Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh no, I"m so sorry! That happened to me once. I took a job and the boss revealed herself to be totally insane within a week. I was sending out resumes two weeks in and was out in six. Nightmare. Hang in there! You got this. 

I at least had almost two months before the bottom fell out. I knew it wouldn’t be good because I’ve had some issues with this person before (same company, different departments). I was hoping I could make it work, but she is absolutely stone cold crazypants. Also I have had more than my share of crazy bosses (it’s really not me, it’s them, and I do have proof of that). I have 10 more years until I retire, and I just want to not have any more crazy bosses please.

• Hugs 10
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

I at least had almost two months before the bottom fell out. I knew it wouldn’t be good because I’ve had some issues with this person before (same company, different departments). I was hoping I could make it work, but she is absolutely stone cold crazypants. Also I have had more than my share of crazy bosses (it’s really not me, it’s them, and I do have proof of that). I have 10 more years until I retire, and I just want to not have any more crazy bosses please.

I left my new job in less than a year last year because my boss was nasty, incompetent and crazy. Good luck! I was lucky and found a new job where I’m much happier. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
Just now, kacesq said:

I left my new job in less than a year last year because my boss was nasty, incompetent and crazy. Good luck! I was lucky and found a new job where I’m much happier. 

I left Tufts after 12 years because my boss turned and became a nasty, backstabbing twit (he'd been fine for several years up till then). I didn't want to move because I was 59 and didn't think I'd be able to get another job. I hoped I'd be able to hang on till retirement but he made it impossible. (Eventually everyone in our little group left). Blessing in disguise, I went to MIT and had the BEST BOSS EVER, and retired from there two years ago. All the disruption and change is worth it for a good work situation. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, kacesq said:

If they’re getting married this early in the season, does that mean we’ll be done with them soon?

Oh honey. You'll be positively YEARNING for Devin and Nick before long. We still have Jasmine and Gino to contend with . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Weekend from Hell--2 drug busts involving children. 20 hours straight, 3 states and I'm back on at midnight.

Meanwhile, casenotes...due by midnight. I'm drinking non-alcoholic wine.

I really do love this job.

You are needed and amazing!

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2