Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I heard on an NPR radio show that Korean women need to weight no more than 120 lbs to be considered beautiful so yeah, Father Devin, Koreans think Americans are fat. But Nick should be more tactful and keep his mouth shut. He seems smart, he'll figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I met a southern man who called his wife "cornbread fed" and "whole lotta girl". To him, this was affectionate, and she enjoyed the names as well.

Did Piggy object?

I once read a book by an Irish writer who had one character refer to another as "a fine grand armful" which I thought was delightful. 

Anyone remember Road Rules? One of the cast members was an English girl who went by Piggy. 

So wait, someone asked him what Koreans think of Americans (because he's a spokesperson for all of Korea), he answered, saying what the general impression was as he saw it. And Devin's dad takes it personally and jumps to "Nick hates all Americans and thinks we're lazy and fat". My eyes are rolling back in my head so far I can see my own rapidly melting brain. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

I think Nick is Korean gentleman.  

I see the production assistant who furnishes the flowers for the airport greetings came through.   

That shirt on Sam is interesting, so it's a batik from Citra. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Realitystarr said:

Wait  so  two of you in here are on  Ozempic or Mounjaro and neither have lost any weight? 

I'm on the lowest dose possible. It's to keep my A1c from getting into ugly numbers, and it's working. 

I miss liking food, though. I still crave, but can't satisfy the craving.  Even diet soda tastes weird and bitter.

• Hugs 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Terrible week here - have a humongous stye for a week now.  Took daughter for an iron infusion, she gets another next Friday.  On Tuesday she is having an Endoscopy.   I have 2 parties coming up - Weds & Thurs.  If the eye isn't better, I can't go.   Sorry for venting.

Hope it gets better soon! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I miss liking food, though. I still crave, but can't satisfy the craving.  Even diet soda tastes weird and bitter.

Years ago, when I was having chemotherapy, one of the saddest side effects was the inability to taste most things. I remembered how I thought it would taste, but when eaten, it was all metallic or cardboard-like. But, damn, I couldn’t stop watching the Food Channel!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 6
44 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Terrible week here - have a humongous stye for a week now.  Took daughter for an iron infusion, she gets another next Friday.  On Tuesday she is having an Endoscopy.   I have 2 parties coming up - Weds & Thurs.  If the eye isn't better, I can't go.   Sorry for venting.

Put some Johnson's Baby Shampoo on it with a cotton swab! Reapply every few hours. It will roll over and die in 24 hours, or at least shrink considerably.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Citra its not too late. Stay home. Do not go gentle into the cornfields. 

Where is Sam from again? 

He seems really irresponsible and immature. She doesn’t know what she is getting in to.

Sam should talk to Sarper. Nice clean bed

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

He seems really irresponsible and immature. She doesn’t know what she is getting in to.

Sam should talk to Sarper. Nice clean bed

Where he's going to make lots of "white babies". I am screaming inside. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
44 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Yep. I totally believe you got engaged to someone and didn’t tell them you were bi. Also…we’ve seen this storyline before. Try harder Sharp.

Im under a tremendous amount of stress right now and am in no mood for these chuckle fucks….

but I adore my fellow snarkers. 💋 

Sorry! Hope things calm down soon. We're here for you. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Put some Johnson's Baby Shampoo on it with a cotton swab! Reapply every few hours. It will roll over and die in 24 hours, or at least shrink considerably.

I have gone through 1/2 bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo.  Saw eye doctor and have also been using antibiotic drops, and warm compresses.   Get this every so often in the right eye.  Doctor says I will get it, try to stave off with the drops at the first indication of anything.

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 4
2 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Well I like that he wants lots of babies. That's refreshing.  By the way sam, No sex before marriage is actually a Christian belief too. 

I wonder if it’s a Space Alien belief, too. 

• LOL 5