Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Gobi said:

Some giant fucking ad for Disney keeps taking over my screen. 😬

It’s terrible. 

Just now, Shelbie said:

This is NOT overthinking. This is an attempt to control him.

Yep. She does not trust him, never will. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

You, my lovely public, did what no therapist has ever done.

I figured out why I was doing something that didn't even make sense to me!

The man wasn't what was motivating myself...it was fear of missing out! I mean...what if he's the last one that ever asks?? 

Exactly. He won't be. 

I no longer feel like my coupon is expiring and I have to run out and buy one before they are all gone.  Whatever I decide to do, it won't be out of late night infomercial madness. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Mary will be just fine. Its Brandan I'm worried about, he's going to pieces. I'm having flashbacks because my lad was in an emotionally abusive relationship when he was 18 and it was a grueling ordeal for all of us. I was texting all his friends and begging them to check in on him and talk sense. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The one who definitely follow the diet exactly as outlined and didn’t know what happened.

I believe that the scale wasn't functioning properly. And a lot was going on so she slipped (into a vat of macaroni and cheese) a few times. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Mary found it easy to laugh and lie about the blackouts, now she experiences a breakdown when Brendan wants to be able to loom around a room where a woman is present.  She needs therapy, he can’t walk on eggshells his whole life.

Therapy wouldn't help, because it would just make her more of what she already is. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mary reminds me of that woman who faked having a heart attack on My 600 Pound Life so she wouldn't have to face the music in Dr. Now's office. Or this girl I went to high school with who'd always ask to go to the nurse if she was called on. 

That was Joyce.   She was a hoot.   Also Angie J and Kirsten who both said to Dr. Now while in the hospital that they wished they weren't alive.  They both ended up on psych holds.   I love Dr. Now, he doesn't play around. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

The man wasn't what was motivating myself...it was fear of missing out! I mean...what if he's the last one that ever asks?? 

Exactly. He won't be. 

I no longer feel like my coupon is expiring and I have to run out and buy one before they are all gone.  Whatever I decide to do, it won't be out of late night infomercial madness. 

I am very glad to hear this! You are a grand fine armful and some lucky guy is sure to find you and bless the day. You got this.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

That was Joyce.   She was a hoot.   Also Angie J and Kirsten who both said to Dr. Now while in the hospital that they wished they weren't alive.  They both ended up on psych holds.   I love Dr. Now, he doesn't play around. 

i only remember the one that basically cooked all her food in bed and the other one that proclaimed she can finally wipe her own ass!

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I'd like to see Mary with Christian - that would be great TV!

Yep! Sheer torture for both of them, each time he talks to a woman, which he can't help but do.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
Just now, greekmom said:

so here.

still trying to get over the weekend.

Have a drink…or 5.  One of those days where everyone was just so fucking difficult. My boss DMd me with a “ soooo how do you plan to respond to that extremely rude email? “ me “🙃” lol that was my response to et..an emoji 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Exactly. He won't be. 

This is a pretty smart together (mostly) bunch of people.  You would figure this out yourself, but it's good to get input.  Two thoughts,  1.  My friend's Mom used to say, "there's always another sale" (which you realize).  2.  I'm 23 years older than you and remember feeling that way too, and, at age 53 divorcing my "last chance" idiot.  I have been alone ever since, no dates, no sex, etc.  It's hard to believe, but it's fine.  I have moved beyond that and it's is good.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 2
7 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Exactly. He won't be. 

@Suzywriteryou are hot stuff. Seriously. And brilliant to boot. You will find a guy who can give you 100%

• Like 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am very glad to hear this! You are a grand fine armful and some lucky guy is sure to find you and bless the day. You got this.

I tend to scare men off. Oh well. That's why I have bicycles and sewing machines. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

@Suzywriteryou are hot stuff. Seriously. And brilliant to boot. You will find a guy who can give you 100%

That will be a big surprise if it happens!  I have been told that men want someone who needs them for something, and like to have the upper hand in a relationship. 

I did need one to cut the grass, but I paid cash for a riding mower last week, so that's off the table. 

😁

• Like 3
  • LOL 5