Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Isn't it the same when someone who speaks English tries to learn Mandarin or someone who speaks Russian tries to learn English?

Languages are hard. 

I feel like its having to learn two languages on top of your native. First learn English, then learn to sign in English. Not an easy feat.

Edited by CSunshine76
Spelling
  • Like 3
13 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I want a friend around and to end this dry spell.   

I think you can easily find a FWB online if you describe what you are looking for and are specific about "no married men, no men who are living with a GF." Just an available single or divorced guy who'd like to get together casually sometimes. I  wish you luck in deciding. From what I've seen many times, at least one person and sometimes more get hurt in the vision you describe, which also commonly gets found out by the spouse or partner.   

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
Just now, CSunshine76 said:

I fell like its having to learn two languages on top of your native. First learn English, then learn to sign in English. Not an easy feat.

Amiee was able to sign in ASL and speak  to Sheila in their native language. 

9 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Oh puhleeze. Razvan just isn’t what you want or who you expected. Find yourself another older dude who will pay your way and keep you in Botox. 

Also Razvan? You are not that good an actor because you clearly are more upset about losing your ticket to America than losing Amanda.

I agree with all of this. While Amanda is like an immature, like totally annoying dumbass who like never had any intention of like making it work with Razvan, Razvan is missing the point (she was right) when he declared he’s never asked anyone for anything. He doesn’t understand that he’s not going to be an A list star the moment he gets to the US. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

But she has to double translate.  Think of the word in English and then think of how to sign it.

That's why David really needs to cut her some slack. If it's important to him for her to learn ASL, he needs to be patient and spend time teaching her. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
Just now, greekmom said:

Isn't it the same when someone who speaks English tries to learn Mandarin or someone who speaks Russian tries to learn English?

Languages are hard. 

It's an added step, like speaking two new languages at once. She would have to translate in her head first to English and then to sign language. Similar to non-Western languages. It's easier to learn to speak Japanese, say, than to read it. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Languages are hard. 

Not exactly. Sheila has to translate what she wants to say first from Cebuano into English then sign it. 

• Like 3
Just now, Tuneful said:

I think you can easily find a FWB online if you describe what you are looking for and are specific about "no married men, no men who are living with a GF." Just an available single guy who'd like to get together casually sometimes. But, again, U wish you luck in deciding. From what I've seen many times, at least one person and sometimes more get hurt in the scenario you describe, and it usually gets found out by the partner.   

Yes, this is my concern as well. I mean, could become a Candy Montgomery situation. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I want a friend around and to end this dry spell.  He and his wife have a long term  snarky, antagonistic relationship, but they both have too much to lose financially and socially to divorce. The kids are 40 and 31 and everybody is married or careered up.

I'm considering it because I need to prime the pump. I tend to be invisible; 3 years without a date, 4 years divorced from the swivel-eyed dick that I married in 2013.  I'm thinking this will be fun, and he lives 300 miles away so won't be dropping in. 

As for his wife, we know each other. She's...difficult. I'm not just taking his word for it. I wouldn't consider someone who had a nice wife at home who would be hurt.  If I'm in his state, he, maybe some other friends and I get together for dinner or drinks. Wife chooses not to come. 

BTW, we met in the 5th grade, so we've known each other casually for what, 52 years? 

You have known each other a very long time.  Is this just coming up now or was there always sexual tension between you ? Sex can complicate things. Do you think this will affect your relationship/friendship ? What will happen if his wife or perhaps some common friends find out? At the end of the day you need t9 be true to yourself and do what you feel is best. I would look for someone more emotionally available who can give you the attention you deserve.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Amiee was able to sign in ASL and speak  to Sheila in their native language. 

Aimee ain’t got nothing going on.  No kid, no aging parents, probably no dilapidated house.  She probably had plenty of time to learn. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Saints preserve us! MEISHA, WAKE UP. I am sick to the back teeth of her simpering and wondering whhhhyyyyy Neee-cole-uhhh isn’t being nice. Lady, I beg you. Leave. Go home. Neee-cole-uhhh is a hateful, disrespectful piece of trash. 

p.s. Neee-cole-uhhh, absolutely nobody gives two tiny mouse shits where you fished, okay? You are ugly and utterly boring and a zealot. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1

Going to be seeing my West Coast grandkids later this week. Been a long, long time. They are coming East for my son’s annual guy’s (and now family’s) weekend. They started this, every Labor Day Weekend, at the end of high school and now they are all turning 40. 

• Like 6
  • Love 7
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Going to be seeing my West Coast grandkids later this week. Been a long, long time. They are coming East for my son’s annual guy’s (and now family’s) weekend. They started this, every Labor Day Weekend, at the end of high school and now they are all turning 40. 

That is WONDERFUL, you must be so excited. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

On another note, I had chips and beer for dinner. Diet is going great thanks !

I had a yummy salad with fresh romaine we got from the farm and tomatoes from my tomato plant. Houseguest is in New Orleans for a week and I have been lounging with great dedication. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I had a yummy salad with fresh romaine we got from the farm and tomatoes from my tomato plant. Houseguest is in New Orleans for a week and I have been lounging with great dedication. 

Yum. That sounds fantastic !!

• Like 1
  • Love 1