Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

Wow, you cleaned up! I got a new old sewing machine last week, and a new old PYREX 9x13 pan for my turtle to use as his porch water dish. Before anyone crucifies me for using real PYREX for a pet dish, it guarantees that he won't get any weird chemicals leaching into his water. He's around 56 and I want to see him reach 57. 

Oh please, you don’t want to know what I spend on my pups LOL.  Turtle deserves to live in style!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Anyone shocked by Britney Spears’ breakup? We’re all psychics!!

Yes but it's her that is cheating.  All those crazy nudes she was posting on IG were thirst traps for her new sides peices.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

David has a good heart. I hope this works out for them.

Looking at their star chart, it looks like they may have some communication issues. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I belong to PYREX (not "pyrex") collector groups. They are brutal about misuse of genuine PYREX. Nobody cares about pyrex, though.

tell them to fuck off. 

:-)

I wonder if there is a Filipino community in Nebraska

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
Just now, Doublemint said:

Never ask a kid if they want to move anywhere, you just take them.  Sorry, it's up to the adults. 

I agree. The adults have to figure out the logistics and the finances. Kids can't make those decisions. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Wow, you cleaned up! I got a new old sewing machine last week, and a new old PYREX 9x13 pan for my turtle to use as his porch water dish. Before anyone crucifies me for using real PYREX for a pet dish, it guarantees that he won't get any weird chemicals leaching into his water. He's around 56 and I want to see him reach 57. 

I am ALWAYS on the search for PYREX. There was a ton at one place we went but I have so much I forebore. So I would never judge, you can get PYREX at Savers for peanuts. I'm also always looking for Revereware pans. I love commemorative plates, kitschy ones. Old dresser scarves. PYREX. Kitchen supplies. Cookbooks. Little tables. Pitchers. Planters. I found a cache of flatware yesterday that MATCHES MY EXISTING FLATWARE. Took what I needed and will donate the rest. It was awesome. Right now we're on the hunt for a Dustbuster for a friend. We were manifesting a rice cooker and found a nice one, brand new, with the instructions! AND its red, my fave color. A Dustbuster can't be far behind. There was a sewing machine on offer at one place and I tried to persuade houseguest to buy it but she resisted. Kenmore, portable, in great condition. Oh well. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

tell them to fuck off. 

:-)

NOOOOO! They are my mates, the keepers of PYREX integrity, the scorners of dishwashers, the collectors of THE SETS! They know why I need that red bowl and am willing to pay for it!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

So tonight I made mushroom risotto from scratch. My girlfriend had three helpings. And it was my own recipe. 

I love risotto! Share with your fellow snarkers. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

NOOOOO! They are my mates, the keepers of PYREX integrity, the scorners of dishwashers, the collectors of THE SETS! They know why I need that red bowl and am willing to pay for it!

I might have that red bowl. Is it one of a set of 3 or 4? I’ll have to check.

• Like 1

I wish David didn't feel ALL the expense is on him and that he told her, with the benefit of an interpreter, that in this country, in most families both parents need to work (even if it is one FT and one PT) to make enough money. She's really shocked he lives in an apt. and it's not a big one. This is so common among these couples that it floors me. But I'm thinking of Larry and Jenny, for example, she didn't expect a 100% free ride and works right alongside him. 

The barrettes on Jasmine only draw attention to those ratty extensions. And,  yes, she does reverse herself all the time. I  support them not bringing a child into their mess, but I feel bad for Gino. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
Just now, Tuneful said:

I wish David didn't feel ALL the expense is on him and that he told her, with the benefit of an interpreter, that in this country, in most families both parents need to work (even if it is one FT and one PT) to make enough money. She's really shocked he lives in an apt. and it's not a big one. 

I wish they hadn't brought up finances, logistics, or even the prospect of moving in front of the kid.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
Just now, Tuneful said:

I wish David didn't feel ALL the expense is on him and that he told her, with the benefit of an interpreter, that in this country, in most families both parents need to work (even if it is one FT and one PT) to make enough money. She's really shocked he lives in an apt. and it's not a big one. 

I don't blame her for being shocked, most of these people think we all live in big houses, movie style and that money grows on trees.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, AR Traveler said:

I wish they hadn't brought up finances, logistics, or even the prospect of moving in front of the kid.

Yes, the older generation knew how to conduct family business pretty smoothly.  That skill set has disapeared for the most part.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am ALWAYS on the search for PYREX. There was a ton at one place we went but I have so much I forebore. So I would never judge, you can get PYREX at Savers for peanuts. I'm also always looking for Revereware pans. I love commemorative plates, kitschy ones. Old dresser scarves. PYREX. Kitchen supplies. Cookbooks. Little tables. Pitchers. Planters. I found a cache of flatware yesterday that MATCHES MY EXISTING FLATWARE. Took what I needed and will donate the rest. It was awesome. Right now we're on the hunt for a Dustbuster for a friend. We were manifesting a rice cooker and found a nice one, brand new, with the instructions! AND its red, my fave color. A Dustbuster can't be far behind. 

OMG, my flatware!!! I just found the 4 dinner forks and 8 iced tea spoons I lacked on Mercari! I'm on the prowl for the wedding cake knife, although you can bet your buttocks I will not be cutting any wedding cake ever again. 

I love 40's through 60s cook books, wartime frugality books and pamphlets, and genuine flour sacks and flour sack patterns or instructions. I gave up my Revereware, it made me sad for some reason. The thrift stores around here have caught on to PYREX and Corelle, so now the lowest you'll pay for a covered casserole is about $15, $10 if the lid is missing. I also love 50's kitchen appliances with the Jetsony, space-aged design. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

I have one small Revereware saucepan that my mother received as a wedding shower gift in 1954. I cherish it❤️

My 94 year old mother has her full set of Reverware that she got in the 50s. She used to polish the copper bottoms with Twinkle copper polish every time she used them. Whenever I find Reverware at Savers or a yard sale I grab it. If I end up with an overabundance I'll just give it to houseguest when she gets a place. Or to my son if he ever gets rid of his shit roommate who ruins all his good cookware. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Zombness said:

I cannot stand Riley...."mantastic"  UGH!!

ITA. In fact I find him rather scary. Barely contained rage, working those facial muscles in rage, etc. If he didn't want to finish out the season and get the checks (and maybe a sequel) he would've in true form stomped out, calling her expletives. I think we'll see his true colors at the Tell Nothing. I hope the rest of the cast and mystery guests clean his clock. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My 94 year old mother has her full set of Reverware that she got in the 50s. She used to polish the copper bottoms with Twinkle copper polish every time she used them. Whenever I find Reverware at Savers or a yard sale I grab it. If I end up with an overabundance I'll just give it to houseguest when she gets a place. Or to my son if he ever gets rid of his shit roommate who ruins all his good cookware. 

I'm about to come snatch that bitch out of there myself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am ALWAYS on the search for PYREX. There was a ton at one place we went but I have so much I forebore. So I would never judge, you can get PYREX at Savers for peanuts. I'm also always looking for Revereware pans. I love commemorative plates, kitschy ones. Old dresser scarves. PYREX. Kitchen supplies. Cookbooks. Little tables. Pitchers. Planters. I found a cache of flatware yesterday that MATCHES MY EXISTING FLATWARE. Took what I needed and will donate the rest. It was awesome. Right now we're on the hunt for a Dustbuster for a friend. We were manifesting a rice cooker and found a nice one, brand new, with the instructions! AND its red, my fave color. A Dustbuster can't be far behind. There was a sewing machine on offer at one place and I tried to persuade houseguest to buy it but she resisted. Kenmore, portable, in great condition. Oh well. 

Tell me how to successfully manifest!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Kody…you cheated yourself out of your family…I’m gonna write FUCK on the side of his house 

I love Janelle saying F-U to him as he flounces off. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1