Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, GrammyPammy said:

. It worked in Jenny’s favor to get him to marry her but now it’s going to be a long haul for her…

She'll die before her time, alone, in India, or have to schlep back to the U.S. alone to sleep on her daughters' couches again. Summeat is thinking up plots to extricate himself. Nice of him to discover a little ambition AFTER he married her.  

• Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

I was excited about Paradise til I just figured out it already ran on Discovery+

I know! The first time I saw the commercial I thought it was a new season and I was so excited! It’s better than all of these tired O. G. 90 Day shows…

• Love 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I just read that Randy Fenoli of “Say Yes to the Dress” got engaged. 

OK, that's more like it! 

Anyone cook anything good? Go to any good parties? Read any good books? I'm reading Sinead O'Connor's memoir. I have a stack a foot high on the coffee table to choose from for my next. I've hit my goal of 52 books for the year (I always set a goal of a book a week every year). I might make 60+ by year's end. I have Ronan Farrow's "Catch and Kill" on tap, but could be swayed. Any suggestions? Non fiction is more my jam but I like a good novel too. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

64 and I gave my car away for love and secks

And very basic sex that they needed to signup for the Kama Sutra where Jenny ended up breaking Summit's dick and he got diarriah all night. Sexy times folks, sexy times.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, that's more like it! 

Anyone cook anything good? Go to any good parties? Read any good books? I'm reading Sinead O'Connor's memoir. I have a stack a foot high on the coffee table to choose from for my next. I've hit my goal of 52 books for the year (I always set a goal of a book a week every year). I might make 60+ by year's end. I have Ronan Farrow's "Catch and Kill" on tap, but could be swayed. Any suggestions? Non fiction is more my jam but I like a good novel too. 

Have you read the Thomas Cromwell trilogy by Hillary Mantel? Long but loved them. Right now I am just picking random mysteries from the library.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, that's more like it! 

Just ordered "The Invention of Murder" about how murder mysteries evolved during the Victorian Era in England, despite the relatively rare murders. Looks good.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love the perfume Ange ou Démon by Givency. Looking for something similar that lasts a little longer on my skin. Any recommendations?

I only wear Chanel No 5 - when I wear anything.  For me, that's it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

She'll die before her time, alone, in India, or have to schlep back to the U.S. alone to sleep on her daughters' couches again. Summeat is thinking up plots to extricate himself. Nice of him to discover a little ambition AFTER he married her.  

He's so spineless and weak he couldn't think of a way to avoid marrying her. Now he's stuck. Idiot. 

6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love the perfume Ange ou Démon by Givency. Looking for something similar that lasts a little longer on my skin. Any recommendations?

I love all Givenchy perfume. I rarely wear it now but I love Ysatis. 

6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Anecdote? Last night I Zoomed with my 5 year old granddaughter in SF and showed her how to make snowflakes with paper and a pair of scissors. She made about ten of them. I loved it.

That is so adorable I am now one big squish. 

4 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

I finally broke and got the 7 day Apple+ trial to watch Ted Lasso.  It was worth it just for Roy FUCKING Kent.  I love this man.

I LOVE Roy Kent. I love him and Keeley. I LOVE Sam. I love Rebecca. I love Dani Rojas. I just fucking love everyone on that show. I'll probably watch it again before the week is out now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, that's more like it! 

Non Fiction: In the Garden of Beasts was a good read. Also The Gown  by Jennifer Robeson (about the ladies who made QEII’s wedding gown)  was interesting. Nina Totenberg wrote a poignant book about her friendship with RBG called Dinner with Ruth. I enjoyed all of those books. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

OK, that's more like it! 

Highly recommend the Legendborn series by Tracy Deonn. I also loved Viola Davis’s memoir.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I hope this is the end of big fat life show, from what I read the story planned for next season is extremely disgusting and disrespectful, especially towards babs

Looking back it's odd it was just season 1 or 2 that they had that stupid epi of her finding out her mom was married before and Glenn had a girlfiriend in Hawaii.  It seemed so random, who knew there was a bigger story in the background.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I read novels before I go to bed. And once I’m finished with it, I totally forget the entire book. Go figure.

I fall asleep to Seinfeld most nights. My millennial  mailman doesn’t know who Newman is. Sacrilege I tell you

• Mind Blown 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I LOVE Roy Kent. I love him and Keeley. I LOVE Sam. I love Rebecca. I love Dani Rojas. I just fucking love everyone on that show. I'll probably watch it again before the week is out now. 

Yes I love them all except for Nate.  Still have two more episodes to watch of season 2.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I fall asleep to Seinfeld most nights. My millennial  mailman doesn’t know who Newman is. Sacrilege I tell you

You'd think Newman would be a big poster on the wall at the USPS.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Have you read the Thomas Cromwell trilogy by Hillary Mantel? Long but loved them. Right now I am just picking random mysteries from the library.

I just read one that was set in Newfoundland that won all kinds of awards and got great reviews and I thought it was horrible. I do like the odd mystery but mostly they disappoint. I tried to read a book by Hilary Mantel and found it a slog, gave it up a few chapters in. But maybe it was a one off? Can't remember which one, maybe "A Place of Greater Safety"? I keep hearing good things about her. 

3 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Just ordered "The Invention of Murder" about how murder mysteries evolved during the Victorian Era in England, despite the relatively rare murders. Looks good.

Oooh, that sounds great! Right up my street. I love "The Moonstone" by Wilkie Collins which is widely described as the first modern detective/murder mystery. I'm putting this on my list. I love Victorian stuff. 

1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Non Fiction: In the Garden of Beasts was a good read. Also The gown by Jennifer Robeson (about the ladies who made QEII’s wedding gown was good. Then Nina Totenberg wrote a good book about her friendship with RBG called Dinner with Ruth. I liked all of those books. 

I will investigate all of these, thanks for the tip! 

Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Highly recommend the Legendborn series by Tracy Deonn. I also loved Viola Davis’s memoir.

I've read Viola's book and I liked it a lot. I'll look into the others. 

• Love 5

Reading "Beatrix Potter, Drawn To Nature" out of the library, a large, hardbound book based on the BP exhibit at the V & A Museum in London. May buy it. It's beautifully designed and produced, the art is irresistible, and there's more to BP than many folks know. This was very nice for me. I've had trouble reading almost anything ever since the pandemic started. I'll get a chapter or two in, and flake. Is 90DF melting my brain?    

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Love 6