Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Life After Lockup: Is He a Trick?

• Start Topic

Marcellino and Brittany zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . Oops, sorry, I nodded off for a bit, Ex-military, former model, now supposed low end professional poker player and ex-junkie willing to drag the whole family into the show to stay in the limelight.  They and their ever-increasing brood are back to bore us again.

You know... they're boring, but good for them. Boring is a perfectly reasonable goal, particularly for someone with Brittany's background. The show is pretty easy money for them, they seem to genuinely care about each other and they love and care for their kids. I'd hate to see them take a turn for the worse, honestly. Brittany is one of the few on this show who seems really determined to live a good life and stay out of prison and away from drugs. If the trade-off is a boring life, that seems like a good one. I root for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
On 8/23/2021 at 1:26 PM, Elizzikra said:

You know... they're boring, but good for them. Boring is a perfectly reasonable goal, particularly for someone with Brittany's background. The show is pretty easy money for them, they seem to genuinely care about each other and they love and care for their kids. I'd hate to see them take a turn for the worse, honestly. Brittany is one of the few on this show who seems really determined to live a good life and stay out of prison and away from drugs. If the trade-off is a boring life, that seems like a good one. I root for them.

The rehab house thing felt manufactured.  If there are four people, and $80k in the kitty, how did they get away with only putting in $8k?  I don't hate them, though.  If they manage to not show her mom this season, I'll be thankful for that.

• Love 10
On 8/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:
  • Lacey and Shane/Chane, online sex worker with inflated lips and many other inflated body parts and malicious wounder with hair choices so poor they become a reflection of the terrible life choices he continually makes. 
  • Muskrat Stan and Lisa, a "millionaire" with a sex basement, penchant for having his prostate milked and almost zero self control who sees himself as quite the charmer even though he has what appears to be a dead animal on his head that he has styled into poofy Hitler hair and a woman who has spent more of her adulthood in prison than out who is trying to milk more than Stan's prostate for everything he has. 
  • Beaver-teethed Shawn and TBD, having watched his relationship with the ever-so-charming Destinee explode spectacularly and no longer being on the hook for the oft-mentioned $50,000, Shawn is yet again looking for convict love to throw money at rather than caring for his six kids.  
  • Daonte and Nicolle, he has burned his rubber headless torso sex doll, Nicolle Jr., in a viking funeral and she "loves?" him but wants nothing to do with him but his money

It feels too soon for Stan and Lisa, and too pointless for Daonte and Nichole (sans Jr).  I guess you could say the same about Ray and Britnney, but at least they have some promise.  I have zero interest in seeing Shawn make a fool of himself in front of another convict, or any interaction at all with Lacey and Chane.  Speaking of Shawn, though, how do you have six kids outside of a committed relationship?  I can see one or two, but at some point they should have gotten married.  I'm also skeptical that he was able to get out of his house and car payments with anything left at all.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Speaking of Shawn, though, how do you have six kids outside of a committed relationship?  I can see one or two, but at some point they should have gotten married.

Obviously, one of them refused to.  If he croaks (or is helped to his grave by one of his inmate-sweeties), his childen will receive survivors' benefits, but the woman who put up with HIM and raised his children for twenty years will get nothing.  Baby Mama needs to press for some legal paperwork ... quickie marriage for as long as she can hold him to it. It won't make any difference in his life...lifestyle.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Obviously, one of them refused to.  If he croaks (or is helped to his grave by one of his inmate-sweeties), his childen will receive survivors' benefits, but the woman who put up with HIM and raised his children for twenty years will get nothing.  Baby Mama needs to press for some legal paperwork ... quickie marriage for as long as she can hold him to it. It won't make any difference in his life...lifestyle.

I'd thought they were all with Raggedy-Ann.  Perhaps I was mistaken.

• Useful 1

I can't believe nobody mentioned the way Lacey, who of course calls her partners 'Chane' and 'Chon', was accusing Chane of 'sheeting' on her.

Sad that there wasn't a PITCHER of water on Shawn and Kelly's table. 

Ugh at Brittney's simpering that 'when' she and Ray marry, she'll never drive herself again. She sure knows how to entrance a guy. And I'm still debating whether that stick straight Cleopatra wig is even worse than the big poofy one she's usually flipping around.

Can Stan find one more way to make himself look like an even bigger ass than he does now? His poor kids.

The previews are amazing! Did we really see Nicole Sr. in a wedding dress???

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Looks like Daonte’s relationship with Nicolle Sr. is going to be lather, rinse, repeat. Coincidentally, that’s the same relationship he had with Nicolle Jr..

• LOL 23
37 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Ugh at Brittney's simpering that 'when' she and Ray marry, she'll never drive herself again. She sure knows how to entrance a guy. And I'm still debating whether that stick straight Cleopatra wig is even worse than the big poofy one she's usually flipping around.

Brittany has me dumbfounded. She seems to think of Ray as some kind of combination of live in manservant and pet, who will cater to her every whim. She clearly has some issue with abandonment, since she's said more than once that its a positive thing that her guy is on home confinement, so he won't be able to cheat on her. Seems a bit extreme, but hey. Then again, she seems to think that he's some sort of dynamic Mr. Gotrocks or something--he's going to get a very well paying job (I said in the live chat that she thinks he'll probably get hired as a VP at a Fortune 500 company), buy her a huge diamond, and start stuffing her with babies as soon as heaven allows. I mean, has she SEEN Ray? She must have to nudge him with her foot every fifteen minutes to make sure he's still awake. Never have I seen an expression on his face that's not mild distaste, blank lack of interest, or pure befuddlement. Why does she insist on acting like he's some dashing, devoted swain? AND a self motivated go getter who's going to grab the world by the balls? A speed bump has more personality! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
On 8/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, Elizzikra said:

Same here but I'd rather they take their boring asses with their fake crafted drama off of my TV and go live in obscurity.  

Now that she doesn't have Mother Brittany or Sister Brittany as a storyline, I see she and Marcelino had to dig deep to come up with something else to earn that TLC check.

If they wish to be normal and boring, I applaud them.  However, they feed from the trough that is TLC which contradicts their desire to have a "normal" life.  

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I can't believe nobody mentioned the way Lacey, who of course calls her partners 'Chane' and 'Chon', was accusing Chane of 'sheeting' on her.

Can Stan find one more way to make himself look like an even bigger ass than he does now? His poor kids.

Spoiler

She or someone posted a picture of her and that twitchy tatted girlfriend of hers being married on IG, I believe.  I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, but that seemed to be the message conveyed in the post.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I was rooting for her to dump her entire plate of hot food onto his lap, but I'm clearly meaner than she is.  

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Same here but I'd rather they take their boring asses with their fake crafted drama off of my TV and go live in obscurity.  

I always wonder how pathetic, uneducated, uninteresting, and BORING the producers are to think we want to watch what they "create."

3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I kept staring at the bald spot forming at the front of Lisa's head.   She didn't have bald patches when she left prison; she had short hair. 

She did say her hair was yanked out in a prison fight. THAT is the reason for the short hair and why she told Stan she looked "like a boy."  That could be the spot you spot.  That's why The Incredible and Handsome Adam's Apple ... I mean STAN bought thos expensive wigs.  Does she REALLY think that extensions tied to the top of her head are more attractive?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I mean, has she SEEN Ray? She must have to nudge him with her foot every fifteen minutes to make sure he's still awake. Never have I seen an expression on his face that's not mild distaste, blank lack of interest, or pure befuddlement. Why does she insist on acting like he's some dashing, devoted swain? AND a self motivated go getter who's going to grab the world by the balls? A speed bump has more personality! 

ALL OF THIS !!    But how/why/and what kind of "good job" does she have in order to have her nice apartment and support a con-ex-con?  SURELY, it requres a degree of common sense.   He is a good looking guy whose parents seem to have a normal and middle-class (or better) lifestyle.  WHY do THEY think of him as some golden boy?   That Ray.  He has it made.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, anoninrva said:
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I'd thought they were all with Raggedy-Ann.  Perhaps I was mistaken.

Maybe I wrote something unclearly.  Did I give the impression that the red-hair (Violent RED) Baby Mama didn't have/raise all his kids?  I'm referring to her as "the women who put up with HIM).   A woman who bears the children isn't "a widow" according to Social Security) unless she was married to the father of the children.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I always wonder how pathetic, uneducated, uninteresting, and BORING the producers are to think we want to watch what they "create."

She did say her hair was yanked out in a prison fight. THAT is the reason for the short hair and why she told Stan she looked "like a boy."  That could be the spot you spot.  That's why The Incredible and Handsome Adam's Apple ... I mean STAN bought thos expensive wigs.  Does she REALLY think that extensions tied to the top of her head are more attractive?

When she left prison I didn't spot any bald spots on the top of her head.  While her hair was short, it was thick.  I am not anti-extensions, but hers are so badly done.  It looks like someone used twist ties to tie them to her hair.  She would look much better in a wig than with that mess on her head.  It would give her time to let her hair grow out if that's what she wants.  

Stan's Adam's apple should have a name of its own.  It looks like a hanging ball sac with only one testicle. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Maybe I wrote something unclearly.  Did I give the impression that the red-hair (Violent RED) Baby Mama didn't have/raise all his kids?  I'm referring to her as "the women who put up with HIM).   A woman who bears the children isn't "a widow" according to Social Security) unless she was married to the father of the children.

I don't have any dog in this fight.  Sorry.  I'm just wondering how you have six kids with someone you're not married to.  I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

• Love 4

ALL OF THIS !!    But how/why/and what kind of "good job" does she have in order to have her nice apartment and support a con-ex-con?  SURELY, it requres a degree of common sense.   He is a good looking guy whose parents seem to have a normal and middle-class (or better) lifestyle.  WHY do THEY think of him as some golden boy?   That Ray.  He has it made.

I don't know what kind of work she does, but several people have emphasized on the show that she has two jobs. TWO!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I was rooting for her to dump her entire plate of hot food onto his lap, but I'm clearly meaner than she is.  

I wanted her to get her food to go because apparently Shawn has never taken her anywhere nice in the two decades she's known him (!). She should get at least one fancy meal out of his pathetic ass.

24 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

I don't have any dog in this fight.  Sorry.  I'm just wondering how you have six kids with someone you're not married to.  I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

I'm not old but I guess I'm old-fashioned this way too. Also, I get the distinct impression that this wasn't a mutual decision. Like I know couples with and without kids who don't want to get married and have made that clear - everybody is on the same page about it. But I don't think that's what happened here; I suspect Kelly wanted to get married and Shawn didn't. He's said they've been on and off so maybe each "on" resulted in a kid, but at some point you have to just shut that all down. Like, accept that you're not getting what you want out of the relationship and cut him completely off except for seeing his kids (which he doesn't care about anyway).

I know a number of women, myself included, who wasted time (but NOWHERE NEAR this much time, and no kids) with men who didn't want the same things we did, and all of us, myself included, wish we'd ended things sooner. I see some of that in Kelly - I'm sure she loves her kids, but I suspect she wishes she'd chosen a better father for them. She has a sad air about her. I remember last season seeing one of their kids crying and telling Shawn straight to his face (and good for her) that he was a shit father, and Kelly looked really regretful. AND SHAWN HAS LEARNED NOTHING. I REALLY REALLY hate him. People who don't do right by kids infuriate me.

Just now, Elizzikra said:

I don't know what kind of work she does, but several people have emphasized on the show that she has two jobs. TWO!

I think the show lists her as a health care advocate and a quick Google search tells me the average salary for that is about $50K. So I would guess she needs another job to support her lifestyle, because she does seem to live pretty comfortably.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

When she left prison I didn't spot any bald spots on the top of her head.  While her hair was short, it was thick.  I am not anti-extensions, but hers are so badly done.  It looks like someone used twist ties to ties them to her hair.  She would look much better in a wig than with that mess on her head.  It would give her time to let her hair grow out if that's what she wants.  

Stan's Adam's apple should have a name of its own.  It looks like a hanging ball sac with only one testicle. 

Lisa’s hair reminds me of the head on those cheap plastic dolls from the 70s. Clumps of hair stuck into the scalp like a hook rug. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

First, I'd like to say that a guy wearing cologne to the gym sounds like a fucking nightmare.  A miasma of funk, BO, sweat and Axe (because you and I both know thats exactly what Shane and Lacey consider cologne).  You just know he is positively reeking at the gym, gross.  

Second, I don't like Lacey and I don't like Shane, but I LOOOOOOVE a fat happy baby.  How did these two life rejects ever create such a beautiful sweetpea?

Third, is Stan checking his stocks in the newspaper because he doesn't know about computers or does he just like living like its 1982, because that would explain his house.

Fourth, I'm so glad to see Brittney and Marcelino back, their inspiring story of love and redemption is always such a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fifth,  cryptocurrency is pretty much the same as gambling with your money so whatever.  I generally appreciate their segments so I can get snacks.  

Sixth, Shawn, as usual is awful.  But, that is to be expected at this point.  I blame Kelly for not putting a support agreement in writing.  How fucking sad that her turd of an ex never took her out for a nice dinner in sixteen years, he is so gross.  

Seventh, despite my best efforts, Lacey is kind of growing on me.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
On 8/27/2021 at 7:48 PM, anoninrva said:

It feels too soon for Stan and Lisa, and too pointless for Daonte and Nichole (sans Jr).  I guess you could say the same about Ray and Britnney, but at least they have some promise.  I have zero interest in seeing Shawn make a fool of himself in front of another convict, or any interaction at all with Lacey and Chane.  Speaking of Shawn, though, how do you have six kids outside of a committed relationship?  I can see one or two, but at some point they should have gotten married.  I'm also skeptical that he was able to get out of his house and car payments with anything left at all.

I think Kelly has extremely low self-esteem and Shawn was able to capitalize off of that.  

Fucking turd, she gave him six children and he hasn't even taken her to a nice restaurant over 16 years.  And then to try to say that she was keeping him from his kids.  I can't stand him.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I kept staring at the bald spot forming at the front of Lisa's head.  She didn't have bald patches when she left prison; she had short hair.  She going to be a cue ball if she keeps those things in. 

Whatever that is it looks like trouble, because each tiny bit of hair is holding like 20 inches of fake hair.  I actually think she could have gotten her hair to grow faster and healthier if she had used the wigs.  The length of her hair was PERFECT for a wig because it would have laid flat.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Brittany has me dumbfounded. She seems to think of Ray as some kind of combination of live in manservant and pet, who will cater to her every whim. She clearly has some issue with abandonment, since she's said more than once that its a positive thing that her guy is on home confinement, so he won't be able to cheat on her. Seems a bit extreme, but hey. Then again, she seems to think that he's some sort of dynamic Mr. Gotrocks or something--he's going to get a very well paying job (I said in the live chat that she thinks he'll probably get hired as a VP at a Fortune 500 company), buy her a huge diamond, and start stuffing her with babies as soon as heaven allows. I mean, has she SEEN Ray? She must have to nudge him with her foot every fifteen minutes to make sure he's still awake. Never have I seen an expression on his face that's not mild distaste, blank lack of interest, or pure befuddlement. Why does she insist on acting like he's some dashing, devoted swain? AND a self motivated go getter who's going to grab the world by the balls? A speed bump has more personality! 

IMO, Ray was....at the VERY least semi-catfished at some point.  Brittney and I both know that those pictures of her in the red swimsuit were about 50 pounds ago.  

Ray seems fine with it?  

However, I'd bet that she has a lot of the same feelings Jessica had.....that now that Ray is out of prison and has a loving and supportive family, he has more options than he had in prison.  All his talk of wanting to take it slow must be freaking her out and I'm sure his family is in his ear about how he just got out, so for his sake and for brittneys sake he should play the field a little so he can be ABSOLUTELY sure this is the right relationship before they have babies.  

He is treading on thin ice because I dont put it past Brittney to lie about being on the pill or poke some holes in a condom or some other tomfoolery.  She seems like that girl to me.  

• Love 11
16 hours ago, sempervivum said:

And I'm still debating whether that stick straight Cleopatra wig is even worse than the big poofy one she's usually flipping around.

The Cleopatra wig looks well laid.  I love a good old fashioned Naomi Campbell bone straight weave/wig with a center part.  

The problem with Brittney's is that the part is SO DISTRACTING for some reason that I cannot understand.  Its so eye catching, I don't know if she needs to get at it with some concealer or if she just needs to tuck one side of the hair behind her ear so there is something else for the eye to look at.  

I think I was infinitesimally more put off when I realized that Brittney was wearing an R necklace as some sort of link to Ray.  She is so insecure, take it easy lady, the man doesn't have a job and is stuck in your house.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

He is treading on thin ice because I dont put it past Brittney to lie about being on the pill or poke some holes in a condom or some other tomfoolery.  She seems like that girl to me.

Me too, but with one reservation--I don't think she'll do that until she has a ring on her finger. She seems to have a very middle class sense of propriety. And she has it all worked out how its going to go. Ring,  wedding, house, babies. That she expects Ray to be the driving force of this future is, well, puzzling. He's barely awake most of the time and does not seem in the least interested in Brittany. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

The Cleopatra wig looks well laid.  I love a good old fashioned Naomi Campbell bone straight weave/wig with a center part.  

The problem with Brittney's is that the part is SO DISTRACTING for some reason that I cannot understand.  Its so eye catching, I don't know if she needs to get at it with some concealer or if she just needs to tuck one side of the hair behind her ear so there is something else for the eye to look at.  

I think I was infinitesimally more put off when I realized that Brittney was wearing an R necklace as some sort of link to Ray.  She is so insecure, take it easy lady, the man doesn't have a job and is stuck in your house.  

I THOUGHT it was an R, but I thought, nah, it’s a B and we can’t see the bottom part.  Dang girl, slow your roll!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Other tomfoolery for an obsessive like Brittany might evolve into life-threatening activities...or at least the threats.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2021 at 11:22 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Maybe he's the best she's ever had!  Beauty is in the beholder! Lol

• Love 1
On 8/28/2021 at 4:04 PM, Back Atcha said:

Yet here we are (hanging head in shame). Sadly, they’re right.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:57 PM, anoninrva said:

My former sister-in-law, an attorney, had three kids out of wedlock with the same man. When she announced the third pregnancy, I said, “Let me get this straight—You have enough of a commitment to have three kids with this man, yet you don’t have enough of a commitment to be married?” 🤷‍♀️

On 8/28/2021 at 5:28 PM, Elizzikra said:

Her mother was lamenting the fact that Brittney as two jobs and Ray sits home doing nothing. He’s quite a catch.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, Empress1 said:

I think the show lists her as a health care advocate and a quick Google search tells me the average salary for that is about $50K.

In my mind, health care advocate = AARP Medicare call center worker.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:48 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I THOUGHT it was an R, but I thought, nah, it’s a B and we can’t see the bottom part.  Dang girl, slow your roll!

Give the girl credit! She could have gone the name tattooed on her body in six languages route like Heather.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Her mother was lamenting the fact that Brittney as two jobs and Ray sits home doing nothing. He’s quite a catch.

I bet one of them is some multilevel marketing scam, not a real job.  She seems lazy and entitled.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
On 8/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, Back Atcha said:

Yet here we are (hanging head in shame). Sadly, they’re right.

NOoooo....   Say it ain't so!    We're always griping and wishing for more-more-more, better-better-better.  We can still have TRASH TV without being insulted.

My former sister-in-law, an attorney, had three kids out of wedlock with the same man. When she announced the third pregnancy, I said, “Let me get this straight—You have enough of a commitment to have three kids with this man, yet you don’t have enough of a commitment to be married?” 🤷‍♀️

One of the Kardashians (not that I'm holding them up as some sort of example of right-living) has multiple kids by the same guy and she never married him. Men have children by multiple women all the time. I'm not saying any of this is the best way to live a life or raise kids, but it's interesting that the conversation has focused more on women who have children with men they don't marry and not the other way around.

• Love 2

Folks, 

We are getting off topic.  If you want to discuss the various unwed folks with kids on the show, that is okay.  Do not extrapolate their decisions out to any other groups.  These folks only represent themselves. 

Note:  Sean and flame-hair have six kids; Lacey has several kids pre-Chane; confirmed Indian John has many kids and many marriages which may or may not correlate 

• Love 1
On 8/28/2021 at 9:21 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Lisa’s hair reminds me of the head on those cheap plastic dolls from the 70s. Clumps of hair stuck into the scalp like a hook rug. 

Not as messy as I wanted to find, but this is similar.... Except that Lisa doesn't smile. 

image.png.17e3fd3673c9574f626715c22ba119f8.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 1