Type keyword(s) to search

S06.08: Snatch Game of Love

• Start Topic

I wanted Kylie to win, her Dolly was hilarious and her runway look was better then Ginger's/not the same exact look that most of the girls did tonight.  Pandora leaving was predictable, Samantha is really one-note and doesn't work in this format.  Trinity showed why everyone else gave up on doing Whitney once Ru told them they wouldn't be allowed to make fun of her addiction problems.  Still waiting for the 'game within the game.'

• Love 3

Pandora was so milquetoast this season. Sad because I loved her first season. She's all up in her head and is afraid to step on anyone's toes. She should take a lesson from Bianca and not give a damn.

Still, it's nice to know she's a Douglas Adams fan. 

• Love 7

I don't think Ginger deserved to win the challenge, but I have growing dislike for her so I'm probably being unfair. I only know Phyllis Diller from Scooby Doo so I don't know if it was an accurate impression, but I didn't find it funny. Kylie took it for me, especially if both runway and challenge are considered. 

I just watched Holland's premiere and it made this all stars season seem even weaker. The judging was, like, harsh and specific, too. 

I hope the game in a game is done soon, even though I am enjoying how many of them seem...uninterested. 

• Love 5

Phyllis Diller could have been done a lot better.  She didn't even do her signature laugh.  No mention of fang.  No mention of her plastic surgeries.  I could have done Phyllis better.  Kylie did Dolly good, but Dolly would never wear a dress that short.  Eureka really looked like Devine.  I think she should have won. Sad to see Pandora go, but Kim Cattrell was just blah.  My first recollection of Kim Catrell was in a movie called Porky's. She played a character nicknamed Lassie. Because she howled, like a dog, when she had sex.   Now that would have been funny.

Finally, Ru seems to laugh real loud at things that are funny, but not that. Like she's trying for force us to laugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

That was abysmal. Eureka should have won, but just barely (and I adore her). Phyllis Diller was weak, and I’m tired of seeing Kylie get a winner’s edit. She could have done so much more, like be sugary sweet while giving backhanded compliments.

Pandora just seems so sad, but acts like she deserves something. Where were the jabs at SJP?? That would have been so funny!

• Love 2

I thought it was a perfectly fine Snatch Game and the judging was fair. Ginger was especially quick witted this week and deserved her win. While Kylie was very good this week as Dolly, I thought her runway was wonky. Eureka took a good shot as Divine and Ra'jah was fun as LaToya.

The bottom 2 were correct and as much as I love Pandora Boxx, it was her time to go. 

3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Sad to see Pandora go, but Kim Cattrell was just blah. 

I was hoping that Pandora would have done Kathy Griffin as a wink and a nod to when she came out on the runway looking like Kathy Griffin in front of Kathy Griffin.  Also, while Kathy Griffin is more abrasive than Carol Channing, I would think doing another female comedien would be a bit more in Pandora's wheelhouse than Kim Cattrell.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I was hoping that Pandora would have done Kathy Griffin as a wink and a nod to when she came out on the runway looking like Kathy Griffin in front of Kathy Griffin.  Also, while Kathy Griffin is more abrasive than Carol Channing, I would think doing another female comedien would be a bit more in Pandora's wheelhouse than Kim Cattrell.

That would have been great.  I love Kathy.   

• Love 3

The strange thing is that Ginger has a whole one-person show she created where she plays Divine (I’ve seen it) and her interpretation is much better than Eureka’s (I love Eureka, but it felt a little one-note).  You’d think Ginger would have snatched (pun intended) that role; if she had, I bet there’d be no doubt that she deserved the win.  Ginger had some good lines,  but I never felt like she really captured Phyllis Diller’s delivery style.  The whole thing felt a bit weird.

Rajah’s LaToya sounded better on paper than it did in reality, and I think Ru overplayed how funny it was.  I expected it to be more fun than it really was.

The person who did capture both their subject’s style and also had really funny lines was Sonique.  I agree with others who say she deserved the win.

I love, love, love my fellow Rochester citizen Pandora, but my husband described her presence this season perfectly:   he says she’s acted like someone who has something else on her mind, like some kind of serious thing back home or something. She’s felt distracted. Even when she was packing up her things this episode I can’t help but feel she sounded relieved to be going home to her husband.  I hope she’s okay, but to me she’s never felt like she was fully checked in to this season.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Phyllis Diller could have been done a lot better.  She didn't even do her signature laugh.  No mention of fang.  No mention of her plastic surgeries.  I could have done Phyllis better.  Kylie did Dolly good, but Dolly would never wear a dress that short.  Eureka really looked like Devine.  I think she should have won. Sad to see Pandora go, but Kim Cattrell was just blah.  My first recollection of Kim Catrell was in a movie called Porky's. She played a character nicknamed Lassie. Because she howled, like a dog, when she had sex.   Now that would have been funny.

Finally, Ru seems to laugh real loud at things that are funny, but not that. Like she's trying for force us to laugh.

I agree on the Phyllis impression. Just sitting add kicking your booties is not Phyllis!!! That twitch ginger used was Cher, not Phyllis. 

I was really put off by eureka and her Divine.  Yes, she did pull it off, but it wasn't funny. 

Pandora. Wow, she is my favorite comedy queen and was so super confident on her first season. Something was really up with her and I agree with the other poster's husband, she seemed distracted and lacking her fun sass. She would have KILLED as Phyllis!

I love Ru but maybe it's time for her to give up the ghost. Her over laughing is obnoxious. She did seem really put off by Divine.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

The strange thing is that Ginger has a whole one-person show she created where she plays Divine (I’ve seen it) and her interpretation is much better than Eureka’s (I love Eureka, but it felt a little one-note).  You’d think Ginger would have snatched (pun intended) that role; if she had, I bet there’d be no doubt that she deserved the win.  Ginger had some good lines,  but I never felt like she really captured Phyllis Diller’s delivery style.  The whole thing felt a bit weird.

Rajah’s LaToya sounded better on paper than it did in reality, and I think Ru overplayed how funny it was.  I expected it to be more fun than it really was.

The person who did capture both their subject’s style and also had really funny lines was Sonique.  I agree with others who say she deserved the win.

I love, love, love my fellow Rochester citizen Pandora, but my husband described her presence this season perfectly:   he says she’s acted like someone who has something else on her mind, like some kind of serious thing back home or something. She’s felt distracted. Even when she was packing up her things this episode I can’t help but feel she sounded relieved to be going home to her husband.  I hope she’s okay, but to me she’s never felt like she was fully checked in to this season.

I agree re: Dolly Parton. It was done perfectly. I can only assume Ginger's outfit was better?

• Love 2

I don't really understand why Ginger won but it's Ru's show, not mine. I, too, thought Kylie did a better job. However, the person I actually laughed at was Ra'Jah. I think it's because the weirdness felt more organic to me than one liners.

• Love 5

Kylie continues to surprise me, she has really stepped her pussy up. I heart Pandora and am sad to see her go but am glad Kylie's still there repping for the first few seasons' queens.

As others have noted Ginger needed to add Phyllis's trademark cackle. Eureka so looked like Divine but seemed off somehow. 

So trying to be tactful here & I don't know much about her but...is Tina Knowles ok?? Her face seemed off? 

My fave part of this episode was at the end post-lip sync when Ginger gently placed her lipstick in the crack of Kylie's butt as the remaining queens danced on the runway. Classy all the way. LOL 

• Love 1
On 8/7/2021 at 7:16 PM, belligerent said:

However, the person I actually laughed at was Ra'Jah. I think it's because the weirdness felt more organic to me than one liners.

It was so subtle but felt so true to Ms. Jackson. "A nice pantsuit." Just on point to me.

Divine was just too much. I know that I don't know her stuff beyond the original Hair Spray, so I didn't get the murder references at all. I was fine with Pandora going home. Kim Cattrall was not a good choice at all. 

• Love 2
On 8/10/2021 at 1:30 PM, joanne3482 said:

It was so subtle but felt so true to Ms. Jackson. "A nice pantsuit." Just on point to me.

Divine was just too much. I know that I don't know her stuff beyond the original Hair Spray, so I didn't get the murder references at all. I was fine with Pandora going home. Kim Cattrall was not a good choice at all. 

“A nice pantsuit” was the only line that made me laugh out loud. I think Ra’Jah hit the LaToya impression fairly well but it wasn’t funny in the way the show wants snatch game to be funny.

I would never have known who Ginger was doing of I had to guess. I thought Kylie deserved the win.