Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10-B Reunion Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

Leah and Kail reflect on their growth over the last 10 years while Jade and Briana discuss their traumatic experience in Miami.  Dr. Drew and Nessa welcome Ashley to her first TM2 reunion, and Devoin joins Kail to discuss fallout from their podcast.

Airs July 27, 2021

image.png.1f3222025ec2fcbd2343d799d7aaf0f0.png

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Brianna‘s treatment of Devoin was OTT. It started off so nicely in her thanking him for being there for Stella.  Luis is an ass. 

It's like she realized she was acting way too normal and flipped her bitch switch.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

The lack of comments on here after last night's Reunion Part One speaks volumes about the status of this show...WOW! 

So I will throw some commentary out there anyway...

Kail is disgusting. Now she's painting herself as a successful business maven that is all about "mentoring" others like Devoin. Give me a break. The only reason she carted Devoin's ass up to her podcast was stick it to Brianna. There is nothing interesting about Devoin...and what business does he have that she is helping him with by "mentoring" him? He's a server at Bonefish Grill...BTW...how the hell does he afford so much bling and $500 jeans on a server's salary? But I digress...Kail does everything for her own self serving needs. She's so full of shit. From her blaming her weight gain on PCOS when we see her stuffing her face with fried fatty fast food and pizza to her complaining about Jo's "parenting" whilst flirting and faux irritation with Chris's slacker parenting and obnoxious belligerent "tude".  Brianna and Devoin cannot converse with each other about financial stuff...Devoin gets defensive about his splurges on designer duds and bling and Brianna resents him spending large amounts of money on this stuff instead of regularly paying child support. Read the tea leaves Brianna...GO TO COURT and get legally mandated child support. If he or Luis get in arrears, they go to jail. Just like Adam Lind had to when he stopped paying child support for Aubree. Quit trying to do this yourself...if it costs you some money to use an attorney, then it's money well spent. Maybe you can't buy another pair of designer shoes for a few months but your baby daddies will be held responsible by the law...and that's a win for your kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
33 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

The lack of comments on here after last night's Reunion Part One speaks volumes about the status of this show...WOW! 

So I will throw some commentary out there anyway...

Kail is disgusting. Now she's painting herself as a successful business maven that is all about "mentoring" others like Devoin. Give me a break. The only reason she carted Devoin's ass up to her podcast was stick it to Brianna. There is nothing interesting about Devoin...and what business does he have that she is helping him with by "mentoring" him? He's a server at Bonefish Grill...BTW...how the hell does he afford so much bling and $500 jeans on a server's salary? But I digress...Kail does everything for her own self serving needs. She's so full of shit. From her blaming her weight gain on PCOS when we see her stuffing her face with fried fatty fast food and pizza to her complaining about Jo's "parenting" whilst flirting and faux irritation with Chris's slacker parenting and obnoxious belligerent "tude".  Brianna and Devoin cannot converse with each other about financial stuff...Devoin gets defensive about his splurges on designer duds and bling and Brianna resents him spending large amounts of money on this stuff instead of regularly paying child support. Read the tea leaves Brianna...GO TO COURT and get legally mandated child support. If he or Luis get in arrears, they go to jail. Just like Adam Lind had to when he stopped paying child support for Aubree. Quit trying to do this yourself...if it costs you some money to use an attorney, then it's money well spent. Maybe you can't buy another pair of designer shoes for a few months but your baby daddies will be held responsible by the law...and that's a win for your kids.

Love all of this! Even Dr Drew told her go to court! Brianna is the martyr trying to show everyone she’s doing it all on her own. If that’s what you want, stop complaining, OR go to court and let them take care of that so you can enjoy a positive coparenting relationship with Devoin. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Brianna is the martyr trying to show everyone she’s doing it all on her own. If that’s what you want, stop complaining, OR go to court and let them take care of that so you can enjoy a positive coparenting relationship with Devoin. 

Her refusal to actually do anything constructive about her various problems drives me bats.  Not only Drew but Devoin himself said to put him on child support.  She's the only one resisting, and I swear it's so she can have something to bitch about, which I believe is more important to her than whatever small amount Devoin, on his salary, will be required to pay, especially compared to what she rakes in herself--she won't even notice it.  But she gets a lot of satisfaction out of complaining about how the baby daddies have failed her children her.  Never mind that she's the one who chose to procreate with them.  Nope.  She's a victim.

And...the names.  Even Jade, who literally owes her life to Briana (according to the show), was waffling on how to pronounce it.  Hey, everybody, listen to how her mother says it, and follow suit.  Not. That. Hard.

Although I did notice Devoin mispronounce it, even though I'm pretty sure he generally gets it right.  I wondered if he did it on purpose, and then realized that maybe he got confused from everybody else saying it every which way.   Nessa is the only one who used one pronunciation throughout, and it's the same way Briana's mother pronounces it.  Which means at last I can find something nice to say about Nessa.

2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Kail is disgusting. Now she's painting herself as a successful business maven that is all about "mentoring" others like Devoin.

Kail the kingmaker.  Barf.

Unfortunately, it's kind of true.  What I can't figure out is why Devoin went from 25,000 followers to 100,000 followers because he was on Kail's podcast.  Like what exactly was the thought process of those 75,000 people?  It can't be "I've never heard of this interesting fellow Devoin--I should follow him." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, zenme said:

Brianna‘s treatment of Devoin was OTT. It started off so nicely in her thanking him for being there for Stella.  Luis is an ass. 

18 hours ago, Rebky said:

It's like she realized she was acting way too normal and flipped her bitch switch.

I think Briana feels like her brand is "Badass single mom who does it all on her own and isn't shy about calling out her trifling baby daddies," so she tries to have these "epic" moments where she imagines all the single mom supporters out there are going, "Yeah, you tell him, Bri! He's a bum just like my dad/baby daddy!" Even if it makes no sense. So, this time, she started off with Devoin tearfully thanking him for loving Stella, then was ripping into him moments later. I think it's largely a performance for her that she thinks is what her "fans" want to see. I thought Devoin was right to leave when she started carrying on. She wasn't trying to resolve anything; she just wanted to make a big scene for TV.

And what she doesn't seem to get, at all, is that "Amazing, Independent, Together" single moms don't put so much energy into bitching and crying about their baby daddies, in front of their kids, on SM, and on TV. Especially when they have enough money to support the kids very comfortably. Especially when they have consciously chosen not to "put the dads on child support." She's setting a horrible example for her daughters in so many ways. It's sad how her mom and sister are always telling her what a great mom she is. She's actually a terrible mom, IMO. Which is why all the "grilling" the new bf to see whether he's good enough for Briana was such a joke. In reality, he should be getting an STD screening and doubling up on birth control. That's not even snark or hyperbole; it's a rational response to dating someone with Briana's history. I realize that he is probably as nasty as she is, but still.

• Love 14

Kail's almost total focus on the weight gain aspect of her alleged PCOS further convinced me that it's all bull. Out of all the potential symptoms, that's the only one she claims to have and her primary concern isn't the health ramifications, but how hurtful it is for people online to criticize her for being fat. Drew and Nessa tried to throw her a lifeline with the questions about the potential fertility issues and she was like, "Yeah, that too. But I started harvesting my eggs before I found out I had PCOS..." I think she landed on this as an excuse for her weight gain that she could use to silence and shame anyone who gave her shit. If she loses the weight, she'll undoubtedly go on and on about how hard it was with her PCOS and how she hopes she can be an inspiration to other women with health problems that cause them to gain weight.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Kail's almost total focus on the weight gain aspect of her alleged PCOS further convinced me that it's all bull. Out of all the potential symptoms, that's the only one she claims to have and her primary concern isn't the health ramifications, but how hurtful it is for people online to criticize her for being fat. Drew and Nessa tried to throw her a lifeline with the questions about the potential fertility issues and she was like, "Yeah, that too. But I started harvesting my eggs before I found out I had PCOS..." I think she landed on this as an excuse for her weight gain that she could use to silence and shame anyone who gave her shit. If she loses the weight, she'll undoubtedly go on and on about how hard it was with her PCOS and how she hopes she can be an inspiration to other women with health problems that cause them to gain weight.

Didn’t watch, but why did Kail say she started harvesting her eggs before she found out she had PCOS? Didn’t she think she was going to have fertility issues before getting pregnant with Lux? She makes no sense. There is so much bullshit that comes out of that girl’s mouth she should wear a diaper around her head.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
19 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Drew and Nessa tried to throw her a lifeline with the questions about the potential fertility issues and she was like, "Yeah, that too. But I started harvesting my eggs before I found out I had PCOS..."

I'd forgotten about this.  My jaw dropped when she said this.  Why in the world would a 29-year-old woman with FOUR children, most of whom seem to have been only marginally planned, if that, be freezing her eggs? 

Also, I have to hand it to Devoin.  He was already back at work as a waiter before the enhanced unemployment benefits ended.  The entire restaurant industry is screaming about not being able to get people to work for them, and good old Devoin steps up.  Of course, the abuse he gets from restaurant staff and customers is probably mild compared to what he puts up with from Briana.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 15

I can't believe I am recalling this but I think her reasoning was along the lines of "if I find the love of my life, I want to be able to have kids together".  So maybe she even realizes that she has 10+ more years of relationship mistakes to get through?? Or maybe someone will eventually crack the solution to cloning from eggs? 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ReclinerTurnip said:

I can't believe I am recalling this but I think her reasoning was along the lines of "if I find the love of my life, I want to be able to have kids together". 

But don't most 29-year-olds think, "If I find the love of my life, I want to be able to have kids together"?  Are they all freezing their eggs? 

Actually, I just glanced into it.  Apparently several years ago, Facebook and Apple offered $20,000 to employees to cover egg freezing.  I don't know...I'm not sure I'd think something my employer Facebook or employer Apple wanted me to do so much was truly in my best interest. 

• Love 2

Devion kind of reminds me of the husband of my sister's former caregiver, who's name also started with a D.

D had a lot of demons, basically raised his little brothers and sisters, his Mom was awful to him and her boyfriends abused him. D dropped out of high school, could barely read, met a woman and had ONE child. When his child was growing up he was better about keeping a low skill job, but he drank A LOT. He bounced around to various relatives homes sleeping on sofas, in basements and guest rooms. He eventually met my sister's caregiver in his later years and married her, he is a good caregiver to her in their senior years (she is sick from diabetes). My sister ADORES D. ADORES HIM- and trust her instincts better than my own about human character. And he always treated my sister REALLY well, they adored each other. 

Devion like D, probably does have a kind spirit, but has a lot of demons and is not capable of "adulting". Not a morally corrupt human being, but not someone you want to raise a child with. What makes that sad is that if he "got it together" he could be a REALLY great parent/caregiver because he has the heart for nurturing others. I trust the instincts of children, Stella adores him which likely means he is a kind person. 

But Devion is not going to change until HE wants to do so, so Brianna needs to cut it out. I understand she wants a storyline, but god damn it CUT IT OUT.

6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But don't most 29-year-olds think, "If I find the love of my life, I want to be able to have kids together"?  Are they all freezing their eggs? 

Actually, I just glanced into it.  Apparently several years ago, Facebook and Apple offered $20,000 to employees to cover egg freezing.  I don't know...I'm not sure I'd think something my employer Facebook or employer Apple wanted me to do so much was truly in my best interest. 

I know people that are freezing their eggs if they have the financial means to do so, and they have not found a partner around 30/31, just in case. But these people do not have ANY children. Kailyn has FOUR. There is nothing wrong with her meeting "the love of her life" later (although Kailyn is so awful, who would fall in love with her for real) and NOT having a child together. 

Yes, of course there is nothing saying women cannot have more than 4 children, but Kailyn has not demonstrated she is caring for (emotionally) the children she has- much less any others that would come along. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Adiba said:

Didn’t watch, but why did Kail say she started harvesting her eggs before she found out she had PCOS? Didn’t she think she was going to have fertility issues before getting pregnant with Lux? She makes no sense. There is so much bullshit that comes out of that girl’s mouth she should wear a diaper around her head.

I don't 100% believe that Kail was/is harvesting her eggs, but, before the PCOS story, she was telling a story that her doctor had told her she was infertile and would need to do IVF, etc. to get pregnant after Lincoln. She claimed that Lux was, therefore, a "miracle baby," but I feel like she dropped the miracle baby stuff with Creed (or maybe I just missed it). Based on that story, I think maybe she was claiming to be harvesting her eggs a while ago (at least before the PCOS story). If there's any truth to the egg harvesting, I would guess that it's rooted in Kail's personal pathology of seeing babies as relationship glue/insurance/trophies and inability to imagine a "serious" relationship without having kids in common. I think she'll probably have more kids, but without medical intervention (who doesn't love a "miracle baby"?).

7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Devion kind of reminds me of the husband of my sister's former caregiver, who's name also started with a D.

D had a lot of demons, basically raised his little brothers and sisters, his Mom was awful to him and her boyfriends abused him. D dropped out of high school, could barely read, met a woman and had ONE child. When his child was growing up he was better about keeping a low skill job, but he drank A LOT. He bounced around to various relatives homes sleeping on sofas, in basements and guest rooms. He eventually met my sister's caregiver in his later years and married her, he is a good caregiver to her in their senior years (she is sick from diabetes). My sister ADORES D. ADORES HIM- and trust her instincts better than my own about human character. And he always treated my sister REALLY well, they adored each other. 

Devion like D, probably does have a kind spirit, but has a lot of demons and is not capable of "adulting". Not a morally corrupt human being, but not someone you want to raise a child with. What makes that sad is that if he "got it together" he could be a REALLY great parent/caregiver because he has the heart for nurturing others. I trust the instincts of children, Stella adores him which likely means he is a kind person. 

But Devion is not going to change until HE wants to do so, so Brianna needs to cut it out. I understand she wants a storyline, but god damn it CUT IT OUT.

I know people that are freezing their eggs if they have the financial means to do so, and they have not found a partner around 30/31, just in case. But these people do not have ANY children. Kailyn has FOUR. There is nothing wrong with her meeting "the love of her life" later (although Kailyn is so awful, who would fall in love with her for real) and NOT having a child together. 

Yes, of course there is nothing saying women cannot have more than 4 children, but Kailyn has not demonstrated she is caring for (emotionally) the children she has- much less any others that would come along. 

It struck me that poor Stella has no idea what makes someone a "dad" and she has her mom telling her that this creepy stranger is her dad and she's, therefore, obligated to love him and spend time with him whenever he feels like stopping by. Meanwhile, her sister gets a dad who is cool and comes around to play with them and cook for them at least semi-regularly. It wouldn't be surprising if she thought that maybe she could ditch Luis and upgrade to a better dad like Devoin. She's used all the agency she has to try to accomplish that. On multiple occasions, she's said, "I don't like my dad; I like Devoin." and now, apparently, she's gotten herself included on Nova's visits with Devoin. She might think that will make Devoin her dad instead of Luis. Good for her, but heartbreaking.

I think Devoin is a decent person (better than Briana), though kind of a fuck up at life in general. But if it weren't for MTV and support from her family, I doubt that Briana would be doing much better than him. Even if she is "better" than him, she should appreciate the emotional support that he provides for both of her daughters (as well as at least semi-consistent childcare). She doesn't have to think Devoin is the best dad ever or buy him a medal, but she could stop publicly haranguing him and lying about him and trashing him in front of both kids all the time.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think Devoin is a decent person (better than Briana), though kind of a fuck up at life in general. But if it weren't for MTV and support from her family, I doubt that Briana would be doing much better than him. Even if she is "better" than him, she should appreciate the emotional support that he provides for both of her daughters (as well as at least semi-consistent childcare). She doesn't have to think Devoin is the best dad ever or buy him a medal, but she could stop publicly haranguing him and lying about him and trashing him in front of both kids all the time.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think Brianna is a hair above Devoin in that she has always remained gainfully employed and isn’t a drug/alcohol abuser. Devoin didnt start providing consistent childcare until a few years ago. When Nova was a baby/toddler it was all on Brianna and her family. From what I have read online Devoin is the ne’er-do-well of his family and his parents/sisters are tired of his shit. If he stays away from the substances and keeps working, and doesn’t have any more kids in 5 years I will say he has come a long way. 

But Brianna doesn’t make herself look better by constantly pointing out Devoin’s flaws. And the way parenting works in our culture, yeah, she is responsible for picking up the slack. But that continues to speak to her emotional immaturity. I could understand her bitching like this the first year or two Nova was alive. But stop Brianna- STOP. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Maybe you can't buy another pair of designer shoes boobs for a few months but your baby daddies will be held responsible by the law...and that's a win for your kids.

FIFY

Yes!  GO 👏🏽TO 👏🏽COURT 👏🏽 I still think it’s like others have said that she wants to control the visitation and she likes to complain.  I agree that Devoin is only capable of so much—he’s working, he loves Stella, he loves Nova—but he’s never going to transform into a perfect dad.  New guy seems so lively.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, For Cereals said:

FIFY

Yes!  GO 👏🏽TO 👏🏽COURT 👏🏽 I still think it’s like others have said that she wants to control the visitation and she likes to complain.  I agree that Devoin is only capable of so much—he’s working, he loves Stella, he loves Nova—but he’s never going to transform into a perfect dad.  New guy seems so lively.

New guy looks like he's a member of the cast on the Mayans.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with a lot of what you said. I think Brianna is a hair above Devoin in that she has always remained gainfully employed and isn’t a drug/alcohol abuser.

I'd always thought Briana has kept her timeshare-selling job throughout the show, but something Devoin said at the reunion made it sound like she had the job during the time that her iteration of TM was cancelled or whatever, but doesn't have it any more, since the show started airing again.  I remember that she was working at some point during the show, but now that I think about it, that hasn't been mentioned lately.  And wasn't there some sort of salon deal she was involved in?  Maybe that's her job now, which would be much more related to her TM stardom than selling timeshares.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'd always thought Briana has kept her timeshare-selling job throughout the show, but something Devoin said at the reunion made it sound like she had the job during the time that her iteration of TM was cancelled or whatever, but doesn't have it any more, since the show started airing again.  I remember that she was working at some point during the show, but now that I think about it, that hasn't been mentioned lately.  And wasn't there some sort of salon deal she was involved in?  Maybe that's her job now, which would be much more related to her TM stardom than selling timeshares.

Was she even selling timeshares? My understanding was that she had some kind of admin support job at a timeshare company. Either way, kudos to her for having a job, but I think people who sell timeshares have greater income potential and at least the possibility of building an "upper-middle class career," even without a lot of education or work experience.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I noticed when Devoid was on stage with Whale he had 4 or 5 gold chains on. When he came back out with Bri he had toned it down to one chain.

They were clanking on the mic, maybe production asked him to reduce the number??

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2021 at 6:25 PM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Was the pint for Devoin to get followers?  I don't understand what he needed more for and why it was necessary to be on Kails podcast to do this.

it was probably a guess it would help. It sure gave kail an ego burst. uggg.

• Love 1