Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LittleIggy

Battle On The Beach

Recommended Posts

Who else thinks Ty Pennington is living on the beach under a boardwalk? 😆 I’ll be waiting for Alison to tell her team to paint something black. Although I’m with her in wondering why her team picked pipe fittings. And they made candleholders out of them? 🤨 I did think their kitchen was the best. The one that had the paneling left up was in last place, IMO. I thought they were going to paint the paneling to start with, but they just painted it as a last minute thing.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I did appreciate Ty hating on Alison. I can’t stand her. She loves the Villian  role on renovation shows doesn’t she? Although, her team probably had the best kitchen. The candle holders made from their piping was rather weak though. I’m looking forward to the next show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thought the black cabinet team was best, though I laughed a little bit when they were of course assigned the only Black judge to "balance" things out. Can't take the end result seriously at all knowing how screwed up the appraisal world is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Who else thinks Ty Pennington is living on the beach under a boardwalk? 😆 

Me.  He lives under it when not sunbathing on top of the boardwalk to bake-in those wrinkles.  He probably takes the occasional shower & change of clothes at Mom's house.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't believe the winning team was the one who did those jacked up cabinets with the screws all over the place, in the wrong places.  I guess that's better than the team with the pot filler that was at least a foot too tall, and the range hood that was super high.         None of the flippers have impressed me at all.     I was laughing when the Queen of the overdone Kitchens won, Alison was telegraphed for that.

I wasn't impressed by the work on any of the kitchens, and the ones who put the pot filler too high, and vent hood very high, should have been told to fix that.     I feel sorry for the people who rent those beach houses, (I think they're all for the rental market), and have to live with shoddy work.   I bet whoever bought those for investments had to put a lot into redoing a bunch of the work.  

I hate that Ty yells all of the time.   I'm probably not going to watch this show again.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I did appreciate Ty hating on Alison. I can’t stand her. She loves the Villian  role on renovation shows doesn’t she? Although, her team probably had the best kitchen. The candle holders made from their piping was rather weak though. I’m looking forward to the next show. 

Remember that adorable robot lamp Mike Holmes made from pipes and fittings on “Rock the Block”? That was an inspired use of the material.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't believe the winning team was the one who did those jacked up cabinets with the screws all over the place, in the wrong places.  I guess that's better than the team with the pot filler that was at least a foot too tall, and the range hood that was super high.         None of the flippers have impressed me at all.     I was laughing when the Queen of the overdone Kitchens won, Alison was telegraphed for that.

I hate that Ty yells all of the time.   I'm probably not going to watch this show again.  

I think they were all yelling on the beach. I know it takes place on a beach but maybe give the task(s) inside. I will say the yelling has been Ty’s schtick. I think I’m so used to it by now that I don’t even realize he’s doing it. LOL!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I enjoy Rock the Block a lot more than this show.  Don’t believe I’ll be watching the remaining episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

I enjoy Rock the Block a lot more than this show.  Don’t believe I’ll be watching the remaining episodes.

I’m going to watch for the snark value. 😏

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm finding it hard to believe that the three competing couples are all experienced flippers.  I hated that the ones with all of the wonky screws in the cabinets won this week.    The others who had the pot filler, and vent hood way too high didn't have a clue about redoing a kitchen.     

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm finding it hard to believe that the three competing couples are all experienced flippers.  I hated that the ones with all of the wonky screws in the cabinets won this week.    The others who had the pot filler, and vent hood way too high didn't have a clue about redoing a kitchen.     

This. Maybe they’ve renovated their own houses or one other house but they all seem to have no clue in what they are doing.  Why did no one take advantage of the view in the living room? The sofas should be across from each other so you can look out at the view! Design 101 but Tanyia was the only one to acknowledge it.

Ty was a “carpenter”for years on tv…he didn’t know to sand that armoire first? Is he ok? Seems like he’s done some hard living despite being in tv the better part of 20 years. He design skill is non existent here, I feel bad for his team who seems to have no ideas either.  Leaving the gross paneling has cost them any hope of winning.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I can't help but laugh loud and raucously whenever any of these teams say their doing something unique or upscale. Seriously?! 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

24 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

This. Maybe they’ve renovated their own houses or one other house but they all seem to have no clue in what they are doing.  Why did no one take advantage of the view in the living room? The sofas should be across from each other so you can look out at the view! Design 101 but Tanyia was the only one to acknowledge it.

Ty was a “carpenter”for years on tv…he didn’t know to sand that armoire first? Is he ok? Seems like he’s done some hard living despite being in tv the better part of 20 years. He design skill is non existent here, I feel bad for his team who seems to have no ideas either.  Leaving the gross paneling has cost them any hope of winning.

A carpenter would have known those stair rails were unstable. 😬 Whenever I saw Ty in the house, my first thought was they need to keep that homeless guy out! 😏 That paneling is awful. Shouldn’t they have sanded it before whitewashing? I know nothing about home painting.
Mike was right about those horizontal wires on the stair railings. I did like how they moved the stair landing. 
Unfortunately, my fave team is Alison’s! I really like the couple. 
I loathe electric fireplaces.

5 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

I can't help but laugh loud and raucously whenever any of these teams say their doing something unique or upscale. Seriously?! 

Yeah, a plastic planter with twine halfway around as a light fixture is really upscale, as is a paint splashed drop cloth hanging on the wall.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I've painted paneling (it was real wood), with two coats of primer, and then two coats of paint, and it was very nice.   However, since they're at the beach, I bet the primer and paint would take a long time to dry, even with the air conditioning going full blast.    Maybe the primer and paint combination paint would work on the paneling?       I'm not finding the work that any of the flippers are doing to be adequate.     I wonder about the security of the installation on the winning kitchen's cabinets, since Mike Holmes said the screws were in the wrong places.      I'm not watching any more episodes to see if it gets better.     That 'expensive looking' light fixture was hideous. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I liked a little from each house. The moving of the staircase & fireplace and mantel. The wheel chandelier while not anything new (actually it’s dated) turned out nice and the unsafe wire railing. Talk about a owners/renters nightmare. All in all, I think the right team one. I’m sure a real fireplace would be great but they only have so much time. The mantle and facade were beautiful. There were a few things I would buy from Wayfair after viewing the episode but their site is horrible and not very intuitive. That’s why I like Amazon. It’s so (stupid) user friendly. LOL!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

The wheel chandelier while not anything new (actually it’s dated) turned out nice and the unsafe wire railing. 

From all angles the wheel looked like it was hanging with a tilt. Amatuerish.

I know what you mean by Wayfair, Byanose.  I find something that looks like what I'm aiming for and look at all the suggested similars and will save the closest for later comparison because it is not exactly what I want.  A few days later I'll search with the same or similar terms and will find exactly what I'm looking for in my favourite colour.  I have no idea why it didn't "find" it the first time since the reviews indicate that they've been selling it for months.

Edited by deirdra

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

From all angles the wheel looked like it was hanging with a tilt. Amatuerish.

I know what you mean by Wayfair, Byanose.  I find something that looks like what I'm aiming for and look at all the suggested similars and will save the closest for later comparison because it is not exactly what I want.  A few days later I'll search with the same or similar terms and will find exactly what I'm looking for in my favourite colour.  I have no idea why it didn't "find" it the first time since the reviews indicate that they've been selling it for months.

Maybe they're trying to push to towards certain items re: price or availability? 

Share this post


Link to post

Team Alison really effed up that feature wall with that messy paint job. Also, I would hate to have to dust that wall. Points to the wife for saying they would get a colorful rug to tie the room together. The Dude abides. 😏
I hated Team Homeless Guy’s bamboo ceiling. It looked cheap.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t really like any of the bedrooms this week. Also, how could freshly painted walls look so ugly. It looked like it had been done years and lost its luster from beach erosion but they were just painted a a few hours ago. That said, the bonus rooms all turned out pretty which is because they were done professionals.

Also, I now have to admit it. Ty does YELL. I blamed him talking over the ocean but the truth he yells.all.the.time. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/20/2021 at 11:35 PM, ByaNose said:

The wheel chandelier while not anything new (actually it’s dated)

I hate it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I hated Team Homeless Guy’s bamboo ceiling. It looked cheap.

It will be interesting to hear what the pros say when they come in to appraise the houses. I think that bamboo ceiling would lower the value of that house. Not only was it poorly executed, it didn't fit in with the locale. C'mon, Team Homeless Guy... you're in Alabama, not the South Pacific. 

I've stayed in condos at Gulf Shores and they all seemed to be "rustic-beachy" with beams and a lot of wood. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I am nor a fan of Alyson so I'm surprised to fin myself rooting for her team.  I like the couple very much.

The team I do not like is definitely Ty's.  God he has such a big mouth.  In the kitchen they made open shelving when they didn't have that option and after that they were dead to me.  Plus she's so mean to her husband!  I loved when he called her a bird.  lol

I liked the blonde couple's living room so much.  That fireplace was great.

Mike makes me laugh the way he notices everything!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote
On 7/25/2021 at 11:39 PM, ByaNose said:

Also, I now have to admit it. Ty does YELL. I blamed him talking over the ocean but the truth he yells.all.the.time. 

 

I used to enjoy Ty on Trading Spaces long ago. Not anymore. Wow, is he loud, and worn looking. The kind of guy I would expect to see in an old bar in Florida sitting at the end of the bar all day, smoking and drinking his life away , talking about the good old days.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, despite Alison, I like her team. 
Can you imagine the insects and spiders that could get in that bamboo ceiling? 😬

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I used to enjoy Ty on Trading Spaces long ago. Not anymore. Wow, is he loud, and worn looking. They kind of guy I would expect to see in an old bar in Florida sitting at the end of the bar all day, smoking and drinking his life away , talking about the good old days.

Well, close your eyes. I saw this on his Instagram. Not bad for 56. That said, on the show he needs to cut his hair. I think the beach bum look is his shtick…..I think. LOL!!!!!

E0E2260D-974D-4448-ADEE-8E492509E284.jpeg

A4A330F7-5821-4837-8524-4497FB54781F.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Well, close your eyes. I saw this on his Instagram. Not bad for 56. That said, on the show he needs to cut his hair. I think the beach bum look is his shtick…..I think. LOL!!!!!

E0E2260D-974D-4448-ADEE-8E492509E284.jpeg

A4A330F7-5821-4837-8524-4497FB54781F.jpeg

🤭🤢 I need to look at some pics of Olympic divers in Speedos to get that first image out of my head!

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

All these block competitions are filler fun, like while scrolling on your i phone.  I have ceased to take any of them seriously anymore.  Everyone wins something, regardless of how poor or well they do.  

That floormat/privacy wove material on the ceiling was just gross.  After owning rentals, I look at everything to be as simple and easy to clean and replace as possible.  IKEA rocks.   :)

Edited by Pine · Reason: forgot a few words....
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm finding it hard to believe that the three competing couples are all experienced flippers.  I hated that the ones with all of the wonky screws in the cabinets won this week.    The others who had the pot filler, and vent hood way too high didn't have a clue about redoing a kitchen.     

I thought they were new flippers. They seem like new flippers. 
 

I’m enjoying this show, but I like Rock the Block better. Maybe because the teams were made up of HGTV personalities that I know. I’m slowly getting to know these teams, but I’m not very invested in any of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size