Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Kyland won HoH.

Meh.

The sixth HOH and all have been men. Well Sarah Beth should be safe. I bet he'll put Alyssa up. He might put up Derek X as retaliation for nominating Sarah.

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

Kyland won HoH.

Meh.

That's going to put a target on his back - first player to win two HOHs this season.  Someone's going to realize he's a big target that needs to go.  

Tiff's going to lose her mind that she can't get SB out this week like she wants.  I assume the target will shift to Alyssa with Britini as the other nominee since who else is there for Ky to nominate without going after the CO, Derex or his fellow Queens?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

The sixth HOH and all have been men. Well Sarah Beth should be safe. I bet he'll put Alyssa up. He might put up Derek X as retaliation for nominating Sarah.

No way will he put up Derex.  He and Derex are really tight.  I'm guessing Brit will see the block for the 4th time.  She better pray she can win another POV, otherwise she's going to jury this week.

I actually really like Ky, but trying to listen to him stragetize.....I get about 1/4 of what he is actually trying to convey.  I have zero idea what his idea is right now, but it SEEMS like Claire is his target.  I think?  I read that Tiff is apparently feeling a certain type of way that Ky didn't throw the HOH to her (They were the last two left) and she's pissed he's HOH because SB is safe.  Tiff? I want to like you, but you're talking your way RIGHT out of this house.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 9

Ky just told Deref his order for the his target this week is:  1) Claire, 2) Alyssa, 3) Britini - but I think Britini is actually ahead of Alyssa.  He said 2) Britini, then corrected himself and said 2) Alyssa, 3) Britini - I think because he realized he was talking to Deref and Deref would be upset about Britini being a secondary target this week.  

Ky is telling Deref that he's not worried about Derex or SB winning HOH next week because "I can control them."  Interestingly, SB might become a target this week if things change.  Oh, and Tiff won't be in his ear this week at all.  Wow.  Ky is, 100%, using both Derex and SB.  

You know, targeting Claire is going to put a huge target on Ky's back.  I don't see Tiff forgiving him if he targets her pawn this week and she'll gun hard for him if she manages to win HOH next week.

ETA - and now we have kittens!  Hmph, BB.  Bring back our feeds!

Edited by HighQueenEB
21 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, no, it's not that Britini didn't come to her, it's that Deref and Azah came WITH her and Tiff didn't want to talk to Brit with the rest of the Jokers there to prevent any vote-flipping hair-flipping.  And Tiff feels badly that she didn't handle approaching Brit better earlier in the day, but it wasn't just the Jokers that screwed this up but also ChrisAlys as soon as Tiff hinted that she was considering a hair flip went to retrieve Brit to get her on board with the plan.  But, now that the others know she was trying to flip the vote hair, Tiff realizes that it screws all of their games to go against Derex's HOH wishes because it makes them targets for that half of the house.  

Ultimately, though, even though they're both going to think on it some more and there's still plenty of time between now and tomorrow, it's a "no" to Christian.  And Tiff is out and back in the wave room talking to the camera. "I had a good strategy, I was gonna flip this house hair. Don't you wanna see the house hair flip?!"  And Claire enters. 

I had fun reading posts about the flip and inserting 'hair" in my mind, so I thought I would do kind of a mad libs and post an example.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

You know, targeting Claire is going to put a huge target on Ky's back.  I don't see Tiff forgiving him if he targets her pawn this week and she'll gun hard for him if she manages to win HOH next week.

ETA - and now we have kittens!  Hmph, BB.  Bring back our feeds!

I thought at different points Tiffany wanted Claire to go home? I can't keep track of Tiffany. 

Just now, choclatechip45 said:

I thought at different points Tiffany wanted Claire to go home? I can't keep track of Tiffany. 

She does, but I don't think she wants Claire to go THIS early. I know she'd be first juror, but she still needs her as a number for a few more weeks.

I'm not thrilled with Claire being the target, but I understand completely why she is.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I think it is also sort of "I want Claire to go home when I say she goes home, not when you say she goes home."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Why do people like Claire? She's just Tiffany's minion.

Because Claire is the Normal Everyday Fan that is playing Big Brother. She represents the average viewer, she's friendly, she's funny. Sure, she's Tiffany's minion. She's also fun to watch on the feeds and isn't scandalous.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Because Claire is the Normal Everyday Fan that is playing Big Brother. She represents the average viewer, she's friendly, she's funny. Sure, she's Tiffany's minion. She's also fun to watch on the feeds and isn't scandalous.

I feel like Derex is that role. He doesn't get much about the game but he's fun and funny and that's enough for me.

• Love 7
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

I feel like Derex is that role. He doesn't get much about the game but he's fun and funny and that's enough for me.

Derex is a recruit lol. He has never seen an episode. He sent in selfies as his family photos for his HOH.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, choclatechip45 said:

Derex is a recruit lol. He has never seen an episode. He sent in selfies as his family photos for his HOH.

He's seen 2 seasons. He said that to the cams. Now, they were probably the 2 seasons given to him in sequester (so BB16 and BB22 probably because Grodner hates fun) but still lol.

• LOL 2

It's interesting.  Usually this time of the season I'm tied up in knots over who will win HOH.  And the past few seasons it's been maybe 2 I wanted, and the rest would suck.  Today, I thought about it and the only two I would not enjoy is Alyssa (for the weeklong "REVENGE FOR CHRISTIAN" nonsense) and Derek F, because he's keeps telling me how he'd go off if he won HOH, and I'm not quite ready for that experience.

Everyone else? I mostly like, although in different degrees.  They all irritate me at times (but hell, so does everyone, including my family).  But I think they're all basically likable, decent people.  Hell, I would even apply that to Alyssa/Derek F.

I've really enjoyed Claire on the feeds, and don't want to see her go.  But I'll mostly be kind of bummed to see pretty much anyone go.  And that's not a bad problem to have.

But Tiff seriously needs to get a fucking grip.  And I say that with love.  

• Love 13
Just now, Katesus7 said:

It's interesting.  Usually this time of the season I'm tied up in knots over who will win HOH.  And the past few seasons it's been maybe 2 I wanted, and the rest would suck.  Today, I thought about it and the only two I would not enjoy is Alyssa (for the weeklong "REVENGE FOR CHRISTIAN" nonsense) and Derek F, because he's keeps telling me how he'd go off if he won HOH, and I'm not quite ready for that experience.

Everyone else? I mostly like, although in different degrees.  They all irritate me at times (but hell, so does everyone, including my family).  But I think they're all basically likable, decent people.  Hell, I would even apply that to Alyssa/Derek F.

I've really enjoyed Claire on the feeds, and don't want to see her go.  But I'll mostly be kind of bummed to see pretty much anyone go.  And that's not a bad problem to have.

Yeah these people have their quirks and their ways that they're irritating and sometimes they suck, but in a normal way. I don't think anyone in the cast is a bad person, and I always feel bad for the doomed HG that week, and that's a good problem to have.

So it sounds like the noms are Claire and Brit. X just insisted on Alyssa's safety.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The men really want their woman to stay, don’t they? LOL!!!! There is so much drama with the HOH that I forgot they even had to play it. I was just getting over the power rules and then I was watching RHAP and they mentioned he HOH winner. I totally forgot. There is so much going on this season. It’s crazy! LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I hope Deref gets HOH his HOHitis will be worse than Frenchie's. 

I want it so much now. His HOH would be INSANE. I would expect him to have them fashion one of those thrones where people lift him everywhere.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

You think she needs to get a grip at the moment?  Imagine how off the hook she'll be when Claire is put up as a nom.  

Is Ky savvy enough to attempt a BD of Claire?

@peachmangosteen - did my part and cast my votes for Claire!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

The audience skews pretty heavily towards the white female demographic. Claire is that demo. She's basically the avatar for the audience to project themselves onto. She's fun but not mean. She's vegan but she doesn't pitch a fit about bacon. She's friendly but not showmance-y. She's me. She's the 18 year old who flipped over to watch Love Island a little early. She's the 45 year old mom of 2 who "20 years and a husband ago, that could be me". She's just "normal" and "regular".

In a way, Claire is like Bella from Twilight - or any other protagonist that's interesting enough to care about but boring and bland enough that you can superimpose your own image over them. And in no way do I think that's every Claire fan but I think that's why such a normal person who isn't an IG model and isn't a "character" but is still heavy on the good side of the good/evil scale is so popular with the audience despite not doing much. She's a stand-in for "us".

(I actually wanted to make some parallels between popular fan media and Big Brother and just stanning in general but my pizza finally arrived and I'm hungry. Just imagine a dissertation here that talks about general wish fulfillment, stan armies, parasocial relationships, and MCU fan fiction. I promise it all made sense when I was working it out in my head.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The audience skews pretty heavily towards the white female demographic. Claire is that demo. She's basically the avatar for the audience to project themselves onto. She's fun but not mean. She's vegan but she doesn't pitch a fit about bacon. She's friendly but not showmance-y. She's me. She's the 18 year old who flipped over to watch Love Island a little early. She's the 45 year old mom of 2 who "20 years and a husband ago, that could be me". She's just "normal" and "regular".

In a way, Claire is like Bella from Twilight - or any other protagonist that's interesting enough to care about but boring and bland enough that you can superimpose your own image over them. And in no way do I think that's every Claire fan but I think that's why such a normal person who isn't an IG model and isn't a "character" but is still heavy on the good side of the good/evil scale is so popular with the audience despite not doing much. She's a stand-in for "us".

(I actually wanted to make some parallels between popular fan media and Big Brother and just stanning in general but my pizza finally arrived and I'm hungry. Just imagine a dissertation here that talks about general wish fulfillment, stan armies, parasocial relationships, and MCU fan fiction. I promise it all made sense when I was working it out in my head.)

I see that about Claire. I just wish she had better game sense. She's a nice, cool chick but her game seems to consist of "What does Tiffany want?" There's no partnership there. Tiffany doesn't even know Claire's name and calls her Clara.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Why is X wearing nail polish? Whatever. I guess we won’t know how this week plays out due to the powers and POV. That’s a lot to get done this week. Who knows what will finally happen later in the week. It sounds like everyone (slight exaggeration) wants Claire to get the $100BB. I’m not against it but I think Derek X would be the top vote getter, right? I hope they have a leaderboard on the tv for the HG to see. It will put some HG on notice.  

1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Alyssa already has her hand on X's leg. She moves fast.

X had his arm around her when Julie was reading the rules for the new twist.

42 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I actually wanted those two to win HOH for those exact reasons.

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why is X wearing nail polish? Whatever. 

Probably because Alyssa wanted to paint his nails and he can't say 'No' to her. Christian was wearing the same nail polish too.

14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why is X wearing nail polish? Whatever.

Alyssa did her, Christian, and Xavier's nails the same colour last night to show their team-ness or something. It's a lovely blue colour. Every season, the dudes gets bored and let the women paint their nails if they don't do it themselves in a fit of boredom.

29 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I see that about Claire. I just wish she had better game sense. She's a nice, cool chick but her game seems to consist of "What does Tiffany want?" There's no partnership there. Tiffany doesn't even know Claire's name and calls her Clara.

I mean, at least Carla is closer to Claire than Beth was to Holly. See also: Veronica/Victoria.

ETA: Carla is the fat twin. Claire is the skinny twin.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4

Oh, well, now...  Tiff is chatting with Ky and has ZERO problem with Claire going up.  LOL.  I thought she'd be far more pressed about Claire going up than she is.  She truly has no problem sacrificing her pawn now that they're all safely to jury.  

8 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, well, now...  Tiff is chatting with Ky and has ZERO problem with Claire going up.  LOL.  I thought she'd be far more pressed about Claire going up than she is.  She truly has no problem sacrificing her pawn now that they're all safely to jury.  

Tiff really changes her targets minute by minute. When she turns on Hannah is when I will officially die. 

• Love 2

Alyssa living her best life now that Christian is out. Talking with X, Hannah, Derex, Brit, SB and Claire and admitting to the whole showmance, including joking about their “name” and I think she must be so happy he is gone and it’s no longer going to be a thing, and I like her so much right now. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Alyssa living her best life now that Christian is out. Talking with X, Hannah, Derex, Brit, SB and Claire and admitting to the whole showmance, including joking about their “name” and I think she must be so happy he is gone and it’s no longer going to be a thing, and I like her so much right now. 

I’m sure she liked him and all but it (he) was limiting her game. Now, she gets to mingle with the girls and the guys. It sounds like she’s safe for a week so she might like to relax and enjoy this week away from Christian. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’m sure she liked him and all but it (he) was limiting her game. Now, she gets to mingle with the girls and the guys. It sounds like she’s safe for a week so she might like to relax and enjoy this week away from Christian. 

Yes, he was limiting her game.  She spent the last two weeks babysitting him and doing his thinking for him.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Yes, he was limiting her game.  She spent the last two weeks babysitting him and doing his thinking for him.

Yes. She was working hard for him this week. In fact, RHAP even mentioned they didn’t show any of the work that Alyssa put in for Christian on the broadcast show tonight. Of course, she wasn’t on the block so I can understand why the focus wouldn’t be on her. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Sorry if this has been previously addressed but have the other HGs asked Derek F about his prominent Frazier tattoo and how is he explaining it?

I just thought everyone assumed or he told them. I’m from Philadelphia and I totally forgot that was his claim to fame. So I couldn’t say one way or the other if it’s been mentioned officially or not. 

• Love 1