Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

S05•E07 - Rendition

It’s Noelle Williams from Rookie Blue!

The lack of security for a Chechen mob boss is ridiculous. It’s that easy to confront him face-to-face, huh. Come on. 🙄

Bye bye Corey, won’t miss you.

Overall, this is a boring episode.

• Like 2

I didn't love this episode either although I am thrilled to see Corey exit. 

I did like the senior agent who was helping them. I hope that she turns up again. 

Still waiting for Hana's roommate to make a return appearance and wreak havoc. 

• Like 1

I liked this episode.   Gangster kills a dude thinking it was the guy who murdered his wife only ten years down the line when released to find out that wasn’t the case.   That he killed a man on the orders of his boss who was actually responsible and now is trying to frame his son.  

it’s a bit convoluted but still in a way that makes sense and keeps the story interesting,   The whole reason the team got involved was a cop killing thinking the son was somehow involved when he might have been the only innocent person in the whole story.  (Well except for the four cops who died early who were just redshirts).  

• Like 3

The scenes of Tuscany were gorgeous.  I was there last year and loved seeing many of the same scenes including the otherworldly beauty of the village of San Gimignano.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:20 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Overall, this is a boring episode.

A really boring episode!

The Corey subplot was hackneyed and unimaginative.   Plus, his drastic personality change from depressed couch-surfing loser to "I talked to my dean today" after a single Remy pep talk was wholly unrealistic.

I binged these 7 episodes over the last couple days.  Bobby Donnell doesn't have the chops to be the main character of this show.   When he tries to act tough, or (groan) growls, "Let's get it," it comes off as pastiche.  He also has a strong reliance on cliches.

I don't like the way he talks about Isobel, either.    "Isobel's all the way up my ass" he says to his team, and "tell Isobel to double the reward, this is freaking ridiculous."  She's a woman and she's his superior.   His disrespect towards her in front of the team -- which has a female majority -- sends the message that he resents Isobel's authority, recognizes it only grudgingly, and that team members should regard him as the more legitimate leader.   I would love to see Isobel take him down a few notches.

On the bright side, we now have Nina.  Hope she gets more of the spotlight in the future.   I like that they haven't made her motherhood an issue (yet) and or let it get in the way of her job.   I like Nina.  She makes me think of a mature, world-weary Supergirl.  I don't know what she sees in that stiff Scola.

Have they forgotten Chekhov's roommate?  Or will that pending disaster rear its head towards the finale?

• Like 3

Flagship show FBI has been handed a three season renewal, which will encompass seasons seven through nine. FBI: Most Wanted comes back for its sixth season and FBI: International has been renewed for its fourth season. All three will air in the 2024/25 season.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Pretty good episode last night - I liked the manhunt and how they took down the drug suppliers. It was pretty shocking when they found the kids passed out in the room. Remy was appropriately disgusted with those scumbags. I wondered when we would see Nina/Scola at home, Nina was the only one who we hadn’t seen at home yet this year, I was glad we saw them briefly and I sense a lot more romantic chemistry between Nina/Scola now than I did at the start of their relationship. 

• Like 4

S05•E08 - Supply Chain

Little Dougie is adorable! 🥰

This is a much better episode than the other 2 FBIs. No one is going rogue or acting high and mighty.

Is there any evidence that Parnell’s mom is aware of the hidden fentanyl? They treat her like she’s guilty as hell. She’s almost died too.

I laugh at Remy’s attempt to impersonate Kelli’s husband. He’s so OTT, it’s almost unbelievable. 😆

On a shallow note, Nina Chase must be the most stylish FBI agent in the franchise. No one dresses like her. Style over comfort.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Was disappointed that they diminished Nina with the obligatory absent-mother guilt subplot, an angle that has been done to death on other shows including but not limited to Everybody Loves Raymond.   Worse, the writers make Nina:  1. conclude that Scola was correct in being a dick to her, 2. clean out the closet, and 3. reward the dick with sex.

(edited)

Nina had indeed gone overboard.  3 strollers???!  Color coded notes in every room about everything.   Scola was right  to call her on it -  she escalated the argument just as he did.  It’s the reality of life that people argue sometimes. At least they had an intelligent calm conversation about it afterward.  And yes, new parents have make up sex. 

However I will also agree that I have seen nothing that implies Nina isn’t a great mother.  Nor anything that says Scola is not a great father.  Just two tired people trying to manage life. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6

Strong episode tonight - interesting case what initially appeared to be an ordinary art robbery turning out to be masterminded by the warlord to sell for weapons - good storyline and I liked how the team put all the pieces together and tracked them down. Good case and good role for each team member. The personal subplot with Ray was fine and I like Ray Sr, father and son have nice rapport. I did wonder why no one was following the art dealer guy who wound up dead with his thumb cut off, they suspected he might be involved so it seemed like they would have someone on him? I suspected Alicia from the museum of being involved but I didn’t know how it would play out. 
This show has consistently good cases and I like each team member. 

• Like 7

S05•E09 - The Return

Again this week, FBI MW has a better case than the other 2 shows - art heist, repatriation, war criminal, non preachy cultural & racial issues.

For an educated person, Alicia is really stupid. She foolishly trusts Bankole and is easily smitten with Adisa. Background checks and DNA test be damned. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don’t really care about Ray/Cora relationship stuff, it’s boring. But it’s nice seeing Ray Sr. again.

When confronting Bankole and while aiming his gun at him, Ray has tears in his eyes. Why? Is it rage? 🤔   

7BD87879-2536-495B-8DA9-FF686B6B44C9.jpeg

• Like 1
On 4/18/2024 at 12:59 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

For an educated person, Alicia is really stupid.

And mixed up, the way she switched back and forth between accents depending on who she was with.   I wish she could have seen with her own eyes that Adisa was planning to kill her. 

Funny to see Kevin Kilner (Dax) after all these years.  I think the last time I saw him he played the big-nosed father of Roz's boyfriend in Frasier, and before that he starred in the first season of Earth Final Conflict.   That seems like a lifetime ago.  

Nice upbeat ending.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Ray is growing on me. I think giving him a father and a personal story helped.  Now if we could just replace Remy. 

I like Ray very much and am super happy for his engagement.  I was going to be livid if something happened to Ray prior to him proposing (as so many shows do for heightened agony).  And I really, really like Ray's dad so it was great to see him again.  Their scenes were very sweet together -- giving Ray his mom's ring and her loving words in the note, and then at the beautiful bridge after the proposal.  

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I like Ray very much and am super happy for his engagement.  I was going to be livid if something happened to Ray prior to him proposing (as so many shows do for heightened agony).  And I really, really like Ray's dad so it was great to see him again.  Their scenes were very sweet together -- giving Ray his mom's ring and her loving words in the note, and then at the beautiful bridge after the proposal.  

I like Ray now too - his personality has been fleshed out a bit with the addition of the father, girlfriend and her son. I like him more than his predecessor. 

Interesting that all discussion of Barnes' marriage and particularly Hana's roommate has ceased. 

• Like 3

Lol at the last line of the episode after the proposal:  You can see the bridge.

I guess you can.

It's 10 feet away and it's humongous.

• LOL 3
On 4/17/2024 at 12:35 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Strong episode tonight - interesting case what initially appeared to be an ordinary art robbery turning out to be masterminded by the warlord to sell for weapons - good storyline and I liked how the team put all the pieces together and tracked them down. Good case and good role for each team member. The personal subplot with Ray was fine and I like Ray Sr, father and son have nice rapport. I did wonder why no one was following the art dealer guy who wound up dead with his thumb cut off, they suspected he might be involved so it seemed like they would have someone on him? I suspected Alicia from the museum of being involved but I didn’t know how it would play out. 
This show has consistently good cases and I like each team member. 

On 4/19/2024 at 3:48 AM, millennium said:

And mixed up, the way she switched back and forth between accents depending on who she was with.   I wish she could have seen with her own eyes that Adisa was planning to kill her. 

Funny to see Kevin Kilner (Dax) after all these years.  I think the last time I saw him he played the big-nosed father of Roz's boyfriend in Frasier, and before that he starred in the first season of Earth Final Conflict.   That seems like a lifetime ago.  

Nice upbeat ending.

Guess Alicia has forgotten about the nice life she has led all these years in the USA with her adoptive parents.

• Like 1
On 4/19/2024 at 5:09 PM, LisaM said:

I like Ray now too - his personality has been fleshed out a bit with the addition of the father, girlfriend and her son. I like him more than his predecessor. 

Interesting that all discussion of Barnes' marriage and particularly Hana's roommate has ceased. 

I’m sure those characters will get personal subplots before too long - one thing I like about this current team is that the personal subplots are split pretty evenly amongst the 5, and they all work well together as a team. While I liked Jess, it seemed like when he was on he got the vast majority of personal subplots and all of the drama with his kid got tiresome. Now the show seems to split screen time more evenly and one character doesn’t hog the spotlight, I kind of felt like Jess did at the start of the show. 

• Like 2
(edited)

I liked the episode, but come on, they are down to the wire on the execution--don't you think even the most hardline governor would have granted a stay while they tracked down the crazy murderer who was suddenly running around the country?  But no problem, time will stretch out so in less than one minute they can find the missing DNA and test it.  Also, they should have at least paused the execution because they weren't carrying it out properly.  It's a good way to make an anti death penalty argument on TV, but it was ridiculous.

They never made the connection of the amputee fetish out loud to the group.  Only for us viewers.

At least Remy got to hook up with the hot lawyer.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3

So, Hana's roommate turned out to be a non story?  That could've been an interesting future episode.  I wonder if they changed their minds about the roommate and went a different direction?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, rr2911 said:

So, Hana's roommate turned out to be a non story?  That could've been an interesting future episode.  I wonder if they changed their minds about the roommate and went a different direction?

Clearly the new story will be the air marshal. Right?

• Like 6

Another strong episode - this show has great cases. This was one of their most intense episodes ever with the race against the clock to save the innocent man, and while there were some flaws, particularly with how fast the DNA tests were coming back IMO, it was a strong episode and I liked how Hana found the evidence at the killer’s house that sealed it - I agree that any governor would grant a stay of execution given that there was a killer on the loose and evidence tying him to the double murder in Missouri, but it was a very satisfying episode to watch play out. I liked Remy’s passionate plea to the governor, and I definitely think the situation with how an innocent man went to jail for Remy’s brother’s murder was weighing on him throughout the episode, even though it was never mentioned explicitly. It was a gripping episode. 
I’m also surprised about Hana’s roommate being gone already and being a non story, I was certain she would come back in the picture. I wonder if Remy will start a relationship with the lawyer now, they did have nice rapport, but with the lawyer being in Missouri who knows if a long distance relationship would work out. 
This show has the strongest cases of the 3 FBIs IMO, and I like each of the characters as well. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, meet trouble said:

Clearly the new story will be the air marshal. Right?

Yep!  Bummer!  One the reasons I like FBIMW is because they didn't dwell in the personal lives of the characters too much.  You can turn to any cop show almost all the plots are relationships and personal issues.  I hope this show doesn't go that direction. 

As for Hanna, I'm already thinking the guy she met has a dark past. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Yep!  Bummer!  One the reasons I like FBIMW is because they didn't dwell in the personal lives of the characters too much.  You can turn to any cop show almost all the plots are relationships and personal issues.  I hope this show doesn't go that direction. 

As for Hanna, I'm already thinking the guy she met has a dark past. 

I like how MW focuses mostly on the cases and has the least amount of personal stuff in the FBI franchise I feel like, and they have the most compelling cases of the 3 shows as well IMO. And I like how the minor personal subplots on MW are spread out pretty evenly amongst the team and one character doesn’t hog the spotlight or bring a constant amount of soapy drama to the show - while I thought Jess was a likable character usually, I got very sick of his kid when he was the lead and it seemed like his personal life got a lot of screen time especially at the start of the show. With Remy it feels like the characters split screen time more evenly - I know some people dislike Remy, probably due to the actor and his previous role as the super villain on another Dick Wolf show, but I like what he brings to the team and I like how the current team gels together, and how no one hogs the spotlight - we’ve seen glimpses into each character’s life, but the cases are the main focus.      
I’m not sure whether will see the guy Hana met again or not, because I was certain there would be some plot with her new roommate but she vanished, so who knows. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m not sure whether will see the guy Hana met again or not, because I was certain there would be some plot with her new roommate but she vanished, so who knows. 

I thought it was out of character for Hana the way her convo with the passenger (air marshal?) went on the plane. She seems to be a savvy/street-smart person, yet this is the second time we've seen her putting herself in a vulnerable position.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, preeya said:

I thought it was out of character for Hana the wayher convo with the passenger (air marshal?) went on the plane. She seems to be a savvy/street-smart person, yet this is the second time we've seen her putting herself in a vulnerable position.

Maybe the air marshal is up to no good?

S05•E10 - Bonne Terre

Another compelling COTW from FBI MW. The part about acrotomophilia is interesting. Mrs. Rowan must be thinking what she has is true love when it’s a fetish for amputees.

One minor complaint - the bits surrounding the execution of the death penalty and the efforts to stop it are overly dramatized.

Remy flirting with lawyer Abby while others are busy digging up a body is just weird and insensitive.

So, they aren’t going forward with the new roommate arc. I don’t understand what Hana sees in Ethan. He isn’t good looking, he isn’t charming either. The actor who plays Ethan has always played a bad guy. Watch out, Hana‼️

• Like 3
On 4/24/2024 at 8:55 AM, rr2911 said:

I think they're making it up as they go along.   Kristen Gaines might agree.

Remy's kind of a slut.  He propositions his therapist, hooks up in a no-tell motel with a lawyer coming off an emotional win, and then there's the aforementioned Ms. Gaines, who is rumored to have left the team after a fling with Remy.  No qualms about mixing pleasure with business on Remy's watch.

19 hours ago, millennium said:

I think they're making it up as they go along.   Kristen Gaines might agree.

Remy's kind of a slut.  He propositions his therapist, hooks up in a no-tell motel with a lawyer coming off an emotional win, and then there's the aforementioned Ms. Gaines, who is rumored to have left the team after a fling with Remy.  No qualms about mixing pleasure with business on Remy's watch.

Remy is definitely a player, I wonder if he’ll have an ongoing relationship with the lawyer or if she’ll be mentioned again. His propositioning his therapist was just a joke though because he was annoyed with his therapist telling him all his relationships were transactional. And I wondered why they hinted at Kristin/Remy possibly having a fling, that seemed kind of odd since nothing was hinted about it when Kristin was actually on the show. But Remy being a player kind of makes him interesting IMO since it’s unusual for a lead character to have no issues mixing business with pleasure. I know he’s polarizing but I like Remy and the charisma he brings to the show, and I like the way the current team gels - I think this show has really hit its stride right now. 

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

And I wondered why they hinted at Kristin/Remy possibly having a fling, that seemed kind of odd since nothing was hinted about it when Kristin was actually on the show.

From what I have read, there was a lot of oddness attached to letting Alexa Davalos go.   They informed her she would not be invited back before she had filmed her final scene.   No reason was given, though she has said it was an amicable parting of the ways.  

• Useful 2

Glad they dropped Hana's new roomie.  Hope she doesn't come back.

I thought the family of the dead girl was going to shoot the guy after his execution was called off.  Glad they didn't go that route.

I'm fine with Remy, but could do without watching his therapy sessions.  Actually, I'm fine with never seeing any of the characters' personal lives. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had no issue with Remy hooking up with that lawyer in Missouri - you could see that coming from a mile away. What I like about Remy is that he likes age appropriate and strong women. That judge he dated who broke up with him was similar in that way. Not all men in their late 50s/early 60s want to date women 20-30 years younger than them. It's like how people freak out that Keanu Reeves is dating a woman who keeps her gray hair. She's age appropriate but she's still younger than he is! 

I don't know much about air marshals but if he was off duty would he still be allowed to openly carry his weapon? I didn't understand why Hana was flying commercial - didn't they use the FBI jet to get to Missouri? 

• Like 3

Another strong episode tonight - a compelling case, I figured that it was someone with a personal grudge against that precinct that was doing the shootings, but it was still compelling to watch play out. I did wonder though what did the bully cop have against the perp’s son? Why did he get on his bad side in the first place? That wasn’t explained, was the guy just an abusive boss on a power trip who got off on bullying the people under his command, or was there something about the perp’s son that got him singled out? Regardless it was kind of satisfying in a twisted way to watch the perp force the two scummy cops to fight, and I was glad Remy had the one who survived arrested, hopefully he would go to jail for his role in driving the son to suicide.     
Barnes getting shot made the episode more intense, although I knew she would survive, and I liked the scenes between Remy and Barnes, I like how their relationship has grown. So I wonder if Barnes will end up getting divorced or not? 
Good investigation and a compelling case. This show is the best of the 3 FBIs IMO, really strong cases and a good team.

• Like 3

Did Barnes and her partner adopt the 2 kids?  I thought that one of them had a baby but that girl was maybe 10 or 11 years old?  

The episode was good.  I do hope Barnes gives her partner the divorce.  I think her partner has moved on and not even being shot will save the marriage. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that Barnes and her wife will be divorcing.  It also looked like Barnes was agreeing to let her take the kids to Washington with her as well.

• Like 2

Really Nina you went off on a fellow officer. Know you are a mom and have a point. But the officers were wanting and waiting for backup. As sure a mom sadly and tragically gotten killed. 

Yes those two officers should had gone on in and prevented that. But you never know as nothing is routine. Just wished Nina would understand where that officer was coming from.

• Like 4

S05•E11 - Radio Silence

Aldo Beltran being a big bully at work because he thinks he’s untouchable.

Nina losing her cool with one of the NYPD Officer is totally uncalled for. With recent attacks, aren’t they supposed to wait for the backups before responding to a call?

Sheryll, it’s time to let Charlotte go. She is not into you anymore. Forcing or manipulating her to stay will make it worst as she will resent you. Plus, you know she’s full of BS when she says she will have stable hours with her new job. A lawyer in DC? Let’s be real. 🙄

• Like 3

Another stellar episode - really good case about the woman killing for the mob in exchange for information allowing her to get to the scummy casino owner who killed her dad - a lot of players in the case but it flowed well from start to finish. Good work from each agent, and good twists and turns in the case. This show has the best cases of the 3 FBI shows. 
I figured the guy Hana met on the plane would pop back up, but I’m not sure where they’re going with him. 

• Like 5
On 5/9/2024 at 2:40 AM, Snazzy Daisy said:

S05•E11 - Radio Silence

Aldo Beltran being a big bully at work because he thinks he’s untouchable.

Nina losing her cool with one of the NYPD Officer is totally uncalled for. With recent attacks, aren’t they supposed to wait for the backups before responding to a call?

Sheryll, it’s time to let Charlotte go. She is not into you anymore. Forcing or manipulating her to stay will make it worst as she will resent you. Plus, you know she’s full of BS when she says she will have stable hours with her new job. A lawyer in DC? Let’s be real. 🙄

Yeah I didn't like Nina putting blame on that officer and why her and not her partner who was the one that was more hesitant to go inside. 

• Like 3

I so hope that Hana's new friend is on the up and up. She deserves some happiness. Have to admit that I cringed each time that he was on the screen. 

Good episode. 

• Like 5

S05•E12 - Derby Day

Michael Nouri in the house‼️

It’s a good, multilayered COTW. Alice is more determined and vengeful than she appears to be. Of course her motive is way more personal than what she has told her dumb “boyfriend”.

I want Hana to have someone and be happy but I get weird vibes from this Ethan guy. Hana should introduce him to Remy so Remy can read him. Not everything about Ethan is sus though. His dog - Milo is freakin’ adorable! 😍  

68DEFDE0-7FA4-4DDA-906E-9F33BD3333BC.jpeg

• Like 4

I'm going to be in the minority here but I hope Hana's friend is shady.  I like that MW doesn't really go into personal relationships that much.  There to many shows that do that.  I like the crime of the week.  It's ok for us to know that the agents have relationships but not to the point of turning it into Days of Our Lives!