Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

On 5/19/2023 at 9:40 AM, RedHawk said:

I'm tired of this show ignoring character history.

And not coming up with something original for Carrie.  In the series it kinda made sense for her to go back to Aidan the first time.  She had hurt him deeply and wanted to make up for that.  Of course she hurt him again but I digress.  Their meeting in the second movie was pure plot contrivance.  The real differences between Carrie and Aidan are still going to be there 20 years later.  I don't think the writers are capable of creating a new character for Carrie.   I mean look at the new character they created for Miranda. 

• Like 6
On 5/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, RedHawk said:

Yes, I'd love a mention of Trey. NYC is a big city but can be a small town if you're in certain circles. Charlotte bumping into him wouldn't be impossible, would love to see them chat over coffee, as former spouses sometimes do. They didn't hate each other. Or like my old boyfriend and I (broke up 20 years ago) exchange e-mails occasionally.

Yeah I know what you mean. I could see Trey being married now, to a childfree woman or a woman with adult children. I could see Charlotte being very happy he’s doing well because if she hadn’t divorced him she wouldn’t have met Harry and have her girls. 

• Like 9
On 5/29/2023 at 2:07 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I could see Trey being married now, to a childfree woman or a woman with adult children. I could see Charlotte being very happy he’s doing well because if she hadn’t divorced him she wouldn’t have met Harry and have her girls. 

Yeah Charlotte got her happily ever after with a wonderful man, and I’m sure she’d want Trey to be happy too. 

• Like 6

I'd love a Trey update! Trey wasn't the most grateful role (Charlotte's seemingly "perfect" man who then revealed one imperfection after another), but Kyle did a great job with him. I've loved him ever since Blue Velvet. Recently, he was even a bright spot of the dull Lucky Hank with Bob Odenkirk on AMC.

Here he is reminiscing about his SATC experience, starting at 13:38. But the whole video is hilarious, especially the Showgirls part.  

• Like 2
On 6/1/2023 at 8:47 AM, luna1122again said:

I adore Kyle M and I always liked Trey. He wasn't good husband material, after all, but he did try. And he was so handsome. I always hoped he found happiness after Charlotte. I'd love to see him again. 

He was such a nuanced character--he loved her so much but was just not right for Charlotte. And they tried so hard. The tableau when they pose for the T&C magazine just as their marriage is ending, that brave sort-of smile on Charlotte's face--it kills me. And I love how kind and gracious and brave Trey is during the divorce negotiations when Bunny is trying to bully Charlotte out of the apartment, and Trey sends that awesome "Mother, stop. Just stop. Charlotte was a wonderful wife..." telegram. So proud of him for standing up to Bunny.

This franchise used to have such amazing writers, such excellent character development. I would love to see Trey again.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Kim Cattrall will appear in Season 2 of And Just Like That... Cattrall will make a brief cameo appearance in the Season 2 finale. I am a disappointed that Kim is doing this; I thought she said she was done with the show and had moved on. Of course, people can change their minds... 

5 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Kim Cattrall will appear in Season 2 of And Just Like That... Cattrall will make a brief cameo appearance in the Season 2 finale. I am a disappointed that Kim is doing this; I thought she said she was done with the show and had moved on. Of course, people can change their minds... 

We’re chatting about this over in the Media thread! 😊

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, CeeBeeGee said:

He was such a nuanced character--he loved her so much but was just not right for Charlotte. And they tried so hard. The tableau when they pose for the T&C magazine just as their marriage is ending, that brave sort-of smile on Charlotte's face--it kills me. And I love how kind and gracious and brave Trey is during the divorce negotiations when Bunny is trying to bully Charlotte out of the apartment, and Trey sends that awesome "Mother, stop. Just stop. Charlotte was a wonderful wife..." telegram. So proud of him for standing up to Bunny.

This franchise used to have such amazing writers, such excellent character development. I would love to see Trey again.

I agree that it was beautifully written and a wonderful moment.

However, I remember many people being chagrined that Charlotte thought she had 'earned" her apartment.

She basically manipulated a man that she did not know into marrying her.  She did not look at him as a human being but as the handsome doctor from the well-off family who answered every one of her WASP dreams.

If she had taken the time to know Trey maybe she would have realized that he had a terrible virgin/whore complex when it came to sex.

Or, much more importantly, that he did not have the same desire for children that she did.

In truth, their marriage did not last for a year and Trey was wealthy. He was probably happy to give up the apartment and forget that the marriage debacle ever happened.

Isn't it funny that we can still discuss the excellent writing on the original show but might have already forgotten the terrible writing for And Just Like That?

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Speaking of Trey, I always thought his mom reminded me of those stereotypical, over-bearing Asian moms (watch Crazy Rich Asians if you don't know what I mean), not a stereotypical WASP mother.  I bet that if they re-did SATC with more "diverse" characters, then Charlotte, too, would be Asian.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

Speaking of Trey, I always thought his mom reminded me of those stereotypical, over-bearing Asian moms (watch Crazy Rich Asians if you don't know what I mean), not a stereotypical WASP mother.  I bet that if they re-did SATC with more "diverse" characters, then Charlotte, too, would be Asian.

Bunny was like the WASP version of Ethel Kennedy who was once (brilliantly) described as "more Kennedy than thou." She'd married into a big, well-known family and tried way too hard to fit in and be the quintessential Kennedy. Whereas Jackie remained her authentic self and gained everyone's respect.

Similarly Bunny is over-invested in her identity as a MacDougal--because she wasn't born one and feels she needs to prove herself.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Reading this got me shook when I was looking for a synopsis of s2 e8

"We also know that Carrie and Aidan are going to be rekindling their previous romance, although we’ll have to wait and see if it’s third time lucky for him proposing to Carrie!" - quote Review Geek. link below

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/andjustlikethat-s2e8releasedate/

check out @2:35 -3:35 SJP's  face when Aiden is mentioned + the bit about  Samantha's appearance

"Last week’s all-new episode of And Just Like That saw all of our favorite characters celebrate Valentine’s Day, but one romance in particular really brought the fireworks. After over 20 years apart, Carrie Bradshaw  Sarah Jessica Parker and Aidan Shaw  John Corbett got back together again. Sure, there was a slight hiccup over where exactly the two would hookup once more  with Aidan blanching at the thought of returning to Carrie’s old apartment, the site of so many of their worst moments  but could it be? Is Carrie Bradshaw getting a fairy tale romance all over again? More importantly, what’s next for the recently reunited love birds?"- quote Meghen O'keefe (Decider).  link below

https://decider.com/2023/08/02/and-just-like-that-season-2-episode-8-on-max-release-date/

In this article MPK states " I didn't bring Aiden back to fail."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2023-07-27/and-just-like-that-aidan-carrie

These 4 things had me wondering if Samantha arrives for or gets invited to a wedding?

John Corbett's IMBD has him appearing in eps 7-11. Would they end the season on a cliffhanger, will the wedding of Carrie and Aiden take place? Or will Carrie finally leave her beloved NYC for Va.,  or change her mind about it?

Thoughts? Would they kill off Big and make Carrie single again only to have her get married again to  Aiden? IDK how reliable any of this info is. Items 1 + 3 are written by reviewers who viewed most of the season early.

• Useful 1

Ok, so often we've heard this show described as a "fantasy" and now we're firmly in Fantasyland. I imagine Aidan in Norfolk will be more "farm" than "fashion". Will Carrie really like that? He can't go into her apartment. Carrie is New York and that New York apartment is Carrie. I totally understand and accept his aversion but in reality (no matter how wealthy) if they can't get that sorted out emotionally and stop hotel and apartment hopping they are never going to work.

My speculation is that MPK thinks we viewers want and need Aidan on this show and perhaps in this season's finale there will be a blowup so it ends on a "will they or won't they stay together?"

Carrie will continue to think of Big as "a mistake" and tell everyone that she realizes she was never really herself with him, only playing at being the "wife of Mr. Big" all those years. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

"Kim Cattrall’s cameo is reportedly a single phone call that Samantha has with Carrie. During an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Sarah Jessica Parker shared that “t’s just a really sentimental, funny, sweet moment that is timed perfectly for a specific event that’s happening in Carrie’s life.” (Sounds like it will have something to do either with Carrie’s big move to Gramercy Park or her reunion with Aidan…)-DESIDER

Wondering how Samantha's scene on the phone will tie in.  Carrie might call / face time her for the Last Supper because she'd been there through everything that happened in her old  apartment?

Who will the 15 guests be? One chair reserved for Aiden. Not so much of a guess,  as a promo for ep 11 is up on the internet.

Miranda

Charlotte+Harry

Steve

Che

LTW+Herbert

Lisette

Seema +1

Anthony+1

Is it  Franklyn?(promo states it's someone Nya has met at a hotel bar)

Nya

other podcast guy, Jackie?

• Like 1