Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I do have to wonder that even though Joe is not a party to this lawsuit, if he was the go between for Teresa and the BK Lawyer, if this lawsuit could reveal things he told the Lawyer in confidence because he spoke for both himself AND Teresa.

On a related note, if this lawyer represented both Teresa and Joe, how can Teresa claim malpractice, citing that he never met with her or explained things to her, if Joe was "in charge" of things? That's not malpractice, that's a fairly common marital practice.

• Love 2

The attorney can't sue her for defamation for the lawsuit filing.   There is an absolute immunity for court cases.   In other words, you can say someone is a lying scumsucker ina court filing and they can't sue you for defamation.   There may be other causes of action, but that one is out.  

You can tell your clients until you are blue in the face "don't lie.  Tell the truth.  Don't leave ANYTHING off your asset list."   And the client will get up on the stand and lie their through teeth.    I am quite sure the lawyer told Theresa this and she thought she could get away with lying some more.   Now that has failed like a toothprick bridge with a freight train running over it, she is back to blaming others for her stupidity.

• Love 3

The attorney can't sue her for defamation for the lawsuit filing. There is an absolute immunity for court cases. In other words, you can say someone is a lying scumsucker ina court filing and they can't sue you for defamation. There may be other causes of action, but that one is out.

You can tell your clients until you are blue in the face "don't lie. Tell the truth. Don't leave ANYTHING off your asset list." And the client will get up on the stand and lie their through teeth. I am quite sure the lawyer told Theresa this and she thought she could get away with lying some more. Now that has failed like a toothprick bridge with a freight train running over it, she is back to blaming others for her stupidity.

I need to remember the toothprick bridge and freight train analogy. It's up there with Blinky Boobs and Chuckles the Drunk Driving Clown. Thanks! Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 1

What I love most is the idea that she could make money off what was supposed to be an attempt to declare that they had no money and therefore couldn't pay their debts.  You can try to get rich by what happened when you claimed to be broke- that's kind of awesome, in its way.

But...is nobody thinking of those four beautiful little girls?  I thought they were all concerned with paying lawyers instead of college funds (or music videos, whatever)?  How can they pay more lawyers now?  Seriously, there has to be a point where you call it, get through it, and fix it when you can. 

• Love 1

But...is nobody thinking of those four beautiful little girls?  I thought they were all concerned with paying lawyers instead of college funds (or music videos, whatever)?  How can they pay more lawyers now?  Seriously, there has to be a point where you call it, get through it, and fix it when you can.

I'm sure the new lawyer was hired on a contingency fee, which means he only gets paid if they win, and would get a percentage of the claim.

• Love 3

I thought they were all concerned with paying lawyers instead of college funds (or music videos, whatever)?  How can they pay more lawyers now?  Seriously, there has to be a point where you call it, get through it, and fix it when you can. 

Apparently not for this imbecile of a woman. Teresa can't seem to get it through her thick skull that gig is up and its time to pay. She's going to try and con her way to the very end, even if it ends up biting her in the ass. She's stupider than I thought--and I didn't think much of her to begin with.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

Since I don't watch FOX news, I wouldn't have known they commented on Teresa's lawsuit but I found the link on Yahoo.  They interview a lawyer who explains what he calls the "simple" bankruptcy document she had to fill out listing her assets.   He also thinks her lawsuit is pointless unless she can PROVE that her lawyer told her to omit assets.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/real-housewives-star-james-bond-220918654.html

Thanks for the link-the announcer was totally annoying but the "experts" seemed to be going sown the right track.

Recently Gia, with the blessing of her mother, and her gal pals kicked off a fundraiser for $7,500.00, to finance there next great video.  During the same time Lisa Vanderpump was asked about Teresa and gave the usual-I feel bad for the kids and I support Teresa.  Teresa's fans then turned on Lisa claiming she said she would support Teresa when the kids fundraising goals weren't met.  For anyone who feels bad for Gia-corporate sponsors stepped up and the girls made the video earlier this week. 

I agree with the female expert Teresa has a history of blaming others for her woes and now her fans are reaching out and attacking on her behalf.

It may just be me but I think a $2,500.00, per kid for essentially a vanity video is a bit overindulgent.  If the first video didn't result in a recording contract I am doubtful a second one-filmed in a candy store will result in being discovered.   Time for Teresa and her offspring to stop picking people's pockets. 

ETA-There is part of me that wants to see the corporate sponsorships from companies like "Vinnie's Bail Bonds" ala "Bad News Bears", although I think in "Bad News Bears" it was Chico's Bail Bonds.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I never thought Bravo would give her a cooking show - it's not their forte (Top Chef excepted) , and she couldn't carry it off anyway. I do think that when she's released from prison, and Joe goes in,  Bravo may test the waters and give her a spinoff (a short one sort of like Manzo'd) to see if the interest is still there.  Or, if RHONJ is still on the air (and I think that's a big IF), they may well  bring her back.  Again, if the interest is there. She does have a fan base - but will they still be there in 15 months?

She's not the first HW to call the show a sham, scripted, fake, etc.  I don't think that bothers Andy/Bravo that much.  While he continues to perpetuate the myth that it's "reality", Andy's not stupid- he knows viewers are on to it.  And even if Bravo is  furious - if they sniff ratings gold or even silver, they'll get over it.  He's probably already signed her up for WWHL the instant she's released.

Theresa, in the meantime,  should take a page from Martha Stewart, who went to jail, served her time without publicly whining about it, without drama, and came out and picked up right where she left off.  Teresa, obviously, is not even close to being Martha, but there might be some interest in her if she lays low, stops the dramatics, and does her time quietly.  As it is now, people are quickly tiring of her and her antics.

• Love 2

I never thought Bravo would give her a cooking show - it's not their forte (Top Chef excepted) , and she couldn't carry it off anyway. I do think that when she's released from prison, and Joe goes in,  Bravo may test the waters and give her a spinoff (a short one sort of like Manzo'd) to see if the interest is still there.  Or, if RHONJ is still on the air (and I think that's a big IF), they may well  bring her back.  Again, if the interest is there. She does have a fan base - but will they still be there in 15 months?

She's not the first HW to call the show a sham, scripted, fake, etc.  I don't think that bothers Andy/Bravo that much.  While he continues to perpetuate the myth that it's "reality", Andy's not stupid- he knows viewers are on to it.  And even if Bravo is  furious - if they sniff ratings gold or even silver, they'll get over it.  He's probably already signed her up for WWHL the instant she's released.

Theresa, in the meantime,  should take a page from Martha Stewart, who went to jail, served her time without publicly whining about it, without drama, and came out and picked up right where she left off.  Teresa, obviously, is not even close to being Martha, but there might be some interest in her if she lays low, stops the dramatics, and does her time quietly.  As it is now, people are quickly tiring of her and her antics.

The problem with Teresa is she has no real talent or intelligence.  To continually publicly admit you were unable to fill out the simplest of forms or didn't understand what you were signing only works is you are a teenage starlet or are not hoping to promote a business.

• Love 3

I disagree re: Andy/Bravo and Teresa's diss. It was the very first question he asked her (during the post-sentencing interview), and he even threw out examples to discredit what she said (ie. the table flip). That feels like a pretty petty thing to mention if he didn't care. I also remember him being particularly sensitive to the same accusation when Tamra from the OC explained her bad behavior by saying she was told to give the viewers what they want, and he corrected her by saying she was told to be herself.

I also think that the common assertion that ratings is all they care about is false. (And Teresa being a ratings juggernaut is also questionable, but that's another story). Of course ratings are important, but they're not the only thing that matters. Do we want this show on the network? Do we want this person on the network? Is this person a pain in the neck? What's going on behind the scenes? What do our sponsors think? Etc., etc... Example: Jill Zarin. She was a popular HW (in a love to hate way) but they fired her. Ratings went down significantly, but they supported the new cast, and won't rehire her even though she's desperate to return. Andy even did a one-on-one interview with her that got really high ratings (see it - it's a classic), but it doesn't matter - she's a pain in the neck and they can't stand her.

• Love 3

I disagree re: Andy/Bravo and Teresa's diss. It was the very first question he asked her (during the post-sentencing interview), and he even threw out examples to discredit what she said (ie. the table flip). That feels like a pretty petty thing to mention if he didn't care. I also remember him being particularly sensitive to the same accusation when Tamra from the OC explained her bad behavior by saying she was told to give the viewers what they want, and he corrected her by saying she was told to be herself.

I also think that the common assertion that ratings is all they care about is false. (And Teresa being a ratings juggernaut is also questionable, but that's another story). Of course ratings are important, but they're not the only thing that matters. Do we want this show on the network? Do we want this person on the network? Is this person a pain in the neck? What's going on behind the scenes? What do our sponsors think? Etc., etc... Example: Jill Zarin. She was a popular HW (in a love to hate way) but they fired her. Ratings went down significantly, but they supported the new cast, and won't rehire her even though she's desperate to return. Andy even did a one-on-one interview with her that got really high ratings (see it - it's a classic), but it doesn't matter - she's a pain in the neck and they can't stand her.

I think Andy's downfall will be trying to convince an audience they should like someone i.e. Carole and Heather from NY or Teresa from RHONJ.  They aren't all that likeable and the ratings have proved it.

• Love 1

I think Andy's downfall will be trying to convince an audience they should like someone i.e. Carole and Heather from NY or Teresa from RHONJ.  They aren't all that likeable and the ratings have proved it.

What?! Carole/Heather and Teresa are like apples and oranges, but I guess who we like and dislike are subjective. But as for Andy vis a vis Teresa, I don't see him backing her. In his new book, as well as press interviews on his book tour, he had some pretty unflattering things to say about her. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I don't see him re-hiring her in the future.

• Love 2

As much as I abhor the actions of Teresa and Joe, I do feel that this show is slow without Teresa.  Every other person on the show seems scripted to me, but I've always felt that, with Teresa, I was getting the real deal.  She is so spontaneous that I never know what she'll come out with or do, and that offers me a little suspense or interest in what happens.  No matter her sins, Teresa has always put the "real" in "reality" for me.

I couldn't hazard a guess as to what Bravo, Andy or Teresa are thinking.  The show has been both marvelous and hideous for Teresa.  The fame and the money have been unbelievable, but the lack of privacy during the trial has been a nightmare, I'm sure.  Whether she would ever return to this show or another one, I don't know.  I would imagine that Andy's brain is working overtime, trying to come up with something lucrative using Teresa and her prison time.  No matter what Andy and Teresa think of each other personally, if they can come up with something good, the advertisers will clamor to buy spots on the show, and Andy and Teresa both know the power of the dollar sign.  It's funny how money makes strange bedfellows! 

One thought I had just now:  I wonder how many trees have been cut down in order to provide newspapers and magazines with enough paper to run all the stories about Teresa!

• Love 1

Apparently not for this imbecile of a woman. Teresa can't seem to get it through her thick skull that gig is up and its time to pay. She's going to try and con her way to the very end, even if it ends up biting her in the ass. She's stupider than I thought--and I didn't think much of her to begin with.

Yes, I can't believe her arrogance. It's not JUST stupidity and stubbornness. She really seems to believe completely that you can lie your way out of anything--but if it doesn't work for some reason, you can -still- get out of it by finding someone else to blame.

Either you list all of your assets in a bankruptcy filing or you don't. It's not up to the lawyer to track down all the things you are hiding. I remember when they went through the bankruptcy and the lawyer creatively (and it seems, legally) got them able to keep a lot of things they -had- declared. At no time did I ever feel Teresa wanted to actually pay off their creditors. She wanted to hold onto everything she could, in any way that she could. It is completely easy to imagine her hiding assets (as she recently tried with that "give 'Grandma's' ring to Gia" thing).

She's a crook without a conscience. She has no ethics or integrity toward her creditors (or toward the rest of us who pay for it when people like her default on their obligations). I wish the judge could give her -more- time. I doubt that 15 months will be enough to convince her that, yes, the rules that apply to the rest of us also apply to  her.

• Love 6

Word to your whole post, Padma!!

The Guidices have bothered me for a long time for all the reasons you said.  It was quite evident that she was a "crook without a conscience" for a long time.  It's why I gave Melissa and Joe and her other family members a huge pass during all the shit for those couple of seasons.  I assumed that they all knew what the hell was going on, and it probably drove all of them nuts, especially the denials, arrogance, the stupidity and the stubbornness.  Being around her must make one want to hit their head against a wall or punch her in the face.

I will stand by my thoughts that they should have NEVER EVER been on this show.  The fact that they've been able to benefit from being on the show and make any money off of it is all kinds of wrong to me.  Bravo should have never cast them.  

• Love 7

For some reason, Teresa never bothered me personally. However she is really blowing it with this latest foolishness. Obviously she's still not capable of putting on her big girl panties and taking her medicine. I've always known there's no way she could pay back what she owes, even if she wanted to. However trying to sue your lawyer and continuing to play the nut roll? Not cool.Time is ticking and she's wasting precious time on these hairbrained schemes.

• Love 1

So is she suing for $5 million, or for $15 million? I have read both numbers in different articles.  

http://deadline.com/2014/12/teresa-giudice-lawyer-lawsuit-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-1201311534/

$15 million. She is suing for 3 different things and asking $5 million for each, if she won all of them she will get $15 million total. She is also suing for Attorney and court fees as well so her new lawyer will not get any of the $15 mill.

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/12/03/teresa_giudice-suing-for-15-million-in-lawsuit-against-bankruptcy-attorney-see-documents-rhonj/

Under 30 day mark.  I know when I'm on a diet - 30 days go by quick and then I try for the next 30 days.  Sorry Tre, no do overs.  Oh, prison food.  Mystery meat.  15 months of spa days.  WAKE UP!  I'd be using all that expensive moisturizer all day long, sometimes during the night.  I'd be peeing and think "aw, in private....3 ply, so soft".  Mocha coffee creamer.  Fresh eggs.  Look at this marble shower!  Look at my kitchen!  29 days goes by so fast!!!  With all the nanny and Christmas shopping and all.  Clink Clink.

Maybe those cookies from Melissa weren't so bad.  How much will they be in the clink?  .06 for a dozen.  I was shopping today and just enjoying everything all Christmas, and I thought - sucks for her. 

Should of thought about this 'shit' before you committed your crimes.  Also, she must be busy making video messages to her 4 bootiful dawghters - she's busy now.  Wonder if she opened up her prison packet yet or is she going to declare "I didn't read it.  I didn't know."  And sue the prison.

For me, paying the IRS, filing honest taxes, living within our means, oh, and more payments to the IRS ~ can I drive her myself to Danbury?  It could be like "Peoples Couch" or WWHL  "Tre, Lori from St. Louis wants to know if you are feeling skeevy yet, living in other people's houses?"  Poetic justice.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 5

Who knows if this is true of not, but it's out there

http://www.hngn.com/articles/51287/20141202/rhonj-season-7-delayed-until-2016-when-teresa-giudice-released.htm

"At first, the plan was to rush production and finish taping before Giudice was sent to prison but now producers reportedly want to postpone Season 7 until 2016, when Giudice is released.

"Bravo is very nervous to do the show without Teresa," the source said. "They fear that without her, the show will not be as big of a success."

"They're exploring shelving the season until 2016, when Teresa gets out of prison," the source added. "By having her fresh out of prison, there would be a clear storyline. It would also pull on fans' heartstrings to see the changed Teresa back in the limelight.""

(end of quote from article)

If true, it's interesting, because i guess Bravo realizes no one tuned in for the Marcheses or twins.  I do think some people may have tuned in because of the Guidice notoriety ("who IS this person") but the season was such a mess, I doubt many of those viewers will continue.   MIssed opportunity for Bravo.

Without Teresa (like her or not), there isn't much the show has to offer in its current state.  With Teresa gone, the cast member with the most longevity is Melissa Gorga.  Everyone else is new (except Dina, but she was gone for so long she might as well be), and the viewers have little or no investment in them.

On the other hand, shelving it might not be such a good idea either - time goes by, people forget and lose interest.

And I doubt we'll see a "Changed Teresa". 

Joe's former business partner (and friend) told Radar online yesterday that he was not surprised that they sued their lawyer. He said that's their M.O. for wrong-doing--when they get caught "make the lawyers and accountants the fall guys."

interesting that Joe, who will be serving more time, is so quiet. Also, in Teresa's situation, I'd be a lot more worried about Joe's time in prison than my time in Danbury. Then again, Teresa is apparently more selfish (and more arrogant) than anyone I've ever known personally. What is wrong with her really, psychologically? Something is. I'm guessing it's that she's dumb, entitled, spoiled and dishonest to the core. I don't know why she doesn't "get it" though. She can sue the lawyers, accountants, the state of New Jersey...she's still going to prison.

• Love 3

$15 million. She is suing for 3 different things and asking $5 million for each, if she won all of them she will get $15 million total. She is also suing for Attorney and court fees as well so her new lawyer will not get any of the $15 mill.

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/12/03/teresa_giudice-suing-for-15-million-in-lawsuit-against-bankruptcy-attorney-see-documents-rhonj/

He sued for -at least 5 million. . . how did he breach his contract with Teresa-he represented them for 5 years.

Since I apparently have no life I did look it up when this first came out (at least it didn't take very long). There are basically three reasons to sue for malpractice in a case like this. Which accounts for each $5M she's asking for each in damages. She's suing for all three (of course). It's negligence, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty (very familiar with that one).

The complaints says nothing real specific except that she claims her BK attorney didn't personally meet with her before the original BK was filed (yet she decided to sign it). For each individual complaint, it says the BK attorney should have known he was unqualified to represent her (funny). $5M is for her potential lost wages and loss of business opportunities. Even funnier as I believe she claimed at sentencing (not to mention the previous BK filings) her "numerous" business interests are/were worth nothing.

Maybe even funnier. And add insult to injury for this poor man - is that they never paid their legal bill to him for this debacle.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 1

Since I apparently have no life I did look it up when this first came out (at least it didn't take very long). There are basically three reasons to sue for malpractice in a case like this. Which accounts for each $5M she's asking for each in damages. She's suing for all three (of course). It's negligence, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty (very familiar with that one).

The complaints says nothing real specific except that she claims her BK attorney didn't personally meet with her before the original BK was filed (yet she decided to sign it). For each individual complaint, it says the BK attorney should have known he was unqualified to represent her (funny). $5M is for her potential lost wages and loss of business opportunities. Even funnier as I believe she claimed at sentencing (not to mention the previous BK filings) her "numerous" business interests are/were worth nothing.

Maybe even funnier. And add insult to injury for this poor man - is that they never paid their legal bill to him for this debacle.

He represented them for 5 years and they didn't pay him?  Only the Giudices.  Teresa was complaining long before the criminal charges that she had stiff legal bills. . . hmmm.

The lawyer represented them for 5 years without getting paid?   Not sure Theresa is the only moron here.    Sure you can't just bail on a client, but there are ways to time your getting the hell out that doesn't prejudice your client.

He represented them for 5 years and they didn't pay him?  Only the Giudices.  Teresa was complaining long before the criminal charges that she had stiff legal bills. . . hmmm.

When you read their BK petition, there are several Lawyers listed that they never paid and never will. It is a pattern with Teresa/Joe that will not help her in this lawsuit IMO.

The lawyer represented them for 5 years without getting paid?   Not sure Theresa is the only moron here.    Sure you can't just bail on a client, but there are ways to time your getting the hell out that doesn't prejudice your client.

Did he still represent them even after they withdrew their BK petition? They were forced to withdraw it early on and I am not sure if the BK lawyer could do anything for them after that.

Their lawyer for the BK, I'm almost positive was listed as a creditor on the final BK Trustee statement. I recognized his name. I think Stoopid Housewives has the final list? He wasn't on the original BK filing as they hadn't stiffed him yet. Can't say how much of the total bill they did pay.

The lawyer who represented Juicy in the original lawsuit from his partner definitely wasn't paid. I think he was even in the original BK filing. His name was Testa? Satan should probably come strike me down for knowing this.

I'd like to place $1K that her new lawyer is contingency based. Any takers? I'd bet $100K, but the world is full of stupid people (ie - Teresa's credit risk) and I don't have that kind of money.

• Love 2

When you read their BK petition, there are several Lawyers listed that they never paid and never will. It is a pattern with Teresa/Joe that will not help her in this lawsuit IMO.

Did he still represent them even after they withdrew their BK petition? They were forced to withdraw it early on and I am not sure if the BK lawyer could do anything for them after that.

Here comes Satan again....

Could be totally off base, but they might have needed their BK attorney on record until the BK Trustee finally closed the case in Sept? Even if he wasn't really doing anything at that point.

Forgot to mention the other specific point in Teresa's legal malpractice suit. She apparently wasn't properly prepared for the hearings after the Fed's called bullshit on the BK filings. The ones under oath where she personally denied her assets again, and unfortunately again..

• Love 1

You don't have to have an attorney of record even for bankruptcy.   You would be amazed at the people who file for bankruptcy on their own and screw it up by hiding stuff.   They think they can plead ignorance and inexperience then.   Except the court says -- you chose to go it alone, you are presumed to know what you are doing.  

If the attorney has good cause to withdraw (not being paid is really good cause, judges used to be lawyers who liked being paid too), then a court will usually grant it, unless a hearing is imminent (and even then there are ways). 

Could be totally off base, but they might have needed their BK attorney on record until the BK Trustee finally closed the case in Sept? Even if he wasn't really doing anything at that point.

Forgot to mention the other specific point in Teresa's legal malpractice suit. She apparently wasn't properly prepared for the hearings after the Fed's called bullshit on the BK filings. The ones under oath where she personally denied her assets again, and unfortunately again..

It is a pattern with Teresa/Joe, deny, deflect, deny, deflect. It does not matter who/what they are addressing, a HW, family member, friend, a lawyer, a judge/court or Andy/Bravo/employer, deny, deflect and never admit to the truth! 

• Love 2

That's a good one!

So far Teresa hasn't tried saying "the devil made me do it"........at least not yet.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I agree that there are other reasons why HWs are fired besides how they impact ratings (and the reasons ascribed for ratings changes also have to be speculative, at least in part.) Being extremely difficult to film with - like Sheree on RHOA, Adrienne on RHOBH, Aviva on RHONY, or Jill on RHONY - can lead to being fired as well. But I do think the network has become wary of big casting shake-ups unless there are substantial ratings drops, in response to the relative failure of the new cast on RHONY to produce interest. The last big shake-ups were in 2013 on RHOC and RHONJ, both in response to bad ratings. Apparently Andy considered firing both Nene and Porsha on RHOA, but decided not to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place ratings-wise, even if RHOA is rapidly becoming as stale as the other installments of the franchise and needs a quality overhaul.

I'm not sure what to think about Teresa's return to RHONJ. On one hand, I think they'd like to exploit her post-prison return for financial gain. But, she's left bad blood with Bravo (and NBCUniversal) by saying RHONJ is scripted in court and by being uncooperative with production last season. It could also be argued that, given RHONJ's lousy ratings last season, they'll realize they misjudged Teresa's presence as a guarantor of high ratings. I also think sponsors might be wary of Teresa after her felony conviction. If Teresa isn't asked back for a Season 7 to be filmed in 2016, the question is whether there will a.) be another season of RHONJ and b.) who will be on it. Production costs are low enough that I think Bravo will try and film another season in Teresa's absence, even if they are fearful of low ratings. The whole franchise is not as lucrative as it once was and Bravo probably has reduced expectations, as it is. People have talked about Caroline, Jacqueline, and Kathy returning, but I think that would be a big recipe for boring unless there's an antagonist, like Danielle or Dina. Without an antagonist, the Gorgas, Wakiles, Lauritas, and Manzos together would be little more than a North Jersey Nouveau Riche Variety Hour. I think that prior to Season 6 they planned to gradually move the focus of the show to the Colts' Neck area, but that's probably in doubt because of the failure of Amber and the Twins to attract viewership.

It would be interesting to analyze the correlation between cast turnover and ratings on the HWs franchise. Just looking at the "Timeline" on Wikipedia, I'd say RHOC has had the fastest cast turnover and RHONJ has had the least cast turnover. There was one shift between Seasons 2 and 3 and then a big shift at the end of Season 5. RHONY has had gradual cast turnover, with the exception of the big purge at the end of Season 4. RHOA has had gradual but consistent turnover - subtracting and adding a housewife just about every season - which I'd argue shakes things up without being drastic - and is a big part of its consistent, still-growing success. RHOBH is kind of a weird case, since it's used the "Friend of the Housewife" role more extensively than the other installments. Brandi appeared on Season 2 as a "Friend Of", but had virtually as much screen time as Camille, a full-time HW. In the very over-crowded Season 3, Taylor and Camille were officially still on - as a full-time HW and a FOTH - but were not really there. The big shakeup happened either at the beginning of Season 3 when Brandi became the main force moving the action forward, or between Seasons 3 and 4, when Camille, Taylor, and Adrienne were let go completely and Faye didn't reappear.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

If Teresa isn't asked back for a Season 6 to be filmed in 2015, the question is whether there will a.) be another season of RHONJ and b.) who will be on it.

Teresa will be occupied elsewhere for the entirety of 2015, in case you didn't know! As for who they'll bring back or hire for the next season, I really have no clue, but it definitely won't be inmate #24601.

• Love 3

I agree that there are other reasons why HWs are fired besides how they impact ratings (and the reasons ascribed for ratings changes also have to be speculative, at least in part.) Being extremely difficult to film with - like Sheree on RHOA, Adrienne on RHOBH, Aviva on RHONY, or Jill on RHONY - can lead to being fired as well. But I do think the network has become wary of big casting shake-ups unless there are substantial ratings drops, in response to the relative failure of the new cast on RHONY to produce interest. The last big shake-ups were in 2013 on RHOC and RHONJ, both in response to bad ratings. Apparently Andy considered firing both Nene and Porsha on RHOA, but decided not to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place ratings-wise, even if RHOA is rapidly becoming as stale as the other installments of the franchise and needs a quality overhaul.

I'm not sure what to think about Teresa's return to RHONJ. On one hand, I think they'd like to exploit her post-prison return for financial gain. But, she's left bad blood with Bravo (and NBCUniversal) by saying RHONJ is scripted in court and by being uncooperative with production last season. It could also be argued that, given RHONJ's lousy ratings last season, they'll realize they misjudged Teresa's presence as a guarantor of high ratings. I also think sponsors might be wary of Teresa after her felony conviction. If Teresa isn't asked back for a Season 6 to be filmed in 2015, the question is whether there will a.) be another season of RHONJ and b.) who will be on it. Production costs are low enough that I think Bravo will try and film another season in Teresa's absence, even if they were fearful of low ratings. The whole franchise is not as lucrative as it once was and Bravo probably has reduced expectations, as it is. People have talked about Caroline, Jacqueline, and Kathy returning, but I think that would be a big recipe for boring unless there's an antagonist, like Danielle or Dina. Without an antagonist, the Gorgas, Wakiles, Lauritas, and Manzos together would be little more than a North Jersey Nouveau Riche Variety Hour. I think that prior to Season 6 they planned to gradually move the focus of the show to the Colts' Neck area, but that's probably in doubt because of the failure of Amber and the Twins to attract viewership.

It would be interesting to analyze the correlation between cast turnover and ratings on the HWs franchise. Just looking at the "Timeline" on Wikipedia, I'd say RHOC has had the fastest cast turnover and RHONJ has had the least cast turnover. There was one shift between Seasons 2 and 3 and then a big shift at the end of Season 5. RHONY has had gradual cast turnover, with the exception of the big purge at the end of Season 4. RHOA has had gradual but consistent turnover - subtracting and adding a housewife just about every season - which I'd argue shakes things up without being drastic - and is a big part of its consistent, still-growing success. RHOBH is kind of a weird case, since it's used the "Friend of the Housewife" role more extensively than the other installments. Brandi appeared on Season 2 as a "Friend Of", but had virtually as much screen time as Camille, a full-time HW. In the very over-crowded Season 3, Taylor and Camille were officially still on - as a full-time HW and a FOTH - but were not really there. The big shakeup happened either at the beginning of Season 3 when Brandi became the main force moving the action forward, or between Seasons 3 and 4, when Camille, Taylor, and Adrienne were let go completely and Faye didn't reappear.

The Bravo empire (or Andy Cohen's) crumbling without the contribution of Teresa Giudice I find amusing. Not that's what I think you're saying, and I have limited knowledge about the other RH shows, but I've seen it referred to before. Bravo is almost entirely "reality" TV - they're five (?) other HW shows? I'm not sure if the embarrassment of Teresa is worth it. I could be wrong, certainly have been before.

• Love 1

. She is also suing for Attorney and court fees as well so her new lawyer will not get any of the $15 million.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I haven't read the whole complaint, but if it says she's suing for atty fees, then she's asking the court to order that the lawyer she's suing not only pay her millions for damages, but any atty or court fees attached to filing this new suit as well. And I'm sure the new lawyer took the case on contingency, which means he gets a cut of the so-called "winnings," if the outcome is favorable. But of course it's a risk, since he gets nothing if they lose.

Teresa will be occupied elsewhere for the entirety of 2015, in case you didn't know! As for who they'll bring back or hire for the next season, I really have no clue, but it definitely won't be inmate #24601.

Sorry, I just changed the year, LOL. I had a long night last night...

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I haven't read the whole complaint, but if it says she's suing for atty fees, then she's asking the court to order that the lawyer she's suing not only pay her millions for damages, but any atty or court fees attached to filing this new suit as well. And I'm sure the new lawyer took the case on contingency, which means he gets a cut of the so-called "winnings," if the outcome is favorable. But of course it's a risk, since he gets nothing if they lose.

In the complaint, she says she is asking 5 million per count, there are 3, and all attorney/court fees as well.

Sorry, I just changed the year, LOL. I had a long night last night...

No problem. I read it a couple of times trying to figure out what you meant, since some people actually believe Bravo wants to film Teresa in prison! Btw, I think you meant season seven as the next season, not season six. You must have had a very long night last night! Hope it was fun.

• Love 1

The Bravo empire (or Andy Cohen's) crumbling without the contribution of Teresa Giudice I find amusing. Not that's what I think you're saying, and I have limited knowledge about the other RH shows, but I've seen it referred to before. Bravo is almost entirely "reality" TV - they're five (?) other HW shows? I'm not sure if the embarrassment of Teresa is worth it. I could be wrong, certainly have been before.

I also think it's unlikely that the Bravo Empire would crumble without Teresa Giudice. Hence, I'd bet there's about a 70% chance (between 3/4 and 1/3, I couldn't decide), that Teresa and Bravo are over.  I think the pertinent question is more whether there's enough interest in RHONJ sans Teresa to sustain a next season. I think there will be at least one more season - since formerly high-rated TV shows die hard, especially at Bravo - but I don't know how successful it will be.

There are five other active RH shows, but the whole franchise - with the exception of RHOA - has suffered from steadily declining ratings in the past two years. Since Project Runway left for Lifetime in 2008, my understanding is that the RH shows, along with Top Chef, are Bravo's most dependable financial base. It's not hard to imagine that there's been some network-wide angst about the steady decline of the RH franchise as a money-maker from its highs in 2009-2011. RHONJ was the second highest-rated, after RHOA, since its second season. So, it's even easier to imagine that Bravo execs have been engaging in lots of hand-wringing, hair-pulling, and self-slapping both over a.) The departure of Teresa - who was thought to ensure high ratings, and who hence became the center of the show, and b.) Why they ever trusted a felon with the responsibility of raking in dollars from sponsors for their second-highest rated show. The resultant anger and embarrassment make it even more unlikely Teresa will be invited back.

No problem. I read it a couple of times trying to figure out what you meant, since some people actually believe Bravo wants to film Teresa in prison! Btw, I think you meant season seven as the next season, not season six. You must have had a very long night last night! Hope it was fun.

Yes, I meant Season 7 (just edited.) My night was mostly fun, although I don't like weddings that much (I'm surprised the banquet hall I was at has never been featured on RHONJ.) The gist of my paragraph on Teresa is that I think it's highly unlikely that she'll be invited back as a.) a convicted felon and b.) an uncooperative employee, but that it's an open question as to whether a Teresa-free season of RHONJ is viable, given the mistake producers made in making Teresa the show's lead. Bringing back Caroline, Jacqueline, and Kathy - even if they're chomping at the bit to return - wouldn't fix the series' problems.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

In the complaint, she says she is asking 5 million per count, there are 3, and all attorney/court fees as well.

Right, but you wrote that her new attorney won't get any of the $15 million. If he's on contingency (which he must be), then he gets a cut (if they win). Even if they're awarded $100, he'll get $30 of it. But if the case gets thrown out, or if they lose, he gets nothing.

Edited by LotusFlower

Right, but you wrote that her new attorney won't get any of the $15 million. If he's on contingency (which he must be), then he gets a cut (if they win). Even if they're awarded $100, he'll get $30 of it. But if the case gets thrown out, or if they lose, he gets nothing.

I always though if the court ordered the defendant to pay for the plaintiffs legal fees, then that lawyer only got that money and not a % of the overall award. I guess I was wrong! Sorry! LOL

So, it's even easier to imagine that Bravo execs have been engaging in lots of hand-wringing, hair-pulling, and self-slapping both over........Why they ever trusted a felon with the responsibility of raking in dollars from sponsors for their second-highest rated show.

I've always questioned why TBTB went the tragedy route with the Teresa and Joe drama this past season, but in fairness to them, Teresa wasn't a felon when they started filming. (They plead guilty in March, and by then they had filmed a lot, if not most of the season). But hiring her again now that she IS a felon is a whole other enchilada, and it's why I think they won't.

• Love 2

I always though if the court ordered the defendant to pay for the plaintiffs legal fees, then that lawyer only got that money and not a % of the overall award. I guess I was wrong! Sorry! LOL

No problem. You would be right if it was the regular lawyer-client practice of retainers upfront and getting paid on an hourly basis. Lawyers working on contingency is a completely different pay practice.