Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Right.  Restitution will ultimately be paid to some of the victims.

Not until the government and banks collect their share first. The value of the confiscated goods and cash still won't make much of a dent in the overall amount still owed, so these victims won't be seeing a cent just yet.  The onus is on the individual victims to go after the Guidices, which in itself will cost money. Many of them will have no choice but to let the debts go.

• Love 3

So the number they owe is up to $14.3?  And the feds found cash in their wine cellar?  What the hell???

If Teresa could only be honest about her real life, it would be SUCH interesting TV.  How do grifting thieves actually commit their grifts?  I would be tuned into that shit like it was my job!

Edited by Kerrey92
  • Love 2

Well, not that it's the most reputable of sources, but now InTouch is running with the How The Feds Stole Christmas story:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/how-the-feds-allegedly-stole-christmas-for-the-giudices-48123

Forget the Grinch, it was federal officials who stole Christmas from Teresa and Joe Giudice.

According to a report, the feds raided their New Jersey mansion earlier this week — and ruined the holidays for their four daughters when doing so.

A source alleges “Plasma televisions, expensive jewelry, cash and even the kids’ Christmas presents were taken” to fulfill the couple’s outstanding restitution, which they owe to the federal government after failing to establish a payment plan.

“Teresa was home and was absolutely stunned by the raid,” the source says. “She had no clue they were coming. She was absolutely hysterical, and begging them not to take the girls’ Christmas presents.”

The source adds the agents were shocked to discover “a large amount of cash in the wine cellar.”

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

I can totally believe that the Giudices were stashing money and expensive items. Teresa made some good bank from the show and her books and such, yet it seems the only bills they were paying were their mortgage and car payments, so the rest of that money had to go somewhere. If Juicy's mother lost her house as a result of helping her son and his wife financially, then that's some low down dirty shit if the Giudices allowed that to happen while sitting on their own assets.

She's too stupid to realize this video only serves to underscore the fact that she just isn't qualified to host her own cooking program.

She probably saw a fan or two comment that they would watch a cooking show starring her, and thought it was a fabulous idea that would actually fly. Bitch is delusional.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Refusing to set up a payment plan. Unreal. So much for them changing, or learning from their mistakes. Oh wait, the article states that Teresa read the forfeiture notice before the raid started. Because she vowed to read everything put in front of her from now on. So she has learned a lesson!

These two are grifters for life.

From NJ.com:

UPDATE: James T. Leonard, a lawyer recently retained by Teresa to deal with outstanding issues from the plea bargain, including the restitution, calls the story "a completely fabrication" and says that Teresa is "complying 100 percent" with the U.S. Attorney's Office to satisfy the restitution.

"I can tell you with absolute certainty there was no raid and there was no assets seized," Leonard says. "Santa Claus coming down the chimney is more believable than the raid story."

So Teresa has yet another attorney?

And damn. The grinch just stole my Christmas! I so wanted this to be true.

• Love 3

From NJ.com:

So Teresa has yet another attorney?

And damn. The grinch just stole my Christmas! I so wanted this to be true.

How is she able to afford changing lawyers all the time? Who is paying them at this point, they have no money or they would have paid more toward that $214+K they still owe the feds. SMH

How is she able to afford changing lawyers all the time? Who is paying them at this point, they have no money or they would have paid more toward that $214+K they still owe the feds. SMH

I don't know why you think they'd pay the Feds if they had the money. These two con artists have owed creditors millions of dollars for years, and even with money from Bravo and book sales, never paid back a dime. They even ignored a federal court order to pay half of their restitution at their sentencing hearing. They simply don't pay their debts. Do they have money? I'm sure they have some stashed away; otherwise, how are they still living in that house? But they spend or keep it for themselves. Simple as that.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 3

I don't know why you think they'd pay the Feds if they had the money. These two con artists have owed creditors millions of dollars for years, and even with money from Bravo and book sales, never paid back a dime. They even ignored a federal court order to pay half of their restitution at their sentencing hearing. They simply don't pay their debts. Do they have money? I'm sure they have some stashed away; otherwise, how are they still living in that house? But they spend or keep it for themselves. Simple as that.

I figure that even Teresa/Joe are not that bold/arrogant to ignore paying the court the $214+K they owe, even if in small dribbles but it appears they will try to stiff the government like they have everyone else. SMH

I figure that even Teresa/Joe are not that bold/arrogant to ignore paying the court the $214+K they owe, even if in small dribbles but it appears they will try to stiff the government like they have everyone else. SMH

Yup. Their sentencing hearing was in October, Teresa is heading to the pokey in a couple of weeks, and according to the U.S. Attorney's Office, they still haven't set up a payment plan.

I really wonder how they keep getting away with it. I know with the IRS, they slap a lien on your bank accounts immediately if you're in arears. And the house? I'm guessing the bank will take over sometime soon, but I've been saying that for awhile now...

• Love 1

Yup. Their sentencing hearing was in October, Teresa is heading to the pokey in a couple of weeks, and according to the U.S. Attorney's Office, they still haven't set up a payment plan.

I really wonder how they keep getting away with it. I know with the IRS, they slap a lien on your bank accounts immediately if you're in arears. And the house? I'm guessing the bank will take over sometime soon, but I've been saying that for awhile now...

It is ticking most of us off that they keep getting away with this sort of thing. Had it been anyone else, regular people, that pled guilty to 4-5 counts of Fraud, we would already be behind bars, with longer sentences and both husband/wife would be serving at the same time and we would have already lost our home and everything else in our possession. Has either Joe even refilled his taxes as he was court ordered to do? Where is the IRS, anyone else would be living on the streets begging for food/work had we stiffed the IRS and having children never stopped the IRS from taking it all before with others. Grrrrrrr

• Love 3

Sure, but who are the sources or media outlets disparaging? People like Teresa. And when you're in the public eye, false stories are circulated all the time. It's been happening since the beginning of time. And yet people still want to be famous. Honestly, some fake stories are really bad, and are truly hurtful, and sometimes damaging. This one is mild. Esp. compared to everything Teresa and Joe are dealing with right now. They have bigger things to worry about.

• Love 2

Can this be a lesson to us all, once again that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. Sure it's easy to pile on the Guidices, but just think of the lies "this source" or outlet create to disparage anyone they disliked.

OK, I'll take one for the team. Gimme the dunce hat and stool and put me in the corner.

• Love 3

Just because Teresa is a hated person doesn't mean unethical practices should be white washed. Secondly it often leads a person to not analysis the incoming info correctly. 

As I mentioned before, reading a play-by-play account of a raid on a gossip site should raise eyebrows. But as long as it's juicy critical thinking often goes out the window.  You know, I enjoyed that Solange/Jay Z elevator video as much as anyone, but any company would not be pleased with employees leaking stuff just for money & fame.

• Love 3

OK, I'll take one for the team. Gimme the dunce hat and stool and put me in the corner.

Ahh that's okay. I'm just cautious because I was in a situation where some "supposition" about a person was being discussed. I knew they were off track but there were issues preventing me from setting them straight. However what really got me was that they were discussing this in the presence of strangers who could be tainted with these views. In the end I have a real problem with folks create wild scenarios and spout them as fact.

• Love 2

Just because Teresa is a hated person doesn't mean unethical practices should be white washed. Secondly it often leads a person to not analysis the incoming info correctly. 

As I mentioned before, reading a play-by-play account of a raid on a gossip site should raise eyebrows. But as long as it's juicy critical thinking often goes out the window.  You know, I enjoyed that Solange/Jay Z elevator video as much as anyone, but any company would not be pleased with employees leaking stuff just for money & fame.

Radar Online posts about five totally fabricated stories on Teresa a day!. I don't see what's the big deal about this one. And I don't think we need a lecture. I shoot down about 99% of the stories, but this one was so delicious I think I just wanted it to be true. I'm still hoping there's money stashed in the chicken coop.

• Love 5

I am starting to wonder if half of these stories are planted by Joe and Theresa themselves. Isn't the going rate for radar online 20k? They obviously have no shame and are willing to do anything for a buck. Maybe not this one about the raid and subsequent retraction but some of the others where it is still somewhat giudice sympathetic.

• Love 1

Radar Online posts about five totally fabricated stories on Teresa a day!. I don't see what's the big deal about this one. And I don't think we need a lecture. I shoot down about 99% of the stories, but this one was so delicious I think I just wanted it to be true. I'm still hoping there's money stashed in the chicken coop.

I do think All About The Tea is a an iffy site but they have had scoops on other stories.  At this point I think this site if they want to credible needs to go back to the rule of three sources before they run a story.  I won't apologize for reading it or commenting on it.

There are times that people in the public eye will source something knowingly false to see if a publication runs it, waits to make sure it is discredited and then forever have the upper hand.   That would be giving Teresa way too much credit though.   

• Love 2

I do think All About The Tea is a an iffy site but they have had scoops on other stories.  At this point I think this site if they want to credible needs to go back to the rule of three sources before they run a story.  I won't apologize for reading it or commenting on it.

Me, too. Lets's face it - this isn't reports on Benghazi or WMD, it's the Real Housewives! Most of the show itself is fake and fabricated anyway, or so we all complain. And yes, ZM - you stated AATH had an iffy record at first blush, and I read they're "sticking to their story," even with denials from the Feds. I don't think I've ever read a retraction from one of these gossip websites. Either their denial is so deep, or they don't want to lose face with their readers. Shows the difference btwn. old media reporting, where our pal Vicki Hyman from the New Jersey Record has sources in the US Attorney's Office, vs. a gossip blog with an anonymous inside source (*cough*) Joe (*cough*) Kim G. (*cough*) Melissa (*cough*).

• Love 1

What if maybe, just maybe, the "raid" was the workof thieves? Teresa is home painstakingly scraping every sprinkle off those damn cookies Melissa sent over, and squeezing the Innards from Kathy's canoles.

The kids are in school (except Gia who skipped to practice dance moves with 3KT in Christiana's bedroom). Joe is careening drunk down Route 17 to meet a stripper/cousin/secretary for a "business meeting" at Applebee's. The "Feds" show up at the big, ugly door of the Giudice mansion. They flash their badges from Toys R Us, and after Teresa "carefully reads" the bogus paperwork they shove at her, she signs it, and they send her back to the kitchen.

Somewhere traveling along I95 is a moving truck carrying 8 plasma TVs, 17 pairs of tiny Uggs in varying shades of pink and purple, a set of ceramic rooster canisters, 2,500 copies of "Fabulicious! On the Grill," 13 tubes of Audriana's Dior Addict lip gloss (shade 553 "Princess"), six cases of shitty homemade wine, four mini Escalades, a pop-up spray tan tent, diamond jewelry (a Christmas miracle as the very same jewelry was missing during the assets inventory), a chicken coop, and $1,437,22.18 in cash.

• Love 9

Sure it's easy to pile on the Guidices, but just think of the lies "this source" or outlet create to disparage anyone they disliked.

You mean like how the Giudices have lied about and disparaged those they dislike for a tabloid check?

Anyway, my local news affiliate just reported the story, so evidently Teresa's people aren't trying very hard to shut it down, false or not. So, boofuckinghoo.

• Love 6

I'm not a tabloid reader so I can't comment with authority. However one day last year while in the grocery checkout line i did pick up an article. All I read was speculation from unnamed sources, dialogue pulled from the show, items pulled from the news and quotes from Teresa that were nothing more than quotes. Meaning, they were not responses to questions posed in the article, just stuff pulled to fit the story they were telling. Maybe the buy your term paper off the internet generation is impressed with this kind of journalism but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Teresa is truth challenged and her cast mates seemingly accused Teresa of writing and signing the tabloid articles as is. Sorry I don't buy it.

The Guidices couldn't shut down their charges and prison sentences, What can they do about a new boatload of rumors?

• Love 1

............. 8 plasma TVs, 17 pairs of tiny Uggs in varying shades of pink and purple, a set of ceramic rooster canisters, 2,500 copies of "Fabulicious! On the Grill," 13 tubes of Audriana's Dior Addict lip gloss (shade 553 "Princess"), six cases of shitty homemade wine, four mini Escalades, a pop-up spray tan tent, diamond jewelry (a Christmas miracle as the very same jewelry was missing during the assets inventory), a chicken coop, and $1,437,22.18 in cash.

And a partridge in a pear tree!

• Love 6

I'm not a tabloid reader so I can't comment with authority. However one day last year while in the grocery checkout line i did pick up an article. All I read was speculation from unnamed sources, dialogue pulled from the show, items pulled from the news and quotes from Teresa that were nothing more than quotes. Meaning, they were not responses to questions posed in the article, just stuff pulled to fit the story they were telling. Maybe the buy your term paper off the internet generation is impressed with this kind of journalism but it doesn't mean anything to me.

Teresa is truth challenged and her cast mates seemingly accused Teresa of writing and signing the tabloid articles as is. Sorry I don't buy it.

The Guidices couldn't shut down their charges and prison sentences, What can they do about a new boatload of rumors?

I think we all know what tabloid journalism; it's been around since before our nation was founded. And posters on this site are well educated and don't hesitate to post retractions as they come out. To assume we are "the buy your term paper off the internet generation" is insulting. As for me, I would rather insult the Gudices then fellow posters. MMV, of course. 

• Love 6

Except that Joe Giudice admitted that they had a deal with the tabloids and got paid for the articles.  Poor Teresa, she just signs whatever is put in front of her without reading or understanding, and that apparently includes the back of checks from tabloids. 

• Love 3

I think we all know what tabloid journalism; it's been around since before our nation was founded. And posters on this site are well educated and don't hesitate to post retractions as they come out. To assume we are "the buy your term paper off the internet generation" is insulting. As for me, I would rather insult the Gudices then fellow posters. MMV, of course.

Wait, so Eivis isn't really alive? I could've sworn I read he was spotted in some town somewhere... Or maybe it was BigFoot.

• Love 4

There's no reason for me to respect tabloid journalism just because it's after the Guidices. I don't know why that's an issue.

• Love 2

There's no reason for me to respect tabloid journalism just because it's after the Guidices. I don't know why that's an issue.

I don't think anyone expects anyone else to "respect" tabloid journalism, or even believe any of it. I think we all take those stories with a grain of salt. And we all have our own barometer on the believability scale. But we come here to dish. Nothing wrong if that's not your thing, but nothing wrong if it is, right?

• Love 4

No where did I state you should respect tabloid journalism. I did imply, however, you should respect the posters. Hope that's clear now...

• Love 3

I don't think anyone expects anyone else to "respect" tabloid journalism, or even believe any of it. I think we all take those stories with a grain of salt. And we all have our own barometer on the believability scale. But we come here to dish. Nothing wrong if that's not your thing, but nothing wrong if it is, right?

I have no problem with what you're saying. But I'm being sincere. I don't follow tabloids, don't blog, don't tweet. So I'm asking the experts of these media to give me the substance of tabloid train that Teresa specifically made money from and people keep getting offended by that. Sure I have my view of tabloid journalism, but just point me to the magazine or article where a reporter sat down with Teresa, asked her questions and she is quoted answering those questions. Then I can make a better judgement of Caroline's & Jacqueline's beef against Teresa. Has Teresa ever done an interview with any else besides Andy Cohen? 

• Love 2

I have no problem with what you're saying. But I'm being sincere. I don't follow tabloids, don't blog, don't tweet. So I'm asking the experts of these media to give me the substance of tabloid train that Teresa specifically made money from and people keep getting offended by that. Sure I have my view of tabloid journalism, but just point me to the magazine or article where a reporter sat down with Teresa, asked her questions and she is quoted answering those questions. Then I can make a better judgement of Caroline's & Jacqueline's beef against Teresa. Has Teresa ever done an interview with any else besides Andy Cohen?

As shoegal pointed out a few posts up, Joe acknowledged that they had a deal with the tabloids, and got paid for the stories. This isn't conjecture - he said this while talking to Teresa in a scene from a few years ago. They also had a deal with at least one of the weekly tabloids (US Weekly maybe? Life & Style?), where they gave quotes and posed for pictures. I'm not lauding this as hard-nosed journalism, but they weren't making stuff up. The quotes were real. As zoeysmom pointed out, competing tabloids printed stories about Teresa without interviewing her, so all those quotes were from "inside sources," and you can judge for yourself whether or not you believe them. Lastly, the only other interview with Teresa I can think of was one this past summer with the NY Post as RHONJ premiered. It got a lot of attention because of how clueless and delusional she appeared to be re: answering questions about her looming sentence. "I haven't thought about it....Regrets? I don't know. That's a hard question." Yes, these are real quotes that came out of her mouth. The interview was real.

• Love 4

Well that story was the funnest fake story I've read yet. I can't help thinking that there is a hidden door in the closet or wine cellar or whatever with the cash and Chanel stuff stashed away (you know they've hidden stuff, come on). Someone heard about it through the grapevine, or probably Joe spilled all the details after his fifth bottle of wine (four bottles just doesn't do it for him anymore). The whole story isn't true but maybe someone wanted the feds to know where the stuff is hidden anyway. 

• Love 4

As shoegal pointed out a few posts up, Joe acknowledged that they had a deal with the tabloids, and got paid for the stories. This isn't conjecture - he said this while talking to Teresa in a scene from a few years ago. They also had a deal with at least one of the weekly tabloids (US Weekly maybe? Life & Style?), where they gave quotes and posed for pictures. I'm not lauding this as hard-nosed journalism, but they weren't making stuff up. The quotes were real. As zoeysmom pointed out, competing tabloids printed stories about Teresa without interviewing her, so all those quotes were from "inside sources," and you can judge for yourself whether or not you believe them. Lastly, the only other interview with Teresa I can think of was one this past summer with the NY Post as RHONJ premiered. It got a lot of attention because of how clueless and delusional she appeared to be re: answering questions about her looming sentence. "I haven't thought about it....Regrets? I don't know. That's a hard question." Yes, these are real quotes that came out of her mouth. The interview was real.

I know Joe said they had deals with the tabloids. I know Teresa said she was paid for pictures and quotes and the tabloids make up any story they want. Maybe that's the only truthful thing she said. However I don't want a mosaic instead of a true narrative. For example I recall reading that Teresa was/or attempting pregnancy to avoid jail. But all their Teresa references seemed to be stuff Teresa might have said before Audrianna. True quotes, false story.

And more specifically Jacq said Teresa was selling her story about the fraud case. Being that Teresa is the queen of De Nial, I can't believe that Teresa gave any outlet info about her case. Can someone point me to what Jacq was talking about? 

• Love 1

Well that story was the funnest fake story I've read yet. I can't help thinking that there is a hidden door in the closet or wine cellar or whatever with the cash and Chanel stuff stashed away...

Oh my gawd, that's where Kyle got the Chanel dog bowl!

• Love 4

I know Joe said they had deals with the tabloids. I know Teresa said she was paid for pictures and quotes and the tabloids make up any story they want. Maybe that's the only truthful thing she said. However I don't want a mosaic instead of a true narrative. For example I recall reading that Teresa was/or attempting pregnancy to avoid jail. But all their Teresa references seemed to be stuff Teresa might have said before Audrianna. True quotes, false story.

And more specifically Jacq said Teresa was selling her story about the fraud case. Being that Teresa is the queen of De Nial, I can't believe that Teresa gave any outlet info about her case. Can someone point me to what Jacq was talking about? 

Teresa gets paid for these "articles" and she does not care if they are false as long as she gets paid, that is what Joe told Chris in California. The money is all that matters to her/them.

Jac said that because although Teresa was talking to the tabloids, she refused to talk about it on camera and heaven forbid anyone ask her about it on the show. 

• Love 1

Can you point to the story where Jacq said this? Or did you just hear it through the grapevine?

• Love 2

Can you point to the story where Jacq said this? Or did you just hear it through the grapevine?

No. It was on the show when Teresa and Jacq were on her back porch and Caroline pounced in later. Jacq was saying she was reading that Teresa may be going to jail but Teresa kept saying everything was fine. Jacq was complaining that Teresa didn't confide in her and Teresa said Jacq shouldn't ask certain questions. I don't have the transcript in front of me but that basically what I recall. If you think that the grapevine, so be it.

• Love 3

No. It was on the show when Teresa and Jacq were on her back porch and Caroline pounced in later. Jacq was saying she was reading that Teresa may be going to jail but Teresa kept saying everything was fine. Jacq was complaining that Teresa didn't confide in her and Teresa said Jacq shouldn't ask certain questions. I don't have the transcript in front of me but that basically what I recall. If you think that the grapevine, so be it.

Jac was talking about Teresa/Joe's BK case and that they were forced to withdraw it or else face charges and Joe's DUI/DL case, not the Federal Indictments because they had not happened yet. Jac was reading the articles that Teresa was paid for, the interviews she gave and was denying that she did them for money. Teresa was saying 1 thing to Jac and on camera but something entirely different to the rag mags and that is what Jac was talking about and why she showed a tabloid to Teresa that said something different from what Teresa said to all of them. She wanted to know which "story" Teresa was telling was the truth.  Later on during the Cali. trip, Joe admitted that she was indeed paid and that she did in fact give these interviews and that neither he nor Teresa cared if it was the truth or not as long as they got paid and that all of the HW's should do them or else they, the other HW's, were fools.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

That scene filmed long before Teresa and Joe were indicted for fraud, but I guess you're referring to the tabloid report that said Teresa might be going to jail b/c of the bankruptcy. Teresa dismissed it and said it wasn't true. But, and I think we've said this a bunch of times now - that scene was followed by one with Teresa complaining to Joe about Jacq's accusations, and Joe, in all his stupidity, openly admitted that they did, in fact, sell stories to the mags. He even joked about how foolish it was for everyone else not to sell stories.....such easy money, after all!

So the facts are this - Teresa had a deal with at least one, maybe more, of the magazines, and they would regularly run stories on her. This was done with her cooperation, and she was compensated. However, she certainly didn't have editorial control over the stories. For ex., we all know Teresa never wanted to talk about her financial problems, but the magazine probably asked her questions, and she had to comply. Maybe they asked her if she was scared about the possibility of going to jail over the bankruptcy trial, and they then put her answer in a headline in a way that sounded ominous when Jacqueline read it. Did they make things up? No, because the quotes were from Teresa. But she talks to the mags about unpleasant subjects (ie. Joe's DUI, the bankruptcy) only because she has to (to get paid), and then tells a different story (or doesn't talk about it at all) to her friends. So Jacq asked about the scary-sounding headline and accompanying story, and Teresa, again, denied and lied about everything. Hope that finally makes sense.

• Love 6