Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I was wondering how they were able to keep that house. The bills for that place must be insane.

I've never had a foreclosure or eviction, how long does it take before the person has to move out of the house? Do they give them time to come up with the money they owe or is it too late by that point and you just have to get out?

• Love 1

So when Tre is released from the big house she will not be going to the big house.  How her daughters will not be affected by all this in later years is beyond me, parents in prison and having their house foreclosed on and being uprooted, no more fun extras coming their way.  Sad for them. 

I just saw the foreclosure too on NJ.com, which I consider one of the few reliable sources out there. I'm pseudo surprised since I assumed Teresa would do anything to hold onto that house. I guess they really are broke. Boo hoo....

I just saw the foreclosure too on NJ.com, which I consider one of the few reliable sources out there. I'm pseudo surprised since I assumed Teresa would do anything to hold onto that house. I guess they really are broke. Boo hoo....

I'm only surprised it took this long. But probably not a coincidence that it happened under Joe's watch, with Teresa out of the picture. He really is such a ne'er-do-well.

• Love 2

I was wondering how they were able to keep that house. The bills for that place must be insane.

I've never had a foreclosure or eviction, how long does it take before the person has to move out of the house? Do they give them time to come up with the money they owe or is it too late by that point and you just have to get out?

It really depends on the bank. It can be as little as 60 days or over two years, depending on how quick they can move through the process. My guess is Juicy was told it can take a while and they can still live there, so he is betting they can make it until Feb then it's Teresa's problem.

I really am curious as to the details of the mortgage if it ever becomes public. Balance on loan, term of loan, rate, etc.

Edited by TaxNerd

Still cleaning off the coffee from my keyboard.  ...... thanks for the laugh, tho!

x

here are the legal documents filed against Joe and Teresa property-the liens are interesting.  Shockingly they were current until December of 2014.  http://www.scribd.com/doc/262301803/Teresa-Giudice-Foreclosure-Complaint-Court-Doc

Anyone remember when Teresa sued her BK attorney for 5 million -well here is an interview with him-http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/04/16/exclusive-interview-with-attorney-james-kridel-part-2/

You can read the first part by clicking on the link within the article but it is about jurisdiction and Kreidel refusing to stipulate to having the case heard in NYC.  Teresa attorney asked for another 120 days to serve the lawsuit.  Her attorney apparently did not try and serve Kreidel in his NJ office-the one he works out of five days a week. 

In reading Kreidel's comments substantiated by billings documents Teresa pretty much lied about what her involvement was in the bankruptcy filing.  Shocking. . .not.

Teresa's co-author was deposed by the US Attorney's office-a lot of discovery and investigation went into the Giudices prior to the indictment.

• Love 5

OMG Zoeysmom - great digging, as usual. There's so much to read. Already I'm learning that the foreclosure process could take years, and as for the fraud - so much definitive proof that Teresa lied through her teeth and knew SO much more than she pretended. Atty Kridel claims that she knew more about bankruptcy proceedings than the average layperson! That she testified under oath to things she said to Andy she had no knowledge of. That she didn't pay her taxes for ten years! Etc., etc...

It's worse than I thought. How can that be?!

• Love 2

OMG Zoeysmom - great digging, as usual. There's so much to read. Already I'm learning that the foreclosure process could take years, and as for the fraud - so much definitive proof that Teresa lied through her teeth and knew SO much more than she pretended. Atty Kridel claims that she knew more about bankruptcy proceedings than the average layperson! That she testified under oath to things she said to Andy she had no knowledge of. That she didn't pay her taxes for ten years! Etc., etc...

It's worse than I thought. How can that be?!

I don't think Joe is going to pull out all stops and pay attorneys to stall it.  They have close to 2 million in liens so there is not upside to them squatting it out.  If it doesn't go into foreclosure I am sure the taxing agencies will move it along.  I was just shocked they had a fifty year loan at 7.25% interest.  I was also dead wrong I assumed they had not made payments in years. 

• Love 2

A fifty year loan at 7.25% interest! I didn't even know you could get a 50 year loan! And hasn't mortage interest been under 5%, at least, since the 2008 recession? They could have saved money refinancing, if they were eligible. Maybe they weren't.

• Love 2

I don't think Joe is going to pull out all stops and pay attorneys to stall it. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. They can stall the process, but only by hiring a lawyer to file paperwork, and how is there any money for that? Or Joe can stall until Teresa gets out and he goes in, and then it's Teresa's problem.

They could have saved money refinancing, if they were eligible. Maybe they weren't.

I remember part of Teresa's explanation as to why she signed the bank loan documents and was therefore on the hook was because Joe had bad credit.

• Love 1

That's exactly what I was thinking. They can stall the process, but only by hiring a lawyer to file paperwork, and how is there any money for that? Or Joe can stall until Teresa gets out and he goes in, and then it's Teresa's problem.

I remember part of Teresa's explanation as to why she signed the bank loan documents and was therefore on the hook was because Joe had bad credit.

Something in the comments came up about the foreclosure-if the house takes a real beating during the auction does the Court have the power to add that to the restitution payment?  Inquiring minds want to know.  The house loan was part of what she plead guilty to.

• Love 1

It seems that the sheriff sale of the beach house was rather fast so it is possible that if Joe does nothing, the mansion will get auctioned off sooner than some think.

I am sure Teresa's representatives have been presented with all kinds of offers but it would seem to me that savvy creditors have probably put liens, or whatever type of collection documents in place at the leading tabloid offices.  So offers for new shows or shows with Joe are probably required to run through the federal system as he is required to file monthly income and expense reports.  Since Joe was paid for the photos at the prison I am wondering if he decided it was best not to throw the money away on that fifty year mortgage.

I hate to say it but if I were the bank I would use best measures to get the property sooner rather than later.  I doubt Joe will allow the place to become a total sty while he is raising the girls in it.  If it takes years I can only imagine the decline the property would suffer.

I am wonder how long Joe's mom worked the system before she had to move out of her home?  it was auctioned off about four months after her husband died.

• Love 1

here are the legal documents filed against Joe and Teresa property-the liens are interesting. Shockingly they were current un

til December of 2014. http://www.scribd.com/doc/262301803/Teresa-Giudice-Foreclosure-Complaint-Court-Doc

Awesome work! I suspected they did not have a 30 year, but a 50 year is unreal! The interest rate is so high because it's a jumbo loan. 7.25% is decent for a loan of that size. To refinance lower, they would need to bring serious cash to the table. Because I'm such a numbers geek...

They took their mortgage out in 2008 and paid until Dec.2014. The Dec balance would be about $1,690,000. So why would they not do a fire sale, but instead list at $5m then later drop to $3m?

Also, according to their mortgage amortization, they should have paid approximately $26,650 in principal, everything else was interest. Over $768,000 in payments! Unreal!

• Love 3

Awesome work! I suspected they did not have a 30 year, but a 50 year is unreal! The interest rate is so high because it's a jumbo loan. 7.25% is decent for a loan of that size. To refinance lower, they would need to bring serious cash to the table. Because I'm such a numbers geek...

They took their mortgage out in 2008 and paid until Dec.2014. The Dec balance would be about $1,690,000. So why would they not do a fire sale, but instead list at $5m then later drop to $3m?

Also, according to their mortgage amortization, they should have paid approximately $26,650 in principal, everything else was interest. Over $768,000 in payments! Unreal!

Thanks for crunching the numbers.  I imagine there a have been a few late charges along the way.  And they made a ton of improvements.  There should be an enhancement to their sentences for sheer stupidity.

It just goes to show where all the book and Bravo money goes.  I thought it was interesting that Teresa in 2009 had not filed taxes for 10 years-hence the $500,000.00 tax lien.  There were people just prior to her sentencing loaning her money to save the house.  Amazing.

• Love 2

Something in the comments came up about the foreclosure-if the house takes a real beating during the auction does the Court have the power to add that to the restitution payment?  Inquiring minds want to know.  The house loan was part of what she plead guilty to.

I don't think it can be added to the restitution payment, but they apparently personally guaranteed a lot of these loans (BTW - don't do that), so technically the banks can go after them for the shortfall. I don't think that's likely (ie, can't get blood from a stone). I did notice from docs posted above though they stopped paying the mortgage shortly after the government put liens on it for taxes. Didn't know about all the other liens though (Mr Mastropole seemed to be the first). I didn't know that private creditors could put liens on real estate that wasn't related to the real estate (except for IRS, etc). I'm guessing it's an LLC issue (how we buy investment RE)? But how did they possibly think they could have sold it to begin with? A title company won't give a buyer clean title until all the liens are settled. That's also the thing with liens, a typical lien holder can't force a sale, but maybe can the IRS? Thankfully this is outside my experience.

Relatedly, who the fuck gets a 50-year mortgage? I'm in real estate (not residential) and didn't even know they existed.

I don't think it can be added to the restitution payment, but they apparently personally guaranteed a lot of these loans (BTW - don't do that), so technically the banks can go after them for the shortfall. I don't think that's likely (ie, can't get blood from a stone). I did notice from docs posted above though they stopped paying the mortgage shortly after the government put liens on it for taxes. Didn't know about all the other liens though (Mr Mastropole seemed to be the first). I didn't know that private creditors could put liens on real estate that wasn't related to the real estate (except for IRS, etc). I'm guessing it's an LLC issue (how we buy investment RE)? But how did they possibly think they could have sold it to begin with? A title company won't give a buyer clean title until all the liens are settled. That's also the thing with liens, a typical lien holder can't force a sale, but maybe can the IRS? Thankfully this is outside my experience.

Relatedly, who the fuck gets a 50-year mortgage? I'm in real estate (not residential) and didn't even know they existed.

Thanks for the help.  I am in California but here if you have a judgment against you they can put a lien on real property.  I just assumed these were judgment creditors who put liens on everything. I was also under the impression that tax liens took a superior position.  I also thought that the IRS or the state could force a sale or seize a home for unpaid taxes and auction it off.

My guess is the 50 year mortgage is probably a thing of the past-but they do get really good interest on it.  So for the six years Giudice paid the Bank made some money. 

Thanks for the information on the shortfall I have asked the question repeatedly about NJ and never gotten an answer.  California is not a shortfall state.  If Teresa goes back to big earnings my guess is she might be subject to the shortfall except IIRC some of the restitution money is for the loans on the beach house and the rental.  I guess they can't just keep going after her.

So I was watching Wendy Williams (don't judge me-if watching trash tv was a crime, I would do more time than Teresa!) and she mentioned Teresa was approached for Dancing with the Stars. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier, but I can definitely see her doing the show.

Seems like she still keeps floating up as people just hand her buckets of money.

I could swear I read somewhere yesterday (PEOPLE maybe) that Teresa is scheduled for release December 23, and will remain under house arrest for the rest of her sentence after that. I think her lawyer was quoted...

Did anyone see see that? Ami losing it?

If so, that gets her home for Christmas (let the spending of money she doesn't have begin!).

I could swear I read somewhere yesterday (PEOPLE maybe) that Teresa is scheduled for release December 23, and will remain under house arrest for the rest of her sentence after that. I think her lawyer was quoted...

Did anyone see see that? Ami losing it?

If so, that gets her home for Christmas (let the spending of money she doesn't have begin!).

If she's under house arrest I wonder if they will let her film. I could see it since the IRS could garnish her wages and it's about the only shot in hell of the Gudices paying back anything they owe.

The idea of this bitch getting out one second early is disgusting beyond compare.  I can just see Bravo filming the triumphant release and return 'home'.  Major vomit factor. If that is indeed the case, I'll cross Bravo completely off my TV viewing plans. Between this bitch and kimmie on BH,  there are FAR TOO MANY rewards being handed out for atrocious behavior.

• Love 6

I think her early release date is based on her serving the 85% of her sentence? I thought (based in on all our sleuthing) that she could have even a little earlier with a halfway house. Look up Federal Prison Sentence Calculator. A 14 month sentence would be 12 months and six days, so a week or so earlier than expected.

I looked up the People article. No mention of Dancing with the Stars. I'm sure she wants to, but for some reason (see convicted felon) I don't see that happening. Her lawyer did deny the foreclosure (umm...OK), her and Joe weren't divorcing (believable for now) and said being the focal point of RHNJ since the beginning, Teresa's "return" would be based on "contract negotiations".

Anybody familiar with residential real estate? I don't know how that foreclosure process works and how likely it is that an eventual refinance/agreement can be negotiated. I've always had the impression Teresa would do anything to keep the monstrosity and the lifestyle she thinks it conveys. In commercial real estate, once a property gets into trouble it goes into something called Special Servicing, but if you can't come to terms (or want to) once the foreclosure process starts it's all over. I'm assuming her lawyer knows about all those pesky liens?

A few months back, Olive, who I believe works for the BOP, told us about the possibility of a halfway house or home confinement assignment for the last 10% of Teresa's sentence, which would be a date around Christmas of this year, aligning with the info. from Teresa's lawyer. But since I don't take what this guy says as gospel, esp. since the foreclosure stuff is either spin or just plain wrong, my question for Olive (or anyone who knows) is this: are community correction assignments decided this early?

My guess is this - the decision re: home confinement has not been made yet, nor will a decision be made in the near future. Teresa's lawyer has been singing this "home for the holidays" song for awhile now, almost since she went in, so I think he's saying it again now only to get her name out there....and I think it's related to Housewives. I was struck by how he commented on the show and its casting decisions, advocating for Teresa by saying that she's been the "central" figure of the show since season one. Say what now? Since when do lawyers comment on Housewives shows, let alone casting? I think Teresa is worried - the money's running out, the house is in foreclosure, Joe's a drunk mess, and no one from Bravo has come a-calling. So Teresa's trying to paint a rosy picture for the fans and for Bravo, ie. everything's groovy, there's no divorce, they're closer than ever, the house is is still standing, Teresa will be out soon.... And she had to use her lawyer to deliver the message, since Joe's interview with the mag and Extra was so bad. Anyway, that's my theory about this pretty strange interview and its timing.

• Love 1

I think her early release date is based on her serving the 85% of her sentence? I thought (based in on all our sleuthing) that she could have even a little earlier with a halfway house. Look up Federal Prison Sentence Calculator. A 14 month sentence would be 12 months and six days, so a week or so earlier than expected.

I looked up the People article. No mention of Dancing with the Stars. I'm sure she wants to, but for some reason (see convicted felon) I don't see that happening. Her lawyer did deny the foreclosure (umm...OK), her and Joe weren't divorcing (believable for now) and said being the focal point of RHNJ since the beginning, Teresa's "return" would be based on "contract negotiations".

Anybody familiar with residential real estate? I don't know how that foreclosure process works and how likely it is that an eventual refinance/agreement can be negotiated. I've always had the impression Teresa would do anything to keep the monstrosity and the lifestyle she thinks it conveys. In commercial real estate, once a property gets into trouble it goes into something called Special Servicing, but if you can't come to terms (or want to) once the foreclosure process starts it's all over. I'm assuming her lawyer knows about all those pesky liens?

I had to laugh when he, Teresa's lawyer, said that Joe was talking to the bank about getting a new mortgage! They have no income, how is he going to get a new mortgage or refinance it? LOL

• Love 5
(edited)

The idea of this bitch getting out one second early is disgusting beyond compare.  I can just see Bravo filming the triumphant release and return 'home'.  Major vomit factor. If that is indeed the case, I'll cross Bravo completely off my TV viewing plans. Between this bitch and kimmie on BH,  there are FAR TOO MANY rewards being handed out for atrocious behavior.

Amen.  But I'd be bored and I would have to watch Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on my DVR.  Oh god forbid the Kartrashians.  I'm into "Jail" now.  Hmmmm, just wondering what Tre eats and when Juicy cheats.  ;)  

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I don't see Teresa on Dancing With the Stars for so many reasons. Isn't it filmed it in California? With Joe in prison, how could she go to California for months while her " dawters" are in school? She'll be on probation for a couple of years and that comes with travel restrictions.

• Love 1

I'm having flashbacks to Theresa yelling at Danielle about how she lives in a 5 million dollar house. My, how the mighty have fallen.

And don't forget the linoleum floors! We never did see that home featured on the show. Not up to Tres' standard, eh? She ran for diner to diner diner house to house for the better part of the season they parlayed her ass in like she's never had to do her own hair or make up before! How did they ever get by before Bravo?

Sad pathetic confession: That sentence ran through my head as we were house hunting 2 years ago. Only I can make my bills. Legally.    

I don't see Teresa on Dancing With the Stars for so many reasons. Isn't it filmed it in California? With Joe in prison, how could she go to California for months while her " dawters" are in school? She'll be on probation for a couple of years and that comes with travel restrictions.

Hi AnnA-Many years ago Teresa hired some agent who was responsible for getting many on DWTS (before nene or Vanderpump) the agent and Teresa soon parted ways after the agent wanted to charge $3,000.00 for Teresa around Season 2 for a charity performance.  No chance of Teresa to get DWTS even though there is hardly a star left in the casting these days.

********************************************************************************************************************************

I am scratching my head- so Giudices are making their mortgage payments?  No way they can refinance with millions of dollars of tax liens in place.  I would recommend the IRS hold an auction.  That would pay off the title holder and the remain could go to the IRS freeing up Teresa to start repaying her other creditors.

• Love 2
(edited)

Looks like things are no longer going so well for Tre in Danbury which I found buried in this article and camouflaged by Melissa's new boobs.  Tre has a workout injury and she isn't getting any "special treatment."

Edited by mpeeps
  • Love 1

LOL Teresa tweeted nothing, she is not allowed to! They do not have cell phones and their computer use is monitored! Someone used her account to tweet this, Gia, Joe, Shelia or her lawyers did this, NOT Teresa! LOL

http://www.eonline.com/news/661672/teresa-giudice-speaks-from-prison-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-star-thanks-fans-during-first-tweet-in-5-months

Attorney James J. Leonard says, "She's getting back in touch with her faith. She's spending lots of time praying in there..."

Perhaps TLC will book her. I hear they may have an opening for a large faithful family show.

• Love 11

Tre gave up her Maserati and part of her Bravo pay to satisfy her debt to the court.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/teresa_giudice_gives_feds_maserati_bravo_pay_to_sa.html

Welllll, the article says that she gave the Feds this but the truth is that they filed against her to get it. Teresa/Joe were forced to pay/sell/release, they were not willing participants! It look like, from the partial legal documents here.....http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/06/08/court-orders-teresa_giudice-to-pay-bravotv-25-of-earnings-andy-rhonj/ , that Teresa/Joe did not pay all the money they were supposed to pay before they were sentenced, that pesky $400+K !

• Love 3

Tre gave up her Maserati and part of her Bravo pay to satisfy her debt to the court.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/teresa_giudice_gives_feds_maserati_bravo_pay_to_sa.html

WHAT THE HELL! Why are they just now taking all their "possessions". Why are they still driving such fancy cars....and STILL living in a multimillion dollar house. I just don't get it. You are convicted felons - everything should be gone. They should be living with family members and driving a used Honda. 

• Love 6

WHAT THE HELL! Why are they just now taking all their "possessions". Why are they still driving such fancy cars....and STILL living in a multimillion dollar house. I just don't get it. You are convicted felons - everything should be gone. They should be living with family members and driving a used Honda.

I agree, but I think the millions that they owe are towards their creditors, including millions to banks, and I don't know if they'll ever be forced to re-pay those debts. Honestly, that's always been a mystery to me, and this part of the story isn't reported on much. (If anyone can shed light on this, please do). The amount they owe the government is relatively manageable, so my understanding is they're put on a sort of long-term payment plan, which I think is fairly standard.

• Love 5