Type keyword(s) to search

Girls5Eva - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On season 2: "All the best aspects of season 1 have been amplified, we know what works now."

Well, that sounds promising. Season 1 was already strong with good writing so it will be impressive if they improve on that even further.

• Love 1
(edited)

‘Girls5eva’ Season 2 Sets May Premiere on Peacock and Reveals First Look Teaser

Girls5Eva Season 2 will premiere on Peacock on May 5.

NUP_196754_00874R.jpg

For its second season, the show will switch to a weekly rollout, with three episodes being made available at launch followed by episodes releasing on Thursdays.

Season Two picks up about a month after the group stormed Jingle Ball. The girls get a record deal with a celebrity brand extension of the Property Brothers. “I love keeping them underdogs and scrappy,” Meredith Scardino said.

Paula Pell had knee issues, which was incorporated into the second season with a broken knee for her character Gloria. This led to some “sexy cane work”.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Season 2

Returning Cast: 

Sara Bareilles, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Paula Pell, Busy Philipps, Andrew Rannels, Ashley Park, Daniel Breaker, Erika Henningsen, Janine Brito, Jeremiah Craft, Jonathan Hadary and Julius Coneicao.

Guest Stars:

Amber Ruffin , Chad L. Coleman , Property Brothers: Drew and Jonathan Scott, Heidi Gardner, Hoda Kotb, Tim Meadows, Grey Henson, James Monroe Inglehart , John Lutz , Judy Gold , Mario Cantone, Pat Battle, Piter Marek, Amy Sedaris and Neil Flynn.

Off target, but interesting none the less.

Peacock Hits 28 Million Monthly Active U.S. Accounts, 13 Million Paid Subscribers

That total is up from the 24.5 million Monthly Active U.S. Accounts and 9 million paid subscribers Comcast reported for Peacock at the end of 2021.

Peacock is hoping to have $3 Billion to spend on content this year, that it hopes will increase to $5 billion in the future.

(I got a free paid subscription to Peacock for having Comcast/Spectrum Cable Service) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Girls5Eva Season 2      May 5          Peacock

Episodes 1-3    Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S02.E01: Album Mode

NUP_195892_00345.thumb.JPG.a24439770b45f2685e7419a773af1e15.JPG
When Girls5eva lands a record deal, Dawn, Wickie, Summer and Gloria discover how much they're willing to sacrifice for the opportunity.
Girls5eva gets a record deal, and the women discover how much they’re willing to sacrifice for it.
NUP_195892_00818.thumb.JPG.8f234949590267358a0d14f449e8520d.JPG

S02.E02: Triumphant Return to the Studio

NUP_196008_00005.thumb.JPG.79e362410eb291d72a2783c208b71116.JPG
Dawn worries her status as the group's songwriter is in jeopardy; Wickie panics over an unflattering paparazzi photo; Summer struggles to officially split from Kev.
Girls5eva adjusts to being back in the studio; Dawn worries about her role as the band's songwriter.

S02.E03: Who U Know
NUP_196144_0054.thumb.JPG.4f3c05b85ed4b8404fc366a163e674f1.JPG
The women try to get heat by guest-starring in Stinker's latest music video; Dawn has doubts about her son entering the business; Wickie assumes the role of Girls5eva's publicist; Summer pushes Gloria to flirt.
NUP_196144_0379.thumb.JPG.b9349cdfa9c41fc3985c69420c2073b5.JPG

Edited by tessaray
Edited episode numbers.

They should have taped a new intro for the new season, it is fine that the song is the same.

They showed a lot of lady flesh in the first episode, but they toned it down for the rest of the episodes.

Episode 3 had a lot of great lines: "King Turd of Phone Mountain" and "Perk Your Snerk With Tamperx". I liked when Wickie reached into the the turkey and pulled out the "Bling Stuffing".

Season 2 is 8 episodes.

Finally!
I feel the second seasons got back into the grove right away. Kev was an ar*ehole and I am glad Summer is getting the divorce. The juxtaposition between Summer and Dawn's relationship with their children is quite jarring. Gloria will probably get her heart broken big time.
Ashley hasn't been mentioned yet, but my money is on her making an appearance in the season finale.

• Love 3

S02.E04: Can't Wait 2 Wait
Summer's parents urge her to stay chaste until she finds "The Two"; Dawn gets a little too close to Ray during a late night at the studio; Wickie dates a celebrity whom she cannot name due to an NDA.

Original Airdate: May 12, 2022
Piter Marek as Ray
nup-196283-01229.jpg?auto=webp&width=109
nup-196283-00476.jpg?auto=webp&width=109

On 5/13/2022 at 3:34 PM, chitowngirl said:

I wished they would have rolled into looking for Ashley this season…

Same. It felt like that was where they were heading after Gloria's line in the s1 finale. I wonder if maybe they just couldn't get the actress or something. If not, they should have recast. They could have even done meta jokes about it lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. It felt like that was where they were heading after Gloria's line in the s1 finale. I wonder if maybe they just couldn't get the actress or something. If not, they should have recast. They could have even done meta jokes about it lol.

There is some line in this week's description about Gloria pursuing a "mysterious" musician.  I'm hoping it's Ashley.

• Useful 2

S01.E05: Leave a Message If You Love Me

Gloria investigates a mysterious musician; Dawn fights plagiarism; Summer denies having work done.
Gloria becomes obsessed with a mysterious musician; Dawn gets stuck in a plagiarism loop; Summer denies having visited the "Med" part of her MedSpa.

Original Airdate: May 19, 2022
15c0f94e81cb0f9b033b1de3b0bb5964_706x397

The fifth episode was one of their best yet, I'd say. It was well crafted, some good puns, and came together nicely at the end with the song.

I'm still cuckling over Wickie's riff rolodex everytime she starts yodeling

• Love 4

I just finished watching the episode with Summer’s parents and they are such a hoot. And then listening to the full “Wait” song during the credits had me laughing so hard. “George Washington waited, Kermit waited…” Gah!

• Like 1

I loved the latest ep! Summer denying having work done and then getting stuck to the wall because of her thread lift and Dawn's whole "I'm as bad as Robin Thicke," Wickie "no one is as bad as Robin Thicke." cracked me up. 

I was surprisingly moved by Gloria wanting the hooded musician to be Ashley so bad and then bonding with Wickie when it wasn't her. The song at the end was sweet. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

The latest episode is the best one yet.  I'm glad this season is starting to come into its own.  Not surprised the "mystery" singer wasn't Ashley, but I'm still betting Ashley will appear at some point.

• Love 3

S02.E06: B.P.E.

Dawn and Wickie vie for the same solo on the album; Gloria and Summer attempt to clean up their pasts by tracking down copies of an old prank show they made for "Lifetime Raw."

Original Airdate: May 26, 2022
John Lutz as Percy
Erika Henningsen as Young Gloria
Ashley Park as Ashley
ab3aa76c2699bfe57d1237e14bbf5e11_706x397
peacocktitles7-1080x720.jpg.webp

Having seen Passing Strange on Broadway in 2008, I've been waiting for Daniel Breaker to sing on the show! Couldn't imagine they'd waste that voice. Worth the wait.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

It's pretty sad that Scott's song and singing was better than anything the leading ladies of the show ever did. But I guess it makes sense, he sang a legit song while most of what the crew sings are these joke tunes made for humor.

• Love 1

Album-Cover-Treatment-17-14.jpg

There will be a “Famous 5eva, Because 4ever’s 2 Short: A Girls5eva Retrospective” exhibit at the Grammy Museum from June 9-27, 2022. The retrospective will feature wardrobe, memorabilia, an interactive sound booth, an exclusive mix of their hit songs, new and old, and other surprises.

The Grammy Museum at LA Live in LA, 800 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015. 

TICKETS Prices:  ADULTS  $18    SENIORS Ages 65+  $15    COLLEGE STUDENTS with Valid ID Required  $12    YOUTH Ages 5-17  $12    MILITARY with Valid ID Required  $15    CHILDREN 4 years and under  FREE    MEMBERS GUEST  $12

• Love 3

S02.E07: Returnity

With their album about to drop, Wickie takes career advice from a "normal"; Dawn is alarmed by mysterious symptoms; Gloria tries to ignore thoughts about other women.

Original Airdate: June 2, 2022
Janine Brito as Caroline
girls5eva-season-2.jpg

Awww, why can’t The Girls catch a break? It’d be more interesting following them on tour than watching a group of lovable losers getting thwarted yet again. The show is starting to wear on me unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, rejnel said:

Anybody know who played the "lunch lord?" So handsome! I couldn't figure it out from imdb.

Chad L. Coleman.

It was so dumb, but I was just hysterical when they started shoving the entire chicken into the nuggetter. I'm putting that on my bridal gift registry.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Corgi-ears said:

It was so dumb, but I was just hysterical when they started shoving the entire chicken into the nuggetter. I'm putting that on my bridal gift registry.

You've got a little bit of beak on your cheek.

• LOL 2

I’ve watched the first 4 episodes of Season 1 and I really like it!! The writing is amazing and the women have great chemistry together. 

I think Queens could’ve done well as a dramedy of this on Hulu, with a smaller budget. Oh well. I’m glad this is doing well although I’ve seen no advertising for it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

S02.E08: 8. Tour Mode

Season Finale

As Girls5eva competes to be the opening act on Collab's world tour, the women grapple with the feasibility of leaving New York.

Original Airdate: June 9, 2022
Chad L. Coleman as Sheawn
Grey Henson as Tate
tmp_c1u7jt_549fa3201baa0735_NUP_196754_0

• Love 1

The "why don't we lean on each other" song was genuinely good. The best one they did on the show so far, in my opinion.

I have to say, I sympathized with Gloria's wife's reaction when she told her she is leaving her to explore her options. Like, that was not cool and she can't expect Caroline to wait for her, but it is what it is.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just watched "Returnity" and I marveled at Wickie being able to resist Sheawn, the Lunch Lord. Cuz Chad L. Coleman is hot af!

Edited: Finished the finale, and I now I cannot get "B.P.E." out of my head!

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, rwlevin said:

Okay, that fight with the Property Brother was everything. And I can’t tell them apart either, with or without beard.

Jonathan has a sideways/off-center smile. It’s like it starts halfway under his nose and continues halfway up the right side of his head. (I exaggerate a little, but you’ll see what I mean.)

Their fight scene had me rolling. He’s about two feet taller and lugs around building materials, and she starts throwing swings. Paula has excelled this season.

Nice to see their Ft. Worth song pay off and the band win one! 

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I wonder why they dropped looking for Ashley? 🤔

I got the feeling Gloria accepted she was dead? Or was she mollifying Wilkie and secretly still believes Ashley could be alive? (It feels like the kinda show where Ashley would come out of hiding to join them on stage at their first headlining gig.)

• Wink 1
(edited)

The story behind the Property Brothers fight: https://www.vulture.com/article/girls5eva-gloria-drew-scott-property-brothers-fistfight.html

The most shocking part to me is that the stunt reel is real!

Once Jonathan and Drew signed on, the latter sent a sampling of his talents, including a stunt reel that captivated Scardino. “My mouth was on the floor, like, I can’t believe I’m watching one of the Property Brothers destroy multiple assailants in a stuntman’s backyard for two minutes,” Scardino says, laughing. “I was like, ‘Can we license this somehow? How do we use this? It’s gold.’”

Girls5eva did in fact license the video, and it reorganized the end of the season to include appearances by the Scotts. 

The Property Brothers, god love em, are just so cheesy and earnest. 

Edited by MerBearStare
  • LOL 1
(edited)

The show really has come into its own with the second season. I hope the women get on well behind the scenes because it looks like they have a lot of fun doing this; and that the show gets the chance to do 5-6 seasons.
There was almost too much of Wicki and her robotic storytelling, but the lunch lord story was sweet. As was her singing BPE with Dawn and her husband. Gloria is a hoot, and when she gets a story with one of the other girls, she always amplifies their personality. Love Gloria!

Bonus points for the dig on Disney adults.

PS: It will forever bug me that the intro is all about that +1 joke - 5eva, 3gether, high 6 etc. - but at the end it sais cre8ted by instead of cre9ted by.

Edited by Aulty
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

The story behind the Property Brothers fight: https://www.vulture.com/article/girls5eva-gloria-drew-scott-property-brothers-fistfight.html

The most shocking part to me is that the stunt reel is real!

The Property Brothers, god love em, are just so cheesy and earnest. 

What a great article! I love reading about all the crew involved. They're so integral to the making of a show, and it's nice when they get spotlighted. Thanks for sharing.