Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Doors Opening, Doors Closing

jewel21
  • Start Topic

A case becomes personal for the staff when Conrad and Bell treat a pregnant woman who is carrying Jake's future adopted child. Upon hearing surprising news from Princess Nadine, Devon contemplates the future of his love life. On the heels of meeting The Raptor's parents, Mina gets a call that causes her to make a bold decision about her future. Meanwhile, Cain grows closer to Rose and Irving and Jessica tie the knot.

Airdate: 04/13/2021

AJ and Mina can't both leave. Chastain is already short on surgeons with Cane injured. 

I felt really bad for Jake and his husband. 

And I'm bummed the Princess has moved on. I liked her with Devon. Hopefully we can still see her every once in awhile. 

• Love 7

That was the cutest wedding. I also love the Indian Matchmaker. This plot should be good for some fun. I still hate Cain. He will not be humanized by treating one person kindly considering how many people he hurt.

AJ and Mina cannot leave. They are the best. I do not accept it. 

• Love 15

I hate that baby story.  Every single show does that or the surrogate/adoptive mother decided she wanted to keep the baby all of a sudden....blah blah blah.  I'm sick of it!!  Get creative writers.  Let someone just take their baby with no problems...geez

I sure hope Mina and AJ don't leave.  Maybe Cain will do something.  Yeah...right.

I can't get over how good Bell is now... 

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 1

I’m trying to locate the name of an actor that I recently saw on a medical tv series.   I’m wondering if this is it.  I only saw a few portions of the episode.  There was what appeared to be a male couple (thirty-something) sitting side by side on a bench outside an ICU unit.  Were they there for the baby?  Anyway, one of those actors looked so familiar. I’m trying to figure out who he is. ..................found it.

https://the-resident.fandom.com/wiki/Conrad_Ricamora

Edited by SunnyBeBe

The girl didn’t keep the baby, she just decided to give the baby to a tradition family because her parents forced her too. That was heartbreaking. What selfish parents and people. I will never understand how close minded some people are. On the opposite spectrum, Jake and his husband gave up the baby so the mother can keep the relationship with her crappy parents.

Mina is leaving, and taking AJ with her? Damn it show, I was hoping that they wouldn’t get rid of her but now no AJ as well is going to be worse. Even if she ends up going alone he’s going to be mopey and sad.

Im one of the few looking for Cain being redeemed. I like his relationship with Rose, and am still hoping he saves Mina.

Thank goodness that baby wasn’t Devon’s, and am looking forward to seeing his matchmaking dates. 

Irving and Jessica’s wedding was beautiful and perfect. I know they eloped but wish the crew got to see it.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7

I'm glad that they didn't have Bell's plea to the birth mother's parents actually work. I appreciate that they went with a more realistic, yet equally heartbreaking, ending with Jake and his husband not getting their baby. It made it much harder to watch that ending. As dramatic as it is to have the birth mother not give the baby to them for reasons (it's such a TV cliche for an adoption to fall through, just because it always happens on TV), at least they had a somewhat interesting storyline with it. 

So, are Mina and AJ really leaving? They definitely sold me on the idea more that at least Mina would be leaving the show. I just don't see how she stays after all of this. And...that would really suck because I love Mina and I have also grown quite fond of AJ, and would rather them find an unrealistic way for Mina to stay than to actually send her off to Nigeria. Even if Cain grew a heart suddenly and decided to help out, what could he realistically do? Her Visa is expiring and he was the one who started the investigation on her. He doesn't have enough power to reverse that. Is there a way for him to help her out? I'm not even sure how that would work, and Mina seems to be taking the mindset that she should be helping in Nigeria because of the lack of doctors and surgeons there, so it would make less sense for her to change her mind. So I think we will really see Mina, and probably AJ, leave in the next couple of episodes.

I am not here for the Cain redemption storyline through Rose. Sorry, but they can't make me like Cain or root for him with anyone at this point. 

I'm actually kind of sad that Nadine's baby isn't Devon's. I really liked Devon and Nadine. But it does seem like we'll get Devon with a new love interest soon enough. 

Irving and Jessica's wedding was so cute, and I LOVE that it was just with the two of them.

• Love 5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Show, you just can NOT drop my two favorite characters!

... Unless there’s a spinoff featuring the adventures of Mina and the Raptor in Nigeria. I’d be all in for that.

It really sucked that the baby’s mother caved to her awful parents. I was hoping the adoptive dads or Bell and/or Voss would offer to help her out until she could get on her feet financially, find her somewhere to live, etc.

• Love 7

I'm guessing that means Mina won't be leaving, since she can't take AJ with her!

Put me firmly in the No Redemption column for Cain - although there at the end, when she was like "i'm just gonna sleep" I thought she was just gonna die right then and there.

The mother deciding not to give her kid up to Bell's stepson feels genuine for the south.

15 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, are Mina and AJ really leaving? They definitely sold me on the idea more that at least Mina would be leaving the show. I just don't see how she stays after all of this. And...that would really suck because I love Mina and I have also grown quite fond of AJ, and would rather them find an unrealistic way for Mina to stay than to actually send her off to Nigeria. Even if Cain grew a heart suddenly and decided to help out, what could he realistically do? Her Visa is expiring and he was the one who started the investigation on her. He doesn't have enough power to reverse that. Is there a way for him to help her out? I'm not even sure how that would work, and Mina seems to be taking the mindset that she should be helping in Nigeria because of the lack of doctors and surgeons there, so it would make less sense for her to change her mind. So I think we will really see Mina, and probably AJ, leave in the next couple of episodes.

I am not here for the Cain redemption storyline through Rose. Sorry, but they can't make me like Cain or root for him with anyone at this point. 

I'm actually kind of sad that Nadine's baby isn't Devon's. I really liked Devon and Nadine. But it does seem like we'll get Devon with a new love interest soon enough. 

Irving and Jessica's wedding was so cute, and I LOVE that it was just with the two of them.

Cain called his lawyer after AJ threatened him - his lawyer said that the train had already left the station.

Also, with the wedding..... there were no witnesses.

• Love 2

Was it really appropriate for Bell to operate on the woman who was giving her baby to Jake? I know technically he had no relationship with her, but imagine if the baby had not survived? Or if he had to choose between her and the baby, knowing he is trying to build a relationship with Jake?

That girl's parents were awful. 

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was it really appropriate for Bell to operate on the woman who was giving her baby to Jake? I know technically he had no relationship with her, but imagine if the baby had not survived? Or if he had to choose between her and the baby, knowing he is trying to build a relationship with Jake?

That girl's parents were awful. 

Maybe the mother expressed her wishes before the operation more clearly - but she seemed to be leaning towards "keep the baby in as long as possible, even if it is detrimental to my health."

Irving and Jessica are my favorite couple on the show. They're adorable.

Mina and Theo (oops, I mean AJ) run a very close second. Please don't let them leave!!!! But if that's where this is really going, it's just the most romantic departure I could imagine ("L'd rather live in her world, than to live without her in mine...") 

I'd actually watch a spinoff with Mina and AJ training future surgeons in Nigeria. Maybe with her amazing and bossy mom as their boss.I guess the timeline would have to be a few years in the future, since, for all her wonderfulness, Mina is still technically in training herself right now, isn't she?

• Love 6