Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: First Birthday Failure

• Start Topic

(edited)

This is mean, and petty, but it bugs me - Jenna's step-mother's eyes are really small and close together.  She should not wear so much dark eyeliner, it is just making it look worse.

Why do they play that AWFUL song as Myrka's intro/bumper:

They call me fuego
They call me fiy-a
They call me all that you desi-ah
They call me fuego

And why would they call her "fuego?"

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1

Alex has a point about Tyra swooping in and taking control over the baby and the birthday party. Tyra is gone all week while Alex does the heavy lifting. As much as she wants to make believe that she is raising Layla (? I’m drawing a blank on the kid’s name), she isn’t. If the shoe were on the other foot, she’d be complaining that Alex is away all week and doesn’t know what is best for the baby. Tyra made her choice and decided that going to college 2 hours away because cheer was more important than being with her infant. Choices have repercussions.

Looks like Aden checked out. I give him two weeks before he moves out. Jenna’s Mother is a shit-stirrer.

Lily is still stupider than a box of rocks.

Myrka, hate to break this to you, but every woman who has given birth thinks it’s the most awesome, amazing, excruciating, painful experience she’s ever gone through. You’re not special, dear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, abracadabra said:

What was up with Lawrence's mom saying the girl was a little "Prince" then getting mad that she was corrected? 

She was trying to pretend she cared about his "stepdaughter". She couldn't even get through a sentence without messing up the little girl's deets.

"...Leah..?"

"Aliyah, Mom."

And then there's Tyra declaring that she'll force her child to do whatever she wants. Jesus fuck, you'll be a winner of a mom there, college girl. "I don't care if you're unhappy and crying, you'll dance to make me happy, child!"

• Love 4

I still like Tyra but she makes it difficult. But Alex, phew - he's either a passive stump or completely angry and hostile. That "stop looking at me" made my blood run cold!

Jenna = ugh. Lily =same.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

She was trying to pretend she cared about his "stepdaughter". She couldn't even get through a sentence without messing up the little girl's deets.

If the show is to be believed, she gave Aaliyah the big dollhouse during the baby shower, which is an extremely thoughtful thing to do for the older sibling. Maybe they taped the talking head before the shower?

I’m actually down with pretending to care about the baby mama’s older kid. She’s only three; pretending works. You don’t have to love her the way you love your grandchild. What you have to do is show kindness and generosity to both siblings equally so that you don’t feed into their rivalry. 

• Love 12

I originally liked Tyra, but I get really irritated with her now. She is so ungrateful and unappreciative toward everyone - Alex, her mom and sister. I can't really tell yet if she is that way with his mom and grandmother. The whole bow thing - wow. (Wire hangers, anyone?) She's become very controlling  (or maybe it's just stressed-out and tightly wound, but still...) fortunately she is young and can change that. 

1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 3

They were really wrong to push that cake in that baby's face.  Good for dad for rescuing his baby.  I'd have been mad too.  Tyre is young, so it's to be expected, but I think Alex's frustration is from Tyra trying to make everything about her.  The party was supposed to be for the baby, but Tyra made sure she herself was the center of attention.

• Love 9

I think Alex also realized that if Layla had a hard time settling after the party he would be the one dealing with her as she is probably more bonded with him. He spends far more time with her and knows her routine. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just for the record, I think these over the top birthday parties for 1yo kids are ridiculous. 

Oh, absolutely. But -maybe I'm giving everyone too much credit - I think of these baby showers, gender reveals and birthday parties as content for the show, most likely egged on and partially paid for by producers. While it's usually over the top, marking milestones makes sense in this context. And if anything it usually serves the purpose of showing teens that these experiences usually don't turn out the way they might envision!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mellybelly said:

They were really wrong to push that cake in that baby's face.  Good for dad for rescuing his baby.  I'd have been mad too.  Tyre is young, so it's to be expected, but I think Alex's frustration is from Tyra trying to make everything about her.  The party was supposed to be for the baby, but Tyra made sure she herself was the center of attention.

I could not believe they tried to shove that cake in baby's face.  Shame on them trying to create drama for the camera.  Tara is having her second run on Unexpected so she probably thinks she has to be ambitious.  Silly and scary to the baby.

I want to like Alex because he seems to have stuck by Tara and supported her 'dream'.  But he never smiles, talks, animates in any way. 

Maybe he has a golden PeePee that the girls seem to like him.  lol

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I want to like Alex because he seems to have stuck by Tara and supported her 'dream'.  But he never smiles, talks, animates in any way.

Actually, I think he does smile, but his mouth doesn't move sideways and instead actually moves inward a little, in a pursing motion.  It's not a smirk, but it might as well be for how much I hate it.  And Tyra does it too.

• Love 1

Not of the fan of the baby face full of birthday cake either, but usually it is the baby who nosedives into the cake without the assistance of an adult.  Perhaps it will make Layla have a lifetime fear of cake - ooh I wish something like that had happened to me many years ago because I unfortunately like cake way too much.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Yes Lilly, I’m sure Lawrence is devastated about not going to a baby store and scanning registry items. I cannot believe that this girl who’s pregnant for the second time before 20 is having a second elaborate baby shower. First of all, baby #2 can ABSOLUTELY use everything you had with baby #1 even if they’re a different sex. Lilly did not have a Pack n Play or breastfeeding pillow from her first baby? And wtf is a spaghetti salad?! 

Poor Layla, whose mother thinks she’s property and thinks the cuteness of a bow outweighs her daughter’s comfort. It’s very telling that she cared more about the cuteness of the party than whether or not her daughter would enjoy herself. Who cares if Layla’s a bit late? Parties are a lot to handle and anyone in their right mind would take a well-rested, happy baby over a cranky tired one. I would be annoyed beyond belief if my partner came in hot with her opinions and demands when she spends all of 4 days a month with the kid. Alex is 100% correct that waking up a baby and getting them out the door is enough of a task without having to wrangle a fucking hair bow. Tyra wouldn’t know these things cuz she’s never, ever around to handle these issues. I hate that Tyra’s trashy mom just smashed that cake right into a baby’s face and everyone laughed while she cried. The baby absolutely had a miserable time, regardless of how that made Tyra “fill”. This family breeds so quickly, frequently and thoughtlessly that there are five living generations of them. Nauseating. Also, Tyra’s speaking voice is infuriating. She sounds congested and her accent is so unattractive and unintelligent. 

Ugh, I’ve had two epidurals and they both hurt terribly. Birth is so beautiful...except for the gross stuff that comes before and after. The thing I miss about babies the most is feeling the tiny weight of a newborn on your chest. I’m sad for Myrka for continuing to crave a relationship with her mother when her mother has repeatedly and clearly articulated her disinterest and disdain. She needs to find a good therapist and distance herself from her mother but unfortunately she’ll likely just be disappointed and hurt over and over again. 

Both Jenna and Aiden talk so slowly, quietly and inarticulately that they both sometimes require captions. 

• Love 9

Jenna is a selfish immature brat and Aden looks like he is a hostage.  No way those two are still together. Tyra, FFS- the party? Layla is 1, she won't remember anything. Nor will she remember her 2nd or 3rd birthday. And the cake? Shame on your mom, Alex was right to grab the baby before the cake went everywhere. Lilly has the IQ of a donut. These poor babies....

• Love 5
On 3/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jenna’s Mother is a shit-stirrer.

I don’t pay enough attention to this program to know their names, but is that the mother in the promo who hates her ex-husband but says they’re going to have a “conjoined baby shower”? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t pay enough attention to this program to know their names, but is that the mother in the promo who hates her ex-husband but says they’re going to have a “conjoined baby shower”? 

Yes and I think the feeling is mutual!  Lol

21 hours ago, magemaud said:

It wasn’t as bad as Max’s “bisexual” baby shower.

Lilly let’s Aaliyah get away with waaay too much...good luck!

I usually want to slap Tyra. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1