Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Blind Taste Test

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The contestants take part in the blind taste test, with the winners enjoying a helicopter ride, while punishment awaits the losers. Both teams struggle during service - but who will be sent home?

Airdate: 03/04/2021

Did I miss something, or did they not mention that (dining room guest) Floyd Little passed away on 1/1?  It’s not a huge thing, but I think it’s only respectful for a show to at least acknowledge when someone is appearing posthumously.

Otherwise, I guess if I squint really hard I can see reasons to keep Marc over Adam - like when he finally got that scampi right, it was well received.  I don’t remember any big cooking errors on Adam’s part, but his communication was really off.  In general though, it seems like a bad call.

• Love 1

Yeah, they're clearly keeping Marc around for The Drama. Wasn't it Declan who once said he was like an annoying mosquito? Indeed.

I won't miss Adam's nasty beard. He deserved to leave just for that.

So glad I wasn't the person cleaning up the set! Waste of food again, too - unless those were fake cherries. And weird how some got shower caps and goggles and others didn't.

• Love 7

Gordon and Fox weren't exactly honest; that helicopter trip does not go to Grand Canyon National Park. It goes to the "Grand Canyon West" which is west of the National Park and is land owned by the Hualapai tribe. The canyon there is not nearly as deep or impressive.  Helicopter tours from the Park do not descend into the Canyon.

Not sad to see Adam gone. I was hoping for a twofer.

Pear has that distinctive texture; why didn't she notice?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Such A Flirt said:

I won't miss Adam's nasty beard. He deserved to leave just for that.

I wondered if that didn't have something to do with Gordon's decision.  Marc could have been eliminated just as easily but he's more presentable appearance-wise and Gordon does seem to take that into consideration.  Maybe Gordon decided to get rid of Adam while he had a chance.  

I really, really wish HK would stop with the gross stunts.  They're all for TV and have nothing to do with cooking and the waste is appalling.  Even if the goops they use aren't real foodstuffs, the impression is waste and more waste.

• Love 5

I should have realized that early in the episode when Adam said he was definitely going to be one of the two going to the finale that he would be going home.  I must be slipping to not have really noticed that give-away editing.

So over Jordan-she is more irritating to me than is Marc.  

I think Declan, Kori, and Cody are the strongest-even though Amber keeps telling us that she is the strongest.

• Love 7

I'm surprised they didn't have to have ophthalmologists attend to the non-Marc members of the blue team as he went on and on about his skills and how he is respected by the members of his team.  Serious eye-rolling going on behind him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Marc is back to the old Marc, I get that Adam was very quiet but Marc screwed up an egg and has been up for elimination before. Declan is looking quite strong now, same with Kori. The only person Marc has any business outlasting is Jordan.

• Love 6
(edited)

That challenge was awful. The people getting punished were not the ones making the mistakes, especially Declan, who got a perfect score. 

Also, some of the poor slobs  in the dunking chair got to wear shower caps, while others didn’t. The whole thing was a joke.

Glad to see that awful scraggly beard finally removed from the kitchen.

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2021 at 10:19 AM, preeya said:

Who said: "I already know I'm top two in this competition" at the 3 minute mark of this episode?

Guess who was eliminated?

As soon as he said that, my wife and I looked at each other and said "Famous last words..."

• Love 2