Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E08: Crapping Out in Hell

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The chefs are met by a craps table. The winning team earns a special lunch, while a miserable fate awaits the losers. There's no dinner service, but someone must leave, and two contestants must cook for their life to survive.

Airdate: 02/25/2021

2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

The chefs are met by a craps table. The winning team earns a special lunch, while a miserable fate awaits the losers. There's no dinner service, but someone must leave, and two contestants must cook for their life to survive.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„at the bolded. Really? What will happen if they lose? Die?

That was really a crappy thing to do to the people who had to make the decisions when there wereΒ just a few left on each team.Β  Everyone should understand that the person choosing was forced to do it but there's always going to be someone like Amber who takes it totally personally and will hold a grudge.Β  I wish Gordon had sent her packing but I knew he wouldn't.

I didn't care much about Lauren but I can't stand Jordan.Β  I hope she's next out.Β Β 

Edited by mlp
correct something
  • Love 9

My favorite part of the episode (other than seeing all those delicious steaks) was when Amber ran back into the dorm. Cody jumped up from the table like, "Yeah!" and she yelled at him, "Don't ever do that to me again" and he just deflated, like, "Heard." It was like the moment halfway through the rom-com where the couple has the big fight. All that was missing was a cheesy soundtrack.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Eolivet said:

My favorite part of the episode (other than seeing all those delicious steaks) was when Amber ran back into the dorm. Cody jumped up from the table like, "Yeah!" and she yelled at him, "Don't ever do that to me again" and he just deflated, like, "Heard." It was like the moment halfway through the rom-com where the couple has the big fight. All that was missing was a cheesy soundtrack.

I can't get over that she came back snapping at everyone then calls out "someone get me a beer!" Get it yourself, you rude little harpy.

• Love 13

Nikki and Cody called the correct 4. So we can already guess who the black jackets will be. Amber and Jordan are exhausting with their constant drama, and Marc is so annoying. None are leader material (and neither was Lauren).

And that "reward" (except for lunch with Gordon)Β looked more like a punishment.

• Love 6

So, even when Amber earns a 2 from Gordon in the first competition, she still gets upset for being put up for elimination?Β  Her self-view is a bit off.Β  I thought Cody and Nicki did well with the nominations and yikes could it cause resentment.Β  However, it is also a test of leadership-it's hard to let someone go (fire someone) but both of them got through it.Β  I still think that Cody has developed the best relationships across the board (with both teams).Β  Amber liked the drama of being "vindicated" but she really should realize that Gordon is looking for more than just a good chef-it's really a leadership position.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

So, even when Amber earns a 2 from Gordon in the first competition, she still gets upset for being put up for elimination?Β  Her self-view is a bit off.

As I've said previously, Amber has an overwhelmingly conceited view of her culinary skills. She's not as good as she professes to be.

• Love 7

As much as I dislike Marc, GR was wrong about his pork chop. For many years now medium rare pork chops are safe to eat (see for example: Β  https://www.bonappetit.com/story/juicy-pork-medium-rareΒ Β Β  but note the article refers to trichinosis as a germ while it is actually a parasitic round worm whose eggs can be in the middle of some cuts of meat). No one in the US has gotten trichinosis from USDA inspected meat in decades while it remains a risk from game meats including wild pigs. GR has no excuse to keep claiming that pork cooked the way many chefs call the best way to get juicy pork, not the cooked dry pork that our parents and grandparents cooked it (appropriately back then). A nice thick pork chop, cooked medium rare with a good sear and slightly pink (not raw) in the middle is a thing of beauty (and great taste).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am tired of these local plugs.Β  The tight rope walking was tied to the acrobats (who added nothing).Β  Wonder if HK is running out of steam.Β  They used to get shopping sprees, spa days.Β  Now it's like scaled down amusement park rides for adults.Β  It doesn't look much fun, as someone said earlier, more of a punishment than a reward.Β  Just give them some time off, go to a nice hotelΒ  pool or something to relax.

• Love 7

Jordan was really getting on my nerves in the beginning. Her anger at being called out for being one of the bottom two chefs was ridiculous. "I'm not one of the weakest chefs." So, are you calling Chef Ramsey a liar then? Because he's the one who called you out.Β 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 2/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, xcrayon2215x said:

Jordan annoyed me at the beginning of the episode, I thought that Lauren would outlast her but screwing up the main component makes sense to get rid of her. Cody is looking really strong.

Cody is my personal favorite. He seems like a genuinely nice person and appears to be a soldΒ chef.

• Love 9

Jordan makes me honk of Robyn. Same haircut, same inability to deal with stress.Β 
Cody seems more competent than what I thought originally. Amber, less so.Β 
mom finding Mary Lou interesting. She’s got the drama down, but also seems competent.Β 

• Love 1