Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Hell Starts Taking Its Toll

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Tonight showed that Declan was not the issue and Marc was. Adam is really turning into a contender. I would have understood what Marc said to Amber if the team had lost but they won so it didn't make sense to me. Peter quitting probably didn't impact much, I think he would have been eliminated anyway. He seemed like a nice guy, but it was his time to go.

• Love 4

“I AM NOT AGGRESSIVE,” Marc barks, man bun tightly coiled, legs spread, hands on hips, ready to spring.

Damnit Cody stop with the 180 turn from the first episode.  You are making me uncomfortable.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I was not expecting this Cody redemption arc, but I'm not mad about it. It's the kind of thing Survivor would include if the guy was the winner, but this is Hell's Kitchen, so for all I know, they were trying to kill time. Now I'm wondering if Declan is the decoy winner.

Stop, brain, stop. It's Hell's Kitchen. It's edited by trained monkeys. There are no story arcs, no character growth. Next week, Ramsay will be back to flinging plates of uncooked food onto the floor and you'll forget this pleasant detour about a potentially multi-dimensional character.

Edited by Eolivet
  • LOL 6

I'm glad that all the blue team voted to put Marc up as the chef they'd prefer to do without.  That man has a giant ego for no apparent reason.  He needs to be knocked down a few more pegs before he comes face to face with his actual skill level.

• Love 4

I never thought Ramsay would send anyone else home at the end.  But I thought he might make the 2 change teams.  He will sometimes do that when a chef can't get along on their team.  I was kind of hoping he would do this.  I would love to see Marc stuck on the female team.  They would annoy him so much.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I am glad that Peter left rather than stick it out as he just seemed so unhappy.  And, it didn't help that Amber started giving him service notes while at the spa.  Amber seems like she would be difficult to work with as she thinks her way is the best.  She is making me agree with Marc (!) in that three tacos were too much on the plate and I thought they would get dinged for it.  Her "I always plate odd numbers" was jut a bit too much.  Okay, that is the only time that I will ever agree or support Marc as I think he is horrible.  Too much ego when he is not as great of a chef as he believes (well, I guess that applies to all of them).  Kori has never learned that while on a reality t.v. show, one never assures the audience that is no way they will lose, because that automatically means that one is going to lose.

I thought the women should have been penalized when one of them threw the duck into the pen rather than walk it in.  I really loved Cody's attitude about being on the punishment team and it's very clear that he loves animals.  Therefore, he is A-OK with me.

Interesting how they consistently show that Lauren doesn't do much-even Gordon mentioned it during service.  She should be out very soon.

What?  No pseudo-celebrities at the VIP tables?

The food service actually well pretty well.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I really loved Cody's attitude about being on the punishment team and it's very clear that he loves animals.  Therefore, he is A-OK with me.

Interesting how they consistently show that Lauren doesn't do much-even Gordon mentioned it during service.  She should be out very soon.

This. I like how he was pretty chill about it. I like animals, it's all good kind of mentality. And he was really nice with the piglet. I also like how he called out Lauren for not doing anything. 

• Love 5

I'm coming around on Cody as a person, so hopefully he's good in the kitchen. Nothing has been shown yet IMO on his cooking skills. I liked the way he handled being taken out of the reward and didn't complain and how he tried to talk to Marc instead of yelling and screaming at him. 

I agree Declan doesn't seem to be the problem it's Marc. Declan tried to help Peter stay in the competition.

It was definitely time for Peter to go, HK just isn't for him and appreciate him being honest and saying no that he's not a leader. Some people aren't natural born leaders.

Marc is just a narcissist, he doesn't know how to take accountability for anything, can't see his mistakes but wants to call everyone else out on theirs. 

Amber is still annoying, she tells Marc she doesn't want to talk to him, then confronts him for talking about her, but then goes back to saying she doesn't want to talk to him. Girl the Astrodome wants you to take several seats. 

There's always something to do in the kitchen Lauren, just standing around is gonna get you noticed by Ramsay and not in a good way. I see so many chefs on this show just standing around and not offering to help anyone.

Nikki I thought was gonna crumble on the meat station cause she was in her talking head saying how good she is at it and that usually translates to messing up in the kitchen. I'm glad it was the reverse and she actually did a great job. 

The voice over guy can stop with the whole Hell's Kitchen is the hottest restaurant because it's pretty much confirmed that the people that go are relatives and friends of those that work for Fox and celebs. Nobody outside of that can book a reservation or anything like that.

• Love 2

What's with all the mental health issues/exits this season?  First the girl who lost it after the dune buggy reward.  Then last week, the guy left before service, then this week Peter leaves, mid service.  We've never seen that before.  I also didn't understand Peter's reasoning.  He doesn't want to be a leader.  Well ok, out of those remaining 12, at least 9 are not leadership material but their going to the end (or as far as Gordon will allow them to go).  

I'm curious as to when this was taped, before or during the pandemic and if that's part of the issue.  

I'm voting for Declan or Nikki for the win, though she's probably too young.  

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm curious as to when this was taped, before or during the pandemic and if that's part of the issue.  

Both seasons 19 and 20 were filmed in 2018, and have been sitting on a shelf since; kind of like what happened to The Amazing Race season 32.

Season 19 did already air in the UK last fall, on ITV2, so that’s why spoilers for season 19 are all over the Internet.

• Useful 1