Type keyword(s) to search

Season 02: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)

The way Amy was complaining about no visitors in the hospital....will she allow her family to visit the baby AFTER they get home.  It’s like she doesn’t get how deadly covid is.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

There's a new show on TLC about a widow and widower who fall in love and get married. They have 11 kids between them all under the age of 12. They claim to be the modern day Brady Bunch. It premiers March 16th. The Blended Bunch. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Oh my gosh, I turned in just in time to see the brand new baby burrito! He's so precious!

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Aw, he's so sweet! I know Amy is going to be a good mom. You can tell she has an excellent maternal instinct. Congratulations, Amy and Michael!

I agree! She has nieces and maybe nephews, so I'm sure she's had some practice, but she looked like a natural. 

• Love 4

I wish Amy and the baby the best, but some people think over serving a child junk food translates to love and affection.  Unlearning engrained behavior is difficult.

My mom did that. She was overweight most of her life. She'd say, "Let's be bad and go get cheeseburgers!"

• Love 2
Just now, mmecorday said:

My mom did that. She was overweight most of her life. She'd say, "Let's be bad and go get cheeseburgers!"

I recall my mom overindulging some of the grandkids....a lot...even though I begged her to think of health.   One child is now super obese.  To her the food was like showing love. 

My DIL had to have a C-section, which got infected in the hospital. Then she tested positive for COVID (after being negative when she came in). They made the baby leave because they couldn't let him back in the nursery and he couldn't stay with her anymore. I had to hang at my son's house w/baby while a lot of drama went on. Then they made DIL leave because they were afraid of MRSA in the infection, and COVID, even though her wound was awful. Wonderful.

Fortunately, the state said my son, baby, and I didn't need to get tested. I still don't know if it was a false positive or what, but she never had symptoms and she was still able to nurse. Meanwhile, the wound needed packing 2x a day for weeks. It took my son a while to be able to deal with it, so they had to go back to the hospital each time for treatment. Whew. But things have calmed down, she's almost closed up, and the baby, who is all kinds of cute, is a big fat 15 lbs at 3 months. 

I wish Amy well, but I think things may not be as easy in the long term as they appear to be now. Maybe. I just hope she is mentally strong enough to raise a child. I never know about these two - are they developmentally disabled? Uneducated? Dunno. 

3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

OMG HE DID!!!!!

I don't know - they've been all over the place and around all kinds of people w/o masks. Who knows where she got it from? For that matter, some young person on the production team could be asymptomatic and gave it to her. You never know who people are around.

• Love 3

Since Michael & Amy quarantined for 2 weeks prior to the birth, Michael wasn't pushing Tammy around and therefore she couldn't have left the house.  She got the covid right after jerry's visit so I strongly suspect that it may have come from him but if course I don't know, just seems suspicious. Unless she has visitors?   Anyway, that was a bad surprise.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Since Michael & Amy quarantined for 2 weeks prior to the birth, Michael wasn't pushing Tammy around and therefore she couldn't have left the house.  She got the covid right after jerry's visit so I strongly suspect that it may have come from him but if course I don't know, just seems suspicious. Unless she has visitors?   Anyway, that was a bad surprise.  

It was already on her social media months ago when she got it. And like I said, she's not alone; there are producers, camera & sound people, etc. in the apartment. Who knows where she got it from?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had covid and had a hard time eating much because I lost my sense of taste and smell and was too damn tired to eat.  Had to remind myself.  Somehow it didn't work that way for them.  I will say, however, that the easiest things to eat were things that are high calorie for volume.  

Does the commercial lead in give anyone else the sense Tammy did not lose weight?  Thanks, TLC.  So much suspense. 🙄

• Love 3
(edited)

Chris.....I think he’s eating what he wants.   

Tammy is not going to change.  I might just let adult protective services know of her situation and they can monitor it to see if her self neglect gets severe enough for them to intervene.   It’s like forcing someone to check into rehab and give up drugs.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Tammy really is a nasty person.  A typical victim.  Jealous and resentful of everyone because they do the work and reach their goals.

By the way, it looks like they're going to have an intervention with a ton of food on the table. I am sure you see the irony that is totally lost on them.

• Love 3
(edited)

Another 20 pounds.

We have admitted we are powerless over food and that our life has become unmanageable.

Is she there?  Really there?

Edited by Kid
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jerry’s adding to the problem, but by how much? With Jerry around she gains 20 pounds a month. With Jerry not around she gains 18 pounds a month.  Even with Jerry gone, it’s a lost cause. She’s tuned out. They may just need to accept her decision to die. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3