Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: In Case of Emergency

• Start Topic

When flight attendant Cassie Bowden meets passenger Alex Sokolov, she decides to spend an extravagant, very drunk night with him. But when she wakes up the next morning beside a dead body – and with no memory of what happened – Cassie fights to keep her wits about her long enough to make it back to New York, where more trouble looms.

Airdate: 26 November 2020

Wow, I really enjoyed that. It was really fun and interesting. I'm excited to see where it goes. 

I've only seen Kaley Cuoco in the like 2 seasons of TBBT that I watched so I didn't really know what to expect but I thought she was pretty fantastic in this. And I love Rosie Perez.

Honestly, I really liked all the characters and thought all the actors did a great job.

Does anyone know if all the eps will be put out at once or if it's weekly? I thought I saw something at the end saying 'streaming Thanksgiving Day,' so I was assuming the full season would be out at once. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know if all the eps will be put out at once or if it's weekly

It’s weekly, but in clumps. Three episodes thanksgiving weekend, then two, then two again, then the finale.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I watched it and really enjoyed it. I like that it had a thriller type pace to it that keeps the audience on the edge of their seats. 
Kaley’s character really seems to have a drinking problem. I’m not sure how many people could drink that much and openly get it on with a passenger and still keep their job. Of course, the drinking and memory issues are a plot device that contributes to the mystery. 
I’m interested to know more about the guy who died and what happened. It begs so many questions on how someone could have gotten into their room, killed that guy with him perfectly placed in bed and her passed out then escaped allegedly leaving no evidence or witness behind. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Kaley’s character really seems to have a drinking problem.

Yeah, I thought it was most notable that she’d stuffed her bag full of those airplane vodkas and was chugging them in her hotel room.

That missing drivers license is gonna be a problem. Wuh-oh...

• Love 8

I liked it, although I was tense the whole time. Cassie seems like a fun, sloppy drunk who gets caught up in something completely out of her depth. Her idiotic, panicked mistakes drove me crazy but I did agree with her lawyer friend, do not get arrested in Bangkok.

The flashbacks with dead Alex were interesting, once I got past the fact that he was lying in blood with his throat slashed carrying on a conversation. I wonder who he really was.

The supporting cast was great, too. I'll binge this one once all of the eps come out.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, emma675 said:

I did agree with her lawyer friend, do not get arrested in Bangkok.

I also do not trust her lawyer friend already — she had a 15 year old secondary flip phone, that screams shady as fuck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 11/20/2020 at 2:09 PM, kariyaki said:

I also do not trust her lawyer friend already — she had a 15 year old secondary flip phone, that screams shady as fuck.

That and her meeting with a man with bloody hands were a bit of a clue that she might not be too trustworthy lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Caught the premiere episode on YouTube.

What kind of an a-hole of a parent gives their kid a can of beer? No wonder Cassie's a blackout drunk now. The dad probably was one too.

My early guess is that the person who caused Sokolov's death--or was at least involved in it in some way--also contrived to set Cassie up to take the blame. And right now I'm iffy on Rosie Perez' character. I could see her having it in for Cassie though putting a murder charge on her would seem extreme.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. This series definitely one and done though, right? The producers aren't going to try to cliffhanger their way into a second season I hope.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What kind of an a-hole of a parent gives their kid a can of beer? No wonder Cassie's a blackout drunk now. The dad probably was one too.

I’m from the south and I’ve heard stories (mostly from guys) that their first taste of beer was on hunting trips. I suppose that could be the case if her dad treated her the same as a son. It’s entirely possible alcoholism runs in the family too. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 11/22/2020 at 9:15 PM, Angeleyes said:

I’m from the south and I’ve heard stories (mostly from guys) that their first taste of beer was on hunting trips. I suppose that could be the case if her dad treated her the same as a son. It’s entirely possible alcoholism runs in the family too. 

Plus Cassie has this thing about rescuing animals and her father taking her hunting might explain that especially if she hated it but didn’t want to disappoint her father.  Add having a couple beers and you most definitely have a possible alcoholic even if dad isn’t one.

I am really enjoying this.  KC is mostly known as a comedy actress.  I know her from BBT (of course) and her earlier works “Ten Simple Rules For Dating My Teenager  Daughter.” Where she played opposite John Ritter until his untimely death.    I believe she was also on the final season of the OG Charmed and she did VO for Harley Quinn.   One of the good things about having so much money from BBT is that you can pick and chose what you are in.   This is a perfect representation of her talents.....the hot blonde party girl who gets In over her head after a night of drunken debauchery. 

Plus I really do like these kinds of shows.   

“I didn’t kill you. I am not that kind of drunk.”  Its going to be fun watching Cassie talk to/try to ignore dead Alex.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

I didn't really know what to expect from this show so it was a bit of an abrupt turn when the show spent most of the episode being a silly funny travel adventure and then took a sharp left to BLOODY MURDER.

I enjoyed it though so I'll keep watching (partly because I want to know who killed Daario and partly because there is a dearth of new tv available these days).

To me, Kaley Cuoco will always be flashback Angela on My So-Called Life so every time I see that she's on a new show, I start reminiscing about Jordan Catalano.

• Love 5
On 12/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, lovinbob said:

This is the only thing I've seen Kaley Cuoco in since 8 Simple Rules. She reminds me of Jennifer Aniston, to the point it seemed like she was doing an impression of her. 

I haven't seen her in anything, but she reminds me of Goldie Hawn in Foul Play (an AWESOME movie).

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 5:09 AM, lovinbob said:

This is the only thing I've seen Kaley Cuoco in since 8 Simple Rules. She reminds me of Jennifer Aniston, to the point it seemed like she was doing an impression of her. 

Yes. This was actually kind of like a very fucked up episode of Friends called "The One Where Rachel Wakes Up Next To Dead Ross in Bangkok".

I have NO IDEA how the FBI agents don't just arrest her now she's so obviously hiding something but what the hell, I'm in for a couple more episodes.

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX
  • LOL 7
On 11/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, Chaos Theory said:

One of the good things about having so much money from BBT is that you can pick and chose what you are in.  

To some degree. I mean, she gets to pick and choose from among those projects that would consider her for a role. I saw this first episode as a chance for her to demonstrate her ability to do more drama than the occasional moments seen on TBBT. But the lather-rinse-repeat style of exposition got a little boring after awhile.

Still, I’ll watch another episode. 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I didn't really know what to expect from this show so it was a bit of an abrupt turn when the show spent most of the episode being a silly funny travel adventure and then took a sharp left to BLOODY MURDER.

Heh, especially since it’s Kaley Cuoco, right?

Have you ever seen Nurse Betty? Back when there were video stores, my middle school daughter and I picked it out thinking it was a light romcom. A few minutes in

Spoiler

the lead character’s husband gets graphically scalped.

I think I’m still traumatized. At least this had the bloody corpse become less bloody and develop a sense of humor. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

To some degree. I mean, she gets to pick and choose from among those projects that would consider her for a role.

Kaley bought the rights to the book and executive-produced the show, so she does get to pick and choose (and create) what she wants.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I just found this show, having just started looking through HBO Go, and I really liked this episode. I pretty much had no clue what this show was going to be, but I was legit shocked when Cassie woke up and the guy she hooked up with was dead and covered in blood. So we have a thriller plot with some darkly comedic elements (especially Cassie's imagined talks with dead Alex) which I am already liking a lot. It seems like this will be a lot of fun, I love watching a show where I have no idea where its going. 

I thought Kaley Cuoco was really good, its nice to see her stretch her acting chops after years on The Big Bang Theory. She was also the executive producer and even got the rights to the book that this is based on, so this is probably something she is really passionate about, and you can tell that she is really giving it her all. The supporting cast and characters are all promising as well, although with this being a thriller with a possible conspiracy involved, I am really suspicious of just about everyone. Especially her lawyer friend, who seems helpful and has good advice for Cassie, especially considering how bad this all looks for her, but her meeting with a guy with blood all over her hands certainly makes me think she might be up to no good. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I just found this show, having just started looking through HBO Go, and I really liked this episode. I pretty much had no clue what this show was going to be, but I was legit shocked when Cassie woke up and the guy she hooked up with was dead and covered in blood. So we have a thriller plot with some darkly comedic elements (especially Cassie's imagined talks with dead Alex) which I am already liking a lot. It seems like this will be a lot of fun, I love watching a show where I have no idea where its going. 

I thought Kaley Cuoco was really good, its nice to see her stretch her acting chops after years on The Big Bang Theory. She was also the executive producer and even got the rights to the book that this is based on, so this is probably something she is really passionate about, and you can tell that she is really giving it her all. The supporting cast and characters are all promising as well, although with this being a thriller with a possible conspiracy involved, I am really suspicious of just about everyone. Especially her lawyer friend, who seems helpful and has good advice for Cassie, especially considering how bad this all looks for her, but her meeting with a guy with blood all over her hands certainly makes me think she might be up to no good. 

I just watched this over the past week since my daughter and son-in-law set me up with HBO Max. 🙏♥️

From everything you posted here, @tennisgurl, I am confident that you will enjoy it.
And it's only 8 episodes. 
I liked it. It might not win any awards, but it's well done.

• Love 2

It's very smart of Cuoco to have used her BBT money to find a project that shows her in a new light. Otherwise, what's her future? Playing sitcom moms until she's shunted into playing sitcom grandmothers?

QQQQ: Yes, I thought of Goldie Hawn in FOUL PLAY, too. (Dudley Moore was not well-known at the time, but he was the funniest thing in the movie.) It's partly the hairstyle, which is very similar to the one Hawn had in that movie and, earlier, in THERE'S A GIRL IN MY SOUP.

Edited by wendyg
  • Love 3
(edited)

Cassie: "Oh my god, there was somebody else there."

*blurry image of a woman on screen*

Me: "Oh there is Michelle Gomez!"

If they wanted that to remain a mystery till next episode they should have cast a less distinctive looking woman.. I'd recognise her at 3 pixels resolution.

This is going to be fun, once she comes into the picture. I mean it's fun already, but a lot more fun.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:16 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

What kind of an a-hole of a parent gives their kid a can of beer?

*laughs in german*

Edited by Zonk
  • LOL 5