Type keyword(s) to search

S04.07: The Group A Finals - The Masked Frontier

• Start Topic

It would have been hilarious if the Snow Owls were in fact Rhea Perlman and DeVito and being in the egg was the show's way of masking their heights. I do believe that couple got divorced, though. And neither is known for their singing as far as I know.

When Clint & Lisa sang that last song, it was pretty clear that it was him.  I recognized his voice with that song.  I didn't know that Lisa could sing though!  I lost track of this couple a long time ago.  I never read anything about them anymore.  Rhea & Danny was a guess so far out in left field that I didn't know if Ken was serious or not with that guess!   

• Love 1

I've only heard Clint Black a couple of times, but it wasn't until last night that I was sure it was him. I don't think there's anything especially unique about his voice but for some reason it stuck out to me.

I love me some Janis, I will have to listen to Sun again to be sure what I think about that version.

Love the show still!

All I knew before last night, is that one or both of the snow owls was a country act. In last night’s clue package, I saw a space shuttle. I zeroed in on “Houston.” Being from Houston, I know Lisa Hartman is also from here. She was at least kind of popular in the 80s, so the local news did some stories on her back in the day, and doubly so when she married Clint Black. So that was my guess. Based on one random item I saw last night. That wasn’t even mentioned. I’m kind of proud of myself for this one. I generally get only one singer right each season. If I’m right on Popcorn (Taylor Dane), I’ll have two this season. 

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I don't think there's anything especially unique about his voice but for some reason it stuck out to me.

There's a certain "twang" about it, and that's the first time I've noticed it on this show. 

6 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

In last night’s clue package, I saw a space shuttle. I zeroed in on “Houston.”

That was pretty smart on your part!  I saw the shuttle and thought about my hometown that is located just miles from the Kennedy Space Center, so I was thinking about that area.  I had no good guesses based on that clue, but I don't know much about Lisa either.  Their costumes were so pretty too.  I always thought they were a cute couple.  Glad to see that they're still together after all of these years. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Meedis said:

The Sun is definitely not Katharine McPhee as she's currently pregos.

But the show was taped a few months ago, I believe, so she could still have done it.  This week was the first time that I thought I heard her in The Sun.  

22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But the show was taped a few months ago, I believe, so she could still have done it.  This week was the first time that I thought I heard her in The Sun.  

I forgot about that.  🙂

I was getting LeAnn Rimes vibes from the Sun's last performance.

10 hours ago, theatremouse said:

None of Ken's guesses are ever serious anymore.

This is the first season that I've watched the show, and although I generally like Ken Jeong, he can be a bit of a buffoon on this show and I find him annoying.  I tend to FF through the judges comments anyway.  Maybe I just need to see that Ken's there for the comic relief and will blurt out anything and make off-the-wall guesses on purpose.  I can deal with that!  🙂 

I'm tired of the show making Ken out to be a buffoon all the time, it's not necessary.

I originally thought the snow angels were Vince Gill and Amy Grant, mainly because I didn't think Lisa Hartman was that good a singer. But when they stepped out of the egg I knew there was no way that was Vince Gill, he's much taller than Clint Black.

I was getting a Leann Rimes vibe from the sun also.  

I feel like I'm going to be kicking myself when popcorn is unmasked because the voice is just recognizable enough to make me think I should recognize it.  I am leaning towards Taylor Dane, but not convinced.

I mentioned it in the live thread but during The Sun's clue package while her "friend" was talking they showed a framed photo of the Northern Lights. LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian had their affair and got together while filming a movie called Northern Lights. Also, and again, The Sun sounds exactly like LeAnn Rimes. The other names that keep getting mentioned don't have that clear country accent when they sing. There is literally a video of LeAnn on a tour bus signing that Lizzo song from week one and it sounds identical to her performance on this show. 

I had pegged the Snow Owls several weeks ago. It's not that any one clue jumped out but there are only so many couples in country music and because there were two voices, I was able to knock people out of the running. The male owl wasn't as smooth as Vince Gill for example or the female owl has a softer tone than Trisha Yearwood. Once I had it down to a couple of couples, (I had it down to Faith & Tim and Clint & Lisa) you start hearing Clint jump out. His voice is older. I'm so happy they did this show. Lisa Hartman Black sounded incredible and I'm so glad she had an opportunity to have a moment like that where everyone got to be reminded of how talented she is.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, vibeology said:

Lisa Hartman Black sounded incredible

Her voice seemed stronger and jumped out to me during their songs. Wasn't aware she was such a gifted singer. Nice surprise they participated.

Very much enjoying the creativity and detail on the costumes.

• Love 1