Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Are You Done Yelling?

• Start Topic

On 11/2/2020 at 5:21 AM, ExMathMajor said:

I tried to learn Arabic myself a few years back, partially because I had students from the Middle East and partially because I'd read a long time ago that the only way the Qu'ran could truly be appreciated was in its native language and I was like: is that a dare? 😆  Today, I can say "hello", "peace be with you", "thank you", and some basic food items on a menu.

I grew up in Libya and I remember Arabic for "tomorrow" and "a little bit".  I'm sure we could have somewhat of a conversation haha!

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So, do these people get paid for every show?   Maybe Summeat and Jenny are banking on a spin off?  Even if the American gets $1000 per show, that’s 4K a month.  

Anyone else cringe at Sumit’s conversation with his dad....it was like he was just waiting for his dad to say “you don’t have to pay me back” or “take all the time you need to pay me back.”   Didn’t happen.  

LOL, Sumit's father had to borrow from friends, family and a bank.  

If Sumit's dad had just liquidated a 401k or drained a savings account I MIGHT understand that.  But, I don't think his father would have borrowed if he had the money to give, and he certainly wouldn't have taken out a loan (with interest) from a bank if he had it.  If Sumit stiffs his father, he stiffs his father's family and friends and leaves his dad accumulating interest.  

Sumit is shitty, but if he seriously thought he didn't have to pay his dad back I think he'd be the ultimate shit.  

Sumit can say all he wants that his parents forced him, but I don't see how they could have physically forced him to marry.  They could keep he and Jenny from marrying, but even many conservative cultures allow for the children to reject a suitor.  So, his argument that he is in no way responsible kinda falls flat with me.  

If each person is paid 1k per episode and this is the 18th episode, they should have made about 36k by now and should each bank a couple more g's for the season.  They need to pay his dad back, first thing.  I KNOW that parents Sumit didn't agree to be on the show without getting paid, but Jenny and Sumit should let his parents keep their money since I think his dad drained his account go get Sumit a lawyer.  

I was also unclear if Sumit as ordered to pay 20k in US dollars or the currency in India.  

7 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I grew up in Libya and I remember Arabic for "tomorrow" and "a little bit".  I'm sure we could have somewhat of a conversation haha!

I think "a little bit tomorrow" is a great conversational piece.  You could use it for exercise, dessert or sex!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

LOL, Sumit's father had to borrow from friends, family and a bank.  

If Sumit's dad had just liquidated a 401k or drained a savings account I MIGHT understand that.  But, I don't think his father would have borrowed if he had the money to give, and he certainly wouldn't have taken out a loan (with interest) from a bank if he had it.  If Sumit stiffs his father, he stiffs his father's family and friends and leaves his dad accumulating interest.  

Sumit is shitty, but if he seriously thought he didn't have to pay his dad back I think he'd be the ultimate shit.  

Sumit can say all he wants that his parents forced him, but I don't see how they could have physically forced him to marry.  They could keep he and Jenny from marrying, but even many conservative cultures allow for the children to reject a suitor.  So, his argument that he is in no way responsible kinda falls flat with me.  

If each person is paid 1k per episode and this is the 18th episode, they should have made about 36k by now and should each bank a couple more g's for the season.  They need to pay his dad back, first thing.  I KNOW that parents Sumit didn't agree to be on the show without getting paid, but Jenny and Sumit should let his parents keep their money since I think his dad drained his account go get Sumit a lawyer.  

I was also unclear if Sumit as ordered to pay 20k in US dollars or the currency in India.  

I think "a little bit tomorrow" is a great conversational piece.  You could use it for exercise, dessert or sex!

Oh for sure he’s a shit.  
I just may or may not have been 19 once and owed my parents $900 and had the same shameful, hopeful, beaten-down pauses in my conversations with them, hoping they’d say I didn’t have to pay it back. I recognize those pauses and sad looks from Sumit! 
They didn’t, so I paid it back, and I am 49 now lol.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Man, these couples have been giving me a headache every week. Brittany just needs to leave Yazan alone. Talk about mismatch! 🙄 Melyza and Tim are borrrrring 🥱 and even her eyes say “I’m bored” 😂. The other couples are super weird - Deavan & Jihoon; Jenny & Summit. Here’s my opinion on some of them:

Deavan and Jihoon: I don’t believe Jihoon cheated. Deavan’s just looking to pick a fight. I think it’s ridiculous when women get mad at men cause they don’t always use their pictures or thoughts of them while masturbating. That’s so stupid.

I think she’s just looking for ANY excuse to leave him!! Which we already know she did leave him and this was probably why!! She’s a skank! 

Ari and Biniyam: I totally understand her position, he is throwing so much at her when she is still in lots of pain from the C-section and hormones shredding. 

Them together, great.  Them in a situation where she newly lives in Ethiopia and is learning a whole new culture, added with the pressure of being newly married and co-habitating, and the pressure of an infant... I mean any one of those things can be overwhelming - happening all at once would be enough to break someone.  

Always remember that people behave in unusual ways when they are filled with stress and anxiety.  For Ariela, that seems to especially apply. I’m sure they are both great people, but I’m betting she feels completely overwhelmed and is clinging to what control she still feels she has. 

Kenny and Armando: I would love to say they’d make it in Mexico, but sadly no.  Kenny not learning the language will be part of it.   Kenny is used to the easy way from the states.  Mexico is a whole different league for them to marry and such. 

Cheesedick Tim and Melyza: Why would Tim even think about telling his mother who cheated on who. I never let my parents in that part of my life, and my parents never talked to me about theirs. What is wrong with these people putting it on the street?

This couple is doomed. I can't even imagine them being married for a lifetime...OMG 😲

• Love 5

This group may have the most childish participants ever. 

Jihoon may win the honor of most childish, but Deaven isn't doing much better.  I cannot believe how disloyal to Jihoon she has become.  I guess it is also a control issue.  She certainly doesn't want him selling stolen phones, but talking to his friends about the pictures on his phone is really off the charts.  Who meets people for the first time and starts a conversation like that?

I think Sumit and Jenny are both childish.  I call it a tie between them.  I don't think Sumit will marry Jenny, and I wish his parents would call his bluff and spring for a wedding.  He needs to repay his father.  I guess the marriage really was not a happy one for Sumit because I cannot see a father borrowing so much money to get a child out of a marriage unless it was abusive or the person was just deeply unhappy.  I know Sumit's dad wouldn't pay just so Sumit can marry a person he---the dad --disapprove of.  Jenny just appalls me in every way.

Are Ari and Bini actually married.  What they have in common other than a period of being in lust and the resultant infant eludes me.

Armando seems the only adult on the show so far.  I started out liking Kenny, but he is starting to seem a bit petulant.

No words for the Cheetofactory cheese stick and Mayleza.  I guess they deserve each other.  Free the cat!!

I am sure I forgot one of the couples, but the timer has rung to tell me the BBQ chicken and mashed potatoes are about  ready.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

They have always referred to the 20,000 as “dollars” 

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

Are Ari and Bini actually married

I don’t think so, Ari still refers to him as her “boyfriend” and we haven’t seen anything about a wedding. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Oh for sure he’s a shit.

Jenny is too! She retired way too early and was living on her daughter's couch.

Deavens's first clue should have been the monogrammed jerk rag Jihoon had clipped to his belt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
52 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

7:30 in the morning, and I'm already regretting visiting the urban dictionary for a definition.

Me, too, although I guess it should have been obvious what it was without checking.  And I was eating.  Bleech.

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don’t think so, Ari still refers to him as her “boyfriend” and we haven’t seen anything about a wedding. 

which makes me wonder about why they are on the show at all.   I watch the episodes and erase them so I do start to forget stuff about the couples and what happened in what episode.  I think I did better when I did the live chats.  There seems to be little, if any, talk of a wedding or some kind of visa to give her some kind of resident status there.   It's just like she wanted to go over there to have her baby, but not much planning after the child arrives.

12 hours ago, magemaud said:

They have always referred to the 20,000 as “dollars” 

I think it is US dollars, but I wish they would say that.  $20k in American dollars is 1, 489, 894. 33 rupees which sounds much worse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I guess it never occurred to Kenny to learn a little bit of Spanish on his long drive to Mexico? It’s not like Truffles, who is barely alive at this point, needed Kenny’s unwavering attention.

A number of years ago, I loaned my son some money for a down payment for a house. I told him it’s interest free but he’d need to pay me back when he sold the house because it would make it easier to ask me for a loan the next time he needed one. He sold the house and paid me back without me having to mention it. What are the odds that Sumit ever repays his father?

• Love 4
On 11/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Honey said:

I can't believe Brit called Yazan selfish.  Really? Are you fucking kidding me?  He has lost everything because of her, his family, his job, and his self respect.  I feel so bad for him, because I have a feeling that he's already slept with her.  She's kind of hinted at it a few times.  I wish she would just leave him the hell alone, stupid bitch.

I added for him: "And quite possibly my mortal life!" I cannot STAND Brittany, girl is not even remotely all that. And apparently, they were out of her size when she went swimsuit shopping.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2020 at 8:22 AM, AZChristian said:
On 11/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, RealReality said:

I wonder how many (or how few) people in his circle of acquaintances are following the TV show, though

Anyone with VPN can view it online, and i'm sure they are. What on earth does Yazan see in this bossy drip with all that gross stringy hair?

• Love 1

I’m just now watching and just skipping to pillow talk. I had to laugh when Jenny asked if they will go directly from lawyer to get declaration of marriage and Summit looked like a deer in the headlights. Then he says we “ we need to figure out each and every point” which is a very common expression used by scammers in India call centers.  

• LOL 7
On 11/6/2020 at 6:08 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Jenny is too! She retired way too early and was living on her daughter's couch.

Jenny was likely "retired" or let go because of her toddler behavior. She is of an age where premature dementia is a possibility; her crying and yelling and whining would not work in the hospitality industry. Also, although I love the Indian clothing she wears and it looks great on her, almost everyone around her is seen in Western garb. I wonder why?

• Love 4