Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Are You Done Yelling?

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I kinda love it when parents have their kid's numbers and call them out on their shit.  Brittany's hot dad (Gregory?) is not of that ilk.  Her mom seems to enable her bad behavior as well.

I regularly tell my sons that if their momma can’t tell them the truth, nobody can. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Kid said:

considering that Britney is a grinning skank

Seriously, she is a bit of a skank but worse than that, she is stupid.  Is that the hill Yazan is willing to die on?  I just don't get their fierce determination to be together when there is no "there" there.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Re thought about my words.
  • Love 14

Why are we not talking about Jihoon's friend with the sunglasses?  HE looks like a fun person.

When I meet people for the first time the first thing I do is corner them and tell them all sorts of shitty things about their friend then ask them to join in with the shit talk and then wonder why they do not like me.

Men have naked pictures on their phones, they are visual people, Dr. Ruth said, (if you are in a committed relationship)"It doesn't matter where you get your appetite just as long as you eat at home."  Deaven is insecure, she photo shops her own photos, for all she knows those photos on Jihoon's phone could have been of her, lol.  

Deavan told Jihoon to not take money from his parents anymore because it was their responsibility to take care of their own bills, what is she doing to help with them, shadowing Jihoon at work and shit talking about him to his customer?  

Jenny and Sumit, just ugh.  They are now both in the hole to repay a chunk of money to Sumit's father and the first thing he says about getting a job is the Jenny does not want to be home alone.  Why is that a thing with these people, not a pot to piss in yet they do not want their partner to leave their apartment to make a living, what kind of pretzel logic is that?  How do these people ever get from point A to point B in life?

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why are we not talking about Jihoon's friend with the sunglasses?  HE looks like a fun person.

When I meet people for the first time the first thing I do is corner them and tell them all sorts of shitty things about their friend then ask them to join in with the shit talk and then wonder why they do not like me.

Men have naked pictures on their phones, they are visual people, Dr. Ruth said, (if you are in a committed relationship)"It doesn't matter where you get your appetite just as long as you eat at home."  Deaven is insecure, she photo shops her own photos, for all she knows those photos on Jihoon's phone could have been of her, lol.  

Deavan told Jihoon to not take money from his parents anymore because it was their responsibility to take care of their own bills, what is she doing to help with them, shadowing Jihoon at work and shit talking about him to his customer?  

Jenny and Sumit, just ugh.  They are now both in the hole to repay a chunk of money to Sumit's father and the first thing he says about getting a job is the Jenny does not want to be home alone.  Why is that a thing with these people, not a pot to piss in yet they do not want their partner to leave their apartment to make a living, what kind of pretzel logic is that?  How do these people ever get from point A to point B in life?

Yeah, jihoon's friend with the glasses looks like he'd either be super fun or super scary to hang out with.  Like you'd really see the South Korea that they aren't putting in the travel brochures.  

I am completely confused about Devan's strategy, does Jihoon get off on being humiliated in front of people?  Who cares if Jihoon was always shitty with money, like literally, who gives a shit, YOU'RE ALREADY MARRIED TO HIM AND HAVE A CHILD WITH HIM!  The time to ask these questions was before you had sex with him without any birth control, not after you married him.  At this point you're stuck, so just make the best out of a bad situation.  

Jenny, as is par for the course, has not thought a single thing through.  She has known, from the jump that like no one approves of this relationship for multiple reasons.  Does she really think the wives of Sumit's friends are going to be cool with the fact that Jenny disrespected his parents and cheated on his wife?  Is this the type of society where you think the wives aren't going to side eye Jenny for that?  A LOT of people in the US, myself included, would give Jenny a little side eye too, even though she wasn't the one who was married.  Jenny spent months on her daughter's couch and didn't bother to learn conversational Hindi?  Jenny doesn't want to be on the auntie circuit, but at her age, those women are her peers, not the young women married to Sumit's friends.  

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Seriously, she is a bit of a skank but worse than that, she is stupid.  Is that the hill Yazan is willing to die on?  I just don't get their fierce determination to be together when there is no "there" there.

I truly think its sex mistaken as love for Yazan.  

I'd bet that back in the Victorian Era, many men thought they were in love when they caught a glimpse of a woman's ankle or got close enough to touch her hair.  

Yazan has serious anger issues, but I feel bad for him because Brittney's only goal in life is to get on TV and expose as much of herself as possible to a national audience.  

• Love 10

Honor killings in Jordan are a real thing, even today.  Normally, it is daughters (or daughters-in-law) who are killed, but it is not unheard of for sons to be killed for causing disgrace to a family.  Brittany is not only endangering Yazan's life - she is endangering her own.  She's in this for the drama and the TV exposure . . . but Yazan's father seems to be totally serious in his convictions; he ain't playing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Honor killings in Jordan are a real thing, even today.  Normally, it is daughters (or daughters-in-law) who are killed, but it is not unheard of for sons to be killed for causing disgrace to a family.  Brittany is not only endangering Yazan's life - she is endangering her own.  She's in this for the drama and the TV exposure . . . but Yazan's father seems to be totally serious in his convictions; he ain't playing.

And how does TLC/Sharp absolve themselves from this?  I know they're "just filming a reality show" but at what point do they say to Brittany "Yeah, you might want to reconsider your Loud Entitled American act because that shit could get Yazan and/or YOU killed."?  SOMEONE from production has to consider the danger here, right?  I'm sure their storyline is faker than fake, but damn, the real repercussions are too much for even a fake romance.  

• Love 14
Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

And how does TLC/Sharp absolve themselves from this?  I know they're "just filming a reality show" but at what point do they say to Brittany "Yeah, you might want to reconsider your Loud Entitled American act because that shit could get Yazan and/or YOU killed."?  SOMEONE from production has to consider the danger here, right?  I'm sure their storyline is faker than fake, but damn, the real repercussions are too much for even a fake romance.  

They should pull them from the franchise.  If Brittany is THAT stupid, she doesn't deserve even 15 minutes of fame.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They should pull them from the franchise.  If Brittany is THAT stupid, she doesn't deserve even 15 minutes of fame.

They should never have aired that segment.    It is just going to stir everything up again, especially the divorce thing and Yazam will be humiliated again.  

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah, if there is one person who is absolutely not in on a reality show conspiracy, its Yazan's father.  That man's anger and conviction are very real.  I'm just hoping that he is taking advantage of a camera crew and television exposure to talk big shit so that people will stop gossiping about his family and will believe that he does not endorse Brittney is any way.  

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm just hoping that he is taking advantage of a camera crew and television exposure to talk big shit so that people will stop gossiping about his family and will believe that he does not endorse Brittney is any way.  

I wonder how many (or how few) people in his circle of acquaintances are following the TV show, though.  Maybe they're only seeing the ongoing daily pictures of nearly nude photos.  And it seems that the equally unclad friend is the one who will be meeting up with Brittany in Jordan the day after she arrives.  Yeah, Brit - let's endanger someone else's life.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I was on the YouTube channel of a person who discusses reality TV (mainly on Bravo) and I brought this up.  What will happen if someone gets killed because of what was shown on reality TV?  Probably nothing, but the genre will have to clean itself up for sure.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder how many (or how few) people in his circle of acquaintances are following the TV show, though.  Maybe they're only seeing the ongoing daily pictures of nearly nude photos.  And it seems that the equally unclad friend is the one who will be meeting up with Brittany in Jordan the day after she arrives.  Yeah, Brit - let's endanger someone else's life.

Two single, unmarried women roaming around in a conservative, patriarchal country with near nude pictures on social media being "protected" by a man whose own dad may want to murder him.  What could possibly go wrong?

Her friend seems more intelligent, so I'm hoping she will catch a clue and encourage Brittney to follow the rules.  I feel sorry for Brittney's friend, she should have someone in her life who cares enough about her to be worried for her safety and not want to see her go into this situation with a dimwitted fame whore. 

• Love 14

Is there no one in Brittney's life who can point out to her that it is unrealistic to think she can move to Jordan and continue her life as an entitled skank? Neither her father nor her mother seems to have pointed that out, and not Yazan's sister she knows, and not this new friend either? 

Or, now I'm suspecting that they all know it's unrealistic and that she never had any intention of moving there and marrying him. They're all in on the joke that this is a television stunt and nothing more, and maybe they think Yazan and his family are in on it just as much as they are. But it is clear they're not. And from Brittney's experience with the family, she knows they are not. Yet she continues with zero regard for what it means to Yazan. Such a terrible person.

Edited by Tango64
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, endure said:

We did see on a previous season where she went out on her own to use the internet and once to look for job.  

I remember when she went to the Internet Cafe and there were signs all over in ENGLISH. Before she retired, she worked at a resort. I'm sure she could get some kind of job in the tourist industry, like at a hotel, where she wouldn't necessarily need to know Hindi. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I remember when she went to the Internet Cafe and there were signs all over in ENGLISH. Before she retired, she worked at a resort. I'm sure she could get some kind of job in the tourist industry, like at a hotel, where she wouldn't necessarily need to know Hindi. 

I don't know, their place looks so messy.  How are they both home all day and the place is cluttery and junky?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

They are now both in the hole to repay a chunk of money to Sumit's father and the first thing he says about getting a job is the Jenny does not want to be home alone

Okay, Sumit doesn't want to go to work because Jenny would be home alone all day? If they're both home 24/7, what could they possibly DO? The sex couldn't be that time consuming! 

Just now, RealReality said:

How are they both home all day and the place is cluttery and junky?

and you're right, nobody seems to be cleaning or fixing up their love nest. All they did was paint a wall red to look like a crime scene

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't know, their place looks so messy.  How are they both home all day and the place is cluttery and junky?

When Sumit was talking about not working because Jenny gets lonely I looked at Mr. AZC and said, "Why did it not cross my mind these past 56 years that you should be staying home and keeping me company as your first priority?"

Oh yeah . . . roof over head, car, food, vacations.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, Neurochick said:

I don't think Bini called Ari a cutter.  He asked her why did she stop the cutting, I thought that meant the circumcision.

Spoiler

Ari does have a history with self harm, its discussed more in the couples thread.

Yes Bini was referencing the circumcision in that instance. 

2 hours ago, magemaud said:

She would need a work permit for that- which she doesn't have because she and Summit arent married (she isnt there on a spousal visa), as he is married to SOMEONE ELSE, so she is there on a tourist visa. 

• Useful 3
37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She would need a work permit for that- which she doesn't have because she and Summit arent married (she isnt there on a spousal visa), as he is married to SOMEONE ELSE, so she is there on a tourist visa. 

ah, I see, thanks. Sumit is now officially divorced and although he can't get his parents' approval to marry Jenny, I'll bet they tie the knot anyway. 

On 11/2/2020 at 6:21 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Further, the most commonly spoken language in India is-----English! She could navigate fine with English and a Hindi phrasebook. Sumit needs to get a job and Jenny needs to start adapting to the place she supposedly wants to make her home. 

English, Tamil, and Hindi are official languages of India but that doesn’t mean everyone speaks English or even that native Tamil and Hindi speakers understand one another. Most people have their family language as their first language and then learn English when they first go to school.  Not everyone has good schooling and language lapses when not used regularly. Jenny appears to live in a poorer neighborhood and may not find many English speakers. My friend’s mother is a well educated woman, but she is shy to speak English to me because over time she has lost the skill she once had.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2020 at 1:21 AM, Adeejay said:

Ari appeared to have lost a significant amount of weight in a short period of time.  I can understand why Bini was concerned about the baby not getting enough nutrition. Having given birth thrice, I am going to cut her some slack. It’s the hormones. Certain commercials used to make me cry. Truth be told, “The come back to Michigan” ad which is narrated by Tim Allen gets to me every time.

So, it’s unlawful for same sex couples to get married in Mexico, but it’s against the constitution to deny them the right?! Talk about confusing. 

I don’t understand why they feel the need to close caption Melyza.  She speaks better and clearer English than 75 percent of the Americans that are part of this franchise. 

The "Pure Michigan" ads were genius.  I loved every single one of them, but the one called "Summer Breeze" just transports me somewhere else.......

"It starts with a subtle wave, then builds into soft fingers, lifting sails and spirits.  Nothing makes us feel move alive than a Summer breeze, drifting with us on the water, chasing us through the trees, and playing along the whole day......"      Perfection.  

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I can't believe Brit called Yazan selfish.  Really? Are you fucking kidding me?  He has lost everything because of her, his family, his job, and his self respect.  I feel so bad for him, because I have a feeling that he's already slept with her.  She's kind of hinted at it a few times.  I wish she would just leave him the hell alone, stupid bitch.

The only ones I care about are Jenny and Sumit.  I really think they do love each other.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

It would also depend on where she is. They're not living in the same area as before. Many Indians speak English, but there still large pockets in which people do not.

She won't be able to work in India at all unless she married Sumit. She's there as a tourist. Unless she works under the table she's not getting a job. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

At this point I don't even believe that Sumit intends to marry Jenny. He's conning her, for her meager Social Security check, which will go considerably further in India than it will in California.

And will continue coming each month until she dies or until her death would be reported to the SSA. I guess I'm thinking that will probably not happen!

• Love 4
On 11/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

Other than the death threat, this episode was super boring. Next week’s first look is up and the 37 minutes were more interesting than anything that happened on last night’s episode. 

OMG it is so wrong I laughed out loud at that.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:01 PM, greekmom said:

If Papa Sumit was smart he would tell Sumit that AFTER he pays him back the $20K he might consider giving his permission for Jenny to marry Sumit. Seriously, by the time Sumit pays him back he may rethink his decision.

If PapaSumit waits until after Sumit pays him back, Jenny may be dead of old age.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

“What have you done for ME lately?”  Said Britney.

“I’ve only gotten sexxxx X number of times since I got here” said Angela.

”you have to stay home to keep me company.” Said Jenny.

”you have to stay home to keep me company.” Said Ari.

these American women are an embarrassment to the rest of us.   I guess by man-hunting overseas, they think they can get away with their self centered demands.  We see you.

• Love 17

It’s ridiculous that these women in relationships with foreigners never want them to work.  They act like they can’t survive if they can’t reach them by phone or see them 24/7.  If Sumit isn’t long-conning Jenny, she better get used to being alone because he has a hefty tab with mommy and daddy to repay. But of course he’s conning her. 

Now that she totally destroyed Yazan’s life, Brittany is going to do a fun farewell tour of Jordan with her girlfriend. If she thinks she’s going to prance around Jordan in her bikini, or even showing cleavage, she’s really completely brain dead.

Edited by nytonc
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, Honey said:

The only ones I care about are Jenny and Sumit.  I really think they do love each other.

I can't see their situation as anything more than a con. Every time Sumit gets into a position in which he and Jenny can move forward, some kind of obstacle appears that requires a significant amount of drama to bypass. Then they get past it in some way, but eventually, you run out of excuses/obstacles to put up and have to make a decision. And it just so happens when we get to that point that Sumit's parents say they will not approve. That gives him yet another opportunity to keep the con alive, keep Jenny around because it's not his fault that his parents dealt them this blow, and the con continues. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

She won't be able to work in India at all unless she married Sumit. She's there as a tourist. Unless she works under the table she's not getting a job. 

and if they don't get married, she has to return to the States, right? That's why I think they're going to go against his parents and elope. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Jihoon say he went to college?  I just cannot believe it, what did he major in, poor life decisions?

he has a Bachelors degree in "Reselling Stolen Cellphones" with a minor in "Clean Anal" 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

It’s ridiculous that these women in relationships with foreigners never want them to work.  They act like they can’t survive if they can’t reach them by phone or see them 24/7.  If Sumit isn’t long-conning Jenny, she better get used to being alone because he has a hefty tab with mommy and daddy to repay. But of course he’s conning her. 

Now that she totally destroyed Yazan’s life, Brittany is going to do a fun farewell tour of Jordan with her girlfriend. If she thinks she’s going to prance around Jordan in her bikini, or even showing cleavage, she’s really completely brain dead.

I hope part of her farewell tour includes Petra, that has been number one on my bucket list forever.

• Love 3

Yazan has brought shame to his family, the Father Yazan has seen the photos of Brittany showing her ass in a bikini and he is outraged...did we all notice how easily he can find that photo in his phone?  Did we notice how he whipped out his phone and pulled that photo up to show Brother Yazan...did we all notice how long they both stared longingly at that "porn?"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yazan has brought shame to his family, the Father Yazan has seen the photos of Brittany showing her ass in a bikini and he is outraged...did we all notice how easily he can find that photo in his phone?  Did we notice how he whipped out his phone and pulled that photo up to show Brother Yazan...did we all notice how long they both stared longingly at that "porn?"

Yeah, he "just happened" to find that Instagram page?  

Are his deeply religious friends following her on Instagram?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, Dirtybubble said:

I would agree but good LAWD not thirsty a$$ Tom and his sister....oof I can't stand these 2--love everybody else though

Agree.  I didn't realize how heavy Tom's sister is.  And he asked Darcy if she gained weight?  Good lord.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

and if they don't get married, she has to return to the States, right? That's why I think they're going to go against his parents and elope. 

Yep. The only way she can continue to stay is if she leaves and then returns to restart the 90 days. She still wouldn't be able to work, though.

Sumit's dad said that he would legally stop the marriage. Would an elopement in India be legal? Could it be contested?

I think Jenny can stay 6 months at a time, even though she has a 10 year visa.    So she has to leave for a day or so, every six months.  (However, Indian visas are very confusing to me, so that could be totally wrong).   

From what the attorney said (or a marriage official, don't remember which) not only can Sumit's parents refuse permission, I think he said the marriage intent announcement is published, so almost anyone can object to the marriage.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If that is the case, why does she have to fly all the way back to the states, why not go to a closer country, it might be a cheaper airline ticket.

I would presume if she does stay (especially if she didn't get a flight back due to covid) that what she is probably doing. Her options suck though, her choices of nearby countries are Pakistan, Bhutan, China, Indonesia, Bangladesh,  and Sri Lanka. It's not like Italy or France are close by. And she would have to do it cheaply via flight, bus or train. I wouldnt want to do bus or train in India. Have you seen how they pack those things?

Honestly, if I had to choose between freak in the sheets Somemeat and a flight back to the States due to covid. Screw Sumit, pick up a purple friend and get on that plane you idiot!!!!

• Love 7

I think Jenny's only coming to and from the U.S. for drama.    I think you can cross to Nepal, spend a couple of days, and come back legally, and restart the residency 6 months (or however long the period is). 

And the episode title "Are You Done Yelling?"   The answer is no one on this show is ever done yelling.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

Exactly.  It's a win win for PapaS.

We talked about cost of living awhile back and I looked it up again ( what an apartment costs) . Her SS will allow then to live pretty well. Plus property is expected to plunge in 2021.   She’s probably making payments to the in-laws.  Her man. 

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Jihoon say he went to college?  I just cannot believe it, what did he major in, poor life decisions?

LOL, he said they were his friends "from college" I'm guessing he dropped out when things got hard.  He has said, a few times now that he has no skills or education.  Truly a man child.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, albarino said:

Agree.  I didn't realize how heavy Tom's sister is.  And he asked Darcy if she gained weight?  Good lord.

It was pretty shocking.  I've known a few British people, and I don't think their insults would ever be so brash.  It would be more like a "read," like something that is said so politely and is such intricate wordplay that you don't realize that you've been insulted until a couple days after the fact.  

"Did you gain weight" is just so.....obvious.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, greekmom said:

I would presume if she does stay (especially if she didn't get a flight back due to covid) that what she is probably doing. Her options suck though, her choices of nearby countries are Pakistan, Bhutan, China, Indonesia, Bangladesh,  and Sri Lanka. It's not like Italy or France are close by. And she would have to do it cheaply via flight, bus or train. I wouldnt want to do bus or train in India. Have you seen how they pack those things?

I don't know--she might have to go back to her country of citizenship. I work at a university, and our international students have to go back to their home countries every year for visa reasons. We had one kid from Harbin, China, way, waaaay up near the Russian border. If he could have nipped off to Bermuda or the DR I'm sure he would have! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So, do these people get paid for every show?   Maybe Summeat and Jenny are banking on a spin off?  Even if the American gets $1000 per show, that’s 4K a month.  

Anyone else cringe at Sumit’s conversation with his dad....it was like he was just waiting for his dad to say “you don’t have to pay me back” or “take all the time you need to pay me back.”   Didn’t happen.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4