Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: BootayBag; Go Oats; Pooch Paper; P-nuff Crunch

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Guest shark Kendra Scott; a women's undergarment subscription service; an effortless approach to a classic breakfast meal; an eco-friendly alternative to collecting dog waste; a healthy take on a beloved snack food.

Bootay Bag-(women's underwear subscription service) Kendra Scott will be a great partner for her, and hopefully get the profits up with a manufacturing deal.  However, I personally wouldn't need a monthly shipment of new bras and panties, so the appeal of the product is zero to me.    If I order online, it's for a size or color of a product I know that fits, because I already tried the item locally.      There are others where you order what you want for bras, or sets of underwear, so what is the use of this service?    Unless you guarantee that the sizing, especially for bras, is consistent for each style.    Even with the same product line there can be variations.   

Go Oats-I have the feeling this will be the next big thing.   He's already is some Whole Foods, and I think soon we'll see his products in frozen food sections everywhere.   Barbara knows so much in the food space, I think she'll be a dynamite partner for him.     I love the seller's story.  

Pooch Paper-it will sell very well among the pet owners who want the latest thing for their pets.    I think Kevin will be a great partner for her.   However, I think in real life I would get very tired of her very quickly.

P-nuff Crunch-I really like the seller, even after he put his shirt back on, Yes, I'm a dirty old lady.    Sounds like a great product.   Since I live in the Peanut Capitol of the World, maybe we can persuade him to move here?    Good point, he had to develop his own manufacturing company, because of the contamination from peanut dust, and oils.    (People with severe peanut allergies are advised to detour around this area during harvest season).   Mark will be a fantastic partner for him, and I'm so glad he got a deal. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

The peanut butter things may be healthy and taste good but they don't look appetizing at all. They look like tiny turds to me

The pooch paper I agree with the shark who said the price point is too high. And you need a wastebasket right nearby.  If you're on a walk you carry it around like that until you're done?  

Go oats convenient but not sure how it's better than the breakfast bars. 

I know nothing about women's underwear so I don't know on that one. 

• Love 2

Just started watching....HHHAAAAATTTE underwear lady.  Hate her business, hate her story.  Seriously??? Shopping for underwear was her worst experience?  And that lingering lingerie lamentation was what spurred her to solve this horrible burden for all the other skinny 20-somethings?  Like many of the deals made on this show, I just don’t get the love for this product.  Aren’t there dozens of subscription and online bra and panty companies already?

(what the hell is Lori wearing?  It’s the ugly step sister dress to that pink Minnie Mouse bow infested monstrosity Sara Blakey wore)

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Just started watching....HHHAAAAATTTE underwear lady.  Hate her business, hate her story.  Seriously??? Shopping for underwear was her worst experience?  And that lingering lingerie lamentation was what spurred her to solve this horrible burden for all the other skinny 20-somethings?  Like many of the deals made on this show, I just don’t get the love for this product.  Aren’t there dozens of subscription and online bra and panty companies already?

(what the hell is Lori wearing?  It’s the ugly step sister dress to that pink Minnie Mouse bow infested monstrosity Sara Blakey wore)

I did think lori 's dress was weird and funny.  And I usually like her outfits

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

So, TMI, but I haven't worn panties since 3/22.  Going nowhere, so who gives a shit?

I haven't researched, but I thought her prices were good.   Is she all about the tiny girls or does she have real women size

• Love 2

The guest judges are driving me crazy this season. If I were on Shark Tank I wouldn't pick a guest judge. I would go with an original that is used to working with people from the tank and generally have a set up to help. I hope we have shows with just the originals soon.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zillabreeze said:

So, TMI, but I haven't worn panties since 3/22.  Going nowhere, so who gives a shit?

I haven't researched, but I thought her prices were good.   Is she all about the tiny girls or does she have real women size

I looked at her website. She gives a fit chart that only goes up to XL (12 -14).  

7 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

The underwear lady, her pictures and Instagram photos made it pretty obvious she isn't just for the skinny or small women

The Instagram comments state that she doesn’t stock the size of the larger models used in photos. Hopefully the addition of the Shark means that she actually will. Size 12/14 isn’t even the size of the average American woman. 

Edited by hula-la
Added the word “larger”.
  • Love 2
On 10/23/2020 at 6:45 PM, BusyOctober said:

Same. Hated her, her story and her product. I would never in a million years buy underwear online.

While I liked the oatmeal guy's product and would try it, I did not understand his comment after the segment that the other sharks missed out. Didn't Barbara give him an ultimatum that she had to consider only her offer and no others? I hate it when she does that. She and Mark seem to do it the most, and as a viewer I find it annoying. 

Speaking of Barbara, for a few years now she has advertised for a local real estate agent. I would imagine he must be paying a pretty penny for her endorsement. But he also has had some questionable real estate dealings that he has been called out on, so apparently Babs will endorse anyone for the right price. Not that that surprises me, but it does make her likely my least fav shark. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, Koalagirl said:

I looked at her website. She gives a fit chart that only goes up to XL (12 -14).  

I wish there was an eyeroll reaction emoji.

There are already several underwear subscription services, so she's not doing anything new. At a size 16-18 and a wearer of Hanes/Fruit of the Loom/Amazon cotton granny panties that I wear until they are falling apart (sorry, everyone), I'm definitely not her customer.

I loved the idea of Go Oats, and I immediately started calling them G'Oat Balls because I'm 12. They looked like they'd be good warmed up. Apple cinnamon would be tasty.

I also liked the P-Nuffs and would love to try the cocoa flavor. I cringed at the guy ripping his shirt after all the flexing. We get it, you're swole. Barbara and Kendra falling all over themselves was gross.

It was good to see a couple people/products on this episode that didn't already have millions in sales and weren't just on for the exposure.

• Love 5

What I hated about the underwear lady is that nothing she is shilling looks remotely comfortable or healthy. More synthetic crap. If anyone is looking for underwear that fits and lasts, I’d recommend TomboyX, a woman run company which makes astonishingly great underwear for women. 

I can get the idea of the pet pick up product but what people love about the plastic bags is that they can invert the bag and do the pick up, keeping their hands clean. I’m not seeing that as likely with the papers. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Typo
  • Love 3

I truly don’t understand the appeal of the underwear service. There was nothing special about her designs (and we learned that at first she was just selling other stores’ clearance underwear, so her standards can’t be that high), and I don’t know anyone who buys new underwear every month. All of her whining about the difficulty of underwear shopping was crazy to me. Widespread internet shopping for clothing (including lingerie) has existed for around 15 years. No one needs to go to stores and rummage through bins for sale items. You just point and click.  

She was very vague about her marketing, but my guess is she paid a bunch of influencers to shill for her, because organic viral Instagram marketing is very rare— especially when you aren’t selling anything unique. 

• Love 2
On 10/24/2020 at 4:17 AM, Koalagirl said:

Yep.  So much for all the talk about including all women.

• Love 2

I never heard of Kendra Scott before this episode.  I have heard of some of the other guest sharks (especially due to their bringing actors and athletes), and typically enjoy the comfort of watching sharks I know-especially the "originals."

It's always amusing to me to hear the sharks mention their "success" stories to try to influence the presenters.  Sure enough, Wicked Good Cupcakes and Lace and Grace were mentioned this episode.  It seems like the same small group of products continually get mentioned.  Of course, these companies are very successful and were good deals for the sharks, but I know there were other good deals that just don't get mentioned.

• Love 1

Kendra Scott does expensive jewelry, not Tiffany level expensive, but expensive for me.     She supplies earrings to the Outdaughtered wife, and they carry her earrings and other jewelry at the big department stores.    She really did a great job with promotions and marketing, and her jewelry is very nice.