Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Touch Up Cup, SparkCharge, Garma Guard, Rumpl

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

I like how they're having the cast, crew, and pitch people in the bubble at the Venetian. 

The Touchup Cup for paint is a great idea, and I think Blake will do very well with his investment.

Lori and Mark will be great partners for the "Roadie" portable smart charger.    I hope they can get a home unit for a better price. 

"Garma Guard" looks like a great product, and I hope Daymond or one of the other sharks helps them with advice.  Too bad they didn't get a deal, but I bet they do better going along the way they are now.   (By the way to search the product on Amazon, or online, you have to type the name as one word, GarmaGuard)  (I ordered some of this on AMazon this morning, they already shipped it.   I'm impressed.   I'm surprised it was still in stock, often the Shark Tank appearance means the product sells out quickly.   Sellers must be planning better for their appearance. ). 

"Rumpl" blankets looked nice for when you're stranded, but I bet they're too warm for home use.    And at $100 a pop for a single blanket, that's too much for me.  (There's a larger size, you don't even want to know what the price is on that one) I'm not surprised no one wanted to invest with him.   

Blake's company has done so much good, but I am skeptical about his newest venture.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Good to have the show back.

Garma Guard - I would definitely at least try it once. I always change my clothes once I get back from grocery shopping. I know it's probably overkill, but I just feel better. This would make me feel a bit better.

Touch Up Cup was good too. I groaned when they first walked in because some kids have been pretty annoying presenters, but this young man knew his stuff and wasn't trying to be cute and overly bubbly.

I kind of zoned out on the electric vehicle thing. I have no use for a $100 blanket. And as someone above said, Tom talks way too much.

• Love 3

I liked the touch up cup the best.  certainly could use that and have that problem

The electric car charger is a good idea but I agree with the others I hated their business model.  Monthly Rentals?  Why?  Would be much better if they just keep refining it for a home unit/portable unit and sell it.  

$100 sleeping bag from recycled stuff....good idea but I'll pass.  

the spray for your clothes, I would want to know more about what is in it and how they know its that effective.  ALso the name bugged me.  Just because there is an IVIG medical treatment called gammagard, different type of product but almost the same name, I kept mixing them up in my head.  

Good to have the show back though

• Love 3
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Touchup Cup for paint is a great idea, and I think Blake will do very well with his investment.

I wish the kid well, but I have a protein shaker that looks exactly like that with the stainless mixing sphere inside, and it costs about $4., so...

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

I wish the kid well, but I have a protein shaker that looks exactly like that with the stainless mixing sphere inside, and it costs about $4., so...

That was my thought, too.  I didn't like the label - paint can labels have a lot of nfo on them.  I thought it they cups were more modular, it would be easier to store them.  The kid was pretty impressive (especially since the dad threw him to the sharks, ha ha), but I did think he was a bit annoying.  I know, I'm a grump.

The clothes spray - isn't that just Febreeze?  I'm sure there are other similar products.

Car charger - seems like a good idea, but I also don't understand the appeal of a leasing model.  

Blanket - I have no idea about the market, but that seemed rather a high price.  I do like that it was made from plastic bottles (not sure if I heard that right, wasn't really paying too much attention).

No disrespect, but I really don't get the point of guest sharks who are there solely to hawk their own stuff.  At least this guy did actually start a company (not sure how successful it really is, I certainly have never bought those shoes and probably never will) unlike the sports guys they have on.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, mjc570 said:

The clothes spray - isn't that just Febreeze?  I'm sure there are other similar products.

The angle that they are going for is that it's germ-killing Febreeze.  They can't actually say that yet though because they don't have the certification yet.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2020 at 11:12 PM, mtlchick said:

Whenever I see Blake, I will always remember his season on the Amazing Race. 

Wait, when??

He annoyed me so much. Hey, did you know he owns Toms? I wish he would have mentioned that more. Geez. 

• Love 3
On 10/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, mjc570 said:

Blanket - I have no idea about the market, but that seemed rather a high price.  I do like that it was made from plastic bottles (not sure if I heard that right, wasn't really paying too much attention).

That price seemed pretty spendy to me, too.  I believe he said each blankie used 60 plastic bottles, I'm certainly "down" with that - pun intended.

I'm not a fan of the interlopers either, especially that insipid Bethany Frankel - I like my basic sharks.

• Love 1

The Garmaguard stuff seemed really dumb to me. It’s capitalizing off of people‘s general germaphobia, that is only more heightened now. Febreze claims to kill odor-causing bacteria and germs too, and Tide has an antibacterial spray too, so they’re competing with big names and companies- ones who already have FDA certifications that they don’t have yet. Not to mention, we’ve been learning more and more that people aren’t getting Covid-19 from dirty surfaces and fabrics— it’s mostly from air transmission of germs and saliva droplets. The cleaning makes people feel better, but it isn’t doing much. It’s what they call “hygiene theatre”. 

Edited by marny
  • Love 6

Since this was the premiere I would have really preferred that all the chairs were filled by the standard sharks rather than bring in a guest shark.  At least he seemed interested in actually, you know, investing as sometimes I feel like the guests don't really want to invest and are just there for exposure (like many of the pitches).

• Love 1

I lamented once again to my boyfriend how much I miss what this show used to be--actual worthwhile products that were made by entrepreneurs that needed real help to get off the ground. (I trotted out the story about the Tree-T-Pee farmer.) I started cursing at the "precocious" 15-year-old kid when he said his dumb paint blender bottle is in 4,000 stores. You don't need to be on Shark Tank if you're already in 4,000 stores! (To give you a sense of scale, there are 4,753 Walmart stores in the U.S.)

I also don't care about Tom's White Savior Shoes either. Meh!

We do have a hell of a time making fun of Lori's "cold-shoulder" outfits.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also liked that in the early seasons not every idea was a million (or multi-million) dollar idea...

On the CNBC repeats they run every night, they had Season 1 episodes this (last?) week - I missed the first couple but saw E3-5. It was a really different vibe back then.

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 1