Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Having way too much time on my hands, this is the info I found digging around these last couple of days

1) Sean was allegedly offered a car service to make his commute easier but refused

2) Davina allegedly offered to go to NJ several times but Sean said no

3)Sean was on probation for DUI while the show aired but failed his probation

4) Sean allegedly got on the show thanks to a producer

5) The cast was selected primarily through social media and it is not sure when the "science" of matching kicks in (that applies to both Season 1 and 2)

6) Ryans Douche allegedly exagerated his income and actually took the $100 and reacted out of embarassment.

That's all I got for the moment. I will continue digging....

While I love to hear about this show, could you reference your "digging" around resources, please?  This type of post, while interesting, is suspect to me because it's "hearsay."   

If you have given your references already, and I missed it, my apologies. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If there's anything I've learned from my 20+ years on the internet, it's that someone with something to hide would be more likely to keep a low profile online.  Sean's silence speaks for itself, and it doesn't say something good, IMHO.  Plus having run chat boards myself I think I'm pretty good at spotting trolls, impostors and grudge holders, and the people posting info. about Sean in other venues just don't act that way.  In fact, just the opposite.

I've run boards as well and I too am good at spotting trolls! Imagine that! We just seem to have widely divergent opinions on this...My point is, all I and everyone else has to go on is what we're presented with. And all we've been presented with in regards to Sean (so far at least) is what we've seen on the show. We can't draw conclusions on things he hasn't posted/said/done on social media, and there are many reasons someone may be silent on social media. None of what I'm saying is based on being a fan of Sean, I don't even particularly care about or even like Sean. 

And please note, I never said the anonymous sources were trolls or grudgeholders or anything other than...anonymous sources. And that I take all anonymous sources with a grain of salt. Not sure why that's a problem. I'd think that's more prudent than taking unnamed sources at face value. 

Edited by I-Kare
  • Love 2

And please note, I never said the anonymous sources were trolls or grudgeholders or anything other than...anonymous sources. And that I take all anonymous sources with a grain of salt. Not sure why that's a problem. I'd think that's more prudent than taking unnamed sources on face value. 

Fair enough, but I don't think I'm taking them purely on face value given that I don't think they present themselves like typical trolls, which is what they would have to be if they were lying.  Either they're telling the truth or they're not.  My gut says they probably are telling the truth (as they see it of course) given that they don't act like any trolls I've ever seen.  Of course how accurate they are is another issue, but I think they're telling what they actually know.  You prefer to remain skeptical.  If that works for you, that's great.  Not everyone likes to rely on intuition.  Mine serves me well so I tend to trust it, but it's your call as to what you trust.

I've been on a few other forums and noticed the trolls primarily serve to upset everyone including the cast. These sources seem to simply want to provide information and don't stick around too long for more than providing that info

I've run boards as well and I too am good at spotting trolls! Imagine that! We just seem to have widely divergent opinions on this...My point is, all I and everyone else has to go on is what we're presented with. And all we've been presented with in regards to Sean (so far at least) is what we've seen on the show. We can't draw conclusions on things he hasn't posted/said/done on social media, and there are many reasons someone may be silent on social media. None of what I'm saying is based on being a fan of Sean, I don't even particularly care about Sean.

OK you can doubt what you don't see but people see different things even on the same show.  What I've seen on the show is a man who let the experts AND Davina down by claiming he was all down with moving to Manhattan, but clearly was not on board with it, and instead of acting like a man and owning up to it, he wimped out and went along with the process anyway just to "save face".  Hey if he didn't like the situation he could have backed out.  Even if the producers pushed him to continue on, he could have insisted on being more honest about it.  Ryan Ranellone had no problem whining incessantly about how he wasn't sure he could handle the distance issues, so there's no reason he couldn't have done it.  In the process he strung Davina AND the viewers along thinking there was a chance he would become serious about the relationship when it's obvious to me that he couldn't possibly.  I also think it would be highly doubtful that he did not know he would be getting this promotion long before that moment he sprung it on Davina.  I know BS when I see it and I've already seen enough to know that Sean is full of it up to his eyeballs.  Still, if you prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt in spite of all of that, go right ahead.

• Love 2

I've given up on this season as I only care about Jaclyn at this point. Not even sure if I'll bother watching what's left but will say I've really enjoyed hanging out with everyone on this thread. Its been fun talking about this crazy show. I'll see y'all in the Australian thread when it gets going!

• Love 2
(edited)

While I love to hear about this show, could you reference your "digging" around resources, please?  This type of post, while interesting, is suspect to me because it's "hearsay."   

If you have given your references already, and I missed it, my apologies. 

On facebook, there is a MAFS fan group where they dish the dirt. There is allegedly another group where Chris (Davina's friend) and other cast mates are members but I haven't received the invite. And I have no reason to make this up. You are free to no read my post if you don't believe me.  This is a message board, not a thesis, I have no obligation to provide sources to my posts; last time I'll entertain such comments. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 5

On facebook, there is a MAFS fan group where they dish the dirt. There is allegedly another group where Chris (Davina's friend) and other cast mates are members but I haven't received the invite. And I have no reason to make this up. You are free to no read my post if you don't believe me.  This is a message board, not a thesis, I have no obligation to provide sources to my posts; last time I'll entertain such comments. 

you can get a lot off Facebook.  That's where I figured out last week that Jessica and Ryan had split. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, my apologies.  I just wondered where you had read all of this.  I look for stuff but am never able to find it.  That's why I ask. I didn't mean YOU were making it up, just wondered how you had found it.

Thanks for telling me about FB fan group.  

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 3
(edited)

Actually, I'm at work and probably shouldn't be trying to read and post because I don't have the time to be eloquent. Or even just well written.  Nor can I access FB and Twitter while here.

I watch the show, and I read the couple's FB pages, but that's about it.  And I google search for information.  SO...the twitter stuff is all new to me, as was the "baby" board and the bachelor board.

If someone posts something as information, I'm always curious as to how they found it.  It may be obvious to others, but to me it is not always clear where the info came from.  So, I ask, and I appreciate when people tell me.  THANKS!!!!

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2

Actually, I'm at work and probably shouldn't be trying to read and post because I don't have the time to be eloquent. Or even just well written.  Nor can I access FB and Twitter while here.

I watch the show, and I read the couple's FB pages, but that's about it.  And I google search for information.  SO...the twitter stuff is all new to me, as was the "baby" board and the bachelor board.

If someone posts something as information, I'm always curious as to how they found it.  It may be obvious to others, but to me it is not always clear where the info came from.  So, I ask, and I appreciate when people tell me.  THANKS!!!!

There is so much out there! And lots of friends of cast mates love to ride coat tails and divulge info. Twitter is good but Facebook tends to be better for info - TONS of secrets being dropped constantly.

• Love 1

There is so much out there! And lots of friends of cast mates love to ride coat tails and divulge info. Twitter is good but Facebook tends to be better for info - TONS of secrets being dropped constantly.

This is probably a discussion for another board, but I'm wondering if the show would have a better handle on "spoilers" if the show was aired in "real time" instead of 6 months later or whatever.  They certainly did not do a very good job this year on stopping up the leaks.

• Love 1

Oh, my apologies.  I just wondered where you had read all of this.  I look for stuff but am never able to find it.  That's why I ask. I didn't mean YOU were making it up, just wondered how you had found it.

Thanks for telling me about FB fan group.  

No worries.

Here's the link to the group. Warning, there is a lot of crazy there and they are very anti Davina

https://www.facebook.com/groups/622201551245164/

Ok somehow I got in a group with Chris -Davina's BFF from the show. Anyway - I was reading and poof the page was gone. Before it was gone I noted the following: Jessica's friend Fallon - noted that Jessica did not want to stay with Ryan D and that by the end producers knew they were not working out but they were pressured to remain together. It did, however, not work out and they did split. I also noted that cast was heavily selected by production and not by the experts and they had a hard time finding men that were interested. Sounds like Davina did try really hard to make it work, but Sean was clear from the beginning he wasn't in to it and her crying on the sled was she knew he was vacant and totally checked out by that point.  Jacklyn and Ryan R also while they stick it out, lacked a lot of chemistry. By decision day they production knew that most couples weren't going to make it, and pressured them with a spin off to stick it out. gross.

Also Jessica liked a comment that mentioned Ryan D had inflated the amount of money he did intact make, and that speculation is that his mom and inheritance from Grandma and grandpa is what is footing his bills. He doesn't make what he says he makes.  Sean threw Davina under the bus numerous times throughout the process telling her one thing and production another.

• Love 10

I think it's horrible how Davina is taking the blame for what is clearly Sean's responsibility.  She is being called "difficult" and "too hard to please" by hundreds of people online when it's increasingly clear that she is the dumpee here, not the dump-er and he was the one going through the motions just to fulfill his contract, not making sacrifices for something he really wanted.   I really hope that the next couple of episodes provide Davina with some vindication.

• Love 9

Also - Davina's bestie said that Sean was totally not in to filming and hated it. He was offered a car by production and he declined. Davina offered to live with him during the week - he declined. They were only together 3 - 4 days per week over the 6 weeks. Her bestie said that Sean is absolutely not gay but just not interested in Davina. Davina had a sense all along he wasn't in to it and finally at the end just was tired of it. Sean would be one way to her and suck production ass and do other things to make him look like the good guy and her the villain. He also was pressured by production to tell sean to just have sex with Davina. Davina was not interested in having sex with Sean.

• Love 7

it will be interesting. Her bff said they went in to the decision episode - knowing they were done and they had discussed doing it amicably and just moving forward. I guess at filming Sean flipped the script and took serious digs at Davina. So I'll be interested to see how it plays out. Ryan D was in Mexico recently without Jessica and her friend on that board all but confirmed that their relationship is 100% over. i couldn't get verification on Jacklyn and Ryan R or not. Only that they had serious chemistry issues but of all couples were the most willing to work through the issues. 

Jessica tried her hardest to keep a brave face according to her friend but really did not like Ryan after the turbulence they went through. Sounds like the relationship fell apart very shortly after filming ended.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am going to miss the members of this forum more than I miss the characters on the show!  

I have really enjoyed the comments and insights I found here.  Thank you.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 11

I'm predicting another season of The First Year, and I believe the "experts" have been in Atlanta filming Season 3, so we'll all be back.

One of the things I like about this show is that you don't have to watch every episode in order to discuss it.

• Love 2

I'm pretty sad that this season went so terribly wrong.  Last year there was more of an "innocence" about the whole deal.  

I think the premise is really an interesting one, and find it sad that the producers opted for creating drama, rather than testing out the premise. 

Oh well.

• Love 5

Âccording to the spoliers:

*Sean is being considered for the First year Spin off show

*The Season  3 wedding ceremonies took place this past weekend, so it should air around September or October

• Love 4

They won't do it, but the producers need to alter the show to be more of a documentary, less of a reality show and then cast actual people and no people who are dying to be on TV or be actors.

• Love 11
(edited)

If the spoilers are to be believed (they seem pretty solid) then Davina chose to stay married to Sean while he opted out.  Why the hell would she want to be with a guy who chose to treat so horribly?  I really hope tonight we see both of them agreeing to mutually divorce.  If she says yes, I am going to have serious doubts about her self respect and esteem.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3

Yeah, I totally thought that this was the case. Her body language was pretty obvious in that regard. Also, who goes to bed wearing leggings, a long sleeved t-shirt and leg warmers if they plan some action later on?

I also want to know if there were any spoilers re: Dr. C and Sean? Why was he so defensive of Sean?

Apparently all the garb didn't stop him from going below the Mason-Dixon line. I'm betting she skeeves out at the thought of that now.

• Love 1
Sean is being considered for the First year Spin off show.

Aw, hell no! First of all, he's not married so the show would have to be "Still Skeevy: A Year Later." Secondly, I despise Sean, so yeah. The thought of watching Cilona coddling and making more excuses for him makes me gag.

• Love 6

Preview of the reunion. Sean is "anxious" once again. Still playing the BS card I see

http://www.aetv.com/married-at-first-sight/video/preview-6-months-later-part-1

Not depending Sean, but I could see someone being anxious about seeing an ex. I don't like running into my exes, let alone having a sit down conversation on TV. I do think that he's fake though.

Does anyone else get annoyed by Jessica's long speeches all the time. I find myself rolling my eyes at them.

• Love 3

I mostly fast forwarded the show last night but from the bits I did watch I'm actually very surprised that Jaclyn said yes to continue on.   Must have really not wanted to be a quitter as she kept saying over and over and over.    

From what I can gather on social media, I don't think she and Ryan are together anymore either.   So this season is looking to be a repeat of the original show in Denmark where two couples say "yes" at the six week mark but don't last very long afterwards.   

Not depending Sean, but I could see someone being anxious about seeing an ex. I don't like running into my exes, let alone having a sit down conversation on TV. I do think that he's fake though.

Does anyone else get annoyed by Jessica's long speeches all the time. I find myself rolling my eyes at them.

Shit, the wind blowing probably makes Sean anxious.  

• Love 8

The spoilers for Davina weren't wrong. Her Bff said they went in agreeing to discuss things amicably and then he went for her jugular describing why he didn't like her to the experts. I don't disagree that at times she may come off a bit self centered, but part of me thinks that was all editing. I think she was just a strong woman and a man like Sean needs a woman he can easily impress - it's not her. Jessica and Ryan D based on the next weeks episode also are right on track with what we found yesterday. they split up. I still don't think that Jacklyn and Ryan R have what it takes long term to make this work. I think this season was more fun for me for the spoilers than for the actual show itself.

• Love 6

In next week's preview Jessica says "Divorce is not in my vocabulary".  Between statements like that and "me and Jaclyn" useage, it provides a deeper insight into all the characters.

In next week's preview Jessica says "Divorce is not in my vocabulary".  Between statements like that and "me and Jaclyn" useage, it provides a deeper insight into all the characters.

What insight does it prove?  Just because people don't use proper grammar doesn't mean they're not good people.  I work in a university with MD's and PhD's and you'd be surprised at the bad grammar I've been privy to.  But one doesn't really have anything to do with the other, and I'm not an English teacher.

• Love 5

Thank you all for the good spoilers! 

Her grammar is more appalling than their marriage :)

Oh my god yes.  My kids and their friends called me the grammar cop.  

• Love 1

This was probably mentioned in here somewhere, but I have searched high and low all over the internet (to the point where I am spending way to much time on something like this lol) and cannot seem to find what reality show Ryan D was on before MAFS. It is mentioned alot when people talk about Jessica's modelling/acting aspirations that Ryan was on another reality show but never which was in was. Thanks in advance!

This was probably mentioned in here somewhere, but I have searched high and low all over the internet (to the point where I am spending way to much time on something like this lol) and cannot seem to find what reality show Ryan D was on before MAFS. It is mentioned alot when people talk about Jessica's modelling/acting aspirations that Ryan was on another reality show but never which was in was. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Which was IT was. Typo sorry