Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

No one should have been matched with Ryan D. I suspect it was either Davina or Jess that leaked it. All the ladies have been quiet. Jess had aspirations to act and model. She wants to be a household name. Yet all of that is left out. It paints her the victim. I do think she got screwed with her match, but she also wants to be famous. I'm inclined to believe it's her or Davina

Before Ryan's rant , I stated that the anonymous poster was likely a cast member. Guess it's been more or less confirmed now.

I don't think it's Jess. She posts the most pictures and references to the show on her SM. She has said that she would like to continue her relationship with the network (the spin off). Jaclyn was coerced to say yes according to the gossip and is in talks to participate in the Spin off. Who does that leave? Davina. Makes sense.

• Love 2

Wait....what makes folks think it's one of the woman who is the source of info (if any of it is true)? It could be a crew member, a family member, a friend, a coworker. Is there particular info that points to it being a participant?

• Love 2
(edited)

"I have to admit, I really, really, really want to know who is behind the rumor."

I still think it could be a production person because there is so much info about all three couples. Seems all the girls love each other (based on their twitter pages) so would they be ok with one of them blasting all this stuff?

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

I don't remember every detail but I don't think any of the women were disrespected in the spoilers.  It said that Jessica was asked to say she wanted to stay married, RyanD, too.  That is not a bad thing, it is more a slam on production.  It could easily be Davina.  I just want someone to step forward and say what is true when this is all said and done. 

I have to admit, I really, really, really want to know who is behind the rumor.

And I try keeping an open mind when it comes to random internet posts but have to admit this all seemed legit. I guess we'll probably never really know what went down as it seems that the brides have their agenda and the grooms theirs and there is no way TPTB will give us the truth.

I have to admit, I really, really, really want to know who is behind the rumor.

And I try keeping an open mind when it comes to random internet posts but have to admit this all seemed legit. I guess we'll probably never really know what went down as it seems that the brides have their agenda and the grooms theirs and there is no way TPTB will give us the truth.

That's what I kept thinking. We can't rely on the show to give us the truth. Hopefully the women can speak out after the reunion
  • Love 3

Ryans has deleted the comments from his Facebook page. What the fuck is going on with this show?

Its all falling apart!

Between the original post, then Ryan's rebuttal post and what's going on with the Bachlorette, its been a crazy 48 hours in my reality tv watching!

• Love 4

I still think it could be a production person because there is so much info about all three couples. Seems all the girls love each other (based on their twitter pages) so would they be ok with one of them blasting all this stuff?

The spoiler said that Jessica was the one who announced Ryan D.'s drug use and dealing on the reunion show, which is why he stormed off the stage and had a hairy conniption backstage, replete with death threats.  Then again, would Jessica be stupid enough to out something like that considering what it could do to him both legally and professionally?  Is she truly dumb enough to put her life in danger? Yeah, she is.

• Love 2

I like that Ryan Basement said what he said. Although his spelling makes Baby Jesus weep, the anger seemed authentic.

Most people are not blaming the couples in the first place, however, and I don't think he gets that. Production? The "experts?" Those are the people who did the mis-matching, not the couples themselves. I think probably 4 or 5 of the individuals (I keep wanting to call them "contestants") were playing it straight. (Not Sean, and I go back and forth on Ryan Douche.) Ryan Basement, along with all three women and possibly Ryan Douche, got caught in a bad situation. I still hope he and Jaclyn are dating, whether or not they remain legally married.

And CindyBee, if you want a three-fer, visit the 19 Kids forum. It's less crazy now, but it's still one of the "big three" for rumors this week.

• Love 8

Move over The Examiner.  A new article slams the experts and call the show out on all of the lies! The experts are being ripped a new one. Love it!!

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/entertainment/married-at-first-sight-experts-slam-cast-and-fans-on-social-media/31034/

Omgod.  I'm only half way  through the article, but I'm laughing.  Was it written by someone who posts here?  I've read many of the same things on this thread.  :D

Ok.  I'm off to read the rest of my Saturday funnies.  

• Love 2

OT: I want to see a same-sex version of all of these "relationship" shows. My best friend is a lesbian and teases me to no end about how I watch this stuff, so I'd like to get her hooked on it, too.

• Love 1

I don't remember every detail but I don't think any of the women were disrespected in the spoilers.  It said that Jessica was asked to say she wanted to stay married, RyanD, too.  That is not a bad thing, it is more a slam on production.  It could easily be Davina.  I just want someone to step forward and say what is true when this is all said and done. 

Good point about the women, and, as I remember, the poster specifically said something like Davina is not like she's been portrayed, and she's a nice and warm person. So, whoever posted that thing is definitely a Davina fan. Just sayin'. ;)

• Love 3

Good point about the women, and, as I remember, the poster specifically said something like Davina is not like she's been portrayed, and she's a nice and warm person. So, whoever posted that thing is definitely a Davina fan. Just sayin'. ;)

Jaclyn said Davina was a nice person too.   

I can't see anyone stepping forward to claim that post.   I have an open mind about it.  Some of it seems fishy and overly dramatic to me, but we will see what we will see.  The part about Ryan D is clearly slanderous if untrue, so whoever wrote it has taken a big risk.  I mean, that is a terrible accusation to make if unfounded.  But that was the first thing in the post to set off alarm bells for me and make me pause before forming conclusions.

As for RyanR's post:  No doubt it is extremely hard to choose a stranger over your mother and niece.  However, that is what he agreed to do when agreeing to take part in this "experiment."   One who is thinking clearly about his life and the needs of his loved ones surely would have taken it into account, or no?  It also highlights the way the experts failed to properly match him.  Clearly he needed to stay reasonably close to his family as he has assumed the role of caretaker, but he was matched not only with someone who lived 3 hours away, but with someone who had a career that she was unwilling to throw away.   I'm keeping an open mind about whether he had another relationship, but it was painfully clear that neither one of them lived in that apartment.   I had a problem with Ryan from the time he began to complain about Jaclyn being too sexual.  She never said anything about him other than she was hurt by his pulling away although clearly she could have slammed him for many things.   

As for the "revelation" that the games, toys, etc. were all provided by production, who in the world ever thought they were NOT provided by production?   Also the notes in the bottle.  What are the odds D and S ever came up with that idea?  No, it was production giving them a scene for filming.  

• Love 9

Jaclyn said Davina was a nice person too.   

I can't see anyone stepping forward to claim that post.   I have an open mind about it.  Some of it seems fishy and overly dramatic to me, but we will see what we will see.  The part about Ryan D is clearly slanderous if untrue, so whoever wrote it has taken a big risk.  I mean, that is a terrible accusation to make if unfounded.  But that was the first thing in the post to set off alarm bells for me and make me pause before forming conclusions.

As for RyanR's post:  No doubt it is extremely hard to choose a stranger over your mother and niece.  However, that is what he agreed to do when agreeing to take part in this "experiment."   One who is thinking clearly about his life and the needs of his loved ones surely would have taken it into account, or no?  It also highlights the way the experts failed to properly match him.  Clearly he needed to stay reasonably close to his family as he has assumed the role of caretaker, but he was matched not only with someone who lived 3 hours away, but with someone who had a career that she was unwilling to throw away.   I'm keeping an open mind about whether he had another relationship, but it was painfully clear that neither one of them lived in that apartment.   I had a problem with Ryan from the time he began to complain about Jaclyn being too sexual.  She never said anything about him other than she was hurt by his pulling away although clearly she could have slammed him for many things.   

As for the "revelation" that the games, toys, etc. were all provided by production, who in the world ever thought they were NOT provided by production?   Also the notes in the bottle.  What are the odds D and S ever came up with that idea?  No, it was production giving them a scene for filming.  

According to the spoiler, his mother has been trying to get him to move out because he contributes no money and eats all the food. I think the 'taker' in caretaker is more apropos, if the spoiler is true. I do believe the stuff about Ryan D., though.  Now his head butting 'aunt' kisses make sense. Add to that his mile a minute way of speaking, nose wiping, and jittery manner, all signs of coke use.

• Love 2

According to the spoiler, his mother has been trying to get him to move out because he contributes no money and eats all the food. I think the 'taker' in caretaker is more apropos, if the spoiler is true. I do believe the stuff about Ryan D., though.  Now his head butting 'aunt' kisses make sense. Add to that his mile a minute way of speaking, nose wiping, and jittery manner, all signs of coke use.

Yes, I remember that from the spoiler post.  I was putting that aside, and simply analyzing Ryan's post as if it were true.  My point was that even if true, it poses some serious questions about his thought process and the expert matchmaking.

As for RyanD, i rub my nose and also speak quickly.   Some might say i have a jittery manner because I tend to fidget and not sit still.   What I do know is that RyanD has a very nasty temper and speaks in horrible ways when he is angry and isn't very nice even when he's not angry.   I would never advise a woman to stay in a relationship with him.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wait....what makes folks think it's one of the woman who is the source of info (if any of it is true)? It could be a crew member, a family member, a friend, a coworker. Is there particular info that points to it being a participant?

I'm leaning toward a friend, coworker or family member of one of the women because the post doesn't say anything bad about any of the women.  I'm more inclined to think it didn't come directly from any of the women or a crew member because of the inaccuracies and exaggerations, although that's possible too.  I'm thinking the person had to have a lot of motivation to send that and a crew member might not be so inclined.

ETA:  I think it's amazing how so many of us posting on this thread have reached similar conclusions separately!  I swear I often post before I've read what others have said and see later that others already said the same thing.  I also see others posting what I've already said and I'm sure they thought of it independently of me but just didn't happen to catch my post upthread.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

The woman who wrote the info on the connection between Sean and the last year winner writes on a lot of subjects:

(Rebecca Savastio is a full time professional freelance writer, journalist, blogger and editor specializing in news reporting. She also enjoys writing about travel, lifestyle, culture, food and entertainment.)    

She nailed the part about Sean's 2013 DUI.  And if he's even being considered for another show by these people, something is not quite right.   IMO.

DUI is grounds for his RN license revocation. He may be out of a job.

• Love 1

Ryan's rant has prompted me to examine the rumor mill and my attitude about them and the show

I think we are all aware that we must take "insider" info with a proper grain of salt. I love the concept of the show and truly want to believe in the experiment and in the idea that the experts are really giving it their all in finding matches.  

Knowing that there is a time element involved because another show needs to be produced can not help but cast doubt on the integrity of the experiment. There is money involved.  The experts aren't producing the show.  It would be great to believe that a show would be produced ONLY when best matches were found.  I doubt they can afford to make this the priority. That is the inherent problem with a TV show.  There is always the awareness and truth that money rules the day regardless of best intentions.

The idea that they recruit people (rumored, at least) is not a good sign.  The mentality of "hey you called ME"  immediately  begins a reality show mindset rather than a true social experiment where people who want to be married make the effort to approach the show..  

We may be unreasonably cynical fools for buying in to the rumors but I don't think even the players can deny that there was a lot to question about these matches. 

Assuming everything was on the up-and-up I've never heard the experts say that their 'instruments" and procedures may need some tweaking.  There were glaring issues. It would be satisfying to hear them say they are working to improve the vetting process and have learned something from each failed match.  Instead, they hold tight to their failed formula. It's maddening.

Often times people DON'T know themselves and what they want. The experts should have learned THAT if nothing else.  Admit that you can not take their answers at face value and work harder to combat the inevitable fairy tale thinking. But a big part of me believes they are aware of that.  It's human psychology 101.  That is why I entertain the rumor that the show was thrown together and didn't bother with red flags 

I  entertain the recruiting rumor because there was too little effort or desire demonstrated by the men this season to believe that they were 'all in' for marriage..

I entertain the addiction rumor because RyanD's behavior was very reminiscent to me. 

It would be very easy for a "catfish"  to take our suspicions posted here and run with them.  Regardless, I believe my suspicions have merit and my disappointment and frustration with the experts and their matches are warranted.  

I was called away when writing his so I'm sure I'm behind on the postings since.

• Love 9

Ryan's rant has prompted me to examine the rumor mill and my attitude about them and the show

Maybe we can contact Nev Nd Max from Catfish. They will definitely get to the bottom of this!

I think we are all aware that we must take "insider" info with a proper grain of salt. I love the concept of the show and truly want to believe in the experiment and in the idea that the experts are really giving it their all in finding matches.

Knowing that there is a time element involved because another show needs to be produced can not help but cast doubt on the integrity of the experiment. There is money involved. The experts aren't producing the show. It would be great to believe that a show would be produced ONLY when best matches were found. I doubt they can afford to make this the priority. That is the inherent problem with a TV show. There is always the awareness and truth that money rules the day regardless of best intentions.

The idea that they recruit people (rumored, at least) is not a good sign. The mentality of "hey you called ME" immediately begins a reality show mindset rather than a true social experiment where people who want to be married make the effort to approach the show..

We may be unreasonably cynical fools for buying in to the rumors but I don't think even the players can deny that there was a lot to question about these matches.

Assuming everything was on the up-and-up I've never heard the experts say that their 'instruments" and procedures may need some tweaking. There were glaring issues. It would be satisfying to hear them say they are working to improve the vetting process and have learned something from each failed match. Instead, they hold tight to their failed formula. It's maddening.

Often times people DON'T know themselves and what they want. The experts should have learned THAT if nothing else. Admit that you can not take their answers at face value and work harder to combat the inevitable fairy tale thinking. But a big part of me believes they are aware of that. It's human psychology 101. That is why I entertain the rumor that the show was thrown together and didn't bother with red flags

I entertain the recruiting rumor because there was too little effort or desire demonstrated by the men this season to believe that they were 'all in' for marriage..

I entertain the addiction rumor because RyanD's behavior was very reminiscent to me.

It would be very easy for a "catfish" to take our suspicions posted here and run with them. Regardless, I believe my suspicions have merit and my disappointment and frustration with the experts and their matches are warranted.

I was called away when writing his so I'm sure I'm behind on the postings since.

Sorry. I meant to say I bet if we got Nev and Max from Catfish they would get to the bottom of this

• Love 1

Assuming everything was on the up-and-up I've never heard the experts say that their 'instruments" and procedures may need some tweaking.  There were glaring issues. It would be satisfying to hear them say they are working to improve the vetting process and have learned something from each failed match.  Instead, they hold tight to their failed formula. It's maddening.

The funny thing is according to Dr C he tweaked his instruments to avoid another Vaughn situation, so next season I suggest he adjusts his instruments to get as many Vaughn's as possible as obviously his instruments were way off this season.

Knowing that there is a time element involved because another show needs to be produced can not help but cast doubt on the integrity of the experiment. There is money involved.  The experts aren't producing the show.  It would be great to believe that a show would be produced ONLY when best matches were found.  I doubt they can afford to make this the priority. That is the inherent problem with a TV show.  There is always the awareness and truth that money rules the day regardless of best intentions.

No idea on this season but Dr C made it clear last season that is they could not find suitable matches the show was not going to go ahead, so I am going with the theory that the 2/3 success rate just went to the experts heads and they thought hey good enough. I have no doubt though that the producers would have been exerting pressure to get another season though. I know he was very unhappy that is was filmed during the holidays season and he thought it added too much pressure.

Yeah we seem to be a pretty sensible bunch, last year (well for me at least) we may have not liked some of the behaviour but we were rooting for most of the couple to make it, this year I am tuned in for the train wreck mostly. Last year I watched the episodes as soon as they were available to me, this year I find myself watching it 3-4 days later as I am not invested in any of them. To be honest I am enjoying the snark much more than the show itself.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ryans has deleted the comments from his Facebook page. What the fuck is going on with this show?

Maybe he is correcting all the spelling and grammar errors and will repost (ha-ha).

Guess he was told to take it down? Doesn't he know anything that he posts online, he can ever get back?

And he can't get if off this board!!!

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 5
(edited)

DUI is grounds for his RN license revocation. He may be out of a job.

I would think a felony DUI might be grounds for revocation, but don't know about a misdemeanor DUI.  Checking the NJ licensing rules now.

I didn't find anything specific.  It would be nice to hear from someone who knows about licensure in New Jersey.  It seems that crimes are on a case by case basis especially if they are misdemeanors.   Substance abuse is another issue for nurses.  It occurred to me that Sean might not have gotten a "promotion" but may have been moved to oversee the continuing education of nurses to remove him from patient care.  

At any rate, we already know that the new job was not "two years in the making" as Dr. C, that fountain of truthfulness, proclaimed, and we also know that the promotion was not to the job Sean described.  

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 2

Sean Varricchio The athletic 34-year-old trauma nurse from Jackson, New Jersey admits to being a “player” in his 20s. “I was young,” he says. “But I”ve grown up. It”s time to settle down.” As Varricchio gets older, he says that dating becomes more challenging. “The more I”ve gone through, the harder it has been to find someone,” he says. “But this process has science behind it; why can”t it work?”

http://www.ebuzznew.com/sean-varricchio-bowling-nj

Athletic???

• Love 3
Being with Sean never allowed her to have the Life According to Davina that she had planned. It took him weeks to get up the huevos to be direct with her regarding living in Manhattan and his suddenly important promotion, and look how well that went!

The reason Davina was upset about the promotion was because Sean never told her.  Didn't the promotion state that he had to live no more than an hour from the hospital?  If Sean knew a promotion was possible, why did he say he was willing to move for a spouse?  Davina got slammed because she honestly said she didn't want to leave Manhattan, I don't understand that.  Davina wanted a white man, so she's self hating, I don't get that.  Davina wanted to be treated well, so she's a princess, I don't get that either.  

• Love 11

I agree with with almost everything you said, seasick.  I think the show should let all notions of science and respectability go out the door and embrace itself for what it is...a third rate reality show.

They could do this with the spin off.  All the couples from this season will reunite, because if is really about the money and fame, not love.  All three sets of couples will be assigned to live in a haunted mansion which they can only escape by following carefully crafted clues given to them via skype by all the experts.  Basement Ryan's hiding skills will be put into good use.  Later there will be a grand finale where we will find out the monster everyone was running from was actually a coked out Ryan D, who will be eventually caught by following a trail of glow in the dark stars set up by Sean.

Yes, I know I am going to hell.

• Love 8

I hope in the next season they do something to improve the THs; I found so many of them boring, repetitive and unenlightening "I married a stranger!? What? Did I really marry a stranger!? OMG, I'm married to a stranger! Yes ladies and gents, you did, we get it: the show's title tipped us all off.

Also, please stop saying "this social experiment" next season, or at least limit it to no more than two times per episode. It'd make a great drinking game on college campuses. 

• Love 6

You must have missed the Hayride of Doom. She started crying for no apparent reason (note: inappropriate crying is a sign of neurological damage, like Alzheimer's) and then was furious with Sean because he didn't read her mind and console her. She made it clear she expects her husband to know what she's thinking. This was followed by Sean telling her to just say it, out loud. She responded to that with a stream of bleeped out expletives about how "I need to be #%^*!? Courted!" Like he's such an idiot he should know that.

I don't know any man who would take well to being cussed out because he can't read a woman's mind. And only a princess would expect him to

I agree with with almost everything you said, seasick. I think the show should let all notions of science and respectability go out the door and embrace itself for what it is...a third rate reality show.

They could do this with the spin off. All the couples from this season will reunite, because if is really about the money and fame, not love. All three sets of couples will be assigned to live in a haunted mansion which they can only escape by following carefully crafted clues given to them via skype by all the experts. Basement Ryan's hiding skills will be put into good use. Later there will be a grand finale where we will find out the monster everyone was running from was actually a coked out Ryan D, who will be eventually caught by following a trail of glow in the dark stars set up by Sean.

Yes, I know I am going to hell.

I like it. Make it a season of Survivor. They can vote each other out of the mansion

You must have missed the Hayride of Doom. She started crying for no apparent reason (note: inappropriate crying is a sign of neurological damage, like Alzheimer's) and then was furious with Sean because he didn't read her mind and console her. She made it clear she expects her husband to know what she's thinking. This was followed by Sean telling her to just say it, out loud. She responded to that with a stream of bleeped out expletives about how "I need to be #%^*!? Courted!" Like he's such an idiot he should know that.

I don't know any man who would take well to being cussed out because he can't read a woman's mind. And only a princess would expect him to

On Ryan's Alleged criminal activity: I don't think Ryan D a corner level pusher but as early as the honeymoon episode, someone noted that he had Russian Mafia tattoos on his body. Why would an average Joe get a gang sign inked on his body?

Maybe the woman was just emotional.  I think she was upset because she realized Sean had checked out and wasn't even into her.  I can't put too much blame on her since Sean turned out to be a douche.

• Love 8

Maybe the woman was just emotional.  I think she was upset because she realized Sean had checked out and wasn't even into her.  I can't put too much blame on her since Sean turned out to be a douche.

Davina isn't perfect, but Sean is indeed a douche and I would take her side over his if forced to choose.

• Love 6

Scenario: you've known someone 2 days or so and suddenly, for no apparent reason, she starts crying. You:

1. Think she's overwhelmed by how perfect her life is

2. Think she's overwhelmed by your body odor. Maybe you just farted?

3. Think she's hoping you don't notice, she'll get over it

4. Think she has pseudobulbar whatever it is that causes inappropriate crying

5. Think maybe she's remembering another hayride with a now-deceased relative

6. Wait for cues as to how you should react. But you don't get cues, you get your ass chewed for not responding properly

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Ryan D a corner level pusher but as early as the honeymoon episode, someone noted that he had Russian Mafia tattoos on his body. Why would an average Joe get a gang sign inked on his body?

His left arm is tattooed from the wrist to the shoulder, who could tell what tattoo is what? There are so many.

I doubt he thinks of himself as an "average Joe". His giant ego gets in the way for that.

Edited by Vinyasa

While none of us viewers knows what really happened, I think that Dr C's defense of Sean and criticism of Davina should count for something. It's quite clear he thinks she was the problem. Now I don't know how great a shrink he is, but he was present for a lot of this and I'm sure he knows things we don't. If you don't believe me about the Hayride of Doom, watch it with the sound off and see, if you had been sitting next to her, you would have known what was going on.

Scenario: you've known someone 2 days or so and suddenly, for no apparent reason, she starts crying. You:

1. Think she's overwhelmed by how perfect her life is

2. Think she's overwhelmed by your body odor. Maybe you just farted?

3. Think she's hoping you don't notice, she'll get over it

4. Think she has pseudobulbar whatever it is that causes inappropriate crying

5. Think maybe she's remembering another hayride with a now-deceased relative

6. Wait for cues as to how you should react. But you don't get cues, you get your ass chewed for not responding properly

I think I would ask if they were okay and why they were crying.   I would be touched by their emotions and give them a small side hug and kiss on the head. Don't think I'd just prattle on in my critique of the experience and say "try to enjoy this".      However,as the female I would have shook it off as him being a dunderhead..as men can be.. This  moment was spotlighted by the editors. We didn't live through two days of annoying, self-absorbed , narrator/commentator Sean.  I give the girl a pass.

• Love 12

While none of us viewers knows what really happened, I think that Dr C's defense of Sean and criticism of Davina should count for something. It's quite clear he thinks she was the problem. Now I don't know how great a shrink he is, but he was present for a lot of this and I'm sure he knows things we don't. If you don't believe me about the Hayride of Doom, watch it with the sound off and see, if you had been sitting next to her, you would have known what was going on.

Only problem is by his own admission he only knows what the participants tell him and he sees the footage the same time as us hence why he was surprised at Ryan D's anger as Jess didn't mention it in their session.

He may think Davina is the problem but it is not really professional of him to take sides. He also posted saying Sean called him after the honeymoon and he spoke at length with him, after the 4th call in a matter of days he told Sean to stop calling, there is a photo of them metting after the experiment so Sean has had Dr C's ear a lot more than Davina.

• Love 4