Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Gobears said:

I found this on the http://bachandbachettefans.net.

It seems that Sonia & Nick seemed to stay on very friendly terms after decision day. Would a divorced couple want to go to Costa Rica together?

On one of the recent "Unfiltered" shows Nick said they were treating the relationship as if they were dating and not married.  Perhaps they are still doing that?  Even though Nick said that, he is also on record several times saying he wished Sonia would move back in because they are married.  So who knows?  My point is that anything is possible with those two even if they actually choose to divorce.

Although I don't think Sonia and Nick should stay together, I would not be surprised if they do.

Some people say Sonia can do better, maybe yes, maybe no.  A friend of mine and her husband were having issues, but they sat down together and talked, they realized how hard it is today to find a companion, that even though they have differences, it's hard these days to find someone, no matter how old or how young you are.  Some folks are like Tom and they don't want a traditional lifestyle, some folks don't want children, some run at the first sign of argument, some have baby mama/baby daddy/dysfunctional family drama, some people have bad tempers. 

As I watch this show, it seems that even though lots of people say they want marriage, too many aren't willing to do the work or make any type of effort.  BTW, Sonia changed her Twitter pic and to me, it doesn't look like her, for one her hair is blonde and she has this crazed expression in her eyes.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Some people say Sonia can do better, maybe yes, maybe no.  A friend of mine and her husband were having issues, but they sat down together and talked, they realized how hard it is today to find a companion, that even though they have differences, it's hard these days to find someone, no matter how old or how young you are.  Some folks are like Tom and they don't want a traditional lifestyle, some folks don't want children, some run at the first sign of argument, some have baby mama/baby daddy/dysfunctional family drama, some people have bad tempers. 

I know people who've made this choice as well, but those who did at least had something from the start i.e. an emotional connection, sexual chemistry and were genuinely interested in each other. IMO Sonia/Nick are not even close to having even the basic foundations for having a romantic relationship. They've had sex - supposedly, but Nick won't touch her unless it's his d*ck that's doing the touching. He has no interest in her whatsoever.

Sonia seems like the type a woman who needs at the very least a man that's affectionate and can actually have a conversation. Nick seems incapable of both. I would lose even more respect for Sonia if she decided to stay with Nick. The fact that she's remained with him after the way he's treated her is already telling about her lack of self worth, but I'm hoping she'll pull herself together and leave his @ss and not look back.  

• Love 5

I have no idea if there is real flirtation with Sonia & Derek or not - but, I can see how easy it would be to get her interest.  She's dying for attention and some kind of interest.  I imagine a text or tweet that says something like - "hey Sonia, I probably should say this - don't be mad - but, I think Nick is a fool for not doing everything he can to keep a beautiful woman like you".  From there - or something similar - it would be off to the races.

Then, you factor in how lonely Derek seems to be and I can easily see it happening.  Have to admit - I wouldn't feel sorry for Nick and Heather won't care.  

• Love 2

Social workers (i work with a lot of them) are trained to be listeners, diagnose problems and help you how to solve them. They are, however, extremely sensitive when it comes to criticism. They can take one small comment and turn it around.

Sonia is one of my faves because she wears her heart on her sleeve. Unfortunately for her, she can't take a simple tweet or comment without becoming very defensive. She loves positive affirmations...after all, that's what social workers do. I feel bad that people attack any of them, but when you sign up to be on a show, you are inviting people to have their opinions whether they are good or bad. The Kardashians are now a brand because of that...

I don't blame her for not wanting to move back in. Perhaps they do end up as boyfriend/girlfriend to try and figure their relationship out, but Courtney and Jason didn't and look how happy they are. 

Was there a reunion filmed? I haven't seen any mention of one on SM.

• Love 1

Sonia and Derek probably have a connection because of the following things:

1.  They both married a stranger at first sight on national television for a reality show.  This is an experience that very few people have or want.

2. The both were rejected by their partners.  I actually prefer Heather's straight forwardness compared to Nick's passive aggressive flakiness.   However, it is basically the same thing...they both got rejected on national television.  They are garnering a lot of sympathy, but it is probably human nature to want to prove that you are still a desirable person after this type of experience.

I can imagine both of them flirting up a storm with each other for the previous reasons. 

However, I doubt they will ever have a real relationship.  For one thing, I can see Sonia running far away when Derek spits out a few lines of his latest rap, which will probably be called "Heather".

• Love 1
On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 4:36 PM, qtpye said:

However, I doubt they will ever have a real relationship.  For one thing, I can see Sonia running far away when Derek spits out a few lines of his latest rap, which will probably be called "Heather".

Sonia rap battles with Derek so she doesn't hate rap. She actually very good at it

After the decision day episode airs this Tuesday, will the participants have to pretend on SM that they are happy that they stayed with their spouse (if that is the case) even if they have broken up by the six-month reunion? That seems kind of disingenuous to me...Is that what happened with last season's participants?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Gobears said:

After the decision day episode airs this Tuesday, will the participants have to pretend on SM that they are happy that they stayed with their spouse (if that is the case) even if they have broken up by the six-month reunion? That seems kind of disingenuous to me...Is that what happened with last season's participants?

Only 1 couple had stayed together last season at the end but it was obvious from SM that they had split before the reunion. It was never outright said by either though so I am betting they are checked in on if they stay together to see where they are at and to keep it quiet until that time. You of course have to look at the time line between when it was filmed to when we see it to the 6 month reunion.

Which btw, I came across these 2 articles on Starcasm. Different Seasons Casts Meet Up Which I know it says Tres claims it wasn't for promotional reasons but when it says they aren't sure why Jamie and Doug where there too then...well to me it says promotional gathering and nothing more. Which I can see turning it into a mini vacation if you can as well but its to obvious its all it was. 

Does Tom work?  While I get not being able to film him on the job, the fact is he never said anything about having gone off to work or having a tough day at work or seeing him leave/come home. Which is why the questions on him working came up. While he is posting those pics on SM, I can't imagine the owners would be to thrilled with that either if they would never want a camera crew on their yachts. I figured he probably just works as the jobs come in under a certain company/guy. Like what my husband used to do with construction under one guy...later he ended up with another that was a 5 day a week job. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 2

Jamie shared a photo of her son born sleeping to Facebook to acknowledge Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness month. My heart breaks for her for having went through something so awful. If you are sensitive, I would not advise clicking, as she shares a picture of her son who is only 17 weeks gestational age. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3867354/He-deserves-remembered-Married-Sight-star-Jamie-Otis-shares-heartbreaking-image-husband-Doug-cradling-late-baby-boy-miscarried.html

• Love 1

I'm going to speculate Nick and Sonia are not together at the six month reunion. In the previews she is crying and he's not wearing his wedding ring. Unless the editing monkeys are messing with us again.

also going to speculate that Lily and Tom are still married. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm going to speculate Nick and Sonia are not together at the six month reunion. In the previews she is crying and he's not wearing his wedding ring. Unless the editing monkeys are messing with us again.

also going to speculate that Lily and Tom are still married. 

And her niece posting that Nick was not husband material

sonia was very quiet on Twitter tonight

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lion18 said:

And her niece posting that Nick was not husband material

sonia was very quiet on Twitter tonight

Well not like that is a lie. Guy is far from being any kind of relationship material really. I wouldn't be surprised if she woke up and realized she was suckered into sticking it out by the "experts". I bet she might have known the kind of things that might get said to her for staying with someone like him after his crap so she laid low. 

• Love 4

I think that the two couples might still be together because of how the women answered the questions in interviews with Jamie Otis.

Jamie: Aww! What’s the first thing you’re going to do tomorrow when you can be out and about as a MARRIED couple?

Lilly: Actually sit next to my husband in a public area and have some PDA!! Lol

Jamie: Lol! What’s the first thing you’re going to do tomorrow when you can be out and about as a MARRIED couple?

Sonia: I don’t think anything too different. Just work and a usual day. Again, we don’t go out much. lol

• Love 1

I'm not sure if Nick and Sonia are still together but she's been retweeting a lot of positive comments today including congrats and a pic of her and Nick posted by Derek. Doesn't seem like there are any hard feelings at least. After reading this I'm wondering why the so called experts didn't pair her up with Derek, since according to her "she has the most in common with Derek Schwartz – who shares her “taste in music, a passion for life, sense of humor, sensitivity, and overall view of life.”" Seems like they may have been the perfect fit.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So, they showed Nick w/o a ring in the reunion previews, & were asking him about it. I think they went to Costa Rica together, right? So I'm wondering if they're just misleading again.

I agree.  I think the previews are misleading and they just left for Costa Rica. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

So, they showed Nick w/o a ring in the reunion previews, & were asking him about it. I think they went to Costa Rica together, right? So I'm wondering if they're just misleading again.

53 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I agree.  I think the previews are misleading and they just left for Costa Rica. 

Maybe he lost the ring? I think, too, that they might be trying to mislead the viewers (again). I doubt they would give away such information in a preview. On the other hand, didn't Sonia have some post on SM about being fooled twice?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BunnySlippers said:

Maybe he lost the ring? I think, too, that they might be trying to mislead the viewers (again). I doubt they would give away such information in a preview. On the other hand, didn't Sonia have some post on SM about being fooled twice?

I saw that too but think it was about something else but who knows.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jellybeans said:

I saw that too but think it was about something else but who knows.

I guess we'll see next week. And maybe after the reunion show we'll actually get some real info on SM about what happened after all the filming was done...

• Love 3

I just wish she'd post something on her snapchat or IG with them together, but I'm guessing they are not allowed to do that until the reunion show is over.

this way we are kept "guessing".

And I agree they would not give away the ring/breakup of Sonic in the preview. 

• Love 2
On 10/26/2016 at 2:25 AM, Gobears said:

I think that the two couples might still be together because of how the women answered the questions in interviews with Jamie Otis.

I think the interviews were probably done some time ago even though Jamie said, "What will you do tomorrow?"  She must have been told to say "tomorrow" because it was going to be published the day before before decision day aired on TV.  So perhaps when the interviews were done they were still together, but who knows about now?

From the looks of things Sonia has been wearing the necklace Nick gave her in a lot of her pictures and she still has it.....if I was not with someone anymore I would not be wearing something he gave me after we were done...

So maybe they are still together.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, julyjen said:

From the looks of things Sonia has been wearing the necklace Nick gave her in a lot of her pictures and she still has it.....if I was not with someone anymore I would not be wearing something he gave me after we were done...

So maybe they are still together.

I think it's hard to tell with them.  Nick said to one of the experts in one scene that they're basically in a "dating" relationship even though they're technically married.  So they may have gotten divorced and decided to be friends for now or just date and see where it goes without all the pressure of marriage.  Or maybe they parted but are still friendly.  There's a lot of "in between" it could be with them.

• Love 1

http://www.inquisitr.com/3654447/married-at-first-sight-season-4-reunion-special-spoilers-nick-sonia-not-together-video/

well the vid of Tom and Lilly looks really really happy...and very pretty!  I remember the "ring" in the season previews...and Tom says he has a surprise for her...

I am "stillhoping" this love story lasts - I know many dislike him but I think they are the real deal. 

I still do not understand why some think Tom is broke. Yacht biz is pretty specialized and can be lucrative. I posted before...he stated on instagram he is a licenced yacht - Marine broker also and told someone there call him he can sell any vessel on the multilust. There are tons of people here w real estate license but u have to know boats to sell them.

Edited by Stillhoping
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stillhoping said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3654447/married-at-first-sight-season-4-reunion-special-spoilers-nick-sonia-not-together-video/

well the vid of Tom and Lilly looks really really happy...and very pretty!  I remember the "ring" in the season previews...and Tom says he has a surprise for her...

I am "stillhoping" this love story lasts - I know many dislike him but I think they are the real deal. 

I still do not understand why some think Tom is broke. Yacht biz is pretty specialized and can be lucrative. I posted before...he stated on instagram he is a licenced yacht - Marine broker also and told someone there call him he can sell any vessel on the multilust. There are tons of people here w real estate license but u have to know boats to sell them.

I don't think anyone thinks he is broke but more so he makes what he does to live off of and that is it. That is IF he is really the minimalist that he claims he is. Which is why him being a yacht broker comes off a bit off IMO. He is the one that stated his income varies by how much work he has and stated what he made the last 2 yrs. Also if he is a broker I would imagine its similar to Lily's job a bit with real estate so he should have been more understanding of her working as she does. Which maybe he just got his license to sell yachts, I have no clue but it does look pretty hypocritical of him at this point for many reasons. As he doesn't come across, from everything he has said, that he would want to be doing a job like that. Unless something changed from being with her (which could be) its hard to see him work hard at this sort of job and be willing to make himself available whenever he should be for a client. 

• Love 2
On 10/28/2016 at 11:48 AM, Jellybeans said:

Didnt Nick mention going to Costa RICO while they were doing their vision board?  So that could mean they knew their decision was to stay married and already made plans for a trip there

• Love 2

I looked at Sonia's Instagram and Twitter and I think she and Nick are still together.   Nick also seemed pretty excited on social media that decided to stay together.  He seems to have a pretty warm relationship with one of her former teachers on Twitter. (I'm big time procrastinating on a school assignment so I'm wasting time on social media.)  If they were broken up, I just don't see that happening.   

I know many don't think they are right for each other but I think they are cute together (Nick's outburst excepted).  This may all be circumstantial but Sonia mentioned a new job a while back and it seems it's in Broward County which is where Nick lives.  It also seems that her brother felt bad for Nick during the understandable social media firestorm due to his outburst.  I don't think if they had broken up her brother would've cared about Nick's feelings.  I believe they are in Costa Rica together right now.  I like Lilly and Tom too but I think Nick and Sonia have much more in common with what they want out of life.  That goes a long way in making a marriage work.  I may be giving him way too much credit but I think Nick might be a little different off camera which is why Sonia may have slept with him in the first place.  If he warms up a little, I could see them going the distance.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Lion18 said:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_tTncCivhts

derek rap about the honeymoon 

dont know if this was posted already 

Lol, obviously trying to cash in on his 15-mins but he sounds like a cracker boy trying to rap like he's got street cred.  It's embarrassing.  Maybe tweens will like it.  (No offense inetended to the tweens.)

Now instead of being just a whiny manchild he can be a whiny fame-ho manchild!

Heather is so lucky to have dodged this bullet.  She definitely knew what she was doing when she dumped him.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jenrising said:

If you don't want to gift that petulant child with a youtube view, some (all?) of the lyrics are reported here

While I have no desire to see any of it myself, I'm glad there is an option for those that want to see the "lyrics" at the very least so they don't have to give his whiny ass views. 

• Love 4

I agree with amola's post.  I think Nick and Sonia are still together.  And personally I give them a better chance long term than Lilly and Tom because of common goals and lifestyles. She was also wearing her necklace in CR. I liked it by the way.

Some say Nick should be more affectionate, etc., but this is a couple that had sex without telling the viewers.  (good for them)  Maybe BOTH of them are reticent about showing affection in front of the cameras or in public.  It isn't like we are seeing Sonia reaching for him and he's shoving her away.  

One couple likes public PDA and one does not.  And I would rather bet on the couple with a long, slow burn...

Or maybe I am wrong about it all!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I agree with amola's post.  I think Nick and Sonia are still together.  And personally I give them a better chance long term than Lilly and Tom because of common goals and lifestyles. She was also wearing her necklace in CR. I liked it by the way.

Some say Nick should be more affectionate, etc., but this is a couple that had sex without telling the viewers.  (good for them)  Maybe BOTH of them are reticent about showing affection in front of the cameras or in public.  It isn't like we are seeing Sonia reaching for him and he's shoving her away.  

One couple likes public PDA and one does not.  And I would rather bet on the couple with a long, slow burn...

Or maybe I am wrong about it all!

Sonia got a necklace? I thought it was Lillian, and a big deal was made about it being pearls so she couldn't wear it on her wedding day. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Sonia got a necklace? I thought it was Lillian, and a big deal was made about it being pearls so she couldn't wear it on her wedding day. 

Both of them did.  Lilly got one on her wedding day.  Sonia got one before decision day and Nick was shown helping her put it on- on the way to the decision.  She still has the necklace on.

• Love 2

I'm not sure if Nick is in Costa Rica with Sonia. I follow her on snapchat and apparently she's staying in her niece's room, which I can't imagine fitting two people. Though maybe Nick's sleeping on the sofa. But there was also a snap of her having a meal with her brother's family and Nick wasn't at the table and it looked like there was no extra room, so I don't know. Not saying he can't be there, but I've seen no real indication that he is and I don't think it's a given just because they've discussed it before. She's obviously there to see her family and I'd imagine she would go regardless of Nick. I hope they are still together though because I also think they have potential once they really get to know each other. They're both just not the easiest people to get to know, so it takes a while before they're in tune. Doesn't make them incompatible.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MsPH said:

I'm not sure if Nick is in Costa Rica with Sonia. I follow her on snapchat and apparently she's staying in her niece's room, which I can't imagine fitting two people. Though maybe Nick's sleeping on the sofa. But there was also a snap of her having a meal with her brother's family and Nick wasn't at the table and it looked like there was no extra room, so I don't know. Not saying he can't be there, but I've seen no real indication that he is and I don't think it's a given just because they've discussed it before. She's obviously there to see her family and I'd imagine she would go regardless of Nick. I hope they are still together though because I also think they have potential once they really get to know each other. They're both just not the easiest people to get to know, so it takes a while before they're in tune. Doesn't make them incompatible.

This is what I mean with SM. There is no way to know one way or the other. Remember last season Sam kept trying to play it up that they were and in the end they weren't. Then even after the fact it was still a game before the reunion that she kept playing because of those falling for her bs and thinking he should be with her still and hoping they got together again. Thankfully that wasn't the case. I am hoping for Sonia's sake she is not with him. They are not that much a like from what we saw IMO. He is cold and mean and a drunk. I don't get why or how someone could get over being told they don't like you and are not attracted to you so easily. Think about if your spouse or boy/girlfriend did that to you...how could one move on from that? Those are words you don't say in a fight...drunk or pushed or whatever there is no excuse. He did what Sam did I though after the crazy...played the game in his own way to try to make whoever he could get on his side and think he wasn't so bad. Yet it wasn't the only thing he said that was mean and wasn't the only time he was drunk. I still think she was bullied by the "experts" to stick with him and she caved. Its why she supposedly moved back in with him as well. She was conflicted because of them when deep down she knew he meant those words. If you watched Confessions she was saying it all right there and how her gut told her not to do it. She should have listened to her gut on this. That chain was not very thoughtful at all IMO. If thought was put into it he would have found some nice charm to go on it or one with a charm. I also don't think she is someone that would be hard to get to know. I don't see her in such a way at all. BTW, the things the 2 seem to have in common doesn't make them a match. There is so much more than just wanting to be married, have kids and such. They don't seem to have common interests at all from what was said or shown for the most part. As well as I would bet he would act like that again in a second if he didn't like what was said to him or he felt "pushed" or "cornered" or just because he felt like it. And in the end he got his advertising for his crappy clothing line and his rental and I think that is all that matters to him in the end. SMH Now doesn't mean though they didn't decide to just keep a friendship going....especially since that is all they (more so Nick) kept talking about.

Now I am wondering why this wasn't mentioned in the episode thread or here but when Tom gave Lilly the gift there was 2 gifts. There was a flat one as well but we didn't see that one. As well as when she says something during that scene you could tell there was another but they edited out what it was from her TH too. I wonder why that was. While I get the thought behind Tom's gift, I think he could have found her a nicer one. Yet no matter what all the gifts were probably so last minute and producer/"expert" driven. I think more "expert" because of them talking about how gifts show someone you care....*gag* made it sound like that is the only way for anyone to show it with how they spoke too. I honestly think if Tom and Lily learn to compromise on things in their lives they could work.

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

I sometimes think we expect way too much from these people. Nobody's perfect, most not even close. I just fail to see Nick as some kind of a villain despite the infamous outburst. He seems harmless to me. Somewhat clueless and very introverted, but I don't think he means harm and I think he did grow attracted to her towards the end when he got to know her better as a person. Obviously I'd be hurt if my spouse told me they don't even like me (though didn't Nick say most of it to the producer, not Sonia herself?), but I think it would be a bit different coming from someone who supposedly chose me himself and told me he loved me numerous times. I might not take it quite so badly coming from someone who was paired up with me by experts and has only known me for a few weeks within a highly stressful experiment. I mean obviously I'd be hurt, but I would hope I'd be able to give him a second chance, since I'd agreed to marry a stranger in the first place. If you're gonna treat this like normal dating then what's he point of even participating? There's a very slim chance you'll get the spouse of your dreams from this show, so if you're not willing to put in any work or get past any hurdles then just stay away. There's little to be lost by giving things a chance after filming wraps up, unless you don't like your spouse at all and that's obviously not the case with Sonia.

I don't know for sure if they're still together or not, but they were definitely a couple for a while, since Derek posted a pic he took of them together and congratulated them. Seeing as he hangs out with the other participants so often (just this weekend with Tom and Lilly), I think he knows what's up and it would be pretty crappy of him to congratulate Sonia and Nick with a cute couple pic, if they'd already split up. That's one of the reasons I suspect they're still in some sort of a relationship. There's other social media as well, like Sonia posting a pic of herself and Nick looking pensive at the reunion show next week with the caption "When you make the same face as your significant other (blush emoji)". Would she be calling Nick her SO, if they'd already broken up before the reunion? I get that some of these people love to mislead viewers, but somehow I don't think it's the case here. They're both so upbeat on SM, not like Sam and Neil where she was acting like a creepy stalker and he was mostly silent. The interviews I've read also point to them being together, so I tend to think that's the case unless they broke up fairly recently. I won't be terribly surprised either way though.

• Love 5

If we go by what's happening on SM then I think Sonia and Nick are still together, but I think they're having some serious fights.  I think they might've even broken up a couple times but then work through it.  That might be why one minute we're sure they're  together then the next minute just as sure they're not.  I guess we'll see at the reunion.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MsPH said:

If you're gonna treat this like normal dating then what's he point of even participating? There's a very slim chance you'll get the spouse of your dreams from this show, so if you're not willing to put in any work or get past any hurdles then just stay away. There's little to be lost by giving things a chance after filming wraps up, unless you don't like your spouse at all and that's obviously not the case with Sonia.

I don't know for sure if they're still together or not, but they were definitely a couple for a while, since Derek posted a pic he took of them together and congratulated them. Seeing as he hangs out with the other participants so often (just this weekend with Tom and Lilly), I think he knows what's up and it would be pretty crappy of him to congratulate Sonia and Nick with a cute couple pic, if they'd already split up. That's one of the reasons I suspect they're still in some sort of a relationship. There's other social media as well, like Sonia posting a pic of herself and Nick looking pensive at the reunion show next week with the caption "When you make the same face as your significant other (blush emoji)". Would she be calling Nick her SO, if they'd already broken up before the reunion? I get that some of these people love to mislead viewers, but somehow I don't think it's the case here. They're both so upbeat on SM, not like Sam and Neil where she was acting like a creepy stalker and he was mostly silent. The interviews I've read also point to them being together, so I tend to think that's the case unless they broke up fairly recently. I won't be terribly surprised either way though.

Sure you aren't suppose to treat this like normal dating but they weren't even treating it as that. Nick is all about a friendship. There isn't even talk of it being a marriage when you hear him. Its always the word friendship used. So he hasn't treated it at all like it should be IMO. As well as put in the work because as he has said you shouldn't have to put in work. I think he has issues that would make a relationship under any kind of circumstances just not work right. IMO its excused away his saying the things he has to be mean and hurtful. He said things to her and where she heard it obvious. Its all excused away to some because of the situation or because of his being an introvert (which I don't buy) or whatever other reason. I don't care if its this kind of situation or a long marriage/dating relationship, if one says the things he has there is reasons behind it and usually its the truth. 

I don't doubt SM is all played up because you still have the reunion show to come. Once that is over I wouldn't be surprised if SM is different from these people. Most of the pictures you see of them "getting together" is going to be set up at this point by the show. I think after the last seasons we have had that producers want them to keep things under wrap no matter what the outcomes. With that how many on SM are thinking Derek and Sonia are hooking up or flirting still though? 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Sure you aren't suppose to treat this like normal dating but they weren't even treating it as that. Nick is all about a friendship. There isn't even talk of it being a marriage when you hear him. Its always the word friendship used. So he hasn't treated it at all like it should be IMO. As well as put in the work because as he has said you shouldn't have to put in work. I think he has issues that would make a relationship under any kind of circumstances just not work right. IMO its excused away his saying the things he has to be mean and hurtful. He said things to her and where she heard it obvious. Its all excused away to some because of the situation or because of his being an introvert (which I don't buy) or whatever other reason. I don't care if its this kind of situation or a long marriage/dating relationship, if one says the things he has there is reasons behind it and usually its the truth. 

I don't doubt SM is all played up because you still have the reunion show to come. Once that is over I wouldn't be surprised if SM is different from these people. Most of the pictures you see of them "getting together" is going to be set up at this point by the show. I think after the last seasons we have had that producers want them to keep things under wrap no matter what the outcomes. With that how many on SM are thinking Derek and Sonia are hooking up or flirting still though? 

I don't see his introversion as a matter of opinion or something he's trying to sell. He acts like an introvert, his friends and family describe an introvert when talking about him, and I, a fellow extreme introvert, see a lot of myself in him, for better and for worse. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's a duck as far as I'm concerned. No, being an introvert doesn't excuse bad behaviour, but it does help one to understand why he is the way he is, why he finds it so hard to tell Sonia what he's thinking and feeling and why he seems almost scared of touching her. It's not intentional or something he's chosen for himself, I can tell you that much. No one wants to be inhibited, they just are and it's hard to change. For a person like him, it takes time to be truly comfortable with someone. It doesn't make him gay or a robot or unfit for a relationship (I mean, I've been in one for 5 years already despite all my "issues").

There are plenty of relationships that start from friendship and develop into more later. Just because you don't want to rip each other's clothes off the first night doesn't mean you never will. Both Nick and Sonia have said that they wouldn't have picked each other up from a bar, so clearly it wasn't instant chemistry. Trying to force intimacy in a situation like that isn't the best idea as evidenced by what happened with these two. I think they decided to take things to the next level maybe with some liquid courage involved, but Nick was still iffy about his feelings, so it got a bit too intense for him afterwards. He said himself here that is wasn't primarily about physical attraction. I just don't get this idea that he was never attracted to her and never will be because at one point in time he wasn't feeling it and wanted to escape the situation. Attraction isn't a constant, unless you're really shallow and equate attractiveness with looks, and those looks never change (which is impossible).

After the outburst Sonia was obviously very hurt and not open to any physical affection, so they tried to build a friendship. I know most of us have been like "why won't he just make a move?", but when you think about it, they'd been mostly affectionate off camera, so Sonia's unwillingness to move back in and thus be around him off camera sent a pretty strong signal that advances aren't welcome. Maybe she didn't mean it like that, but I'm sure that's how it came off from Nick's point of view. He did give her a hug and a kiss on the forehead in two episodes, also called her beautiful on their mini-break and said "you look pretty" when they were getting ready for the final decision. It's not like he was acting totally cold. Seems to me that taking a step back and becoming friends first was a good idea, since they wanted to stay married.

• Love 7

I couldn't agree with MsPH more.  I don't hate Nick or think he's bad for Sonia.  I think they are cute together, actually. When he looks at her, he looks at her kindly, IMO.    My husband is an introvert (and I'm a total extrovert) and we've been mostly happily married for 16 years.  I do think Nick got overwhelmed by everything and had a very unfortunate meltdown.  I could see my husband melting down with cameras and constant talk too.  My husband is not into PDA either but he's affectionate in private.  I get these things about him now and don't expect him to shout his feelings from the rooftops. He needs time alone to process things.  I think since Sonia is an empathetic person and she could learn to understand his introvertedness.  It seems he can actually be pretty thoughtful with gifts and actions and things like that.  I see a future for them.  Who knows, I could be wrong about it all, too.  It's so hard to know when we actually see so little of their real interactions with one another. 

I think Tom and Lilly are cute too but I do see more issues for them down the road.  I think she will end up giving up a lot of herself to be with him.  She's young now but she may grow to resent him. 

• Love 5