Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Yikes, I can't deal with everybody wanting to diagnose people.  There was a time when people were just accepted the way they were.  If Nick's an asshole, he's an asshole, no diagnosis for that. 

I heard on Lipstick Alley that Sonia made a long IG post because some people found out that she tried to be an actress?  I know her Instagram is private.  Anybody see it?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Yikes, I can't deal with everybody wanting to diagnose people.  There was a time when people were just accepted the way they were.  If Nick's an asshole, he's an asshole, no diagnosis for that. 

It really could be that simple.

• Love 2

I think Nick is simple.  

Someone on Lipstick Alley made a good point about this show; is it so bad to be unmarried that you would attach your finances, credit and everything to a stranger?  

I watched that clip.  Goodness.  I don't know if this is a diagnosis for Nick, but I think he is a people pleaser, and people pleasers are the worst because they want to make everybody happy; then they get resentful because they get sick of pleasing everybody and wind up hurting everybody.  I think Nick wanted to please his mother, she liked Sonia, so Nick pretended that he liked her.  But a person can only put up a facade for so long.

I feel sorry for Sonia because being with a people pleaser is the worst.  Sonia asked who the Nick during the Honeymoon was, well he was still being a people pleaser, but when Nick was talking to the producer, THAT was the real Nick.  People pleasers are folks who feel that if they say the truth, everybody will hate them and think they are awful; but in reality, people pleasers are awful because you can never trust them.

I just wonder what will happen after this; will they divorce now too?

Someone on  Lipstick Alley said that they should ask these people for pictures of their exes so they'll know what "type" they're attracted to.  I remember one of Tom's friends said that Lily was "his type," which is probably why they're still together.

ETA:  I just saw Sonia's IG post, it's not a video.  Apparently she went to a performing arts center and did some acting and a few webisodes but it was a hobby and she quit it to start her non profit.  I guess some people were wondering if this was some kind of acting job for her.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

people for pictures of their exes so they'll know what "type" they're attracted to.  I remember one of Tom's friends said that Lily was "his type," which is probably why they're still together.

Edited 1 minute ago by Neurochick.

I heard they asked the family/participants for pictures of exs this season. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Someone on  Lipstick Alley said that they should ask these people for pictures of their exes so they'll know what "type" they're attracted to.  I remember one of Tom's friends said that Lily was "his type," which is probably why they're still together.

Just show them pictures of the candidates and have them rate them 1-10 on a full-body shot.  That way there's no doubt about physical attraction.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Wow. How incredibly hurtful. Even his dogs looked sad. That was ugly. If she takes a permanent hike, good luck to him finding a woman after that.  

Agreed. Glad Sonia held strong. She was hurt no doubt but she didn't give that asshole one tear at least not to his face. Maybe she cried later but I didn't see any tears in that clip and I hope it's the same in the episode.

Nick was obviously toasted, red eyes, slurred words, unreasonable anger, yep he was drunk. Still no excuse for his behavior. Sonia was right. He acted like a 10 year old, just very immature. If the "experts" try to save their "marriage" if I were her I'd tell them to go f^ck themselves. 

• Love 12

There's always the possibility this was all planned. It seems to have been set up from the beginning at the wedding with all the talk about him not telling her she was beautiful. It's been a theme the whole time. Maybe they just picked up from what was actually happening & ran with it. What makes me wonder is Sonia didn't look a bit surprised (not necessarily with his words but even with the emotion that seemed so uncharacteristic of him thus far), & she didn't seem upset in the TH. Nick has a big notice on his twitter about the preview of him not being in love with Sonia. It also makes me wonder why he'd want to announce that kind of behavior as if excited for people to see it, unless it was planned & they're both excited about their 'acting'.

Possible motives - Nick got lots of advertising for his business & Sonia has an Instagram notice (she did acting but didn't do this for that reason - she's clearing that up for us) discussing her non profit & how to follow online - donations could come rolling in from this... mutual user agreement of sorts between them.

I'm so jaded... but it's a thought.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

There's always the possibility this was all planned. It seems to have been set up from the beginning at the wedding with all the talk about him not telling her she was beautiful. It's been a theme the whole time. Maybe they just picked up from what was actually happening & ran with it. What makes me wonder is Sonia didn't look a bit surprised (not necessarily with his words but even with the emotion that seemed so uncharacteristic of him thus far), & she didn't seem upset in the TH. Nick has a big notice on his twitter about the preview of him not being in love with Sonia. It also makes me wonder why he'd want to announce that kind of behavior as if excited for people to see it, unless it was planned & they're both excited about their 'acting'.

Possible motives - Nick got lots of advertising for his business & Sonia has an Instagram notice (she did acting but didn't do this for that reason - she's clearing that up for us) discussing her non profit & how to follow online - donations could come rolling in from this... mutual user agreement of sorts between them.

The show was already filmed so I am sure they edited it to tell the story that's why we had clues in the beginning. It's in the editing not planned. 

• Love 3

I think that the pot smoking was WHY Heather was allowed to "break" her contract. The producrrs may even spring for an annulment?

I never had a problem w Ashley...like Neurochick said i also am not the type who just could not go to bed with a guy if i was really turned off. I do understand the play along...I think Sonia tried. Ashley didnt try much but she hung in there. I dont blame any of them except what Nick was just horrible and hurtful. Ugh

I wonder id the producers pick.train wrecks cause fans seem to like the drama? I am a big fan of Lilly and Tom...I think they make a great couple. I admire the way they have some little spats But they do not attack each other. Lilly told Tom he must wash his feet before getting in the bed and made a cute joke like dirty feet would mean no sex haha. Tom happily scrubbed up.Lilly didnt say you are gross..disgusting...blah blah. That is what I really admire about them

I am team T-illy !!

Edited by Stillhoping
Spelling
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I don't know how to bring thingys from SM or stuff like that, but I saw on another forum where a renter discribed staying in one of Nick's Airbnb rentals and it was the house they shared to a tee. Not sure the importance of this though.

need this proof! My love to hate on Nick will be through the roof!

6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get what business Nick is promoting.  Has he or anybody else said anything about his business?  I don't even know what his business is. 

On Twitter he admits to being an owner of Section 8 Yacht Club, whose tshirts he's been wearing on the show.  He's also been generous enough to provide tshirts for sonia to wear.

And, of course, he's got his Airbnbs.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I watched that clip.  Goodness.  I don't know if this is a diagnosis for Nick, but I think he is a people pleaser, and people pleasers are the worst because they want to make everybody happy; then they get resentful because they get sick of pleasing everybody and wind up hurting everybody.  I think Nick wanted to please his mother, she liked Sonia, so Nick pretended that he liked her.  But a person can only put up a facade for so long.

I don't think Nick is a "people pleaser" at all because they are usually some of the most selfless, other-centered, martyring people around.  A person who truly fits that name is usually revolves themselves around making other people happy and can't say "no" to any requests for help or else they feel guilty.  Other people's needs are more important than theirs because they feel they are fundamentally unworthy.  They usually end up being taken advantage of and neglecting their own needs in every aspect of life.   Nick is just a selfish asshole if you ask me, about as far away from a "people pleaser" as he could possibly get.  He's on team Nick and team Nick only.  He would never feel guilty for not trying to make someone happy.  Certainly he did absolutely NOTHING to show he wanted to please Sonia in any way.  He has never acted on the show like other people's feelings are of any importance to him whatsoever, IMHO.  He's just misrepresenting himself so other people will think more highly of him and he really couldn't give a rat's rear end how anyone, especially Sonia, feels about it. 

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, lordonia said:

As for people castigating Heather or Nick, compare their behavior to Jaclyn or (ugh) Jamie. Both were distressed and displeased on their wedding days but they went forward one step at a time. Neither quit.

Doug was patient, charming and funny enough that Jamie eventually began to overlook what she saw as his physical flaws.

These are great points.  But if we compare Doug's behavior to Derek's behavior there's a big difference.  

If Doug had whined and called names to Jamie over ANYTHING she would've bolted and probably the same for Jaclyn with Ryan.  Derek complained and whined and needs to take grown-up lessons from Doug (and even Ryan) on how to win a woman.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 8

If Doug had whined and called names to Jamie over ANYTHING she would've bolted and probably the same for Jaclyn with Ryan.

And also, Doug and Jamie are generally considered to have a dysfunctional, unhealthy marriage that is held together by Jamie's desperation for the limelight and Doug's... I don't even know what Doug gets out of it. Jaclyn and Ryan divorced, and Jaclyn was ultimately pretty bitter about Ryan's behavior.

So are they really great support for the idea that participants should just push through discomfort and disinterest? Or are they more evidence that there's no point in doing so? 

• Love 3

Hey Hey someone has to stick up for people pleasers. 

I have been diagnosed as a people pleaser and a lot of other things that are probably interconnected - not so such on the invisible internet, but in real life., I can tell you it sucks to be a people pleaser.  it is not what I want to do, but very hard to control. I try very hard to only fight it when it is important and let a lot of small things slide.  Sometimes there are things that conflict and that is stressful like having parents that are ill and a husband going through a midlife crisis while managing a project being staffed with cheap under qualified staff.  Everyone thinks they should be number one in your life. Nope, you should be number one.  Please don't pick on people pleasers, it is a curse, not a sin.

I don't think Nick is a people pleaser, just a contract follower, wants or needs the money. a true people pleaser would have tried to please the dogs and the person. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I agree.  I do think though that when Derek said she didn't reply it was taken as she didn't reply to him at all when what he meant could have been that she didn't reply to something specific within the text. 

It could have been or it was that she didn't reply to ever text he sent to her. 

7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Sean Lowe was The Bachelor and is married to the person he proposed to. Jason Messnick married his second choice.

And Sean and Catherine are having their first baby together too. I think that was the last Bachelor I watched too. I liked them and was glad they made it. 

5 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I don't know how to bring thingys from SM or stuff like that, but I saw on another forum where a renter discribed staying in one of Nick's Airbnb rentals and it was the house they shared to a tee. Not sure the importance of this though.

on another note I saw that Vaughn is a baby daddy!

Interesting that Vaughn is a daddy now. LOL As for Nick's place it did look like the yard from the pics on the rental page but I couldn't tell on the rooms to much but things could have changed since the taping too. 

4 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

But, isn't this classic narcissism Snarklepuss?  No feelings, even for Mom.  The only thing is, that he is kind to the dogs...

Growing up with the oh so wonderful narcissistic mom, I will say no. He hasn't done what people like that normally would do before being trying to hurt and tear you down....which would have been him building up confidence that he was in to her and liked her in some manner then the real truth of how they were thinking or felt would come out. Sam was a classic narc with how she treated Neil from the get go. Nick is just a cold hearted bitch. 

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

At this point that is what I think he is. A lying asshole and nothing more. 

3 hours ago, Enero said:

Agreed. Glad Sonia held strong. She was hurt no doubt but she didn't give that asshole one tear at least not to his face. Maybe she cried later but I didn't see any tears in that clip and I hope it's the same in the episode.

Nick was obviously toasted, red eyes, slurred words, unreasonable anger, yep he was drunk. Still no excuse for his behavior. Sonia was right. He acted like a 10 year old, just very immature. If the "experts" try to save their "marriage" if I were her I'd tell them to go f^ck themselves. 

I am so glad she stayed calm that whole time. He is a major asshole and hopefully they are done. She deserves better. You know these idiot "experts" will try to show them back together no matter what. Its what they do best but hopefully she will give them a special finger and as she walks out on that. Which I have to say would be the most awesome thing ever to see with this show after all the crappy matches they have made and the pushing these people to stick it out even when its not going to work. LOL 

I noticed he was toasted. Not the first time in all this either. 

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Glad to know the acting thing was not what some may have though. She hasn't come off to me like she was doing this for that reason...unlike some (Jamie). Nick though for sure is getting free advertising out of this all. It goes to show how dumb editing is for not catching that he was always wearing something from that clothing line and blurring it or during filming that someone didn't ask him to put something else on. I can't see him paying to be able to wear his stuff or use his rental. Which brings me to who is paying for the rentals. I know something was mentioned they have to themselves but I can't see how that would be possible for these people to do so and keep paying for what they had beforehand. IF they do pay for it would they give money to Nick for using his rental or for even being allowed to film in it? 

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

need this proof! My love to hate on Nick will be through the roof!

On Twitter he admits to being an owner of Section 8 Yacht Club, whose tshirts he's been wearing on the show.  He's also been generous enough to provide tshirts for sonia to wear.

And, of course, he's got his Airbnbs.

Which in that scene he has on one of his shirts. If you do a search of his name with AirBnB you can find his rental. The backyard looks exactly the same. I had to peek at it. I was trying to compare the rest of it but we have seen so little of the place really. Yet as I have said he will totally at some point put up how it was seen on MAFS or how have a shirt just like the one he wore on MAFS. *rollseyes* I know when I looked it had him stating that he was on MAFS in his profile for his rental. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

I think Sonia has handled herself with class and honesty, if this show was filmed after the fact. I think that Nick might not have feelings for people in general, he can socialize, mingle, have casual sex with, do business with and tolerate them to some extent, but feelings are not something he is comfortable with. He doesn't even answer his mom with any feeling. My Latina female friends are very sexy and uninhabited (not generalizing) just sayin, they are so not into flat Nick.

Not sure how anyone of any type could be into "flat Nick". LOL More so after this show. Good for Sonia for being able to handle things as well as she has so far. I can imagine its not easy to but considering her job, maybe that is what helps her be able to keep cool during all the crap. 

• Love 2

Nick charged M@FS $3200/month to use his kennel/rental?

Must have been a point of negotiation/leverage for him to be on the show.

No wonder he wasn't worried about paying rent...to himself.

Sonia was on the fake transaction so for her silence, she didn't have to pay any faux rent since she was married to the landlord.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

These are great points.  But if we compare Doug's behavior to Derek's behavior there's a big difference.  

If Doug had whined and called names to Jamie over ANYTHING she would've bolted and probably the same for Jaclyn with Ryan.  Derek complained and whined and needs to take grown-up lessons from Doug (and even Ryan) on how to win a woman.

That's certainly true and Derek has acted very immaturely. Leaving an irretrievably broken marriage was the right choice for Heather as a person. I was mostly referring to her taking a pasting in the public eye because she's perceived as being snobby and not trying.

Edited by lordonia

Did anyone notice in the preview for next week's episode that Nick went outside to smoke after his argument with Sonia? He also accused Sonia of nitpicking. If he had been paired with Heather, it would be interesting to see how their dynamics would have worked out...I think Heather would have called him out right away on that stuff so he wouldn't have blown up after weeks of repressing his feelings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Nick charged M@FS $3200/month to use his kennel/rental?

Must have been a point of negotiation/leverage for him to be on the show.

No wonder he wasn't worried about paying rent...to himself.

Sonia was on the fake transaction so for her silence, she didn't have to pay any faux rent since she was married to the landlord.

Steep rent, if accurate.  

Do they sleep on a mattress on the floor or does it just look that way?  

9 hours ago, Gobears said:

I saw on Twitter that Sonia's brother was concerned that Nick would be "dragged on social media" for his outburst. If Nick and Sonia split, why would the brother care? 

Maybe he's a people pleaser.

<ducks>

9 hours ago, Paddywagon said:

That clip of Nick and Sonia was so hard to watch.  Wow, how did she hold it together?  He was so harsh.

I saw her professional Social Work training come out in force there.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, and, at risk of tomatoes flying through my screen, she could be in on other fake goings ons here, for drama... I'm not sure yet & may never know for sure.  She just didn't seem that upset - regardless of her social work training, this was personal, & she's become emotional over a lot less.

(okay now I'll duck!)

• Love 5

Verification of Nick and Sonia's housing budget:

Taken from the knot.com

"After looking at a couple of homes, Nick and Sonia decide on a four bedroom house with a hot tub and hammock for $3,200/month. It’s over their budget, but it’s clear they both love the house right away."

11 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I don't think Nick is a people pleaser, just a contract follower, wants or needs the money. a true people pleaser would have tried to please the dogs and the person. 

Ah, that is a good point.  If he's there to sell his brand, then he might have felt he had to play "nice" in order to do that.  

Frankly, I really don't believe that anybody in their right mind would come on a show like this to find true love.  Candid reality shows have been on for what, ten years?  I can see it if this were a REAL experiment, something that wasn't going to be sold to a TV network.  A scientific experiment that would be shown to graduate students.  I can see someone agreeing to do that, but seriously, how desperate can somebody be, to not only be paired off with a complete stranger, but to have it filmed for a national TV audience.  I just don't get that, and that's why I can't feel sorry for any of these people; they are there to sell whatever brand they're selling, be it rentals, tee shirts or a non profit.  So gonecrackers, I agree with you.

People want to be on reality TV today, because it is a bit of fame and some people feel that "you're not anybody unless you're on TV" (From the movie 'To Die For'.)

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Yes, and, at risk of tomatoes flying through my screen, she could be in on other fake goings ons here, for drama... I'm not sure yet & may never know for sure.  She just didn't seem that upset - regardless of her social work training, this was personal, & she's become emotional over a lot less.

(okay now I'll duck!)

No tomato throwing here. I've had the same thought myself because really, reality is not reality. Almost everything is staged, scripted. 

On the flip side Sonia looked like she was pretty much over it herself. I don't think she was emotionally invested in Nick in the first place. She's had weeks to conclude and accept that he had no interest in her. So his outburst though ugly and hurtful confirmed what she knew all along.

42 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Ah, that is a good point.  If he's there to sell his brand, then he might have felt he had to play "nice" in order to do that.  

Frankly, I really don't believe that anybody in their right mind would come on a show like this to find true love.  Candid reality shows have been on for what, ten years?  I can see it if this were a REAL experiment, something that wasn't going to be sold to a TV network.  A scientific experiment that would be shown to graduate students.  I can see someone agreeing to do that, but seriously, how desperate can somebody be, to not only be paired off with a complete stranger, but to have it filmed for a national TV audience.  I just don't get that, and that's why I can't feel sorry for any of these people; they are there to sell whatever brand they're selling, be it rentals, tee shirts or a non profit.  So gonecrackers, I agree with you.

People want to be on reality TV today, because it is a bit of fame and some people feel that "you're not anybody unless you're on TV" (From the movie 'To Die For'.)

I've been saying this from the beginning. I honestly can't believe any of these folks came on a reality TV show to marry a stranger. The stench of desperation for such a reason would be humiliating. Some might've really hoped to find love, but I think they all have personal agendas outside of the show's premise. But even with those personal agendas I think marrying a stranger (if the marriages are real) to push your business or charity or acting career is extreme. They'd done better releasing a sex tape....scratch that none of them have the looks or the branding genius that is the Kardashians. So that probably would've failed too. I guess MAFS could be the bottom of the barrel if you're looking to turn 5 minutes of fame into an entertainment career. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3

^^^^^

So true Enero.  I remember during the matchmaking special, there was a black man who was about 6'10".  They really, really liked him.  He had a huge personality; but he couldn't do the show because of his job which was....sales.  No surprise there.  I bet from being on the matchmaking show alone, he made a few sales, just from people who said. "I saw you on TV, you were great." 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, lordonia said:

That's certainly true and Derek has acted very immaturely. Leaving an irretrievably broken marriage was the right choice for Heather as a person. I was mostly referring to her taking a pasting in the public eye because she's perceived as being snobby and not trying.

Heather's getting hit pretty hard and I wish she had been paired differently.  She has come across as being cold and quitting but I'm pretty sure Jamie and Jaclyn would've remained cold and quit if Doug and Ryan had called them names and whined as much as Derek.

We got to see who Jamie and Jaclyn are but never got to see who Heather is.  Mostly we saw her deflecting Derek's tantrums.  I'm surely not a Heather fan but I bet she could've been really interesting on this show.  Like, the wedding dress Heather picked was fugly but we never got to see the side of her that would pick a dress like that.  Maybe she would've been the wife that paraded around in things they had to blur out a lot. Or maybe she would've been hyper-sexual like Jaclyn.  Or maybe she would've been nothing more than a cold bitch.  In any case it's too bad she was paired with a man child and we never got to find out.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Heather's getting hit pretty hard and I wish she had been paired differently.  She has come across as being cold and quitting but I'm pretty sure Jamie and Jaclyn would've remained cold and quit if Doug and Ryan had called them names and whined as much as Derek.

We got to see who Jamie and Jaclyn are but never got to see who Heather is.  Mostly we saw her deflecting Derek's tantrums.  I'm surely not a Heather fan but I bet she could've been really interesting on this show.  Like, the wedding dress Heather picked was fugly but we never got to see the side of her that would pick a dress like that.  Maybe she would've been the wife that paraded around in things they had to blur out a lot. Or maybe she would've been hyper-sexual like Jaclyn.  Or maybe she would've been nothing more than a cold bitch.  In any case it's too bad she was paired with a man child and we never got to find out.

Trailer trash?  The thing is, she was joyless even when picking out the dress...before meeting Derek.  Derek didn't take a girl with a sunny, happy personality and beat her into a dour bitch with his tantrums, she was like that from the beginning.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Verification of Nick and Sonia's housing budget:

Taken from the knot.com

"After looking at a couple of homes, Nick and Sonia decide on a four bedroom house with a hot tub and hammock for $3,200/month. It’s over their budget, but it’s clear they both love the house right away."

The $3200 rent was mentioned on the show when they toured the house. We don't have proof that the house is Nick's, though.  It has a very distinct fireplace which I haven't noticed in any of his AirBnb picture posts.

1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

Trailer trash?  The thing is, she was joyless even when picking out the dress...before meeting Derek.  Derek didn't take a girl with a sunny, happy personality and beat her into a dour bitch with his tantrums, she was like that from the beginning.   

Maybe Heather is just a joyless cold bitch but I think there's a lot about her we didn't see.  We got to see her calling it quits but didn't get to see the girl who would buy a wedding dress like that.  That's too bad because at first she seemed happy about being married and I think things could've gotten so much more interesting.  But as soon as she turned on the bitchiness on the bike ride Derek crumbled into a man-child.

Heather's being severely criticized for quitting but my bet is Jamie and Jaclyn would've given up just like Heather did.  And, similarly, I don't think we would've gotten to know Jamie and Jaclyn if they were matched with Derek-the-whiney-stoner.  Doug and Ryan were both badly rejected at first but managed to turn it around.  I hope Derek takes notes on how guys get it done, and it ain't by whining about surfing instructors and smoking doobie.

I find it especially disappointing it was Heather who was matched with Derek because I think she'd have been more interesting than most people on this show.  Especially if she turned out to be trailer trash!  So, yeah, I'm disappointed we didn't get to know who she really is.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

But Heather bought the tackiest wedding dress possible...one that showcases her boobs in the most unflattering way.  IMO.

Exactly!  Who wears a fugly dress like that?  Is she trailer trash?  Is she hyper-sexual?  Or is she just a mean, cold person?  Or, holy saggy boobs Batman, maybe she's a really classy chick.  That's what I want to know because I have a feeling that would be really something to watch.  I don't care for her but at least she's different and seems pretty interesting.  Her TH's in the last show really got me interested in who she really is because it doesn't match up to what we've seen.

Unfortunately she got matched with a guy who doesn't have a man-clue so we'll never know.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

(okay now I'll duck!)

I think how she got was more frustrated during those times before because he would blurt out things that had nothing to do with what was being discussed. She asks about him and he blurts out he doesn't love her. She didn't ask if he loved her. She may have felt that walking away was best in the situation rather than saying something that she couldn't take back in the moment....unlike Nick. Some people are able to keep emotions under wraps in certain moments as needed until they are alone. Which we have no clue if she does show any during things since we haven't seen the episode yet, or if its edited out, or if she waited until she was alone with no cameras around. I wouldn't blame her if she held it together until that time. Which I would think most emotions at this point, would be anger at the "experts" for such a horrible match. 

18 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

But Heather bought the tackiest wedding dress possible...one that showcases her boobs in the most unflattering way.  IMO.

Sadly its a trend in wedding dresses out there. That and ones that almost make the bride look nude in parts. There was an article not long ago about the ones that were "hot" styles right now. There was low fronts, low backs were it would hit the top of the ass, sheer looking ones and super short ones. It was just nothing that screamed wedding dresses at all. While Heather's dress wasn't the greatest, I don't think she is trailer trash because of it or anything else. There are many brides out there that pick terrible dresses though. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I actually teared up for Sonia watching this. I can't imagine anyone staying after that. He was brutal and hateful and looked pretty lit. He's got emotions alright, just not the right ones for Sonia 

Yeah, that was pretty awful. The full clip is worst than the 30 second clip on MAFS Facebook page! I don't understand how the heck they could ever come back from that.

I have to say, I was cheering Sonia on that she didn't shed one tear for this jerk while she was leaving. During his outburst she looks confounded more than anything, not hurt like he intended to hurt her.

• Love 2

Nick is right about one thing - there is no love relationship without attraction. This show is silly because these are not people looking for arranged marriages without attraction - they expect to get the whole thing. Impossible to match for chemistry sight unseen.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Yep - she had the stank face from day one. (Not that he was a prize either.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

Sadly its a trend in wedding dresses out there. That and ones that almost make the bride look nude in parts. There was an article not long ago about the ones that were "hot" styles right now. There was low fronts, low backs were it would hit the top of the ass, sheer looking ones and super short ones. It was just nothing that screamed wedding dresses at all. While Heather's dress wasn't the greatest, I don't think she is trailer trash because of it or anything else. There are many brides out there that pick terrible dresses though. 

Yes, Heather's plunging boob revealing neckline is a trend out there right now, even on very formal, traditional gowns.  Speaking of sad, I've watched every wedding gown show out there.

Here's a Google images page of nothing but current wedding gowns of all kinds with that exact lack of a neckline:

https://www.google.com/search?q=wedding+gown+plunging+neckline&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifo6jbsJfPAhUF4SYKHbI7CdUQsAQIkAE&biw=1408&bih=670

I think Heather thought it was a "classy" look, but unfortunately she couldn't pull it off without looking trashy.  It's not my taste either.  I'm not a prude but I think some of these revealing gowns are OTT.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I think Heather thought it was a "classy" look, but unfortunately she couldn't pull it off without looking trashy.  It's not my taste either.  I'm not a prude but I think some of these revealing gowns are OTT.

I agree... I wonder if producers influence gown choice at all.

Recalling how when she was looking at gowns her mom did not seem pleased with that one (yeah neither would I if I were mom). I can't recall how the friends reacted. Even with so little time she should've been able to find something better. I think she was going for a Marilyn Monroe look, as she had cut her hair too - it was longer before the wedding. But she didn't pull that off. The other thing was it was not as revealing when she was trying it on- it dipped but no real boobage showing, so I was surprised to see just how much was on display when she actually wore it. Maybe it just wasn't fitted properly & wasn't meant to show that much? Either way, bad choice especially to marry someone she didn't know, since that definitely could've given him a first impression other than 'classy'.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe it just wasn't fitted properly & wasn't meant to show that much? Either way, bad choice especially to marry someone she didn't know, since that definitely could've given him a first impression other than 'classy'.

Interesting that you mention how poorly fitting Heather's gown was - I remember thinking it didn't look like it fit properly like it was a last minute purchase and there wasn't enough time for proper alterations.

I also thought that about Sonia's gown.  It looked like it needed some alteration in the bodice area.  It stood out from her chest like it wasn't taken in enough.  I'm not a seamstress but my mother was one and she made my wedding gown by hand.

Interestingly, I didn't feel that about past seasons.  I remember most of the other gowns fitting very well.

• Love 5