Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E24: Countdown to the Finale / S15.E25: Live Finale Results

• Start Topic

S15.E24:

A live special highlighting the show’s top 10 finalists, featuring a sneak peek at the preparations and never-before-seen backstage footage from the season.

S15.E25:

Host Terry Crews reveals whom America has chosen as the $1 million winner.

Original airdate: 9/23/20

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

This is gonna be a long night...

I would be watching Guardians of the Galaxy if my antenna hadn't dropped ABC.

The recap made me realize why I like the pre-recorded acts on the Universal sets ... no switching to the judges 20 times per act so they can be amazed, shocked, stunned, scared, blah blah. We actually get to see acts from start to finish. If they continue with that, no audience and no Simon, this could be a pretty good show.

Anyone complaining about the final acts being crummy needed to see that recap and be reminded of all the acts your brain thankfully made you forget.

Cristina Rae gets to sing with Ryan Tedder? Holy cow. All my votes tonight go to Ryan.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Cristina Rae gets to sing with Ryan Tedder? Holy cow. All my votes tonight go to Ryan.

lol...I wasn't paying attention so I didn't catch who she was performing with, and had no idea until they said One Republic at the end. I could not name a member of OR if you paid me.

I also have no clue who this person is singing while Bello sisters perform in a different country. (Are they recorded? Isn't it too late in Germany for the young one to be on TV?)

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I could not name a member of OR if you paid me.

You need to watch Songland. That show is The Best and we learn what goes into making a hit song. Ryan Tedder is on that with Ester Dean and Shane McAnally. Ryan rarely sings so it's a treat when he does.

Alan Silva and his brother would have made it to the finals together as a Danger Act.

I've never heard of the woman singing with the Bello Sisters and the Silva Brothers. And I keep up with pop music pretty much. I guess not enough.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

F@CK!!! I just realized this goes for another hour! I thought it was 8-10! 

This is so boring, I'm really falling asleep. 

I know! It was the recap (which I barely watched and had youtube videos playing during most of it) for an hour then the two-hour finale. Because we just had to see Howie tricked into dressing up as a peacock.

Blake Shelton is the only famous singer I've recognized so far...

Terry uses the word "sensational" a lot.

Christina's kid even gets the pimp spot on the family support segment.

52 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

You need to watch Songland. That show is The Best and we learn what goes into making a hit song. Ryan Tedder is on that with Ester Dean and Shane McAnally. Ryan rarely sings so it's a treat when he does.

I've seen a little of it but I never got into it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Christina's kid even gets the pimp spot on the family support segment.

LOL!

My eyes keep getting drawn to a certain area in Terry's pleather/leather/plastic pants. They fit oddly, or maybe it's not so odd.

I guess all the judge hilarity is to make up for them not getting their face time during the recorded acts.

V.Unbeatable and BAD Salsa won the night for me. That was spectacular. And Archie rocked his duet. I pretty much zoned out during the other singers.

• LOL 1

V.Unbeatable and BAD Salsa won the night for me. That was spectacular. And Archie rocked his duet. I pretty much zoned out during the other singers.

I really want BAD Salsa to win.

Who are these people Kenadi and Roberta are singing with? (Clearly I know nothing of recent pop stars.)

• Love 2

I have only watched episodes here and there this season, but every time I've seen Bad Salsa I have been completely flabbergasted. What are the chances they win?

Also that...tux that Terry is wearing is so awful that I'm just as flabbergasted.

• Love 3

5 minutes ago, dvr devotee said:

Also that...tux that Terry is wearing is so awful that I'm just as flabbergasted.

I hadn't noticed until Saber's comment above and now I can't unsee.

2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Not sure about two tweens singing about getting together with an ex for sex with no commitment.

Is that what that song was about (never paid attention to the lyrics).

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Is that what that song was about (never paid attention to the lyrics).

Yes It's my favorite song, it's played multi times a day on radio. They were hot lovers who couldn't "make it past the kitchen," but eventually they split. An earthquake made them think about dying so they got back together for end-of-days sex with no ties, just great sex before the world ends.

Well, my favs are gone. Soon this show and its winner will be gone from my memory.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Finally, some results on the results show... Top Five!

• Spoiler

• Alan Silva vs Bello Sisters: I feel bad for the young one. She's probably just off camera and they can't show her.
    • Love the golf cart drive-in audience.
    • Christina Rae vs Daneliya Tuleshova: Who's shocked? Anyone?
    • BAD Salsa vs Broken Roots: Bad Salsa look so tiny next to those guys. Of course Ameriker went for the singers. They flew 22 hours just to be sent home. 😞 
    • Kenadi Dodds vs Roberta Battaglia: Aw, poor Kenadi was trying not to cry before he even announced it. Between the two, I liked KD better.
    • Archie Williams vs Brandon Leake: That one actually did surprise me.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

. Of course Ameriker went for the singers.

You can expand that to white male singers. Wrong decision times a zillion, but I'm not surprised. I posted before that America isn't going to vote for anyone with an accent.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Finally, some results on the results show... Top Five!

•   Reveal spoiler

• Alan Silva vs Bello Sisters: I feel bad for the young one. She's probably just off camera and they can't show her.
    • Love the golf cart drive-in audience.
    • Christina Rae vs Daneliya Tuleshova: Who's shocked? Anyone?
    • BAD Salsa vs Broken Roots: Bad Salsa look so tiny next to those guys. Of course Ameriker went for the singers. They flew 22 hours just to be sent home. 😞 
    • Kenadi Dodds vs Roberta Battaglia: Aw, poor Kenadi was trying not to cry before he even announced it. Between the two, I liked KD better.
    • Archie Williams vs Brandon Leake: That one actually did surprise me.

Oh man I was hoping Christina could at least get the car.

I’m sure woke man is a good teacher but he’s not a great philosopher.  Come on roots.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Love 1

AGT winnings is not going to give them the ability to "live the life they always dreamed of."

I can't believe it's between these two...

4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I thought all 10 finalists got a car because I wondered how the sisters would get it to Germany.

When they mentioned the car I suddenly wanted one of the kids to win. Cuz this show makes me mean like that.

• LOL 1

Brandon won. Good For Him. Broken Roots jinxed themselves with the double kings crossed fingers. One is good luck, two is a jinx. So they only have themselves to blame.

Congrats Brandon! I'm hoping for a resurgence of basement coffee houses and poetry slams. You know, the ones where we'd all snap our fingers in appreciation, beatnik style. Good times!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, ams1001 said:

Final Results: 

Reveal spoiler

5. Alan Silva
4. Roberta Battaglia
3. Christina Rae ?!
2. Broken Roots
1. Brandon Leake

Who's suprised? Anyone?

Not really. Next. Here’s hoping Simon is healing.

ready for next season.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Congrats Brandon! I'm hoping for a resurgence of basement coffee houses and poetry slams. You know, the ones where we'd all snap our fingers in appreciation, beatnik style. Good times!

Bongos Beatniks GIF

I know, right? I'll miss meeting you guys here every week. I'm going to have to scrounge up something else to snark about.

I'm looking forward to The Weakest Link with Jane Lynch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm looking forward to The Weakest Link with Jane Lynch.

I'll see you there. And I am still laughing at the bongo gif. It's like I'm there!

6 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Will there be an All-Stars episode this year? 

I hope so, so BAD Salsa can come back and win that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Not sure about two tweens singing about getting together with an ex for sex with no commitment.

I actually thought it was more twisted to have two young people singing about if the world was ending (check, quite possibly), would you come over to see me (sorry, kid, not an option, but you can say bye over Zoom).

41 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Brandon won. Good For Him. Broken Roots jinxed themselves with the double kings crossed fingers. One is good luck, two is a jinx. So they only have themselves to blame.

And sometimes we'd get to hear some actually good spoken word? 

My mom, who was a music teacher but knew nothing of spoken word, has been raving about him all season. I've been trying to convince her that, while I appreciate that he had as large, broad, and positive a platform for the actual message of a few of his earlier pieces to be heard, that I think the novelty and lack of comparison has given him a great advantage, as, anyone open to the format but unfamiliar with it would be relatively uncritical. 

Well, after last night's, she called me and apologized. When my sister and I were babies, she wrote us each a lovely if earnest song about her love, hopes, fears, blah blah blah for us, and, as she described it last night, "If I stood up there, recited your songs without the melody, guitar, and rhythm just placed dramatic pauses in counter to the natural rhythm or rhyme scheme and stared at the audience for three times what feels natural at the end, I think I could beat him." "Nah, you gotta rock an imaginary baby for so much of it that you start to wonder if it's about some creepy phantom pregnancy." Now, obviously, I don't actually agree that that's correct, either, but I thought last night especially highlighted his weaknesses and made even the less exposed begin to realize it wasn't anything all that special.

I guess it's a fitting act for the year--what's with having everyone (mostly) adhere to proper safety guidelines all season and then throw massive dance troupes, together, up on stage, basically licking each other? I doubt V.Unbeatable has been in quarantine, but we KNOW Bad Salsa just flew across the world two days ago, and now they're leapfrogging with a hundred dancers they've never met? Seems beyond irresponsible, but I guess production's o ER, who cares if they fly back across the world now?--so, a lone poet can be as (more) successful on social media as a stage show?

Greatest disappointment was not getting one "oopsie" wide angle shot at Hello Bello so we could have seen Baby Bello, allegedly tucked in for the night, sitting in the arm chair just out of frame.

• Love 1

Broken Roots blatant pandering to a certain segment of the viewers seems to have worked. But I expect them to quickly sink back into obscurity. Do both of them get cars? Poor performance actually won out over the sob story. Archie, you're a nice guy and it really sucks what happened to you, but your last few performances were not good. You got the personal message from Duchess Meaghan though!

Whenever they get to have the live show, I need to actually try and get a ticket this time just for Bad Salsa. Also wouldn't be surprised if V.Unbeatable gets a slot as the winner of AGT Champions.

• Love 1

Shocked!  First of all, three hours?

I was wrong about a singer or singers winning.  America is into wokemen now.  After the novelty wore off and repetition set in, I'm truly surprised.  The least that could've happened is that Archie or Cristina came in second for the car.

My blue crystal ball is now cracked and my turban flew off!

• LOL 2

Rip Van Lonesome here.  I had this nightmare dream of a season when even Simon didn't show up for most of it.  Most of the acts didn't even perform on stage.  Especially mediocre singers.  Cheating mentalists.  Comics who make everyone cringe.  Full on Cirque professional with custom apparatus.  A bunch of non-USA folks, who don't bother to even perform in the USA.  Then, this one dude who can't even sing performs some lyrics and wins it all.

Then, I WOKE up.

Yup.  It was every bit as convoluted, crass, corrupt, and crazy as I had dreamed.

Good night, sweet Prince.  I'll always have you. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Broken Roots hoping to win to get financial security for their families.... $1million over 40 years divided by 2....

This is a tough year for everyone on the show.   They have spent a lot of time and money to make the top 10, but Covid means their 15 minutes will be over before they can capitalize on it.  

• Love 3

Firsr off.....let me get my "Told you so" and "I knew it all along" out of the way with regard to new agt champion Brandon Leake though a bit of doubt was cast upon me by his final performance while still heartfelt and powerful..... didn't have the drama and soul of his previous outings.

Broken Roots has to be comeback of the history of the show candidates because never before have I seen an act go from out of the live shows.....given a reprieve.....and almost taking it all.  Personally I didn't care for it, thought the song selections didn't suit them....they sounded like two guys who just met and never played before.....all the way to the end but somehow and i don't know how far their backstory carried them.....they won votes over more deserving acts  whether by hook or by crook.  And they have an opportunity now.   It doesn't hurt to play with Blake Shelton and help cross promote the upcoming Voice season.  We will likely see them again as "special guest performers" on a Voice results episode coming soon.

We will see Christina Rae performing a national anthem for some event soon I predict as well as a duet with Kelly Clarkson on her show because on her show.....she sings with everybody.  And Kelly works on the Voice and has a personal relationship with Simon so the loop is established.  Add a cross promotion with Songland and Ryan Tedder who just might totally reinvent a song for her and that makes it work too because you don't really need Vegas if the media is gonna make you a star.

U have to give props to the agt production crew for putting on a very watchable and well presented live show environment as production all over goes through a pandemic induced makeover with difficult protocals put in place.  Much improved over what we had on Idol and the Voice's most recent seasons which made you think they were performing  at a hospital or something.   A learning as you go angle....just like the rest of us.

Be safe..... have peace.

• Love 4

Reading through the posts on the last few weeks worth of episodes, my ability to differ sarcastic complaining from the expressions of genuine pain have gotten more refined; the amount of misery vented certainly didn't make turning the finale on compelling. Brandon winning is surprising, since slam poetry is so unpopular, it sounds more like someone threatening to execute professional wrestling maneuvers on anyone who dares to perform it. At least this season has given him practice of performing in front of 0 paying spectators; an invaluable career experience performers the likes of Forte and Landau Eugene Murphy had to adapt to very quickly. I don't think AGT Champions has been announced for January, which I will watch, despite it being like forced to testify at the witness stand as I come face to face with my old abusers.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Rip Van Lonesome here.  I had this nightmare dream of a season when even Simon didn't show up for most of it.  Most of the acts didn't even perform on stage.  Especially mediocre singers.  Cheating mentalists.  Comics who make everyone cringe.  Full on Cirque professional with custom apparatus.  A bunch of non-USA folks, who don't bother to even perform in the USA.  Then, this one dude who can't even sing performs some lyrics and wins it all.

Then, I WOKE up.

Yup.  It was every bit as convoluted, crass, corrupt, and crazy as I had dreamed.

Good night, sweet Prince.  I'll always have you. 

This mean that you are WOKE!  Your nightmare was really a premonition dream that came true!

• Love 1

The lowest of the low lights of filler "entertainment" was that special message from Megan Markle to Archie.  I doubt that Archie knows who or even cares who she is.  Her inserting yourself into this show has made me seriously question if I want to ever watch again.  Ugh.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

thought all 10 finalists got a car because I wondered how the sisters would get it to Germany.

If it's like what I've read about The Price is Right, they would have gotten a voucher for one to be used at a local dealership.

• Useful 2