Type keyword(s) to search

Upcoming Season 24: Sara's Back !

• Start Topic

The first news to come out for Season 24  is that Sara Haines will be returning to the show to take Abby Huntsman's seat permanently.  Huntsman replaced Sara in September 2018, when Sara left to join the new 1 pm show "GMA 3: Strahan & Sara".  ABC officially canceled "GMA 3" this past March, and Sara has been filling in periodically as host of 'The View'.

Welcome back Sara Haines!

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-view-sara-haines-host-1234735203/

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, BradyBunchFan said:

Interesting that Sara is coming back, because I thought that they would get a completely different host or something.

I think they see Sara as a friendly, wholesome host whom 'middle America' is comfortable with each morning (same with Huntsman).  They most likely have her under contract, and need to place her somewhere now that 'Strahan, Sara & Keke' has been canceled. She deserved so much better than that, IMO.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

She may not have much of a view on anything, but Sarah doesn't make 1/3 of the show about herself or yell and have tantrums.  She is professional and lets the guests and cohosts speak, which is the point of a talk show.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13

I think Sara is someone who needs to work.  She's been pretty open about her struggle with depression and I think she's happier when she's busy and distracted.  I'm glad she's coming back and hope big Meg will leave her the hell alone.  Whoopie and Joy seem to love her.

• Love 9

I knew Sara was coming back for a certainty. She's a long-time ABC employee. She only went over to GMA Day to try to make GMA's third hour work for ABC; I think she was put on The View back when for a similar reason actually, to bring some stability to the showafter Rosie left. ABC was going to give her a job somewhere, and it was obvious she was aiming for The View and with Abby's seat still open + Whoopi being a huge friend, it was practically a done deal in my eyes. I'm really happy she's back even if I'd like Ana there everyday. :)

• Love 6

When Meghan starts pontificating about her people in the middle of American, I like that Sara can remind her that she grew up in Iowa.  If anyone can speak of midwestern culture and attitude, it's humbly raised Sara, not the princess of Arizona.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And let's face it, no one can sell the garage sale items on 'View Your Deal' like Sara can ! 😀

And this here is what matters most to ABC and the show -- keeping their View Your Deal sponsors and advertisers happy by selling, selling, selling.  As long as they have a co-host who is good at peddling the sponsored tchotchkes; the hell with quality content.  50% off Omaha steaks and Poo-Pourri for everyone!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

And this here is what matters most to ABC and the show -- keeping their View Your Deal sponsors and advertisers happy by selling, selling, selling.  As long as they have a co-host who is good at peddling the sponsored tchotchkes; the hell with quality content.  50% off Omaha steaks and Poo-Pourri for everyone!

Don’t forget that the struggle is real for Oprah, too!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Sara is a pleasant and easygoing person. She's a good antidote to Meghan's humorlessness and stridency. (Does that woman ever enjoy herself?) I like Sara on the show. She's dependable, and while she doesn't get obnoxious about her beliefs, she has some strong ones and stands by them. I think she's exactly what this show needs, someone who is relatable, good-natured, and experienced.

Indeed she is all that.  I love Sara, i think she radiates happiness, and yellow, and fun.  Gawd what an awful sentence.  I'm not a stalker i swear.  She's just a nice person.  Its hard right now with the kids and the virus and Ben.  I get it.  But she's slowly getting her glow back.  Maybe by Sept whateverwhocareswhatdate she'll  be back, baack, baaaaack, it is Out Of hhhhheeeeeeere!  Welcome Back Sara-h!!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And let's face it, no one can sell the garage sale items on 'View Your Deal' like Sara can ! 😀

They should have paired Dan Harris with her instead of strahan, who's stiff as a board.  Sara and Dan are just comedy gold.  I believe they are true soulmates of the Office Kind. (not that way Mrs Harris.  Purely professional, they dont roll like that) but thats all water under the bridge.  Maybe someday Dan can guest host or something.  Got a lot to promote heh 

• Love 3

How often has MM had to "take a day off" after having an on-air meltdown?  Having dependable hosts is important.  I can't wait for the eyerolling by Whoopi, Joy, Sunny & Sara the first time MM says "as a mother"...

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Sara is a pleasant and easygoing person. She's a good antidote to Meghan's humorlessness and stridency. (Does that woman ever enjoy herself?) I like Sara on the show. She's dependable, and while she doesn't get obnoxious about her beliefs, she has some strong ones and stands by them. I think she's exactly what this show needs, someone who is relatable, good-natured, and experienced.

The other thing is that you have to have your armor up around people with the kind of personality as MM.  If you're not careful it permeates under the skin and festers until you have a major depression going on.  Nothing is ever good, the world sux yada yada. Everyone has someone they clash with personality wise. For me i found out its Leos.  Every clash Ive had with people, or ex-bosses lol, I've found out after the fact that they were Leos.  No offense to them.  We just dont get along.  Now Sara has the kind of personality that soaks it alllllllllllll in until like i said depression.  Hopefully not though

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

How often has MM had to "take a day off" after having an on-air meltdown?  Having dependable hosts is important.  I can't wait for the eyerolling by Whoopi, Joy, Sunny & Sara the first time MM says "as a mother"...

Do you think since she'll be saying "my daughter" or "my son," we'll get less "my father"?

• LOL 3
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Do you think since she'll be saying "my daughter" or "my son," we'll get less "my father"?

What's the female version of the name John?  Juana is spanish.  I don't think there is one 

1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

What's the female version of the name John?  Juana is spanish.  

Johanna, Joanne, Joan, Sian, Johnny, Jaqueline

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ForumLou said:

What's the female version of the name John?  Juana is spanish.  I don't think there is one 

Joan.  Jane.  Janet.

Siobhan. 😄

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

Thrilled about Sarah's return! I've loved her since her days as Hoda and Kathy Lee's "millenial rep". oh, i have been watching the repeats (some, not all) during the "hiatus" and the one good thing is that NONE of them have VYD's!!!!! If only that could continue into the new season...

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I think she's going to name the kid McCain, no matter the gender. That's going to be the first name of this child  - you watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think any chances for kid and parenthood anecdotes in general will turn into yet another topic she will stop dead in its tracks with her humorlessness. Unless she can make it political and attack the left for something she doesn't approve of and can twist it into "the dems want to kill my baby with their death panels!" Or something along those lines, she won't want to discuss motherhood at all.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 4

I have a question for the Mod, any Mod.  Go ahead, I'll wait...😁.  Sorry j/k.  I do have a question though, does the name of the new topic 'Season 24, Sara's Back!'  Im paraphrasing, but my question is, is the topic open to anything about the new season, or only Sara-centric stuff?  Thanks Mods, appreciate you!

On 8/16/2020 at 9:08 PM, deirdra said:

Johanna, Joanne, Joan, Sian, Johnny, Jaqueline

And many many many more.........

Thanks for the answers y'all.  Duly noted.  Looks like every name is a nickname for John hah!  Well, she will have plenty to work with.

2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I have a question for the Mod, any Mod.  Go ahead, I'll wait...😁.  Sorry j/k.  I do have a question though, does the name of the new topic 'Season 24, Sara's Back!'  Im paraphrasing, but my question is, is the topic open to anything about the new season, or only Sara-centric stuff?  Thanks Mods, appreciate you!

I started this thread, and first titled it 'Season 24 - updates' then changed it to 'Sara's Back' since that is the only update / news in the media now, with the show just a few weeks away from returning live. I say feel free to talk about any upcoming changes / updates, but I don't think there will be any - other than Sara returning.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, BradyBunchFan said:

Interesting that Sara is coming back, because I thought that they would get a completely different host or something.

I have to say, the couple of times Gretchen Carlson guest hosted, I really liked her a lot. I kind of wished they added her instead of Sara, as Carlson seemed more engaging and she'd be another conservative voice.   Sara comes off as a bit too vanilla milkshake for me.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I started this thread, and first titled it 'Season 24 - updates' then changed it to 'Sara's Back' since that is the only update / news in the media now, with the show just a few weeks away from returning live. I say feel free to talk about any upcoming changes / updates, but I don't think there will be any - other than Sara returning.

Okeydoke, thanks

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I have to say, the couple of times Gretchen Carlson guest hosted, I really liked her a lot. I kind of wished they added her instead of Sara, as Carlson seemed more engaging and she'd be another conservative voice.   Sara comes off as a bit too vanilla milkshake for me.

When did Gretchen guest host?

1 minute ago, BradyBunchFan said:

When did Gretchen guest host?

A couple of seasons ago, when she released her memoir and her lawsuit against Ailes was settled. I think it was twice that season  -  the season Sara left (2018?). She got along fine with McCain, as they both knew each other at FOX, and she was engaging with the others. I really liked her. I was hoping they would give the seat to her permanently, but they chose Huntsman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

A couple of seasons ago, when she released her memoir and her lawsuit against Ailes was settled. I think it was twice that season  -  the season Sara left (2018?). She got along fine with McCain, as they both knew each other at FOX, and she was engaging with the others. I really liked her. I was hoping they would give the seat to her permanently, but they chose Huntsman.

I have Getting Real on my NOOK e-reader, but I don't have Be Fierce.

5 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Maybe she could replace Meghan as the conservative someday? 

Not gonna lie, with all that's going on, I have View withdrawal. I am ready for September 8! Sara's sweetness is also comforting during this scary time. I'm also curious when it will be safe for the ladies to film in the studio. 

• Love 2

I don't think MeAgain is a conservative. She is just like a teenager, with no real thoughts formed. So at this moment she is anti-abortion (which apparently she wasn't before, but is now).  She is pro-gun, and loves shooting and drinking Jack Daniels, probably at the same time.  She thinks that makes her a conservative.

Someone should tell MeAgain, that you can drink JD and shoot guns, and not be a conservative.

• Love 4