Type keyword(s) to search

Future Co-Hosts Talk and Speculation: Musical Chairs

mtlchick
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I liked her too! I like pretty much anyone better than Meghan though. 

No thanks! Jed is nuts, wow! she was able to keep the craziness under control on the view.. I saw a clip of her on another show spouting her talking points with crazy eyes, yikes!

9 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Well i hope they burn her chair that's for sure.  No more preggies for anybody!  At least for a lil while.  Sara has said no more, but who knows about MM.  If they want more than one, she might again right away due to the hard time they had to get there

I doubt Megan will have another one.. I would be really surprise if she were to have number 2.

9 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Sara's a wonderful person and super sweet, but she annoys me when she twists herself into a pretzel not to offend either side, sometimes coming across as wishy-washy.  I would have preferred Ana or Tara Setmayer, but I know Meghan would never allow that.  

I like Sarah, she is sweet and gets along to get along but I am just nonplussed about her return. I too would have preferred Ana or Tara over her but the princess of Arizona has to be catered to at all times. What a snowflake! 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

No thanks! Jed is nuts, wow! she was able to keep the craziness under control on the view.. I saw a clip of her on another show spouting her talking points with crazy eyes, yikes!

I doubt Megan will have another one.. I would be really surprise if she were to have number 2.

I like Sarah, she is sweet and gets along to get along but I am just nonplussed about her return. I too would have preferred Ana or Tara over her but the princess of Arizona has to be catered to at all times. What a snowflake! 

I'll have to look her up and see what she's been up to! I'll admit I wasn't watching as religiously when Jed was on. I remember her as more opinionated than Sara but more respectful than Meghan. 

I've always enjoyed Ana on The View and wish we got more of her recently. I know she's beloved here, but tbh even she's rubbed me the wrong way on other programs years ago. I can't elaborate without getting OT. Maybe the bar is set low after watching Meghan for so long! 

• Love 1

I'm surprised she's taking a step backward in her career, but I guess no one knew what else to do with her.  It will be good for her to go back to work full time (as it is).  She loves doing tv and it's a good outlet for her anxiety.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I like Sarah, she is sweet and gets along to get along but I am just nonplussed about her return. I too would have preferred Ana or Tara over her but the princess of Arizona has to be catered to at all times.

Yep, Meghan gave her approval on Sara. She is zero threat to the Princess of Arizona and someone Meghan can walk all over.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes i think so too.  Sometimes other blessings happen though *ahem* Sara #3 🙃

I tuned in when Joy came back to the show, but Jed caused me to tune out.  She was strident and often barked over others and my ears couldn't take it; and I never understood how Jed or MM thought they would attract people to their views with a scolding delivery.  Jed was at least able to remember her talking points rather than relying on blue cards. I tuned back in when Jed left the View, but record the show so I can stop and delete it when MM gets out of hand ... so I never see or buy any VYDs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2020 at 9:16 AM, OnTime said:

Yep, Meghan gave her approval on Sara. She is zero threat to the Princess of Arizona and someone Meghan can walk all over.

Ugh. Joy is lovable and the true First Lady of The View as far as I'm concerned. Sunny is also sharp and a huge asset to the show. Whoopi is an icon and an EGOT winner. As much as I get annoyed when Meghan is rude to all of them, Sara is just so nice that it's going to bother me more. It's like kicking a sweet, little puppy-just wrong. 

• Love 2

Its too bad that TPTB don't understand that there are many many 'conservatives' out there who can give their pov without all the vitriol going with it?  I just don't understand (* tm Sunny hehe). Why put up with the attitude? 

• Love 2
On 8/16/2020 at 7:42 PM, RealHousewife said:

Ugh. Joy is lovable and the true First Lady of The View as far as I'm concerned. Sunny is also sharp and a huge asset to the show. Whoopi is an icon and an EGOT winner. As much as I get annoyed when Meghan is rude to all of them, Sara is just so nice that it's going to bother me more. It's like kicking a sweet, little puppy-just wrong. 

Well, lets see.  Give it a chance.  She's been around the block this last couple of years which might have made her more cynical.  Plus the alternative (MM) would suck.  Which is dumb to say because she will be there in the 5th chair.  So yeah still suck.  Also, when she comes back, she might go the total opposite way and be like super super super sweet nice whatever.  It will take her a bit to find her groove again but she will.

1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Well, lets see.  Give it a chance.  She's been around the block this last couple of years which might have made her more cynical.  Plus the alternative (MM) would suck.  Which is dumb to say because she will be there in the 5th chair.  So yeah still suck.  Also, when she comes back, she might go the total opposite way and be like super super super sweet nice whatever.  It will take her a bit to find her groove again but she will.

Wait, did you say Meghan might be super super super sweet nice? 

I would love to see Sara stand up for herself more. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Wait, did you say Meghan might be super super super sweet nice? 

I would love to see Sara stand up for herself more. 

No i meant Sara would be super-sized nice in the beginning.  Then shell start cracking jokes etc

• Love 2

I don't know how they can have five co-hosts on the screen if they are going to remote. They could barely handle four of them.

I'm sure Meghan wouldn't go back in the studio, so probably none of them are.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, OnTime said:

I don't know how they can have five co-hosts on the screen if they are going to remote. They could barely handle four of them.

I'm sure Meghan wouldn't go back in the studio, so probably none of them are.

Does anyone know if Joy and Whoopi would feel comfortable and be safe going back to the studio? Maybe filming spaced apart? Other shows are now doing this. I wasn't sure if that would be safe enough for those who are older and higher risk. I agree five hosts on one screen is a lot. 

I have an idea. As difficult as it would be to go without the incredible insight of someone who's been in politics all her life and is the only conservative woman on TV, I think Megs can stay at home and nest, then take a nice, long maternity leave. Hopefully the end of the pandemic and her maternity leave will somewhat coincide. In the meantime, they could all go to the studio, or they could continue to remote as four, which isn't too bad on the screen. 

I expect they'll announce whoever it is the week before, perhaps the Friday before, the new season begins to hype interest. I would be happy to have Ana there full-time, but I have a feeling the most she could do is half a week (give or take some weeks) since she lives in another state.

I think if ABC had ever been planning to keep McCain at all, it was probably in a scenario where Ana did half the week and McCain did the other part, and McCain of course would've lost her sh*t since she's threatened to quit over Ana in the past. I only think that because Ana had been on quite a lot the past month and a half, including before Whoopi was out for her sciatica pain, which makes me believe they were looking to increase her number of days on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

The names floated in The Hill article are:

S.E. Cupp: she's not the worst person on that list; I think she's more ideologically consistent than Meghan, and unlike Meghan, she doesn't strike me as a parrot, but I wouldn't choose her unless my choices were limited to the other turds on that list. Namely...

Jedediah Bila: we've been there and done that; I would have rather they kept her instead of bringing on Meghan, but they did and here we are now. I don't think it serves the show to bring Jed back; but like Cupp, she's not the worst on the list.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck: her time has passed. No thank you.

Abby Huntsman: I don't think she has what it takes; she's a false equivalency queen, and as others have said, so very bland. I think she's a decent person though, so again, not the worst.

Kellyanne Conway: the worst 1-of-3

Candace Owens: the worst 2-of-3

Megyn Kelly: hell no. I don't want to give up my life and spend every day outside the studio protesting that racist phony; the worst-3-of-3

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they are looking for an independent thinker who is a conservative like Ana, or if they want a party mouthpiece like Hasselbeck or Meghan.

Ana's my personal favorite conservative possibility, but I know she's an unlikely get. I would have to see Tara Setmayer again, but although she's not a personal favorite, she doesn't make me want to smash my TV.

I mentioned last night, in a thread I think has since been deleted, that I wonder if Elise Jordan would do it. She's a relatively new mom, so I don't know if she's interested, but I believe she is New York based. She's rational, and she has the journalism background.

1 hour ago, TheView said:

Maybe Briahna Joy Gray, 2020 campaign press secretary for the Bernie campaign 

I find Briahna intellectually dishonest. As much as I like Senator Sanders himself, I do not like most of the people he surrounded himself with, in his campaign. I have issue with some of his better known surrogates too, like Krystal Ball.

If the show were to bring on a progressive, I'd like to see Errin Haines, but I don't know if she's too busy with The 19th. I'd also like to see Zerlina Maxwell, but she has a newish show on Peacock. I'm not sure if she would want to leave for this, or if she could (i.e. if she has any kind of non-compete clause in her contract).

I love Karine Jean-Pierre, but she's got a more important job right now. The View would pay way better, but I think her life is pretty solidly DC based, too. I can't see Yamiche Alcindor, Joy Reid, or Tiffany Cross giving up their current gigs (and non-competes are probably an issue here, too), but in my dream version of The View, any of them would fit right in.

I really doubt The View will hire a progressive, though. They think they have 4 progressives in Whoopi, Sunny, Sara, and Joy (Joy's the only one who comes close). I suspect the show will only choose from the right.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 4

Elise Jordan would be interesting but she probably wouldn’t be interested. I love all the other women you mentioned, General, but yeah, they all have better gigs right now. 

• Love 2

It would be interesting if they got a print journalist, who was less of a name, and had to build up her own following. The challenge is to get a print journo who is comfortable doing fast paced conversations on live TV.

• Love 5
Just now, TheView said:

They'll probably get a Foxbot 

Hopefully it would be one of the more pleasant personalities. I can't stand Laura Ingraham, but I'm okay with someone like Ainsley Earhardt. I don't think she's the brightest, but she seems nice. 

22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Hopefully it would be one of the more pleasant personalities. I can't stand Laura Ingraham, but I'm okay with someone like Ainsley Earhardt. I don't think she's the brightest, but she seems nice. 

She's a massive disinformation agent though. She recommended flying during the height of the pandemic.

After I wished they'd hire a print journalist, I wondered if they're looking at Bari Weiss. I'd prefer they not hire her, but she's had recent-ish notoriety, and has appeared on The View, before.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Toni Lasagna committed elsewhere? She's pretty much a more obnoxious Meghan without the "MyFather" factor. ABC is probably going to the Strident Conservative well again.

awkward the daily show GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Edited by Vanderboom
19 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Daily Mail had a list of possibilities including:

Abby Huntsman.             Megyn Kelly

Kellyanne Conway.         Jed, Abby, Hasselback

Heidi Pratt

Why Jed, Abby, Hasselback? They've already come and gone.

Bitsy lives in TN so she won't be back, Abby has nothing to add to this show, and Jed talks too much.

54 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Daily Mail had a list of possibilities including:

Heidi Pratt

40 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Is Toni Lasagna committed elsewhere? She's pretty much a more obnoxious Meghan without the "MyFather" factor. ABC is probably going to the Strident Conservative well again.

awkward the daily show GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Oh. Dear Universe. Please no.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, General Days said:

She's a massive disinformation agent though. She recommended flying during the height of the pandemic.

I could live with almost anyone if, at the very least, they don't push lies and misinformation as fact.  I would hope that if ABC really did hand Meghan her hat that this was one of the reasons they did.  I'll know I'm wrong if they just go out and hire someone who pushes nonsense again.

• Love 1
(edited)

My ranking by order of preference of past conservatives who've been on the show and new names would be Paula > Ana > Abby > Elisabeth > S.E. Cupp > any random Foxbot since I don't know most of their names and don't care > Megyn Kelly > Kellyanne Conway > Sarah Huckabee Sanders > Jedidiah.

I really hope they don't bring Jedidiah back. I wrote elsewhere that I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with an arrangement where Ana does 2-3 shows a week and another conservative host (whether completely new to the show or a past co-host) fills out the other days.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1

Since Sharon Osborne has been fired from 'The Talk' maybe she can take a job at 'The View' ? (Kidding, but I'd love to see her and Behar go at it since they can't stomach each other).

I'd really like to see Jeanine Pirro take McCain's seat. Honestly ! The fireworks on that show every day ? Talk about ratings ! 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

I'd really like to see Jeanine Pirro take McCain's seat. Honestly ! The fireworks on that show every day ? Talk about ratings ! 

I'd prefer someone who sticks to the truth and has a voice volume of fewer decibels than a jet engine.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15