Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Ghost Train

• Start Topic

The team scrambles to get ahead of Madeline and Ivy as they close in on the bunker's location, but someone on the inside is feeding Madeline information. As her plan takes shape, the team may be forced to take desperate measures.

There are two threads for this episode, I hope this is the right one....

I refuse to believe Patterson is really dead. I don't care how unrealistic it is for her to have made it out of that room. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Ivy sucks at her job! She can give Keaton a vicious torture but couldn't bother give Weller half of that treatment a few episodes ago!!!! And Keaton still didn't talk. It took Madeline to get to his family for him to flip! 

What was Ivy doing to Keaton to make him walk funny? Nice try with the "slip in the shower" excuse buddy!

See ya Keaton and good riddance!! You were the worst CIA operative. 

Keaton opened his door to greet Tasha as if he was never trained by the CIA.

Why is the FBI Lab lit in blue?

One would think (after all that time living in the bunker), they would have had some secret hideouts or someone other that Patterson would have studied the layout. 

Weitz should have never admitted his mistakes to Afreen (even if she's on his side).

If pressing "enter" was the last step, Weitz should have shoved Afreen to the ground and gotten the job done himself.

So Madeline, Ivy and the other henchman weren't in the office today. Would it have been  a good time to delete their access codes to the FBI building?  

Madeline has blackmail files that are easily accessible. Afreen wasn't worried it could come back to her computer terminal?

We finally found the "one" agent in INTERPOL that's looking for the fugitives. Where was this jerk the last few weeks when these people were travelling around the country carefree without disguises?

Tasha needs to work on her skill/technique for drawing her gun from the holster quicker. Most likely, she'll blame the pregnancy for being slow.

Geez Tasha! Couldn't go for a quick kill on Madeline (a piece of wood from the chair was nearby to pierce the witch). No no...let's try to slowly strangle her and give her men enough time to rush in! Tasha was not on her game this week!

Madeleine flew from the US to Malta and back to the US in 20 minutes! And had time to shower and slip into the pink outfit for the special occasion.

All that time Jane and Weller were in the elevator before the malfunction? Huh! Madeline's travel took less time than it took Jane and Weller to get to the top level!!!!!!

Sorry Madeline! You did have a choice. You could have sent your son to his room without dinner instead of zipping him.

Why were those goons wasting their bullets on a computer monitor and the wall? Patterson was safely tucked away in the corner.

Not buying Patterson is dead. She probably slipped through a trap door on the floor. 

Oh Hell NO! No way they are now going to give Madeline remorse for all her evil acts and then probably elevate Ivy to main villain. Madeline better not do some heroic act at to redeem herself! 

I guess the Zip is safely in the US. What could delay Ivy now from unleashing it?

If Allie had used her "middle finger", I wonder what that message is for Weller?!!?

On the "Soul Ghost Train", we didn't  get to see Jane or Weller dancing through the line! I guess the perp walk was this show's version.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well, that thoroughly sucked.  Keaton sucks and I am not sorry he is dead.  I bet Weller wishes he had killed Ivy when he had the chance several episodes ago.  I also don't understand why Rich didn't kill those two goons when they were incapacitated by the coffee machine bomb.  Their guns were on the ground.  Just shoot them.  They would do the same to him and Patterson.

I refuse to believe that five years of this show would end on such a depressing note.  I'm hoping Patterson dove through an access tube.

Afreen rocks.  

How are the FBI Lab Techs going to prepare for a post-mortem?  1) If Patterson was supposedly drenched with 1000 degrees of fire, there would be nothing left of her.  2) These are COMPUTER lab techs.  I don't think any of them are medical doctors, are they?

After reading the EW article about how they originally planned for Roman to have a secret twin brother, I really hope that he's still out there.  He and Patterson can save the team.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Geez Tasha! Couldn't go for a quick kill on Madeline (a piece of wood from the chair was nearby to pierce the witch). No no...let's try to slowly strangle her and give her men enough time to rush in! Tasha was not on her game this week!

So much THIS. I was yelling for Tasha to kick Madeline in the head while M was on the ground. That would have knocked her out (I'm saying) so THEN Tasha could strangle her w/o Madeline making all that noise so her henchmen heard and were able to save her.

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

How are the FBI Lab Techs going to prepare for a post-mortem?

That was a real WTH moment. Like because it's a lab everyone who works there is a trained computer tech / coroner?

• Love 1

I was going to make a joke last week about being glad no one on the team had a puppy for Madeline to kick. And then this week because she's not already evil enough, they have her being responsible for killing Patterson, my favorite character! 

Also, I know this show does enjoy pulling a fast one on us but I don't see how she could have survived. But I will accept total bullshit at face value if it brings her back!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

My money is on Patterson being only partly dead.

Me too. My first reaction to her death was, "this is a load of horseshit!" but thinking on it some more, I think Madeline's comment about doing an autopsy is a clue that Patterson's not dead. Because what the hell do you need to do an autopsy for; you know what happened. But that sets it up for them looking for remains and not finding any. Plus, the inclusion of the tunnels that Patterson and Rich never got to use in their escape... somehow she got out of that room. Though it was played just as seriously as Reade's death was, so who knows.

Not here for Madeline suddenly feeling some remorse now that she's ZIPped her kid. When she was taunting Zapata about "the destruction she leaves in her path," I was like look in the mirror, honey. Zapata didn't kill Reade or Keaton (can't remember the third person she mentioned, Blake?), you did.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

Plus, the inclusion of the tunnels that Patterson and Rich never got to use in their escape... somehow she got out of that room.

Supersmart Rich never noticed a giant Red October wheel hatch in the server room floor before?

• LOL 1

They've dragged this Madeleine shit out for too long. She should've been a one season and done villain. I find it frustrating and not fun to watch when you give a villain this much power. Her reach and control of everything is beyond ridiculous.

I was really hoping for a better final season.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Keaton never said who was watching through his laptop camera. It is probably Boston and he recorded Keaton's death and all the crimes that Zapata and Madeline talked about. I was surprised that the tape didn't play right after Madeline finished giving her speech about catching the gang.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Keaton never said who was watching through his laptop camera. It is probably...

Red Reddington and Dembe

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Keaton should have aimed his one shot squarely for Madeline. Did he think that Madeline was going to let his family go once he died? His whole plan seemed for naught. 

Madeline and Patterson used up the entire season's supply of plot armor dodging those bullets (and the fire?).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

They've dragged this Madeleine shit out for too long. She should've been a one season and done villain. I find it frustrating and not fun to watch when you give a villain this much power. Her reach and control of everything is beyond ridiculous.

I was really hoping for a better final season.

I agree... it is beyond frustrating that she wins in everything she does and that nothing can be done against her.  I am assuming/hoping they set her up for a huge fall, but honestly, there are only two episodes left.  This has been a particularly frustrating season, the team has spent most of it underground in a bunker, seemingly powerless against the Teflon Lady, and making poor choices.  Kurt could have killed Ivy twice already.  Or they at least could have taken her hostage or tortured the info out of her.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2020 at 3:26 AM, KaveDweller said:

There are two threads for this episode, I hope this is the right one....

I refuse to believe Patterson is really dead. I don't care how unrealistic it is for her to have made it out of that room. 

i agree with you.. remember the theme of that room was of boat.. that means it must be having saftey boats ... i am very sure thats how she will survive... 

About halfway through this episode, it actually started holding my attention. So much of this season has felt like treading water. At least some of the plot points are starting to come together. Nice to see Boston and there were a couple of truly lol lines of dialog in the episode.

On 7/3/2020 at 7:00 AM, blackwing said:

I refuse to believe that five years of this show would end on such a depressing note.  I'm hoping Patterson dove through an access tube.

If Patterson really is gone, I can say goodbye to this show without a second thought because that truly would crap all over the show I've loved and watched since the pilot. If she's not, we have some Patterson-y goodness to look forward to! She's going to save the team. 

On 7/3/2020 at 7:00 AM, blackwing said:

After reading the EW article about how they originally planned for Roman to have a secret twin brother, I really hope that he's still out there. 

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard! A secret twin-- this show can get soap opera-ish, but that's taking it too far! I can't remember-- weren't Remy and Roman biological siblings? Or was it that Shepard just adopted them both? 

One person we KNOW is still out there that I'm thinking we will see eventually is Jane's daughter. Never liked that character, so not looking forward to it, but I'm expecting that she's part of the resistance too. 

17 hours ago, mandigirl said:

One person we KNOW is still out there that I'm thinking we will see eventually is Jane's daughter. Never liked that character, so not looking forward to it, but I'm expecting that she's part of the resistance too. 

Yes! Why introduce characters vital to the story to just write them off? The daughter (don’t remember her name) didn’t really seem to add to the story after the fact she was introduced. You may be right MANDIGIRL. 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 8:56 AM, blackwing said:

I am assuming/hoping they set her up for a huge fall, but honestly, there are only two episodes left. 

There are 3 eps left, but your point still stands lol.

I don't for one second believe that Patterson is dead. They were blatantly obvious with their 'hints' that there was another way out of that room.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

There are 3 eps left, but your point still stands lol.

I don't for one second believe that Patterson is dead. They were blatantly obvious with their 'hints' that there was another way out of that room.

Borden already played the "obviously fatal explosion escape card" and then Patterson survived the drone strike, so the deck is empty...

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Borden already played the "obviously fatal explosion escape card" and then Patterson survived the drone strike, so the deck is empty...

As if this show cares about going back to a cliche one more time lol!

• LOL 1
On 7/3/2020 at 4:26 AM, KaveDweller said:

I assume it's all part of a contingency plan somehow and there is another exit. Pretty heartless not to tell Rich about though, which I assume she didn't, since he seemed very broken up about it.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:00 PM, blackwing said:

I also don't understand why Rich didn't kill those two goons when they were incapacitated by the coffee machine bomb. 

Not everybody is Kurt Weller: murdermachine. Some people have problem with killing, let alone defenceless opponents.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:00 PM, saber5055 said:

So much THIS. I was yelling for Tasha to kick Madeline in the head while M was on the ground. That would have knocked her out (I'm saying) so THEN Tasha could strangle her w/o Madeline making all that noise so her henchmen heard and were able to save her.

She also could have just kept stomping. Skulls aren't that thick and it's hard to live without a brain.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:36 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

Agreed. She massively overstayed her welcome.