Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Coronavirus in Prisons

• Start Topic

"You can download it from rateroticafancam.com, which was surprisingly available."

LMFAO XD. I love his reaction to the fancam about him as well. Go, K-Pop fans. Please keep doing what you're doing. That is truly some hilarious, wonderfully epic trolling. 

As for the main story, another reason the "It's really a whole separate population." comment is inane as hell, beyond the points John made, there's also family members who visit prisoners. And there's people who were in prison but got released once they finished their sentences as well. I just...how fucking stupid does someone have to be to not think about such obvious aspects like that. 

And if these prisons aren't even willing to make sure people can get soap without paying for it, I'm gonna take a wild guess they're not all that strict about making sure people who come in and out of the prison are wearing masks, either. It's stunning how so much in this country is utterly broken and failing. I want to go back to 2009, too, which is saying something, considering 2009 was a very shitty year in many ways for my family personally because of some of my dad's health issues. 

I also love how all these people freak out about criminals being released onto the streets. You guys do know that there will also be people released who were wrongly convicted and actually hadn't committed a crime, right? Or people whose crimes were non-violent? 

(Also, so is Texas trying to catch up to Florida in the "weird state crime stories" department, or...?)

I really like when John gets into full on rant mode like he did at the end of that segment. How we treat our most vulnerable populations says a lot about us as a society, and right now, yeah, we are failing miserably in that regard BIG time. 

As for that segment on the Trump family, I'll just use one of Trump's favorite words to describe it: "Sad." 

• Love 15

Wait...does he have the Eratica now? Why isn't it hanging at the wall?

Kind of sad that he didn't mention marble-league. It started yesterday, and the

Spoiler

Minty Maniacs took the first win, ahead of the Rasberry Racers

(much to my delight, since those are both my teams...along with

Spoiler

Graze of Glory

securing the cup in a parallel competition, it has been a weekend of success for me).

And the father day compilation was cringy!!!!

Good job to everyone who drowned out the haters!!!

• Love 4

Great, now John is going to lust after K-Pop stars like he did Adam Driver. Do we really want to know whom he thinks can “get it”? Seriously?!? 😜

Great episode. John illuminates another dim corner of the current crisis, and he still takes a swipe at Tucker “Human Squash Court” Carlson. Also, I’m guessing that getting the e-rat-ica was for the purpose of plugging up hashtags. And even if that wasn’t the original intent, it still works.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

That Melania Trump Juneteenth response is just too weird....two large gold candelabra stands, really? 

It's a completely different mindset, isn't it. I can imagine her saying to whoever filmed it, "I want to project elegance," or "This is a beautiful setting," or even, "I look good surrounded by gold."

10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

How we treat our most vulnerable populations says a lot about us as a society, and right now, yeah, we are failing miserably in that regard BIG time.

I am just so sickened by where we are now. 

• Love 11

Gotta tip my hat to K-Pop. I always thought of them as a useless pop music genre who's fan base is over the top. But after the way they've trolled right wing white supremacist sites, and their success in Tulsa over the weekend, they're a lot deeper than I give them credit for. Won't mean I'll listen to their music though.

Am I a bad person if I wish Martin Sckreli gets hit with the coronavirus?

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

As for the main story, another reason the "It's really a whole separate population." comment is inane as hell, beyond the points John made, there's also family members who visit prisoners. And there's people who were in prison but got released once they finished their sentences as well. I just...how fucking stupid does someone have to be to not think about such obvious aspects like that. 

A lot of prisons have halted in-person visits during the pandemic - while still charging them for phone calls, of course. Cutting inmates off from their families (not to mention their lawyers) is right up there with "keeping them in their cells 23 1/2 hours a day" and "using solitary confinement for quarantine" for the most cruel "health measures" prisons have adopted right now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, angora said:

A lot of prisons have halted in-person visits during the pandemic - while still charging them for phone calls, of course. Cutting inmates off from their families (not to mention their lawyers) is right up there with "keeping them in their cells 23 1/2 hours a day" and "using solitary confinement for quarantine" for the most cruel "health measures" prisons have adopted right now.

Ah, did not know that. That really sucks. Everything's gotta be all about money in the end :/. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And what about prison staff?   They move back and forth between the “enclosed system” and their homes.

Prison staff and their families also need to grocery shop and do errands within their communities.  An outbreak in a prison puts an entire community at risk.

2 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:

Am I a bad person if I wish Martin Sckreli gets hit with the coronavirus?

If you are, so am I.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Great, now John is going to lust after K-Pop stars like he did Adam Driver. Do we really want to know whom he thinks can “get it”? Seriously?!? 😜

It was worth it to me for the crack at Adam Levine!  I know this isn’t quite right - saddest adult human coloring book?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Victor the Crab said:Am I a bad person if I wish Martin Sckreli gets hit with the coronavirus?

Not really. I still remember that one “And Now” bit. “He disrespected . . . the Wu-Tang Clan.” Cut to sound clip: “WU-TANG CLAN AIN’T NOTHIN’ TO FUCK WITH!!!” Good times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, swanpride said:

Wait...does he have the Eratica now? Why isn't it hanging at the wall?

Kind of sad that he didn't mention marble-league. It started yesterday, and the

Hide contents

Minty Maniacs took the first win, ahead of the Rasberry Racers

(much to my delight, since those are both my teams...along with

Hide contents

I’m routing for the O’Rangers because they remind me of the orange gum balls I used to like as a kid.   

• Love 2
(edited)

The situation at prisons and jails is just plain scary. It shows nobody is prepared for it and I can't blame for prisoners being angry at the petty situations there. When I saw that clip as to how much space that prisoner had, all I can say is goodbye to six feet because there is no way that would prevent infections.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 3

Those living conditions are unhygienic even when Corona isn't a thing. I mean, what the hell????? Those look worse than our prisons BEFORE we did a lot of reforms because they didn't fit the standards of human dignity.

• Love 3
On 6/23/2020 at 6:16 AM, Robert Lynch said:

When I saw that clip as to how much space that prisoner had, all I can say is goodbye to six feet because there is no way that would prevent infections.

I don't know if you are interested in podcasts at all, but that particular prisoner is a co-host of Ear Hustle, about life in prison.  It's excellent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2