Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Live Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

Airs May 19, 2020

The star studded finale will unveil incredible new performances and host Carson will reveal who America has chosen to be the winner.

3 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I was hoping for anyone but Todd. 😩

Agreed, but I had a feeling that he would win, because: Blake. I'd actually stopped watching this season because of this, but made the mistake of tuning into the finale and getting excited for someone interesting like Thunderstorm - I was mesmerized by his original song last night - but silly me. As soon as I saw Todd singing his original song, though, I thought "interesting song, okay voice, but nothing that grabs me, country and Blake's his coach... he's gonna win."

Kinda sad to see that I was right...

Even Jon Bon - who I love - didn't sing one of his really good songs to make that at least better. Kind of a bummer, I say.

• Love 2

I hoped it would be Micah, Toneisha or Todd but I did pick Todd as winner. I was surprised Micah left first though.  The look on Kelly's face...she was not happy about that. I bet she didn't think he'd ever get cut first.

Too bad we couldn't hear what Blake said but I'm sure he will repeat most of it somewhere. 

I am not a Jonas Bros fan but I really liked their new song, it was catchy and danceable! Also thought the song Micah and Kelly did was good.

Fingers crossed next season will be back to "normal" because it was a bummer to see these performances like this, but at least they didn't shut the show down. Feel sorry for all the contestants that they couldn't perform in front of a live audience,etc. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Could Toneisha have possibly been a worse sport about losing?  She just sat there with a really sour look on her face and wouldn't even applaud.  Given that she had to win the sing-off to be in the finale, she should have known going in that she didn't have the votes to beat Todd.  Did she really think that stupid Superhero song was going to propel her to the top?

Edited by DaphneCat
I KNEW I was spelling Toneisha wrong.
  • Love 4

I'm watching as I write.....I guess being a wester exposes me to a time zone spoiler so I wasn't surprised to find out.   But don't feel bad for the others...... they've all placed thier originals on the current iTunes charts.....along with some "Songland" hits.

Did Nick Jonas see what I wrote?  He sent everyone a chair just like his.....except for Blake?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Could Toneisha have possibly been a worse sport about losing?  She just sat there with a really sour look on her face and wouldn't even applaud.  

I wouldn’t call her a poor sport.  She was definitely visually disappointed (as was Thunderstorm).   She did eventually pull herself together and clapped for a Todd.  She didn’t storm off or burst into tears.  I appreciated her honest reaction.  

• Love 5

Here's hoping Todd goes on to obscurity, like every other winner.

I started watching on DVR at 10 and finished only 10 minutes after the show. So glad I could FF through all the filler. The only part that really made me laugh was Blake's tiny red chair and John commenting that size doesn't matter, or it's the size that counts? I don't remember exactly but that was a perfect quip.

• Love 3

I had Thunderstorm as the winner from the first episode, as many others did, I'm sure.  Now Todd has to leave his wife and 8 kids to go on the road doing PR for NBC.  Not sure how she feels about that.

Does anyone know who the four coaches will be next season?

• Love 2

I didn't watch the finale and just came here to see who won.  Did James Taylor appear?  Oh, congratulations to Todd and all the others.  I wish them all the best, but, this show isn't really a means to a successful singing career, imo.  So far, it has brought limited success, though, if you can make a living making music, that's a good thing.  This show really oversells what it can do for you, and that's the main reason I have little respect for it.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I was hoping for anyone but Todd. 😩

Same here. Todd is entirely meh. I couldn't care less to hear what he does going forward.

Just out of curiosity, he probably has to be the oldest winner, right?

I was also really enjoying the narrative of Blake not being to win since Kelly and John have come onboard, and now that's completely out the widow. Sigh.

1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

Does anyone know who the four coaches will be next season?

I would assume the same four unless we hear anything different. I feel like they went out of their way to show that this group gets along and enjoys each other. It's a good mix. Nick fits in better than I think anybody could have hoped. The way they congratulated him multiple times on his first season felt very genuine. If Adam watched, he probably got JEALOUS.

I'm more interested on WHEN it comes back. I don't see how they could do the auditions and chair spinning remotely. 

• Love 5

I didn't watch very much of this three hour marathon.  However, from Monday I thought they all did well, so am fine with a Todd win.  As has been stated before, none of the Voice winners seem to go on to amazing careers, so I assume all five of the finalists will see more opportunities come their way.

(small voice) I'm glad Blake got another win.  I do see him as kind of the "heart" of the show and I think it makes it more interesting when more of the judges are seen as viable.  Even without a win, Nick did well this season-he's the only coach who also got someone into the top three, so there's that.

• Love 8

I didnt watch the finale, came here to see the results. Ugh. Todd has talent, sure. But theres something about him that bugs me. He comes across as smug, with a fake humility, that just irritates me.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I wanted to know who was 2nd and who was 3rd.  They just announced the winner of the 3.

This is the first that I can remember they didn't announce 3rd place and I was thinking, I bet its because 2nd place was Toneisha so if they announced Thunderstorm as 3rd then Blake won before they announced the winner because he would've been the only coach left in the game.

I enjoyed the happy hour with the coaches and I got a laugh out of the little chair Nick sent Blake. I also enjoyed the flashbacks of the coaches singing together especially when they showed season 1 when Adam was cute and fun.

Bummer this season they didn't get a car, probably because they had a top 5 instead of 4 which I didn't care for. Anyways, I hope things go back to normal before next season begins tapping which is usually in the summer right? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I didnt watch the finale, came here to see the results. Ugh. Todd has talent, sure. But theres something about him that bugs me. He comes across as smug, with a fake humility, that just irritates me.

It bugs me that the family seems to seek reality shows for success....his son was on that Amy Poehler craft show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, he was guaranteed the Blake country vote!  And judging from certain members of my family; the Christian vote.  Throw in the abundant cute family and victory was certain.  

He was not THE VOICE!

On a different note.  4 for 18 means it is time for a Black Voice.

Maybe those singers will actually sing R&B, Soul and Blues instead of trying to get in with Pop, Rock and Country.  Doesn't seem to build a fan base.

Edited by Tony Williams
  • Love 1
(edited)

Best case scenario I see for a fall cycle.....would be a "social distancing" of the main set, moving the coaches chairs further apart, and unfortunately......no audience.    Kinda like they did with the Millionaire set.   But no hugging.   Instead,  it's an "air five"  which is like a high five.....only six feet or more away.   This is the way we'll be living for a year or two.    Like it or not.

Edited by Swenson

I'm a bit bewildered about the idea of Todd winning because of Blake's fan base, because that fan base did not lead to a victory for the past four seasons.  I think Blake understands that this is an entertainment show rather than a true effort to find the next breakout star (IMO due to none of them becoming breakout stars...) and he understands how to help his team move forward.  But, his team is not guaranteed to win although he has been quite successful.

• Love 5

I just read an article on yahoo that said the 2nd place winner was Toneisha. Just as I said in an earlier post, I'd figured that was the reason they didn't announce 2nd place on the show. The article said The Voice waited 2 days before announcing it on Twitter.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thunderstorm has been my favorite from the beginning because of his personality, charm and tone; however, I don't think either of his coaches pushed him to grow over the season. 

Cammwess was most improved in my opinion. 

I love John and loved happy hour.

I hope Kelly will continue with her current look. She looks gorgeous!

Edited by Miss chi chi
  • Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 5:01 PM, seacliffsal said:

I'm a bit bewildered about the idea of Todd winning because of Blake's fan base, because that fan base did not lead to a victory for the past four seasons.  I think Blake understands that this is an entertainment show rather than a true effort to find the next breakout star (IMO due to none of them becoming breakout stars...) and he understands how to help his team move forward.  But, his team is not guaranteed to win although he has been quite successful.

Blake helped but Todd also fit what a certain Voice audience likes.  He has the country and Christian votes.

The country vote is the reason why I knew that Jake Hoot and Chevel would win especially the former.  Maelyn was an exceptional singer but I also wonder if having three country finalists on Blake's team split up their votes.

• Love 2