Type keyword(s) to search

Fashion (Turn to the Left)!: Movie Outfits You Love

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

No judgement from me. I thought her other outfits were really cute too. Especially her white dress from the dance scene.

John Travolta Dance GIF by Paramount Movies

I've always loved the shoes she wears.

• Love 6
(edited)

And now, some underrated Disney Princess dresses:

Am I weird for thinking Snow White's rags were kind of cute?  main-qimg-d808be575b4986cafd7a45c319786141-lq.jpg.e834969400231ab05ba71df84ccc30b9.jpg

For a first effort, the mice did a great job making Cinderella's pink dress!main-qimg-b06477763cfed712ccb0c22356929178-lq.jpg.66ab2d721df0b3061aec78ee24a137dc.jpg

Ariel's blue dress she wears on her first full day as a human is too adorable. I even like that impractically huge bow in her hair! It's a shame her outfit is different in the stage versions.the-blue-dress-worn-by-Ariel-in-The-Little-Mermaid-1989-Movie.thumb.jpg.8b2b58e5e8ecc03f9c0e79028e7cb38c.jpg

I also love Belle's pink dress.

5e5f2374122ac262ea52921f25225fb2.jpg.fc547527b962d7f73e9a822ef5e0f525.jpg

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7

I LOOOOOOOVE Cinderella’s pink dress. It’s a shame those bitches ripped it up all because the mice borrowed the material from them—they weren’t even using the beads and sash!!!!

47 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Ariel's blue dress she wears on her first full day as a human is too adorable. I even like that impractically huge bow in her hair! It's a shame her outfit is different in the stage versions

It’s cute and all, but I really love her pink dinner dress.

image.thumb.jpeg.0260bbfbeda10bf2689f59225af1c50d.jpeg

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I LOOOOOOOVE Cinderella’s pink dress. It’s a shame those bitches ripped it up all because the mice borrowed the material from them—they weren’t even using the beads and sash!!!!

It’s cute and all, but I really love her pink dinner dress.

image.thumb.jpeg.0260bbfbeda10bf2689f59225af1c50d.jpeg

I still seethe over Anastasia and Drizella tearing Cinderella's dress off her body. Grrr...

But on a more positive note, I also like Ariel's pink dress. I also love the diamond comb in her hair, it's a nice little detail. 

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/18/2022 at 9:26 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:

I think the puffed sleeves are cute, but to each their own. 

Yeah, Ms. Estefan's dress is a nice color, but the style isn't very becoming to her. It's too fussy.

Speaking of bridesmaids* dresses, it's a shame that that lovely lavender gown was wasted on Julia Roberts's obnoxious schemer in My Best Friend's Wedding. Kimmy should have forced her to wear a safety orange potato sack as punishment for all the crap she put her through.**

*Yes, I know, Roberts was maid of honor in the movie, humor me.

** Or, better yet, dump that douchebag Michael...

JULIAR_1_1200x1200.webp

I know this topic is for fashion, but since we don't have a separate one for hair: I love Julia Roberts' hair in it and in most of her movies. I've always loved this color. I like to look at her in those 90's movies.

5 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

And now, some underrated Disney Princess dresses:

Cinderella's first dress is lovely. And my favorite "not the main outfit" dresses are Anna and Elsa's from Olaf's frozen Adventure:

Ring-in-the-Season-Olafs-Frozen-Adventur

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I really liked Tiana's dress in Princess and the Frog. It has a kind of leaf/flower petal vibe to it.

image.png.2eab3721f36822869dc9d39ace36017a.png

I like the sparkles on her dress, as well as the dewdrop necklace. The crown is a bit much for me, but it does tie the ensemble together, so I accept it for what it is.

For all the Tiana fans, here's a fun video by Moderngurlz on how Tiana is the most stylish Disney princess. I never appreciated the (mostly) period accurate details until now!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

@Wiendish Fitch , my favorite thing about Belle's pink dress is the cape. 

Cute-Princess-Belle-And-Beast.png

Oooh, I love it, too! It's so pretty and festive. 

Speaking of which...

While I do hate Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas with a searing passion, I'll grudgingly admit Belle's dress at the end is super cute. 

images.jpg

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I never appreciated the (mostly) period accurate details until now!

I do love her vintage style. 

I also loved the Frozen wardrobe, both Anna and Elsa's dresses were lovely. I particularly love Anna's ball dress: 

image.png.874d61f002828cdbe16c0333a7757de1.png

• Love 7

That red dress is stunning! And I love the jacket in the 3rd photo. Those sleeves, while impractical for me,(I'd end up getting them caught in drawers or dunked in my tea, that's just how I roll) look great. 

• Love 8
On 8/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, Luckylyn said:

Last Holiday

There is a stunning purple gown she wears in the new clothes montage but I unfortunately can not find a photo of it.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, elle said:

There is a stunning purple gown she wears in the new clothes montage but I unfortunately can not find a photo of it.  

I had difficulty finding outfit photos from that movie as well.

• Love 2

Another Ginger Rogers dress I've meaning to rave about, from Carefree. It's a bit on the flimsy side, but since it's a dream sequence, I'm willing to overlook it. I love the details, and it really does have a slightly surreal, fairy tale quality to it.

Carefree was released in 1938, and I wonder if Ginger's dress was inspired by Snow White's (that movie was released a year prior). The ankle length skirt, the ribbon in her softly curled hair, the bows on her shoes... eh, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, it's so cute!

3be5b4805d7ae69f946a9834a0c5a732.jpg

2078cbe41434ccd1bcc8d3e0bbf62bd5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 12/24/2022 at 6:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Her character may have been an idiot, but I absolutely loved Kate Hudson’s rainbow dress in Glass Onion.

image.thumb.jpeg.06057ef1aed8525b789f128e23356c2b.jpeg

I know it's not going to look like this, but this is totally how I would have wanted Lucy's rainbow dress in The Ballad of Snakes and Songbirds to look. I would guess it's going to be more like ruffled organza, though.

• Like 2
On 12/24/2022 at 3:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Her character may have been an idiot, but I absolutely loved Kate Hudson’s rainbow dress in Glass Onion.

I didn't like it from the picture, but now that I've seen the movie, I agree.  I liked Janelle Monáe's wardrobe even more.

• Like 5
(edited)

I recently watched Eddie Murphy: Raw on blu ray, all the better to enjoy his iconic leather outfit in high definition!

I think Murphy, in his 1980s prime, is still the only person who can wear something like this and not look utterly absurd. It takes a staggering level of confidence and je ne sais quoi to decide to wear neck to toe purple leather, and a long scarf (he loses it early on in the concert), and gloves (so 80s! I love 'em)!), and still have people remember your comedy routines decades later, not just your ensemble. You wear something like this not because you think you can pull it off, but because you know you can pull it off. 

And, if I may be so shallow, Murphy cuts a nice silhouette.

29eddie-murphy5-articleLarge.webp

eddie-murphy-raw.gif

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Like 6
(edited)

I love Simone Simon's shimmering dress in All That Money Can Buy (a.k.a The Devil and Daniel Webster).

Spoiler

Her character is literally the Devil's minion, but she makes it look good!

s-l1200.thumb.webp.90fb24ccd2cccd5c45a1f80eb816c09b.webp

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Like 2