Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Daniel please with all due respect, STFU.  Daniel you forget it’s not her and Kyle’s son, Harrison is Kyle’s son and if Summer❄️x5 keeps up her shit, he could keep her from Harrison completely. Once again I have to say, it’s time for Tara’s return. Tara is in jail for a crime that is drummed up in the minds of the monkeys with a keyboard. It was a privately held company owned by Tara therefore you cannot embezzle from your own company.  Billy👃’s embezzlement, from Jabot, was far worse and he didn’t go to jail.  

By the way, I thought Danny only sung his own songs. Danny would be covering “Rock On” which was first recorded by David Essex in 1973. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So The Bug says bonjour to Traci & that means they're in France?  Mmmm, OK, show, very dumb & unconvincing. 

Some days we only get a door with a brass "privé" sign on it to imply that we are in Paris. It must be real. It looks like real brass.

• LOL 5

A Brief Recap - Control Freaks

Victor stalks Claire to the coffee shop so he can warn her against the dangers of bonding with bouffants and to tell that fucking orphanage  story again. Claire admits that as a child, she thought eclairs were named after her. Victor tells her that douchebags were named after him. Not really. I made that up, but it feels true.

Kyle, getting high on his own supply, radiates concentrated smug until it attracts fellow sleaze Daniel. Things are friendly at first, with Kyle gloating his ass off until Daniel brings up Summer. To be fair, she always spoils the mood. Kyle lets his dick flag fly, growing increasingly belligerent before storming off in a Pigpen cloud of threats and bullshit. Tessa and Daniel are like “wtf?’ They swap dysfunctional family stories, and Tessa offers Daniel advice that he probably won’t listen to, even though he knows deep in his heart that Summer is an asshole doing asshole things like trying to get custody of Harrison.

Jack and his bathrobe have a late night chat with Traci, who decides to stay in Paris to tour Alan’s Eiffel Tower. Bonjour! It’s a Just For Men tragedy and his groupie at the door to visit Traci. Alan drops by, and I’m quickly convinced he’s actually Martin because only a complete psychopath would be starstruck by Danny Romalotti. After a double date, Danny invites Traci and Alan to his concert. Psychopath alert! Alan threatens to crowd surf during “Rock On” but Traci makes out with him anyway.

Oh, fuck me in the neck, it’s Phyllis and Nick. I didn’t ask for this. Oh hey, it’s another trite scene of two clods ruminating about parenting. Josh Griffith really loves this played out crapola. Hearing that stupid, stupid Supergirl nickname for Summer is like the auditory version of getting a pap smear from Wolverine. Phyllis wants to interfere in Summer’s drama with Kyle, while Nick seems mostly over it. He tells her about sharing their gross, repellent affair which ruined two marriages with Faith, and Phyllis is all, “did it make you horny for me?” Nick and Phyllis close the Athletic Club down, probably due to health code violations, and Phyllis stands wistfully on top on the stairs, gazing at Nick’s red baboon ass as it wanders off.

Speaking of baboons, Kyle takes his rage monkey act back home where his father tries to have a conversation with him. Naturally, Kyle twists small talk into judgment and suspicions, while Jack is thinking that the next time he has insomnia he’ll just chloroform himself. Everything is about Kyle, everything is an insult to Kyle, and everyone is finally going to give Kyle the adoration and praise he believes he deserves. Kyle blurts out that he’s working for the enemy now, which probably gives Jack all the clue he needs that Victor is pulling the strings. Duh.

• Like 2
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Didn't Victor already use the "I grew up in an orphanage" excuse last week, on Katie?

When I heard him pull that line out of his ass, it felt like another replay of "Slowly I turned......Step by step.......Inch by inch......."

Youhaveanicedaynow.

ETA - wouldn't it be nice if Show partially redeemed Goody Two-Shoes aka Claire by having her NOT fall for Victor's "I love my fambly and I adore you" bullshit?

Having her do that, and pointing and laughing at Kyle in a state of undress would do a LOT to make me like her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

It’s a Just For Men tragedy

If you hum a few bars I think I can sing this one.

I’m quickly convinced he’s actually Martin because only a complete psychopath would be starstruck by Danny Romalotti.

Had me wondering how he'd feel if Danny Romalotti fell on HIM from the balcony and wondering what song he'd sing on the way down.

that stupid, stupid Supergirl nickname for Summer is like the auditory version of getting a pap smear from Wolverine.

While listening to the dulcet tones of the  Nine Inch Nails.

Nick and Phyllis close the Athletic Club down, probably due to health code violations,

Phyllis stands wistfully on top on the stairs, gazing at Nick’s red baboon ass as it wanders off.

And the latest episode on Animal Planet draws to a close......

NinjaPenguins, you keep killing me ****DEAD**** and I'm loving every single bit of your exemplary snark.

I want your play list.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

stupid Supergirl nickname for Summer is like the auditory version of getting a pap smear from Wolverine.

Ya done killed me....good one.

13 hours ago, Denize said:

Some days we only get a door with a brass "privé" sign on it to imply that we are in Paris

Next we'll have an Apache dance at the concert by Alan and Traci.  And maybe some powdered wigs and high heels on the male attendees.  Throw in a guillotine and I'm sure we're in Paree.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Victor tells her that douchebags were named after him. Not really. I made that up, but it feels true.

^This^

Kyle lets his dick flag fly, growing increasingly belligerent before storming off in a Pigpen cloud of threats and bullshit.

^This^

Alan drops by, and I’m quickly convinced he’s actually Martin because only a complete psychopath would be starstruck by Danny Romalotti.

^This^

Hearing that stupid, stupid Supergirl nickname for Summer is like the auditory version of getting a pap smear from Wolverine.

^This^

Naturally, Kyle twists small talk into judgment and suspicions, while Jack is thinking that the next time he has insomnia he’ll just chloroform himself.

and ^this^ made me guffaw aloud, thank you Ninj!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kyle lets his dick flag fly

And to the wonder of absolutely nobody, the assumption is made that he needs to be changed.

giphy.gif

Nobody but nobody is inspired to sing "It's a Grand Old Flag, It's a High-flying Flag" when Kyle runs his up the flagpole.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Any scene now with Audra is immediate FF!  She is so damned smug and rambles on and on about another stupid business coup she pulled off.  

And please wardrobe, Audra is too short to be wearing that monstrous horrendous skirt!

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

As Fashion Police Chief I put out a BOLO for Audra regarding that circus tent she is wearing.

I'm wondering how long until Victor pulls the rug on Kyle and shit-cans him out of the company, thus either making him go crawling back to the Abbots or sit in a corner sulking

I FF'D thru Chelse and Billy and Adam and Sally because I really don't care.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Do married couples sleep in the same bed in GC?  Diane didn’t know that Jack didn’t come to bed last night?  That’s odd. In addition they don’t know when their spouses awake before them. 

Why do I get the feeling that Claire/Eve is stuck somewhat between a rock and a hard place. Auntie Jordan controlled her out of hatred and Victor is trying to control her out of love. They are both controlling and suffocating even though in a completely opposite way.  

Why does Billy always have to add Adam into the conversation?  To him everything is Adam’s fault. Doesn’t he realize that his mother’s mental health is more in question than his father. No one mentions anymore that the root of Conor’s problems started when he was bullied at school for his mother’s behavior. 

If Jabot is such a powerhouse in the cosmetic industry, wouldn’t it take years for Glissade to be a major competitor?  I believe when Tucker and Ashley bought the company, it was basically a start up.  Good executives wouldn’t have much of a problem staying ahead. 

Claire/Eve was born Eve Howard and that should be on her birth certificate.  Why would Claire/Eve want to change her last name to Newman without going back to be called Eve. Clair Grace is a completely made up name by her Auntie Jordan.  Claire/Eve instead of using Newman as a last name can become Eve Newman Howard in order not to disrespect her father. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

TMW you're hugging you're hugging your current lover, but all you can think about is the ex you cheated on them with last night. Yikes, Chelsea and Adam.

Sally's outfit. Holey hail. Green leopard print with pointy shoulder pads. IMO whoever designed that monstrosity should be blasted out of the fashion world on a rocket. Directly into the sun.

Don't be coy, Nikki. You know exactly why Victor is going after Jack again. Check your mirror.

Ehh, I can't understand why JG is determined to have active GC characters living in Paris. Looked like Victor couldn't understand it either when Audra said she'd be running her part of Glissade from France.

Chelsea's dress. I liked it though the color was kind of meh to me.

It still takes four characters to explain the storyline for a fifth character who's mostly off-screen. Sigh.

Lol, Billy, Adam has indeed been taking the stress of the Connor situation out on Chelsea. Out and back in. Repeatedly. For hours. Nekkid.

Diane and Jack, you can't be this obtuse. You crapped on Kyle every which way and now you claim to be shocked that he's declared war on Jabot? Shut up the both of you.

Victor stirring up sh!t between Audra and Kyle behind Kyle's back. And acting so pleased with himself as he did it. Okay.

Geez, Diane, if you've forgiven Jack for the Nikki debacle, why do you keep bringing it up?

Ha, ha, Kyle. The feeling you were experiencing was dumbfcukery. Victor warned Claire against you because he knew she'd tell you what he said. You stay being a tool.

Dang, Audra shaded Claire right to her face and Claire picked right up on it. Hmm. Audra probably doesn't want to make an enemy of Claire. She'd probably be light work for someone raised by a psycho.

I'm thinking maybe neither Diane nor Kyle should be co-CEOs since they clearly don't know what a non-complete clause is.

Jack went stomping into Victor's office AGAIN? Jackie: the definition of the word "futile." Look into it.

Meanwhile, Diane, "unconditional"? I do not think it means what you think you it means.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

that monstrous horrendous skirt!

1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

that circus tent she is wearing

Heh, I thought it was a table cloth. Who would look good in such a ridiculous skirt?

8 hours ago, MollyB said:

Next we'll have an Apache dance at the concert by Alan and Traci. 

Learn something new every day. After checking out some YouTube videos I realized I'd seen people doing an Apache dance but I figured it was only a tango with a bit of extra spice.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So if Audra is going to live in Paris, does this mean she's going to end up being Alan/Martin's daughter?  To tie the character more securely to the canvas?  I was trying to thnk why else Show would send a secondary character with no family ties away from the main action in GC.  With Tucker gone, this is the best I could come up with.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 9
(edited)

Jack and Victor are both good men? Way to both-sides it, Nikki.  Clearly you didn't receive any de-programming treatments at the rehab clinic.  Jack and Victor are not the same.  One is a decent, caring, compassionate man who occasionally makes some questionable decisions.  The other is a vengeful, malevolent, narcissistic, vile, megalomaniacal, controlling, misogynistic, paranoid, garbage human being who thinks rules don't apply to him.

I don't usually comment on the clothes, but wtf was Sally wearing?  It looked like something the safety inspector would wear at the quarry where Fred Flinstone worked.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I don't usually comment on the clothes, but wtf was Sally wearing?  It looked like something the safety inspector would wear at the quarry where Fred Flinstone worked.

Snaporaz, I LOVE this!

If Sally was still dating Nick, then would this make him Barney Rubble?

From the back, the resemblance is striking! 

• LOL 12
(edited)

Welp, they brought up this last name business, so I hope they resolve it in a way that at least makes a tiny bit of sense.  What name is she going by now?  Claire Grace or Claire Howard? 

Interesting that Vicky isn't specific on what name she wants her to go by.  Claire Newman?  Wouldn't that be ridiculously disrespectful of Cole (as Claire's father) to not have Howard as her last name -- or be at all included in her name?  How typically Newman arrogant of Vicks to make this suggestion -- and blindly thoughtless (but again typical of her) of the disrespect to Cole.

Wow, Jackie burst into Vic's office like he's a regular visitor.  Not much security in your office, eh, Vic?

I'm still baffled by how a patched-together (from a bunch of smaller companies) start-up, that doesn't even have offices yet, is supposed to be a legitimate competitor to a long & well-established industry leader.  Sheesh, this is so dumb.  And the over-confidence of both Audra & Kyle is laughable.  But I did like the just-smelled-shit look on Audra's mug when Vic told her what Kyle thinks of her.

No words for that dress on Sally.  If you didn't catch it, take a closer look, cuz I'm sure she'll be wearing that monstrosity all week.  It was lime green with a leopard print, backless in a really unflattering way & with poofed-out line-backer shoulders.  OMG, when she sat down, I thought she was gonna poke Adam in the eye with one of those poofy shoulder thingies!

Poor Vic was so puzzled & baffled as to how Audra could be in Paris & Kyle in GC . . . and possibly conduct business.  Oh Vic, I know you're living in 1989 in your head, but there is a thingie called the internet -- eh, forget it, why bother.

I thought maybe idiot Kyle was getting that he can't trust Vic, when Claire revealed Vic was talkin' shit about him.  But nah, he's too dumb.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1

Isn't Katie's last name Newman, too?  I think I remember Victoria making that executive decision and Billy not fighting her on it.  Maybe that's why he has that bug up his butt about Abbott Chancellor.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I'm still baffled by how a patched-together (from a bunch of smaller companies) start-up, that doesn't even have offices yet, is supposed to be a legitimate competitor to a long & well-established industry leader. 

Exactly.  I'd also like to know in what world the announcement of yet another start-up company is headline news anyplace other than the Newman Inquirer and Alternative TP paper?  (Printed exclusively on sandpaper developed by Victor.)

I know that I scour the newspaper and online news sites at least once daily to ooh and aw over newly launched companies trying sell unintelligible things.

Remember back when Tucker was trying to go after Jabot and they tried to sabotage his efforts by giving him fake information?  I hope they do the same thing with Kyle by having him try to come up with a new line of perfumes that smell exactly like various cheeses.  You get a pint of heavy cream with each purchase.

Kyle's pursed lips along with that 5 o'clock shadow makes him look he had a Brazilian wax job done on the wrong end.  He'd look terrific if he adopted a jockstrap as his preferred head gear.  That'd be one way to fill out his bouffant.

Isn't it time for even the Newmans to drop that "Victor's a good man who loves his family but can go a little too far" happy horseshit?  It should never have been said at all, and him kidnapping Jack and replacing him with a doppleganger should definitely have stopped it.  

I hope Jack kidnaps him this time and replaces him with a doppleganger.  I don't where Jack would be able to obtain that big of a blowfish, though......let alone teach it to say "My Baby".

giphy.gif

Victor, is that you?? Gitthehellouttamyaquarium!

Edited by boes
  • Fire 5
  • LOL 11
5 hours ago, boes said:

Kyle's pursed lips along with that 5 o'clock shadow makes him look he had a Brazilian wax job done on the wrong end.  He'd look terrific if he adopted a jockstrap as his preferred head gear.  That'd be one way to fill out his bouffant.

Send help. Boes is trying to kill me daid.

A Brief Recap - The Triumphant Return of Shitpile Kyle

Wow! Glissade is coming for Jabot, as soon as it can get the training wheels off and Victor stops treating it like high school. You know he was trash talking Fred to Barney and Barney to Fred back in the day, hoping they’d beat each other’s azz off with a stegosaurus bone so he could swoop in and liquidate the Slate Rock and Gravel Company. He still has a horde of clam shells and sand dollars tucked away in a Swiss bank account in case powdered dinosaur dick supplements for increased virility ever make a comeback.

Speaking of the Flintstones, Sally’s dress. That’s it.

Kyle seethes with childish contempt for his parents, gloating, pointing fingers and acting like the new toy Victor let him play with isn’t full of lead. I hope his time at Glissade is nothing but stepping on rakes and accidentally grabbing live mouse traps. He’s feeling himself so much I’m surprised no one’s effected a citizen’s arrest for public masturbation.

Claire shares Victor’s manipulative, controlling warning about the pompous pompadour, and her mother and grandmother act brand new and keep on enabling his bullshit. Yeah, they can call it love, but you could also call Phyllis a delight and that would be just as accurate. Victoria wants to change Claire’s last name to Newman, because Cole ain’t shit to those weirdos.

Audra is going to co-CEO from Paris. Why? You can run a major corporation from Crimson Lights.

Billy and Sally are blissfully unaware that their significant others are total scumbags who have already absolved themselves for their extremely unappealing act of betrayal. Yay! Black and white flashbacks of the grossest thing I’ve seen since I tried to change my great nephew while he wriggled and spread manure all over the changing table. You know, like the more you try to clean it, the more it fights you until you’re elbow deep in the big muddy? Nick’s girlfriends know what I mean.

Jack storms past Victor’s crack security team, straight into the executive office. He very reasonably asks Victor to direct his vengeance at him, still too naive to grasp that Victor doesn’t possess a shred of honor. The old douche half-assedly denies being Glissade’s mystery investor, then goes on the attack. Everything is Jack’s fault because he’s a terrible father. Yes, Victor Newman actually fixed his face to accuse someone else of bad parenting. Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Claire/Eve was born Eve Howard and that should be on her birth certificate. 

Victoria wasn't married to Cole when Cleve was born.  She could have put any name she wanted on the birth certificate and she also could have left blank the father's name.  My question is why not go the full monty and change her name to Eve WhatEverHerName was on the birth certificate? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Victor did have a secretary named Connie to try to stop people from going into his office. I know they can't afford things like that anymore. She's probably retired, and her retirement plan included an autographed picture of her boss.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
(edited)

Hey, it's Heather. 😒

Audra still in that goofy skirt. I liked her bag though. Sorta vintage Coach.

Whee, Nate basically called Audra a certain gardening utensil to her face! Leave it to your true friends to give you the real talk, lol. Audra is indeed developing a pattern of using her exes as stepping stones.

Summer was sure feeling herself, strutting into the Abbott manse and striking a pose in her sassy outfit. I liked the top but ehh, brown is not a seasonal color.

Calm the eff down, Summer. Harrison is not YOUR son and his daddy Kyle can move wherever he wants to with him.

Yeah, it is weird for Lucy to be buying gifts for Faith. Luckily for her, Faith was gracious about it.

Lucy's fixation on the Cassie scrapbook was also odd. Apparently she doesn't know the full circumstances of Cassie's untimely passing.

AYFKMWTS? Were Audra and Nate actually comparing Kyle to Tucker? That little poofy-haired twerp is like a Tonka truck while Tucker is a big rig.

SAY IT, KYLE! SAY IT! OMG, I am screaming over here. Summer was hella stunned when Kyle reminded her who was not Harrison's biological mommy.

But it is, Summer, the conversation is indeed over. You have zero, zip, nada legal rights in the matter of Harrison's custody so shut up.

And then Claire came creeping into the Abbott living room like a ghost. <shudder>

Wait, what? Audra can't fire her co-CEO. You're such a jokester, Nate.

Lucy referred to Sharon as "Ms. Newman" when she was talking to Heather. Huh, I thought Sharon was still using Rosales as her last name.

Oops, Heather accidentally clued Lucy in on Daniel being involved in Cassie's death. Guess she didn't know Daniel hadn't told Lucy yet. Oy.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Extra Extra Breaking New Alert, Summer❄️x5 is an adult. WOW!!!  Summer❄️x5 weren’t you going to buy a house yourself so Harrison would have a place to visit you instead of the GCAC. I would imagine that would include sleepovers.  The only selfish person is you Summer❄️X5. Summer❄️x6 didn’t fully transform into the Hulk. She only turned green. Can someone say jealousy.  Yes Summer❄️x6, it’s your problem. Summer❄️x6 is so delusional that she thinks what’s best for Harrison is an unfounded custody battle. How won’t that be disruptive to Harrison’s well being. Like her mother it damn the torpedo full speed ahead and don’t even think about the consequences.

The monkeys with a keep boarding must be reading our posts. Kyle finally hit Summer❄️x6 with the unmitigated truth, you are not his biological mother which was implied but not actually stated. 

Natey Nate Nate, is also turning green. Not only that but he getting even more smugly.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

Think we got another writers' hint -- about Audra being located in Paris. 

My prediction is Ashley will soon get out of the Paris looney bin & she'll be fighting with Audra over newly recast Tuck.  And New Tuck will be fighting with Audra over Glissade.  All while Traci & Dead Martin get closer, then quickly get married  . . . till the Martin reveal!

Will we get more cheesy images to convince us they're in Paris?  I shudder to think.

Those moony looks btw Nick & Phyllis?  Hopefully, that was not a writers' hint of anything to come, but if it was, I ain't goin' there, cuz I don't wanna.  Please show, NO!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know many people enjoyed Kyle’s 360 dunk on Summer about Harrison’s parentage, but if I may offer another perspective… while Kyle was indeed hitting her with a fact, he wasn’t trying to educate her. Kyle was being cruel, his go-to mode these days. Nick, an uncouth garbage ape, told Summer the same thing in a much more helpful way. Admittedly, I look at this terrible story from the angle of someone unable to have their own children and hates how casually soaps declare that non-biological parents aren’t shit when it suits them. There is no way in hell Summer would win a custody battle, but Kyle was being a hateful jackass, crapping all over a relationship he encouraged. Fuck Kyle.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

There is no way in hell Summer would win a custody battle,

unless she (or her 'lawyer') contacts Tara in prison and spills how shitty a father/person Kyle is being. Then perhaps convince Tara to exercise her parental rights and get a judge to grant Summer some kind of custody in view of the fact Summer has been acting as his mother for several years.  At least until she (Tara) gets out of prison.  How long is a prison sentence for embezzling from your own company, anyhow?  Shouldn't she be up for parole by now?  Jeremy Stark served less time.  And Phylth, the confessed murderer, served absolutely none.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

There is no way in hell Summer would win a custody battle, but Kyle was being a hateful jackass, crapping all over a relationship he encouraged. Fuck Kyle.

I dunno, the way Summer kept coming at him with tangential b.s., I think Kyle could've said so much more to dump on her. Like bringing up that one time she was Billy's ONS sucker. Or when she basically killed Adam and Chelsea's unborn child. Or when she had an affair with a married man in another state and then stole his car.

Summer knows she has no legal right to Harrison but she's been holding on to her fantasy of being his mommy because it keeps her in Kyle's orbit. (And lets her walk into the Abbott manse whenever she wants, unannounced and uninvited. Grrr.) IMO Kyle was smart to try to move things back into the realm of reality with Summer. He just needs to keep Claire out of it.

AFAIC the only way Kyle's statement could've been better is if Tara had walked in and said it herself. Free Tara!

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

All the GC ladies are sleeveless now, but there's Daniel the Dickhead & he's out in the park wearing flannel.  OK then. Dummer's rants are mute-time for me.

Today Lily was wearing all black, including a jacket indoors and carrying a big purse in front of her, like she did when Christel was pregnant. Is baby #3 on the way?

Edited by Denize
  • Useful 8

I like Claire much better when she is not with Kyle or Victor.  We need a new boyfriend potential for her. Harrison is better in his scenes with Claire and far. away from Summer and Kyle.

FFS Chelsea was a con artist and Adam has kept plenty of dark secrets in his past. They can certainly keep their romp a secret if they wanted to.

Smart of Katie to be nice to Claire. Someday she can buy her her alcohol instead of ice cream.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Katie seems to have the body, height & attitude of a 5th grader and the face & voice of a sullen girl/woman in their late teens.  Maybe she and Lucy can compete for the title of The Bad Seed. Now batting her eyelashes at Kyle, Claire is no longer dressing like she's in Little House on the Prairie, though she still makes odd smiles/smirks when observing others or Harrison, so something still seems to be up with her; she may be in the running for Bad Seed too.

Kyle is the Dumb Seed.  His current storyline reminds me of when Nick was young & trying to prove that he could get a good job at a competitor's business. During the interview the potential boss played him for a fool. It was delicious to watch. He may have been offered something in the mail room.

Does Glissade compete directly with Jabot? The name evokes personal lubricants or Slip 'n Slides.

Edited by Denize
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Denize...that's it! Glissade is a lubricant! Think of the people in GC who could really benefit. Audra comes to mind since she has been pretty active. Nicki - at her stage in life it is vital (I am older than her, so no shame). Hopefully Traci. The men in GC are way too testosterone-loaded to need it. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10

Yeah, it sounds like Lily is going to welch on her secret deal with Devon. So much for Winters family loyalty.

Whee, Katie is definitely not here for Claire. Loved her "this bish" eye roll when Claire and Harrison arrived.

I'm with Devon: Lily wanting to keep working with Billy makes no sense. She knows how problematic William is. Yeesh.

Come on, Lily, you're more loyal to Jill than your own kin? Neil would not be proud.

Dang, Adam is thisclose to confessing about his and Chelsea's tryst, isn't he? He's already said enough to make Sally and Billy have suspicions.

Billy looked at Sally like, "You seeing this sh!t?" when Chelsea and Adam bear-hugged over the good news about Connor. Yup, Silly/Bally, your eyes ain't lying.

More bad CGI behind Connor when he was videocalling with his parents. The young actor must film his scenes in his bedroom closet. 😉

Billy, you dog. I saw you checking out Sally's frame as she left Society. You lowkey licked your lips too. Lily didn't seem to notice though.

I thought Connor talked today like he was reading his lines off a teleprompter. Clunky exposition is clunky.

Aw, Lily. You made a big mistake, deciding to throw in with Billy again. He's playing you, girlfriend. Sigh.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Smart of Katie to be nice to Claire. Someday she can buy her her alcohol instead of ice cream.

Help? I missed the beginning of the scene where Katie walked away with Harrison and Johnny, and then quickly came back and got Claire to go with them too. Was Katie faking or did something happen to make her change her attitude all of a sudden?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Help? I missed the beginning of the scene where Katie walked away with Harrison and Johnny, and then quickly came back and got Claire to go with them too. Was Katie faking or did something happen to make her change her attitude all of a sudden?

As Katie sat and sulked she could overhear Claire, Johnny and Harrison having a blast digging up worms and it melted her icy heart. Sad cause I was hoping she’d give Claire and Victoria a hard time all summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Glissade is a lubricant!

Tee hee, the GC branch of Glissade will making home deliveries in a vehicle similar to this:spacer.png

Hear tell the Newman ranch, the Abbott manse, and certain guest rooms at the GCAC already have subscription plans for regular, automatic restocks. 😈

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14

The burning question of the day is not whether Lily will go or stay. It why did she fire Daniel because he betrayed her but is ready to work with Billy who also betrayed her?  Also, why wouldn’t she think that Billy👃 would betray her again?  As for Devon, I think he would be better off without Lily.  

I saw nothing wrong with Adam and Chelsea hugging.  Would have Sally and Billy👃been happier with a handshake or would that be a bridge too far also.  

Not only did Conor have a breakthrough but it seems Katie has had one also.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tee hee, the GC branch of Glissade will making home deliveries in a vehicle similar to this:spacer.png

Hear tell the Newman ranch, the Abbott manse, and certain guest rooms at the GCAC already have subscription plans for regular, automatic restocks. 😈

The GCAC building looks old enough to have been originally heated with an oil furnace and may have an old oil tank in the basement that can be rejuvinated to be filled with regular Glissade deliveries.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, Denize said:

Does Glissade compete directly with Jabot? The name evokes personal lubricants or Slip 'n Slides.

Gee, Idk, that name makes me think of air fresheners -- or those commercials for the latest thing now . . .  ladies' all-over-body deodorants.  Oh yeah, I could see those brilliant business minds of Kyle & Audra pushing on that to compete head-to-head with Jabot.

Johnny seems like such a nice, sweet kid -- he's always smiling & looking happy.  What a disconnect from the 2 drips that are his parents.  Billy & Vicks?  Feh!  Chelsea near kids was unnerving.  I'd keep that quivering/crying mess far, far away from any children.

Ah, Lily, what a choice ya got!  Either way you're gonna end up working with a power-hungry asshole you can't trust & who'll screw you over with zero hesitation.  Leaning toward Billy, are ya, hun?  He's a loser/putz who's just using you.  And Devon?  He's an angry/hostile little dude, who's trying to compensate for being tiny.  Either choice stinks.  And I thought Audra had the shittiest gig in GC.  Maybe not.

Something else I noticed about Claire.  Yeah, she's ditched the Little House on the Prairie lace thingies, but she seems to be the only adult woman in GC who goes thru the KC park in sneaks!  Everyone else (oddly) teeters around that park in high heels.  Hmmmm.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Gee, Idk, that name makes me think of air fresheners -- or those commercials for the latest thing now . . . 

You're not aching for Glissade to bring out their new line??  They better keep the term "plug-ins" out of any product launch or Billy Abbott is going to have a very hard time explaining exactly what he was doing with the sockets in his apartment.

It'd be an electrifying and illuminating moment for him.  Though not to those of us who've been watching for a while.....DON'T hit that switch, Billy!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Johnny seems like such a nice, sweet kid -- he's always smiling & looking happy. 

Really? I always find him cringy af. He's so dopey and sappy to me. I can relate to.Katie, she's a snarky beotch, and I'm here for every bitchy moment. If they neuter her I'mma be hella pissed.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Johnny seems like such a nice, sweet kid -- he's always smiling & looking happy.

I agree.  The kid seems so normal in that sea of emotional aberration called the Newman/Abbott clan.  Also, I think the guy is a really good actor, seeming so natural in his line delivery and reactions to people.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I never bought into the show's numerous attempts over the years at cleaning him up, his arc with Lola, giving him a son, rinse repeat with Cleve which is what gives with her doe-eyed, little girl crap

Oh no. This is totally what they’re doing. I wonder if any of the writers ever think… a good way to make Kyle somewhat appealing would be to write him as less of a douche. Maybe we shouldn’t write so many dick moves into the script. I know, I know. Crazy talk.

Did Adam & Chelsea really think they were going to get away with it? Billy and his nostrils can smell shame and betrayal from the other side of the planet. Fools.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Don't forget the dumpsters in GC for Phyllis! 

Someone upthread mentioned Tessa being off-limits for Daniel but Tessa and Mariah were both with men (Noah and Devon) when they met. I personally would like to see them break those two up. Way too schmoopy. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Friday Questions:

• What is with all the backpacks?  I get that Cleve and Hairy need to take their research tools with them but what were Johnny and Katie carrying for their brief outing in the park?  Could it be a change of clothes, survival kits, their required summer reading books? Certainly not for snacks, since they left the CL with lemonade and then hoofed it off for the conveniently located ice cream. 
  • Was it a foreshadow of Baby On Board when Chelz commented about Johnny getting two new siblings in one year? Guess what's coming next year, Johnny! [bonus points for twins]
  • Is it just me or did Katie look as if she just came from a horror-movie set where she played a woman whose head was implanted on a life-size doll's body?
  • The skirt on Audra:  Does that house all the imps and demons for Grampire?
  • Johnny does seem as if he's a nice kid, but is it necessary for him to always make punny jokes at his parents?  Billy's banter and Vic's oh-you-scallywag conversations are putting me in a diabetic coma.
  • What is the deal with Sharon and her tearful moments?  Is it her meds?  Menopause?  Her only way to emote now?
  • Where is this going with Lucy?  Is she going to kidnap Faith or do a Single White Female on her?  If this is only for the drama of her finding out about Daniel's part in Cassie's death, it's not worth the effort.
Edited by MollyB
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I actually like Audra’s skirt, just not on her and not in JULY! I had to FF the scenes with Nate. so much for ‘I could really use a friend.’ I guess they both really want FWB. Whatever, I don’t have to watch.

so Adam is actually willing to go along with Victor’s plan knowing that 1) he’ll be sticking it to his friend, Jack, and 2) that he’ll be out on his ass once daddy dearest has no more use for him? And here I thought Adam had finally had enough of his father’s manipulation. Oh well…

I hope Sally goes scorched earth on both Adam and Chelsea when she finds out about their night together, but mostly Chelsea. Not that Adam isn’t just as complicit.I just hate Chelsea more and want to see her get what she so richly deserves.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Was there any doubt that Sally would improve Chelsea’s designs?  Sally is a designer and Chelsea is …. well to be nice, let’s say that Chelsea is not nearly as good of a designer. 

Summer❄️x6’s new ideas will make Chelsea the creative director for old and stodgy while Sally is the creative director and lead designer for a younger and trendier market.  Sounds about right. 

OCD is a life long condition just as Sharon’s bipolar and Ashley’s DID.  It’s mostly a matter of how you contain it in order to be functional. 

Welcome to the real world of being a CEO Audra. Those things you mentioned are only a small problem when it comes to personal, rules and regulations, and the protests for the research you are conducting and using toxins in your products that’s where the real problem are. 

Audra and Natey Nate Nate, are now fuck buddies, and to think Audra doesn’t need a man 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

For a seasoned ex-grifter, Chelsea has zero poker face.  

I would like to think that Adam will subtly sabotage Victor's plan, not only to protect Jack, but also just to stick it to Kyle for making his life miserable while he was at Jabot.  But Victor, like all deranged lunatics, never loses. *snore*

I hope Phyllis moves into Summer's new house and the two of them get their Grey Gardens on.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1