Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

so last night as I was sitting down to watch the show (I didn't make it), I realized why I dont remember any of the scenes people mentioned from Friday. I thought I had just zoned out (as happens a lot with this show), but it turns out I didn't watch it lol! As in, it's still sitting in my TiVo queue. I started watching and then decided it was late and went to bed. So I'll now be three days behind. Oh well! At least I know I haven't' completely lost my mind ;)

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Oh my God. Victor’s complete tone deafness asking Nikki what will all that alcohol being pumped into her do to her sobriety all while ignoring the 37 open liquor bottles three feet away on the sideboard is ludicrous. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5

What Victor?? For years you have blathered on that “Family is everything!!!” But now you tell Devon re Nate that “Family only goes so far. Only covers so much.” Goodness, maybe Victor is losing it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The way Lucy was gushing over her bedroom in Daniel's place, I can't wait to see it. Sounds like a portal to Oz, the Looking-Glass World, and Wonkaville all wrapped up into one!

Oh Nate, you really don't want to be throwing attitude at the person you hope will hire you. Especially if it's the cousin who you already tried to screw over.

There Victor goes with the "my baby" crap again. KMN.

Dang, did Victoria and Cole teleport over to Oregon? When last we saw them they were sitting in the coffeehouse patio. The Newman jet has been getting quite a workout over the past few days. Carbon footprint says what?

Lily, you've already assumed the worst regarding Nate getting fired from NE. Why ask Nate to tell the truth now? At this point no matter what he says will be wrong to you.

Nikki zeroed right in on various bottles of liquor Victor keeps in their living room. How hard would it be for him to put it all in a cabinet, at least temporarily? Gah.

Ehh, I'm not sure I liked the lowkey accusatory way Victoria was coming at Claire. Claire was already on the defensive about the what Aunt Jordan did to them. Why rub it in?

Heather noted Lily giving Daniel keys to her penthouse. Hmm.

Nikki, you know better than to answer a call from Unknown. Unknown is almost always trouble.

Geez, what difference does it make whether or not Claire bought Jordan's lies? A DNA test will settle the question. Let's go!

Nikki hasn't eased up on her stank attitude toward Nate, and Victor still thinks he was justified in setting Nate up to be fired. I can't with those two. And neither can the karma bus, apparently.

Audra's argument with Nate still made no sense to me. Why should he admit to doing something he didn't do, merely to satisfy people whose minds won't be changed either way?

Lol, Lily eyeballing at Heather like, "Sure, bish. You are not fooling me."

I thought Nikki would at least try to cover with Irish coffee or a mimosa. Nah, she went straight to shotgunning the vodka. Oy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I hope JG doesn't give Claire a pass for 4 kidnappings and attempted murders. I believe she went to a good college, didn't she? She had access to information that the rest of the world does, didnt she? Certainly she could have at least caught a clue that Auntie Jordan was unhinged, before co-signing on their Newman family rampage? I hope Nikki falls so deep back into her bottle that the Abbots put a lid on it, and market her from Jabot as Eau De Bitch.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11

Re the Bayou Music phone call: Is it possible to laugh and feel.bad at the same time because that's how I felt. And maybe I wouldn't have chuckled at it if she hadn't put her nose up in the air and told Devon what a horrible person Nate is using her best snobby voice prior to that. What do you call a drunk snob? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

⬆️ I didn't understand the significance of that music on the phone call.  Was it another obscure reference, like the Victorian doll?

I'm no lawyer and laws may vary from state to state, but an HR person once told me that employers are not permitted to give negative references.  The most you could do is decline to give a reference,so Nate could sue both Victor and Nikki for defamation for what they just said to Devon.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Smugly Smug Smug just can’t control himself from being totally smug to Lily.  It’s like he is demanding a second chance to screw over CW once again. 

Lily you ARE smarter than the average bear asking Smugly Smug Smug where his true allegiance lyes; but you can bet it would be a smug answer.  Well, I was right, a non answer is a smug answer.  Lily calling Smugly Smug Smug pompous has the same meaning but I like Smugly Smug Smug much better than Pompous Pomp Pomp which was considered to call him. 

If Victor really wants to fight for Nikki’s sobriety, then why does he have vodka, Nikki’s go to, out in plain sight?  

It’s now confirmed that “Great Expectations” has come to GC. Aunt Jordan (Miss Havisham) uses Claire (Estella) to wreak havoc on the Newmans.   In the end, of Great Expectations” Estella redeems herself from her evil ways. Let’s hope that the monkeys with a keyboard allow Claire to do the same.  Claire was also a victim.  In doing a DNA test, Claire will find out if Cole and Groucho🥸🥸🥸 are her parents, and if not, Claire might find out she’s the daughter of some other prominent family looking for their kidnapped daughter.  Could you imagine what would happen if Claire is Eve?  Victor 🤯. Victor would have to refer to Claire as “that granddaughter” instead of that woman in his dismissive way. 

Why does Nikki’s bedroom look more like it belongs at a am Super 8 motel than in a multi million dollar mansion.  I guess only double beds are available at Mattress Firm in GC.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Snaporaz: that music was back from when Nikki was a stripper. If you werent watching show 35+ years ago, you wouldn't know that.

Waldo: nice touch with the fake roses by her bedside too. It all looked so cheap.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, boes said:

Nick is too much of a moron to know the difference.

Every time Nick and Adam have had enough and are set to say goodbye to Newman Enterprises and its emperor, I think LEAVE, JUST LEAVE - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, EVEN IF IT'S SOME OTHER COUNTRY, AND BUILD YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT LIVES - but they never do, they stay in Genoa City and, one way or another, Victor gets his hooks back into them - - what do you care what your father thinks of you, Adam, just pack your bags and go.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It’s like he is demanding a second chance to screw over CW once again. 

Maybe it's my background working with doctors, but I honestly think that Nate was in doctor mode when he set things up for Victor to stay at a medical facility for testing and treatment, which would have been in Victor's best interests had he actually been suffering from dementia, and not because he wanted to ride Victoria's coattails into taking over Newman Enterprises.

11 hours ago, MsMalin said:

He probably has a drinking problem too.

I was just thinking the other day that every adult character on that show has a drinking problem because the first thing they're shown reaching for when they're stressed out is the bottle.

• Like 7
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

just pack your bags and go

And if you can't do that, go for counseling, but from a real clinician, not Sharon, your former wife, sister-in-law and mother-in-law, who is a phony and a true menace to anyone who seeks counseling from her - - shouldn't the people of Genoa City have figured out by now that her degree in head shrinking is from some diploma mill and that the storeroom in her coffee shop is not an appropriate setting for counseling sessions?

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, pvandal said:

maybe Victor is losing it

Maybe the test he was putting everyone through was, in fact, to find out which one was actually onto his dementia, and then get rid of them.

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The way Lucy was gushing over her bedroom in Daniel's place, I can't wait to see it. Sounds like a portal to Oz, the Looking-Glass World, and Wonkaville all wrapped up into one!

That was a bit overdone, wasn't it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 11/19/2023 at 11:51 AM, Snaporaz said:

If the speculation is true and Claire is Victoria's and Cole's (not-dead) daughter Eve, then I guess Great-Aunt Jordan would be the sister of Cole's mother Eve or his father Rick, both of whom were bat-crap crazy.  Eve and Rick both tried to kill Victor and/or Nikki multiple times.  

I've always been kind of lukewarm towards Nikki, but I haven't been able to stand her recently.  So I thought the vodka IV was a hilarious twist and almost forgave Josh for all the tripe he's been giving us lately.

It's too bad they did not succeed. They are all so smug and loathsome, I kind of don't care if they are terrorized. What Victor just did to his kids, and Nate, OY! All of a sudden, Nate is the devil. Sorry, Satan, thy name is Victor. Nate saved your life and endangered his career for you in the past you organ stealing gasbag! Nikki is almost worse, with her stripper matriarch snobbery. Nate may have turned for the worse for a bit, but he is worth 1000 Newmans. Run far away from these creatures, Nate! It's sad when Adam is one's favorite Newman...

• Like 6
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Js Nana said:

but I honestly think that Nate was in doctor mode when he set things up for Victor to stay at a medical facility for testing and treatment, which would have been in Victor's best interests had he actually been suffering from dementia, and not because he wanted to ride Victoria's coattails into taking over Newman Enterprises.

Me, too.  If Viktor really had dementia, it just would have been a matter of time before Nate and Victoria took over.  All Nate had to do was wait and keep on Vic's good side, and as a doctor, he would know this.

10 hours ago, Js Nana said:

the storeroom in her coffee shop is not an appropriate setting for counseling sessions?

But it's a swell place for boinking handsome cops!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
18 hours ago, MsMalin said:

What do you call a drunk snob? 

Katherine Chancellor, circa 1975

15 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

⬆️ I didn't understand the significance of that music on the phone call.  Was it another obscure reference, like the Victorian doll?

Looks like Jordan (I presume) is taunting Nikki with her stripper past.

12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I honestly think that Nate was in doctor mode when he set things up for Victor to stay at a medical facility for testing and treatment, which would have been in Victor's best interests had he actually been suffering from dementia, and not because he wanted to ride Victoria's coattails into taking over Newman Enterprises.

Thank you! I scream that very thing at the TV every single time. It looks like Lily is FINALLY the person to start to see the sense here.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Poor Nate. He better get a job soon so he can keep up his monthly payments on the penthouse. 😏

Lol, Nate looking at Tucker like, "M.f.-er, please."

Nikki put the used shot glass in her purse when she heard Victor's footsteps. I hope the glass didn't have some dregs of vodka still in it or she might have to toss the bag and its contents.

OMG, STOP SAYING MY BABY, Victor. Stop!

Nate, have you met Tucker before? He probably bought the Spelling Clinic in Lake Geneva just to get access to Victor's registration info.

OMG, STOP ANSWERING CALLS FROM UNKNOWN, Nikki. Stop!

Yes, Lily, call Nick out on his Newman cult b.s. Seems to me he should've been keeping himself at home while he's recuperating instead of running all over town.

The show actually hired extras for Nikki's AA meeting. Wow. But Chance couldn't even get a breathing tube when he was in the hospital. 🫤

Sure, Victor, you all should stick together as family. That is unless your name is Adam or Abby, amirite? FOH with your self-serving, controlling nonsense. Worst. Patriarch. Ever.

I can't understand why Nikki didn't recognize the stripper tune on her phone. That brassy, swinging music is pretty much an old-school striptease trope now.

What the heck, IMO Esther stepped out of her lane with Lily and Devon. Where Nate works is hardly her business, even as a former C/W employee.

Quoting myself

On 11/29/2023 at 1:52 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Countdown until Aunt Jordan pops up in GC. I give it a week, tops.

to say, "Called it!" Exactly one week. Thanks, JG! 😉

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

NIck, as usual, hears what he wants to hear.  Lily was politely trying to let him know that all of inappropriate self-groping was obvious to everyone.  She's watched enough National Geographic specials to know what comes next is either a spontaneous nit pick and gulp luncheon or an explosion of juvenile primate sexual self-exploration.  Lily's been with ButtBiscuit, she knows the drill.

I don't understand Devon's deference to Victor, does anyone else have an idea?  Devon's been a witness to enough of Victor's machinations and misdeeds that him seeking him out for advice and guidance seems silly.  Frankly, if he is going to see Victor as some sort of a mentor then he should have the same attitude to Tucker.

Oh Esther, shut it.  Mrs. C would, of course, wish Devon well but I can't see her caring much one way or another about his relationship with Lily.  Why she's such a Nate supporter makes no sense to me.  Conceptually, I guess I'm glad Esther exists but I'm even happier not to see or hear her.

Tucker is so great at being such a pest, isn't he?  His needling of Nate was superb, right up to him swinging his feet off Audra's bed and strolling out of her hotel room with that casual, "I like him", tossed back at Audra and Nate.

I thought MTS did a great job at the AA meeting.  I'm thinking EB is using all those cringeworthy "My Baby" and "My Sweetheart" with Nikki because he can't remember her name.  

I don't know how we're supposed to believe Nikki didn't remember the song heard in every strip routine ever filmed, unless Show wants us now to think that Nikki stripped solely to three string quartet renderings of Schubert and Stravinsky.  Nikki was a strong devotee of Thump it with a Trumpet and You Gotta Have a Gimmic, period.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11

I still don't get the relevance of the music.  Despite the countless times people have thrown Nikki's stripper past in her face, she has never been ashamed of it.  Quite the opposite, actually.  And I'm pretty sure she didn't have a drinking problem at that time.  So why is the music "breaking" her?  Could Jordan have been one of her rival dancers at The Bayou?  

Happy St. Nicholas Day, Preverts!  Let's all toast Nick on his onomastico with a nanner smoothie! 🍌🦍

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Today:  🥱🥱😴😴😴😴

How stupid is it that Nikki didn’t recognize stripper music until it was played on the piano?  Victor must have noticed the music because he stuffed many $1 into Nikki’s G String as he watched her dance. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 5
  • LOL 12
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I still don't get the relevance of the music.  Despite the countless times people have thrown Nikki's stripper past in her face, she has never been ashamed of it.  Quite the opposite, actually.  And I'm pretty sure she didn't have a drinking problem at that time.  So why is the music "breaking" her?  Could Jordan have been one of her rival dancers at The Bayou?  

Happy St. Nicholas Day, Preverts!  Let's all toast Nick on his onomastico with a nanner smoothie! 🍌🦍

Happy St. Nicholas Day to you, too, Snaporaz!  Did the good bishop drop by your house and leave any goodies?  Even at my advanced age, I guess my immaturity is still strong enough that St. Nicholas still rings the doorbell and leaves a little bag of candy.  He still always gets away without me catching him.

If St. Nicholas stopped by the Newman Raunch, he'd leave them nothing but cow pies and Rocky Mountain Oysters.

• LOL 9

Rocky Mountain Oysters

Thing is though, unless they were raw and left out in the sun for several hours, many people would appreciate the gift of such a  "delicacy." Victor probably thinks they give him an extra jolt of testosterone. (They don't.)

Despite the countless times people have thrown Nikki's stripper past in her face, she has never been ashamed of it.  Quite the opposite, actually.  And I'm pretty sure she didn't have a drinking problem at that time.  So why is the music "breaking" her?

Because JG is a hack. He thinks he's being ever so clever mining Y&R's history for storyline and plot point ideas. However, he also seems to expect the viewers who actually remember what happened to develop amnesia. Sigh.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, boes said:

NIck, as usual, hears what he wants to hear.  Lily was politely trying to let him know that all of inappropriate self-groping was obvious to everyone.  She's watched enough National Geographic specials to know what comes next is either a spontaneous nit pick and gulp luncheon or an explosion of juvenile primate sexual self-exploration.  Lily's been with ButtBiscuit, she knows the drill.

I wasn’t expecting the assassination attempt right up front. Pretty slick, boes.

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • LOL 9
14 hours ago, boes said:

I don't understand Devon's deference to Victor, does anyone else have an idea?  Devon's been a witness to enough of Victor's machinations and misdeeds that him seeking him out for advice and guidance seems silly. 

I think Devon just wanted to get the other side of the story.  Nate pretty much blamed the Newmans, Victor especially, for his termination, leaving him blameless.  I just hope Lily doesn't convince Devon to rehire Nate.  She seems to see only that he was being a good doctor and got treated unfairly, which may be true. Try to remember, Lily, why you fired him in the first place.

14 hours ago, boes said:

Oh Esther, shut it

And get off my screen.  I didn't like this character when she was the ding-bat 'maid' and I like her even less now.  Just because she works part-time at CW does not mean she has a vote.  She and Auhntie Lame can go play in traffic together.

13 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Victor must have noticed the music because he stuffed many $1 into Nikki’s G String as he watched her dance

Pretty sure he wasn't paying attention to the music.

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9

Since all the storylines are so boring (IMO),  I need to vent about something trite....it has bugged me forever that the tables at Society have no tablecloths.  It makes the place seem cold, not edgy....and the tables never look inviting...it irks me when they put the plates directly down on those tables....the tables never look clean...

Of course, every time I see someone dining at The Athletic Club and I see those white tableloths, I smile.

I know I know..... SiouxB......get a life :)

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Bigwig boss lady Jill comes out swinging and Tucker's got jokes. Whee! And then mood killer Mamie showed up. 😒

Well now, I gotta admit Billy was looking rather dapper today. His suit wasn't hanging too loosely on him for a change.

Apparently it didn't occur to Devon that Victor, Nikki, and Nick had a deliberate agenda against Nate. Hmmm. Blind faith can be dangerous, Devon.

Oh please, as if Mamie could afford to buy Chancellor. As if. Looked like she had enough money to get her hair fixed though. It was mostly all the same color and texture today. Mostly. 😼

Billy, rein in your ego. Two local yet international companies are not fighting over who gets to have you on their payroll. You were a nepo baby before nepo babies had their own hashtag.

Sounded like Tucker wants to create a reason for Billy to leave Jabot. If Billy's gone Kyle can slide back into the co-CEO position. Then Audra would run Kyle on Tucker's behalf. Okay.

Doesn't Lily's daughter Mattie go to Stanford? I didn't realize they had wildfires so near the campus. Instead of his jet, Devon better send Lily on his helicopter in case she needs to drop a rope ladder over the quad and airlift Mattie out of there, lol.

Jill said Tucker was swinging his "big dog energy." Heh, I have it on good authority the Wiki page for BDE has Tucker's photo on it and the "d" doesn't refer to canines. 😏

A random mention of Lily's ex, Cane. Bleh. But the closed captioning misspelled his name as "Kane." Tee hee, the disrespect is still real.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Is this emergency trip for CK's maternity leave? I don't know how far along she is.

Tucker's nebulous plans for Jabot and CW have been going on for what seems like forever, and they haven't progressed at all. Meanwhile, the Claire-Aunt Jordan story moved at warp speed.  I noticed in the credits that JG is no longer the sole writer. That has to be an improvement, right?  Right??

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Isn’t it simply atrocious how little respect a sharp dressed gentleman commands these days? I suppose it troubles you not at all, being that you shop for togs at Mortuary Surplus. The clothes make the man, and today was a splendid day to don my burgundy turtleneck of trolling and deliver a master class in hand mixing a bowl of butt batter. First, your mother. That’s not a “your mama” joke; the ultimate prank was played on her when the doctor handed her a pair of nostrils with a baby attached. Oh, the fun I had flicking her last nerve, winding her up and pointing her at Jabot. Then I dangled some juicy bits about your mom in front of Mamie just to see what she’d do. A little bonsai told me that you clever Abbotts have deduced my ultimate endgame - to give myself a psychological boner by fucking with people. That listening device has incredible range, right? You cheeky buttons  put the bonsai in the bathroom, believing I would walk away the first time Kyle brought a rain bonnet into the shower or you got hit with the raw vegetable platter spatter. By the way, teaming up and coming directly at me is not really a plan; it’s vague bullshit that means sweet fuck all. At least offer specifics to keep it interesting, like putting itching powder in my turtlenecks or something. The best part of this whole thing is that even though you know I’m just messing with you guys, you still let me live rent free in your head. I think I even saw some red carpeting rolled out in your nasal atrium. Have fun running yourselves ragged while I drink it all in! Loser.

Signed;

Living My Best Life

Dear Living;

Fuck you! We’ve got plans like you wouldn’t believe. Who do you think you’re dealing with here, anyway? I’ll have you know that I’m a highly sought after prize in the cutthroat corporate arena. Two major players want me in the C suite, but I’m sticking around my home turf to stick it to you. We’re going to go directly at you, but also flank you. My brother will bite his lip while I manspread to air out the bait and tackle. We’re thinking outside the box and inside the envelope, playing chess on a checkerboard and flying under the radar while going over your head. Suck on that, buddy.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Well, lucky for me, my cousins have accepted me back into the family and the family company. I’m excited for the opportunity, but at the same time, I feel one cousin is just waiting for me to fail. He seems to buy into the Newman party line that I was plotting a coup against the patriarch, when I was honestly trying to offer him the best care possible. Why would anyone believe a damn thing that a man who gaslighted his own children says? I know I’ve burned my cousin before and should be grateful for a second chance, but I have to keep it real here - it’s total bullshit that the Newmans lied about me and my cousin seems to buy in.

Signed;

Doing My Part

Dear Part;

The only kind of deal the Newmans have to offer is a raw one. They should be classified as a cult by the government. Did you know they were recently kidnapped? Supposedly they escaped, but you’ll never convince me that the criminals didn’t tell those weirdos to GTFO. Look, I can relate to being the pariah in the family who no one trusts because I may have betrayed them on multiple levels. Let me share the strategies I use to cope. First of all, apologize once, but then remind your fam of your original apology. Be hurt that they seem to forget it. Make sure to persistently dog them, acting all prickly and persecuted when they rightfully tell you to back off. This is important: talk about how you’ve made amends and worked hard on improving yourself even if you haven’t done diddly. In this town, there’s no point in action as long as you can talk a good game. Don’t believe me? I slept with brother’s wife, fucked up the corporate finances and I’m currently bro’s co-CEO. Live the dream, man. Live the dream.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2023 at 11:40 AM, MollyB said:

All Nate had to do was wait and keep on Vic's good side, and as a doctor, he would know this.

Three cheers for MollyB - you, or at least someone with your grasp of the details, should be writing for this show, not JG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2023 at 12:07 AM, Js Nana said:

Victor gets his hooks back into them

Note to producers of Y&R: No matter how long they've been watching the show, anyone with a brain can tell that the above "rinse & repeat" routine has been worked to death, so my suggestion is that a storyline be written in about the non-Newman loved ones of Victor's children staging an intervention designed to break the evil spell Daddy Newman has cast over them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, Snaporaz said:

employers are not permitted to give negative references

What they do when they can't give a positive job review for the former employee is just to confirm that they worked for the company from such-and-such a date, and nothing more - that lets the HR department at the other company know, without saying it, that the job applicant had poor performance reviews with that employer.

• Like 3

Hi all, I haven’t posted much this week. I have been busy starting a new company. I spend my time going from  a coffee house, to random hotel rooms, to tiny bars and to one of our towns two restaurants. I have no information  about my new company or what we are going to do but was hoping some of you might like to work for me. I don’t know what you’ll do or any details other than we will take over some other companies or at least threaten to take over other companies. . If this sounds like something you’d be interested in let me know!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15

Dear Chatty Cake;

I make terrible video games tailored to a niche market in South America. I will require a position for my mother as well, and she’s not playing with a full deck. Do your employees get office sex breaks? Oh, and dental coverage. Keep in mind that I will not take orders from bouffants, unwrapped mummies or nose holes that can park a fleet of eighteen wheelers. If you’d like to conduct an interview, I’ll be drinking vodka in front of alcoholics at the athletic club while watching locals do the walk of shame.

Your future co-CEO,

NP

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

What is Smugly Smug Smug’s malfunction?  He’s looking to be rehired but he’s being combative with Devon and Lily.  Of course they took him back. What would be CW without a backstabber. 

Devon should tell Smugly Smug Smug he should show just a little gratitude for taking him back, but his brain just can’t overcome his ego. Are Smugly Smug Smug and Nostrils brothers from another mother?  They both throw the same temper tantrums. 

Speaking of malfunctions we have Nostrils wanting to jump ship to help mommy.  Nostrils’ reasons doesn’t even make sense because it’s all based on what ifs.  Nostrils’ proposal for CW and Jabot to work together to defeat the mighty Tucker makes a much sense as Taz🌪️ coming up with the cure for cancer. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

always hated the fringe on the tables at crimson Lights

The napkins at Society had fringe on them too, little pom pom balls. Every time I saw them all I could think about was how much yucky stuff must have collected in those balls. They never made sense to me and I was glad when the show stopped using them. I wonder if there had been complaints because there was a scene where Abby was folding napkins and you could see they were the plain generic kind with no fringe or decorations.

Is this emergency trip for CK's maternity leave? I don't know how far along she is.

Yeah, she's probably due soon. She announced on her insta about a month ago that she was having a little boy and she used the words "getting closer." She's generally kept info about her pregnancy pretty close to the vest.

I don't see how going to be near Mattie will cover weeks if not months of CK's maternity leave though. Not unless they've pretaped a bunch of Lily's scenes already, or perhaps Mattie will be hospitalized for an unspecified amount of time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Doesn't Lily's daughter Mattie go to Stanford? I didn't realize they had wildfires so near the campus.

Yup.  Can't imagine that a university that big would not evacuate at the slightest hint of a wildfire threat.  I asked my firefighter son what is the possibility of a fire being that close to Stanford and not being evacuated and he said "why do you watch that shit?"

14 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Tucker's nebulous plans for Jabot and CW have been going on for what seems like forever, and they haven't progressed at all.

I would be happy if everyone of the Jabot and CW people would just stop talking about what Tucker's plans are.  They have beaten this dead horse into a pulp.  Who cares what his plans are?  Pay attention to your own company and its weak points (I cheered when Jill said she had protected her company) and stop wasting time on these interminable living room discussions.  Even if you correctly guess what he's up to, you'll never know 'cause he ain't tellin'!

19 hours ago, SiouxB said:

it has bugged me forever that the tables at Society have no tablecloths.

I dislike the plank menus.  I would hate to be a server and have a party of eight that I had to lug menus to.  Also, it annoys me that the 'menu' seems to be one page, and yet- all the regulars sit and read the thing every damn time they sit down.  Maybe I should listen to my son....

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Did anyone else here ever hear about a company named "Glacade" before today? I knew Ashley and Tucker were planning a company, I did not know it had a name. "Facade" might be more apt. Why dont Ashley and Tucker just make dividing it part of their divorce? Did it ever even have employees, or products? I guess that would be asking for way too much in terms of storylines. I, for one, am sick of all these bare boned corporate intrigues that JG keeps foisting off on the show. They lack any deep context, or basis in the storyline. No one ever works on anything tangible, they just talk about takeover plots, hop over to new corporate jobs, or head out to Society, Crimson Lights, or the Jazz Lounge where they do the same while they drink. Wash, rinse, repeat. Could we please just see Phyllis, the self defined "pariah," do at least 1 hour of her court ordered community service? Did Michael even think there was the remotest of chances Phyllis understood, or would act on, any of the advice he was giving her? I am not getting much meat in any of the current sauces being served by the show's present "romantic couples" menu, either. Seems to me like this show is running out of gas, unless Billy, Nick, Victor, Phyllis, or Nate are talking. Light a match in front of any of their mouths on any given day, KABOOM!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, MollyB said:

I asked my firefighter son what is the possibility of a fire being that close to Stanford and not being evacuated and he said "why do you watch that shit?"

Clearly you did an excellent job of raising an astute son. 🫡 Please send him our regards, and gratitude for his service to his community.

Same thing I do when Nick appears on screen.

OMG. I had been successful in not thinking about Nick's balls. Had. Thanks a lot, NP.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Every time I saw them all I could think about was how much yucky stuff must have collected in those balls. 

Were you talking about napkins here or Nick Newman?

Edited to add: sorry I didn't see Ninja already beat me to the punch with that joke

Edited by MsMalin
  • LOL 10