Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?  It looks like Great Auntie is going to try to off the whole Newman family. I know it won't happen but this does look delicious. Dumb, but delicious.

🦃 Happy Thanksgiving Y'all. You all bring a smile to my face every day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Re today's previews for next week: Aunt Jordan is savage! I bet if she invites you over for coffee you end up with something like this:

9vl0KHk.jpg

She is the only white "dressed " woman there and as such she is the center of attention. Take that however you want.

I definitely read the iffy subtext of the staging of that photo. However, I decided to give the show the benefit of the doubt. During the episode today it was clear Lily was hosting and Abby just decided to wear white for some reason.  <shrugs>

• Like 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Man, that Abbott family holiday pic upthread. Kyle has developed an acute case of punchable face.

Considering that ButtBiscuit and his Angel of Death grin bookmarks Kyle's Rico Suave imitation, all I could think of was how the Abbott family Thanksgiving would only be truly complete with somebody knee groining each of those two posers.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

I guess we can surmise there is no longer a house set for any of the Baldwins. That is the only way I can imagine opening Society on Thanksgiving for only them. And I guess Chloe and the Squirrel got a babysitter on that family holiday (you know family is the most important thing on this show)of Thanksgiving.

Why can't the goddamn Abbott family get off their asses for once and make their own dessert? Can't they do anything in the kitchen besides annoy poor Mrs. Martinez?

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Abby mentioned the Newmans! Victor finally contacted her but apparently she's still mostly in the dark about what's been going on with them. Sigh.

Is bourbon & burgers a thing IRL? Maybe those were turkey burgers, tee hee.

Billy hates pumpkin pie. Right there with ya, William. (My chagrin tho.🫤)

Dang, my guy Tucker was baring his whole soul to Audra. Yeah, put your body in it, playboy.

Where did they dig up Kevin? Yay, Michael's back! And there's crazypants Gloria too.

Mamie, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP! Seems to me you consider "family" the easiest marks for whatever b.s. you're trying to sell.

"You can love and hate someone at the same time." Audra, sweetie, go home. You're drunk.

Wait, so Harrison is spending Thanksgiving with Summer? Does that mean he's also stuck with Grandma Phyllis? Summer's daddy and grandpa are on their way to Oregon, and Daniel is with Lily. Poor little Harrison. Free Tara!

Devon and Lily kept trying to pin Mamie down and she kept deflecting with her same coy platitudes. Gah, I can't stand her. 😡

Glissade. (The closed captioning said "Glaçade." Sounds like a new brand of gelato.) Ashley came in sideways with that, handing Tucker the company they had bought together in Europe. She's probably had Glissade loaded with some kind of corporate poison pill so Tucker better be wary of Abbotts bearing gifts.

Chancellor Industries is Jill's company. If Kay had wanted Devon or Tucker to have it she would've left it to them in her will. I can see Jill perhaps agreeing to be bought out but the Winters et al ain't simply entitled what she owns. Mamie thinks saying the same stupid thing over and over will eventually make it true.

FYI, on Thanksgiving CBS will air a classic episode of Y&R from 1993, and Friday's episode will be preempted for a college football game.

Have a safe and happy holiday, everyone! 🦃

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

And I guess Chloe and the Squirrel got a babysitter on that family holiday

When Kevin said he was thankful for his children, I could only wonder where they were, but it was great to see Christian LeBlanc back and looking happy and healthy.

• Like 16
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Next week looks pretty darn good for Abby and Adam. 

Am I remembering this correctly, because I was a bit distracted at the time, but did the previews for next week's episodes show that Aunt Jordan will poison all the Newmans - except for Adam and Abby, who of course don't qualify as real Newmans because Nikki's not their mother, so they didn't get an invite to the "party" - and what do Claire and Aunt Jordan have planned for Cole?

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Billy hates pumpkin pie.

Well, there's pumpkin pie, and, then again, there's pumpkin pie - I'm a fan of the latter.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

her same coy platitudes. Gah, I can't stand her. 😡

Don't blame VR for that, blame the script she's got to stick to.

Mamie thinks saying the same stupid thing over and over will eventually make it true.

Really, it's JG who thinks that making that character say the same stupid thing over and over again will fool the viewers into believing it.

on Thanksgiving CBS will air a classic episode of Y&R from 1993

But it's from February of 1993 - couldn't it have been a classic Thanksgiving episode from days gone by?

• Like 2

First of all Happy Thanksgiving!  There are many theories as to why Thanksgiving is on a Thursday and even why it’s in the month of November.  The Pilgrims first Thanksgiving was actually in October at the end of the harvest. Abraham Lincoln first declared Thanksgiving to be on the last Thursday in November in 1863, but in 1941, Thanksgiving became a Federal Holiday to be celebrated the last Thursday in the month of November. 

Personally I would prefer a cheeseburger and mashed potatoes over Turkey and mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving.  I guess Audra is too much of a lady to pick up that hamburger and bite into it 😉.  

Jack is absolutely wrong. Thanksgiving is the time for family conflict especially when talking politics and sports. Christmas is the time for family unity and love. 

When listening to Mrs Chipmunk all I hear is nails on a chalkboard.  You just got to give it to Gloria because she is always entertaining when she is in a scene.  It’s totally believable that Gloria stole some clothes but having an affair 🤯.  Mistaken identity, that’s also a stretch. 

Auntie M is fibbing about Jill because she wanted to get rid of her as much or more than Tucker.  Auntie M isn’t it a little more your hatred of Jill than family unity.  Will Devon and Lily turn their back on Jill. Jill is not actually family but Devon and Lily would be hypocrites because they would be doing to Jill what Smugly Smug Smug has done to them. Besides, it was Jill who gave Lily the opportunity to run CW. 

You go Aunt Jorden. Watching her is going to be very enjoyable next week. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Don't blame VR for that, blame the script she's got to stick to.

I am able to discern the difference between an actor and the character they play. I referred to Mamie because I meant her and not the actress who portrays her.

53 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Really, it's JG who thinks that making that character say the same stupid thing over and over again will fool the viewers into believing it.

Similarly, I understand a head writer's function. I also notice what JG in particular does with virtually all of the characters' dialogue since he's taken on most of the Y&R writing task. I think he uses dialogue either to shortcut plot development or drag it out.

That said, in my view what's going on with Mamie is mostly her characterization and she's one of several characters I simply don't like.

1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

But it's from February of 1993 - couldn't it have been a classic Thanksgiving episode from days gone by?

It's been noted elsewhere in the soap forum world that the episode provides a bit of background on the history between Victoria, Cole Howard, and Eve Howard. Allegedly that history will become relevant in the impending storyline involving Claire, Jordan, Cole, and some Newmans.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

In today’s Dear Buttbiscuit, readers will hear from Genoa City’s most prominent residents about what they’re thankful for this holiday season. I’m personally grateful to the Genoa City Blowhole for giving me a platform to tell people who annoy me where to get off.

Victor Newman: I’m grateful for my many lifetimes, k? Of course, I also appreciate the great fortune I have accumulated over the centuries, from the golden, ruby encrusted codpiece gifted to me by Montezuma to the well-endowed ivory horse statue that Caligula pleasured himself with. I am thankful for some of my children, k? A dear hobby of mine is to constantly rank my children based on a number of factors: intelligence, loyalty, quality of birthday gifts, gait, etc. Sometimes it comes down to mere whimsy. I also do this with my grandchildren, and I’ll be damned if Summer doesn’t always come in dead last. Did I ever tell you I was at the first Thanksgiving? I emerged from the deep woods with the world’s first pumpkin pie and was chased into a bear’s den by pilgrims attempting to banish me with bibles. Youhaveanicedaynow.

Nick Newman: My penis. Definitely grateful for the ol’ poon spoon.

Tucker McCall: Turtlenecks. Or are turtlenecks grateful for me? I am deeply thankful that my enemies are a bunch of dumbass pigeons.

Kyle Abbott: I’m so lucky to have a son who is invisible. It’s amazing how easy it is to parent him and enjoy carefree, childfree holidays. I’m blessed to have a mom who realizes I’m a grown ass man and tells me how smart and special I am every day.

Sharon Rosales: I saw Chance naked and wept with gratitude.

Nate Hastings: I am thankful I have a pushy aunt determined to steamroll my way back into the family I betrayed. Also got a pretty good feeling that karma is about to express Victor’s anal glands for him.

Lauren Fenmore: I’m grateful my husband finally came home from Singapore after extracting his crazy mother from a clusterfuck. I’m grateful that even though I no longer have a place to live, I can still borrow a friend’s restaurant over the holidays. Finally, I’m so thankful for the excess of turd brown fabric abandoned at a local shipping depot.

Chelsea Lawson: I’m super stoked that Marchetti has come into some free materials in rich, brown hues that are perfect for Thanksgiving. I’m so deeply appreciative of my boyfriend and his broad, omniscient nostrils that can inhale both our farts, tell them apart and appreciate them on a quantum level.

Jack Abbott: I’m grateful to still have any lips at all considering how often I bite them. Words can’t truly describe my joy at living a Phyllis free life and that I’m not burdened by the guilt of producing Summer. Once a month, I come home, loosen my tie, tell Alexa to play Lady Marmalade and cut loose until I get a charley horse just to celebrate.

Phyllis Summers: Grateful! Grateful? Why should I be grateful? It’s hard remembering to say the right things when your kids are talking to you. I want to speak my truth, not rack my brains for what society considers ethical and moral. None of my ex-husbands invited me for Thanksgiving. I never got my parade for ending the velour menace. Fuck Thanksgiving. Fuck it. And fuck you too.

Lily Winters: I’m thankful my boyfriend’s ex has the personality of dandruff.

Claire Grace: I’m grateful that the Newman family is dumb as rocks.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 13

It's been noted elsewhere in the soap forum world that the episode provides a bit of background on the history between Victoria, Cole Howard, and Eve Howard.

If I kept up on these things, I wouldn't be as clueless as I am, but I still kinda wish it was a Thanksgiving episode from days gone by. 

• Like 2

Just watching today’s episode. Love Tucker and Audra’s scenes together.  The actress that plays Audra has really grown into this role. Due to the age gap I have no wish for them to be linked romantically. But when Tucker was saying she deserves better than Kyle, my mind instantly went to Adam. What a gorgeous power couple they would make!

• Like 6
  • Love 7

It's been years since I've watched Y&R for more than a few days but decided to watch yesterday. It felt like Masterpiece Theater next to GH, so I may stick around for awhile this time. I do have a couple of questions...

Who is Nate?  Devon and Abby, when did that happen? And Phyllis was presumed dead, right? Does everyone know she is alive now? 

I kinda like that there is a mystery going on. Is there anything I need to know about this Clair person?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you wonderful, exquisitely funny and insightful preverts!  You all are a daily highlight to read and interact with every day as we watch, enjoy, or suffer through the Show.

Best.Forum.Ever!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's been noted elsewhere in the soap forum world that the episode provides a bit of background on the history between Victoria, Cole Howard, and Eve Howard. Allegedly that history will become relevant in the impending storyline involving Claire, Jordan, Cole, and some Newmans.

As a Canadian, I have seen the episode and I highly encourage everyone to watch or tape it for viewing on Friday (when there is no Y&R). It is I think good background for those not watching 30 years ago for the mystery plot that will play out next week. Plus it is fun to watch so many actors that were on our screens this week when they were younger 😀     

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

It's been years since I've watched Y&R for more than a few days but decided to watch yesterday. It felt like Masterpiece Theater next to GH, so I may stick around for awhile this time. I do have a couple of questions...

Who is Nate?  Devon and Abby, when did that happen? And Phyllis was presumed dead, right? Does everyone know she is alive now? 

I kinda like that there is a mystery going on. Is there anything I need to know about this Clair person?

tessaray, I don't know if you'll still feel like this is Masterpiece Theater after a few weeks, but here goes.....

Nate is the son of Dru's sister Olivia and her husband, Nate Hastings.  Dru was and still is a doctor, Nate was a detective who worked with Paul Williams.  Nate Sr. is dead and Olivia is working with Doctors Without Borders, I think, and is never seen onscreen.

Devon and Abby happened less than a year ago, I think, but I'm not sure.  She was married to Chance, Nina's son and Devon was their sperm donor/friend.  Lots of back story there but long story short, Abby ended up in an affair with Devon, they got caught and now Abby and Devon are a couple, weirdly enough, living in Chance's home as the three of them parent their joint child, Dominic.

Phyllis played dead to set up Diane Jenkins for her murder but now everybody knows she's alive.  She got a suspended sentence and keeps braying that she's reformed while she windmills her arms, screams at everyone and leans way too far in like a velociraptor eager for lunch.

We still don't know what Claire's story is, why she hates Nikki and the Newmans though they all so deserve to be hated, but the thought is she might be Victoria's daughter from when she was married to Cole Howard. That baby supposedly died but now it looks maybe she didn't??

But, there are tons of other suspects, too.

I hope you stick around for a while!

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

tessaray, I don't know if you'll still feel like this is Masterpiece Theater after a few weeks, but here goes...

Well, I don't think GH's issues will be solved anytime soon and Days is almost as bad, so there isn't much competition.  🙂

It's funny, Victoria and Cole were together (and then not) during one of my longer Y&R stints. So the timing works for coming back now. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Well, I don't think GH's issues will be solved anytime soon and Days is almost as bad, so there isn't much competition.  

Okay, if things at GH are worse than they are at DOOL, then things must be really awful.  Because DOOL is truly awful.  I can say, with all honesty, that Y&R isn't that bad.

But, we all choose our poison,

I really hope you stick around!

(ETA - I've never been able to tolerate GH for more than a few weeks, due to MB and whatever horror it is that plays Carly, so I don't have a clue what is currently dragging that show down into the pits of daytime hell.)

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, boes said:

Okay, if things at GH are worse than they are at DOOL, then things must be really awful.  Because DOOL is truly awful.  I can say, with all honesty, that Y&R isn't that bad.

But, we all choose our poison,

I really hope you stick around!

(ETA - I've never been able to tolerate GH for more than a few weeks, due to MB and whatever horror it is that plays Carly, so I don't have a clue what is currently dragging that show down into the pits of daytime hell.)

MB was actually pretty tolerable the last few years once they hooked him up with Nina but yeah, anything Carly related can be rage-inducing. And GH is probably technically better than Days but I'm more irritated with them at the moment. 

It was so nice to see the various families interacting. The dialog is decent, too. The only thing that I was iffy on was Trevor St. John but then I never cared about Tucker, so it's fine.

I know MTS gets grief for drunk Nikki but I thought she was pretty good yesterday. It's brave to let an actress look that awful. The last time I checked in, Nikki was just swanning around imperiously. I don't even remember what the story was. 

I'm definitely going to stick around for awhile. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I guess we can surmise there is no longer a house set for any of the Baldwins. That is the only way I can imagine opening Society on Thanksgiving for only them. And I guess Chloe and the Squirrel got a babysitter on that family holiday (you know family is the most important thing on this show)of Thanksgiving.

The kids were home with Esther. Kevin said they'd be joining them later for dessert.

The Baldwins were the highlight of the episode for me; welcome comic relief. Watching Michael through the window running back to drag Gloria into Society actually made me laugh out loud. And those hugs looked like they might have had some "welcome back CLB" included with them. It's so good to have him back on the show!

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, seasons said:

Does anyone know what year this is from? 

It first aired on 2/4/1993, and all the actors who look old now looked like teenagers back then - Nina looks like she's a junior in high school.

• Like 10
On 11/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

During the episode today it was clear Lily was hosting and Abby just decided to wear white for some reason.  <shrugs>

Abby is just a very festive bitch

On 11/22/2023 at 6:57 AM, MsMalin said:

She is the only white "dressed " woman there and as such she is the center of attention. Take that however you want.

Apparently on this set, being tone deaf also means you're color blind.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Phyllis turned in her father for embezzling or fraud or something like that, I think. Clearly a woman of principles, she then embarked on a decades long crime spree with no regrets. I’m not sure I want to meet the woman who somehow produced a human velociraptor, unless maybe she shows up to take Phyllis back to Jurassic Park. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14

I saw last Friday's episode and the spoilers tricked me into watching Monday's episode. What an unbearable snooze fest. And the saddest part is that there were characters I like featured. Sigh. 

From what I've read here, I'll watch Wednesday's episode so that I can see the Baldwins. So Fen (or Scotty, lol) didn't come home for Thanxgiving?

I did watch today and really enjoyed that episode from 1993, back when the show was great. Funny, when I heard Cole was coming back, my first thought was I wish it was Ryan instead. So it was extra nice to have a Ryan episode. Michael at his worst! And those puzzle pieces that Sheila was mailing to Lauren and Brad - good times! That's the Y&R that I miss so much.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 6
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

And those puzzle pieces that Sheila was mailing to Lauren and Brad - good times! That's the Y&R that I miss so much.

Give me a naughty puzzle piece, whether it's from Lindsay Welles or Sheila Carter, and I'm a very happy Y&R viewer.  Good times, indeed!

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Finally got around to watching yesterday's "classic" episode.

Those opening credits seemed so avant-garde back in day. All that big hair blowing in the mysterious breeze, ha ha.

Wonder what ever happened to the set that used to be Gina's restaurant? I think at times it's been Gloworm, Nick's bar, and Neil's jazz club. I think parts of it were used for Noah's nightclub too. Maybe it's Society now, with a lot of remodeling and brighter lighting.

I didn't remember Nick ever having blond hair. He took after Nikki, at least until he got SORASed. Cute kid.

Lol, Traci stepped to Lauren with no chill. Too bad sassy Traci eventually turned into the Abbott family Mother Hen she is now.

The infamous Eve Howard. It's hard for me to imagine what led Victor to have affair with her. She came across to me like the Bizarro World version of Nikki. Brrr.

The staging of the scene where Nina was in bed trying to convince Ryan to come over was rather daring. She was holding the phone with one hand and it was sorta implied her other hand was under the bedspread. Under the bedspread doing some, um, personal things. I doubt Y&R could get that scene approved for daytime TV broadcast today. 🤯

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The staging of the scene where Nina was in bed trying to convince Ryan to come over was rather daring. She was holding the phone with one hand and it was sorta implied her other hand was under the bedspread. Under the bedspread doing some, um, personal things. I doubt Y&R could get that scene approved for daytime TV broadcast today. 🤯

There was a scene on AMC sometime in the early 70's, when Phil Brent (the later Nick Benedict version, not the original Richard Hatch) was married to Erica Kane.  They were in bed together, starting their engines as Erica's head slid slowly downscreen until finally disappearing, with Phil's smile getting bigger by the second until cut to commercial.

The earth shook that day.  People said, "Did they.....were they.....nah, no way....are you sure?"

It was the talk of the hospital cafeteria the next day. 

Racy times in the good old days.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

What a treat it was to see that vintage episode!! I almost deleted it because I thought the date was 2/2023. A second look showed me it was 1993!

It was the most fun I've had with this show in I don't know how long!

It also reminded me that I wish there was a way to bring back SoapNet and play all of the soaps from their beginnings. 

For all the "young'uns" that are just seeing Colleen Zenk for the first time as Aunt Jordan, they can get why all of us "of a certain age" are so excited to see her again, lol! 

But seriously... it would take some serious inter-network cooperation (and I don't know exactly who owns all of the shows anymore-- the current and the former), but if they could figure out the business plan, introducing a whole new generation to the Age of Classic Soaps (as well as taking the rest of us on a wonderful nostalgia trip) could only be a benefit!

Does anyone else remember SoapNet?

• Like 10
  • Love 5

Soapnet was fun. Remember those one minute soaps? I can see that going over well with the tiktok generation. But every network now has their own streaming service, keeping all their content siloed. I'm not sure SN could happen today. 

Speaking of streaming... are there any recent-ish episodes that anyone would recommend catching on Paramount Plus? 

• Like 7

watching Thursday's episode now and have some questions:  What is the age difference supposed to be between victoria and Nick? In this episode, he's about 10 and says he saw her car outside. Plus it appears she's married so I'm guessing there's at least 12 years between them. Did they change that along the lines? If not, that would make him 40 and her at least 50 today. Of course they both still act like teenagers most of the time so it probably doesn't matter. Just curious.

Beth Maitland looked stunning. I almost didn't recognize her! 

Who's Douglas and why is he so nosy? 

Is Brad the same one who is Abby's father? And who's Ryan?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

watching Thursday's episode now and have some questions:  What is the age difference supposed to be between Victoria and Nick? In this episode, he's about 10 and says he saw her car outside. Plus it appears she's married so I'm guessing there's at least 12 years between them. Did they change that along the lines? If not, that would make him 40 and her at least 50 today. Of course they both still act like teenagers most of the time so it probably doesn't matter. Just curious.

I don't remember the "actual" age difference, but I've always found it funny that if someone were new to the show, they would assume that Nick is older than Victoria. They've been written in the past few years with Nick acting like Vicky's older Neanderthal brother, instead of Vicky being the oldest by more than a couple of years. I think she was practically a teenaged bride to Ryan, so the age difference with Nick is not as large as the episode makes it seem, but I think some SORASing had also occurred.

You could probably call Douglas (great to see him again!) Victor's major domo. He was a huge part of Victor's early years on the show. He was very much Victor's right-hand man and sounding board. 

And yes, that is the same Brad (although the story was later retconned to make Victor Abby's father-- I always hated that they did that). He was married to both Tracy and Ashley.

And last, Beth Maitland and Tracey Bregman-- it was nice to be reminded how stunning they were back then. Granted, Beth's/Tracy Abbott storyline was more of an ugly duckling to swan story (and that was clearly her "swan" phase), but...yeah. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

watching Thursday's episode now and have some questions:  What is the age difference supposed to be between victoria and Nick? In this episode, he's about 10 and says he saw her car outside. Plus it appears she's married so I'm guessing there's at least 12 years between them. Did they change that along the lines? If not, that would make him 40 and her at least 50 today. Of course they both still act like teenagers most of the time so it probably doesn't matter. Just curious.

TIIC sorased Victoria and Nick a lot.  Originally they were born about six years apart.  With the last mention of age, they are now about two years apart, with Victoria the oldest.  Storywise, she married Cole when she was just about 18.  He was actually her second husband.  Ryan was her first.

He and Victoria worked together in the Newman Inc. mail room.  He was older than her, Victor hated him.  They got married, then Nina got her hooks into him - she was "widowed" by then with Phillip Chancellor III having faked his death.  Ryan was a good temp dad to her son, Chance, who was called "Little Phillip" at the time.  Vic divorced Ryan and Nina married him.  Eventually, Ryan and Victoria got back together and then he got shot and killed, though I don't remember why anymore.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

What is the age difference supposed to be between victoria and Nick?

I dunno, I think when they SORASed Nick and AH was recast as Victoria, the age difference was narrowed. I'd put Nick in his mid- to late 40s and Victoria in her early 50s.

There was a scene on AMC sometime in the early 70's, when Phil Brent (the later Nick Benedict version, not the original Richard Hatch) was married to Erica Kane.  They were in bed together, starting their engines as Erica's head slid slowly downscreen until finally disappearing, with Phil's smile getting bigger by the second until cut to commercial.

The earth shook that day.  People said, "Did they.....were they.....nah, no way....are you sure?"

It was the talk of the hospital cafeteria the next day. 

Racy times in the good old days.

Heh, I barely remember AMC back that far. What I do recall in the waning years is a similar scene with Brooke and Adam. I remember being shocked because I figured Adam Chandler was too high and mighty to be such a generous lover, even for the love of his life. Same way I see Victor Newman now. (I know the show's party line is that Victor is amazing in bed but I bet it's mostly an equipment thing versus technique. 😉)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • LOL 8
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

(I know the show's party line is that Victor is amazing in bed but I bet it's mostly an equipment thing versus technique. 😉)

By "equipment," do you mean the equipment he was naturally endowed with, or do you mean equipment that requires batteries?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
On 11/22/2023 at 1:38 PM, MsMalin said:

It looks like Great Auntie is going to try to off the whole Newman family.

Not the whole clan, just Victor the Great, his queen consort, Nikki Reed-Foster-Bancroft-DiSalvo-Newman-Abbott-Landers-Newman-Chow-Sharpe-Abbott-Newman, Crown Princess Victoria Newman-McNeill-Howard-Howard-Carlton-Hellstrom-Abbott-Locke, and Crown Prince Nicholas Newman - Adam Newman (mother: Hope Adams-Newman-Wilson) and Abby Newman-Rayburn-Chancellor (mother: Ashley Abbott-Lassiter-Newman-Bladeson-Howard-Carlton-McCall-McCall) did not get an invite to the party because they are the off-spring of two of Victor the Great's eight lesser wives.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, boes said:

Ryan and Victoria got back together and then he got shot and killed, though I don't remember why anymore.

After running her sister's husband down and killing him, Tricia left Ryan and moved to England with her father - six months later, she returned to Genoa City and asked Ryan if he'd take her back, but he refused - then this-that-and-the-other-thing happened: Ryan got back with Victoria; Tricia claimed Victor had raped and beaten her, so Victor got arrested; on Ryan and Victoria's wedding day, Tricia locked Victoria in a closet at the church and tried to take her place at the altar, but Victor, who  had escaped from prison, released Victoria from the closet, and when Victoria ran up to the altar, Tricia aimed a gun at her and pulled the trigger, whereupon Ryan jumped in front of Victoria and took the bullet meant for Victoria.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

Ryan was her first.

I think I read someplace that Victoria went to work in the NE mailroom when she was 15, and that Ryan was four years older than her and that they were married from 1992-1993, and that her second marriage, her first with Cole, was from 1993-1994, and then she and Cole were married for a second time from 1994-1998, which made Cole Howard both her second and third husband, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

One note about the Tricia Dennison character - after accidently killing Ryan back in 2001, when she had meant to kill Victoria, she was committed to a mental institution and hasn't been heard of since.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, TVForever said:

Nick acting like Vicky's older Neanderthal brother

He does have that exaggerated brow ridge, so maybe more than one of his direct line Homo sapiens sapiens ancestors mated with Homo sapiens neanderthalensis back in the day, and that's what makes him look so much like one.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

He does have that exaggerated brow ridge, so maybe more than one of his direct line Homo sapiens sapiens ancestors mated with Homo sapiens neanderthalensis back in the day, and that's what makes him look so much like one.

23&Me actually has data on this from people submitting their dna. You can find out if you're more cro-magnon or more neaderthal. Something like that.

8 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Crown Princess Victoria Newman-McNeill-Howard-Howard-Carlton-Hellstrom-Abbott-Locke

You left out an Abbott or two. She married Billy three times. The first time it was invalid, so it's either Victoria Newman-McNeill-Howard-Howard-Carlton-Hellstrom-Abbott-Abbott-Locke. Or, Victoria Newman-McNeill-Howard-Howard-Carlton-Hellstrom-Abbott-Abbott-Abbott-Locke if you count her first marriage to Billy which was invalid, but I think you do have to count that, so Abbott x3 it is. LOL. Sharinsane's littany of last names is the funniest. It's like the Monty Python Spam skit. Newman, Newman, Newman, Bacon and Eggs, Newman, Newman, and Newman. (Actually, it's Collins-Newman-Newman-Abbott-Newman-Newman-Newman-McCall-McAvoy-Rosales, with two more marriages to Nick Newman that were never completed!

I think Vicky was underage when she married Ryan. She was either 16 or 17. 

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3