Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is worried that Claire will end up with Kyle and usurp her as Harrison's stepmother.

9 hours ago, Js Nana said:

2. I'm sorry, Princess Summer, but you are NOT Harrison's mother, you are his former stepmother, and you are eaten up with fear that Claire will not only become TGVNs favorite grandchild, but you are also terrified that she will end up as Kyle's third wife and Harrison's third stepmother (if we include Victoria in as his first stepmother) - Fandom lists Summer as Harrison's adoptive mother, but every other site I've checked out lists her as his step-mother.

So it looks like the newest triangle is going to be Summer. Claire, and Harrison. And I'm here for it, except for one thing. Harrison has a mother, who isn't Summer. Tara didn't abandon him, she got sent to prison for a financial crime. Her love for Harrison was never in question. 

But it looks like Show is going all in on just erasing Tara from Harrison's history.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Conner with OCD, Ashley with DID, Nikki with Alcoholism, and now is Harrison going to have PTSD.  Well he might according to

Coming soon to your nearest supermart:  Campbell's Mental Alphabet Soup!

9 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

but those pouty faces Dummer was making when Claire was near Harrison?

Kyle should shove a grapefruit half into it (ala James Cagney).  She's not his mother, adoptive or otherwise, and Kyle has no reason to allow her to co-parent.  She has no standing in that child's life.  I understand keeping some contact because she was an important part of his life for a while, but he has a mother!  Pouty shouldn't be making any decisions about him.  And Kyle should be allowing some kind of contact with his real mom so he knows she didn't just abandon him and still loves him.  She's not going to be in jail forever.  I think that's more important than whether Claire is in visiting with him.

=rant over=

Edited by MollyB
#I'm sick of Dummer
  • Like 16
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

Kyle should shove a grapefruit half into it (ala James Cagney).  She's not his mother, adoptive or otherwise, and Kyle has no reason to allow her to co-parent.  She has no standing in that child's life.  I understand keeping some contact because she was an important part of his life for a while, but he has a mother!  Pouty shouldn't be making any decisions about him.  And Kyle should be allowing some kind of contact with his real mom so he knows she didn't just abandon him and still loves him.  She's not going to be in jail forever.  I think that's more important than whether Claire is in visiting with him.

Say it louder so the people in the back can hear!

Alas, with Claire's return it appears that Summer is going to double- if not triple-down on her "my son" nonsense. I won't stop hoping Tara will come back and reclaim possession of her child, but now I'm wishing Summer gets pregnant by Chance. Maybe once she has her own kid she'll quit trying to own someone else's.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I think that his business card may read something like this: 

"His Imperial Majesty, Victor the Great, Emperor of Every Domain in the Universe (including Uranus) . . . quake in his glorious presence, you lowly minions, including his family, for he is the Sun, and you mere satellites caught in his gravitational pull who must worship 'He who is the Boss of Everybody' for all eternity."

Don't forget, "You got that!"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
On 4/30/2024 at 8:27 PM, boes said:

Anyone else wonder what else was in those boxes in the storage room?  What else did Jordan think was so important?  Crates of butt-ass ugly dollies and costume changes?

butt-ass ugly dollies - I think I saw them at CBGB's.

On 4/30/2024 at 9:10 PM, Sake614 said:

but Victor looked suspicious. Or maybe just constipated :rofl:. 

I was going to say, nah, the dead don't eat. But then I remembered, yes, they do. They eat brains. Perhaps a steady diet of brains is rather constipating. Grampire needs some roughage.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:16 AM, Denize said:

Did Shelia on Bold and Beautiful go back to looking like Sheila? or Phyllis (I think that was her last disguise on Y&R)?

Over on B&B, none of that Phyllis-faced Sheila nonsense actually happened. All made up rumors.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm wishing Summer gets pregnant by Chance. Maybe once she has her own kid she'll quit trying to own someone else's

With parents like that he should have four function brain cell.

• LOL 10

I was thinking about the dream Nikki had -- and how Vic, Nick & Vicky were seething with anger towards her.  I'd say she got Vic's anger spot on.  That's exactly who he is every second of his life.  But Nick & Vicky?  No, that was way off. 

Have we ever seen Nick & Vicky show any kind of anger -- let alone seethe, almost spitting, with rage & bitterness (as they were in her dream)?  And toward Nikki?  Seems way out of character for them.  I've only see them have sympathy for Nikki's alcoholism.  But Vic?  Hey, she chooses to be with him, as Jackie chooses to be with Diane so  . . . no words.

Idk, Nikki, ya can get yourself clean & sober . . . only to what?  Go back to Vic?  Welp, don't sneak down to the basement for a quick snort, hun, cuz you might get a wee bit of a surprise!

Still disturbed by Vic saying he wouldn't have saved Jackie's life.  That was brutal, awful & gross.  But it says everything about who he is.  Yech.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TVForever said:

So it looks like the newest triangle is going to be Summer. Claire, and Harrison. And I'm here for it, except for one thing. Harrison has a mother, who isn't Summer. Tara didn't abandon him, she got sent to prison for a financial crime. Her love for Harrison was never in question. 

But it looks like Show is going all in on just erasing Tara from Harrison's history.

And except for a few random spurts, we don't see much of Dummer & Chance, do we?  Is that pairing fizzling out cuz he's so fuckin' dumb & dull? 

Or maybe because he's so fuckin' dumb & dull (and clueless) he'll still be hanging around her -- even tho she's clearly lost interest in him.  And she'll focus in on smothering her son, her son, her son & target Phyllis-style antics towards Claire?

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

@Joimiaroxeu...Didn't Billy shoot Chance and cause Chance's little swimmers to become non-commissioned ...thereby causing the selection of Devon's little swimmers to stand in for Chance's for the surrogacy with Mariah because Abby could not carry a child due to her attack by her former husband's spawn that caused a miscarriage ?? 

Have a shot of Drinkki's wodka, spin around twelve times, and you will understand that. 

The point being...there might be very little Chance [LOL!!] That Dummer will be impregnated by her current boy toy.  We [me] can only devoutly hope.

@ScoobieDoobs...a few random spurts...?? I . Am . Not .Going . There. Okay, I already did.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 10

Side benefit of reading these posts ?? The "posted images" to the right side that still feature Shemar Moore  [shirtless, even] . If SWAT is really ever cancelled...would he take a cut in bennnies  to come back to Soaps ?? Just maybe part time ?? An Ole Lady can dream, right ??

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Didn't Billy shoot Chance and cause Chance's little swimmers to become non-commissioned ..

From Celeb Dirty Laundry: "Back when Chance planned to have a baby with Abby Newman-Abbott (Melissa Ordway), he found out he had low sperm count and low motility. However, Chance’s doctor told him that the issue could correct itself at some point." 

"The Young and the Restless Spoilers: Summer's Pregnancy Storyline – Is a Baby with Chance in Her Future? | Celeb Dirty Laundry"

Does anybody know how many times Chance has been shot - aside from back in 2009, when he was fake shot dead by Ronan Malloy to throw off the suspicions of some drug ring.

8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm wishing Summer gets pregnant by Chance

But Chance has that problem with low sperm count and low motility, which is why Devon is Dominic's bio dad, although his doctor did say that the issue could correct itself at some point.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Peppermint said:

@Joimiaroxeu...Didn't Billy shoot Chance and cause Chance's little swimmers to become non-commissioned ...thereby causing the selection of Devon's little swimmers to stand in for Chance's for the surrogacy with Mariah because Abby could not carry a child due to her attack by her former husband's spawn that caused a miscarriage ?? 

Have a shot of Drinkki's wodka, spin around twelve times, and you will understand that. 

The point being...there might be very little Chance [LOL!!] That Dummer will be impregnated by her current boy toy.  We [me] can only devoutly hope.

Miracles happen. Victoria was not supposed to be able to have more kids yet she ended up giving birth to Katie. And even guys who've had vasectomies sometimes have a random swimmer break free, though the odds of it happening at pretty small.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Side benefit of reading these posts ?? The "posted images" to the right side that still feature Shemar Moore  [shirtless, even] . If SWAT is really ever cancelled...would he take a cut in bennnies  to come back to Soaps ?? Just maybe part time ?? An Ole Lady can dream, right ??

I watch S.W.A.T. and IMO that show is running on vapors. Shemar is not really able to do much of the physical stuff anymore. My theory is that CBS uncancelled the show for another season to hold onto him while they're revving up their new soap opera. There are a lot of fan fingers crossed that Shemar will be on the new soap at least on a recurring basis and perhaps not as Malcolm Winters.

• Like 1
  • Useful 10
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I watch S.W.A.T. and IMO that show is running on vapors

It’s been that way since mid season 2. I still watch and there’s an occasional good episode (5/3 for example) but mostly I’m surprised it’s still on the air. Shemar has already said he’d come back in a heartbeat if asked, so $$ isn’t the problem.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 5/3/2024 at 5:53 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Now wait until Nikki finds out Jordan isn't actually dead.

I'm calling it - Drinkki stumbles across Jordan in the basement cage and sets her free.

Why? Because that would not be good story and it's something no one wants to see.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

It’s been that way since mid season 2. I still watch and there’s an occasional good episode (5/3 for example) but mostly I’m surprised it’s still on the air. Shemar has already said he’d come back in a heartbeat if asked, so $$ isn’t the problem.

Yeah the 5/3 episode was good but I noted how the young Asian guy was doing 99% of the physical stuff while Shemar's character was mainly just stomping around waving his weapons. If the show keeps that up it'll become painfully obvious Shemar is (IMO) past his expiration date with heavy action roles. I'll be curious to see what he does next if he doesn't return to soaps.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I'm calling it - Drinkki stumbles across Jordan in the basement cage and sets her free.

Why? Because that would not be good story and it's something no one wants to see.

What I don't understand is what Victor's plan is to keep anyone from going down to the wine cellar and discovering the jail cell. They could have a perfectly innocent desire to retrieve a bottle of one Victor's rare vintages while he isn't home. Is the door to the cellar locked and only Victor can open it?

Whatever, if Nikki does find Jordan I doubt she'll release her since calling 9-1-1 for Jordan turned out to be a huge mistake. I think Nikki would just use it as another excuse to get blackout drunk. MTS is great at it portraying Nikki at her worst but after the dedicated episode last week, I think it's starting to get tiresome.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Shemar's character was mainly just stomping around waving his weapons.

I dunno, he’s still pretty fit. But yeah at some point they need to showcase the younger guys. Not sure what the plan is for season 8 since they’re clearly winding down in expectation of not returning. street, Luca and Deacon are gone. Of the original cast, it’s just Hondo. I get the two women confused all the time. So I guess next year will be Hondo training a new squad before he too retires or takes a desk job? I would’ve been happy if it just ended this year as planned.

• Like 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

he's so fuckin' dumb & dull? 

Yeah but conversation, {I'm sure} wouldn't be the top priority for most when confronted the handsomeness that is Chansome.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 9

Do not play with fire, people. Putting the idea of a knocked up Summer into the universe is just begging for a karmic kick to the ass. Talk about chaining Chance to a boat anchor that never shuts up. Send her back to her bouffant bro before she permanently ruins Chance. His appeal has taken a nosedive with me.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 10:04 PM, Js Nana said:

5/3/24 episode (S51 E147):

1. The Y&R PTB should definitely hire the actor who was sitting behind Victoria's left shoulder in the Society scenes; that man made a whole character out of an anonymous background figure, it was like he was playing the character with everything he had - from facial expressions to head movements to even just the movements of his right foot when he crossed his right leg over his left, to taking sips from his cup of coffee, to his effective use of the I-pad he was holding as a prop - it was an eye-catching performance without one word of dialogue.

Maybe he’s hoping they’re hiring for Nikki’s next assistant and he’s trying to impress. Or he just believes in the old adage: There are no small parts, only small actors. 

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2024 at 10:42 PM, Peppermint said:

Didn't Billy shoot Chance and cause Chance's little swimmers to become non-commissioned

Where exactly does a man have to be shot for just his little swimmers to become "non-commissioned," but for him to still be able to ejaculate - My apologies for the clinical wording of this question, but I worked in a VA hospital back in the 70s, and it was almost entirely male patients.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Send her back to her bouffant bro

But I want Cleve to end up with "bouffant bro," which will cause dear Summer to spin completely out of control and run off to Italy, where she will marry a phony Italian "Principe" who will bamboozle her out of her every last dime, and I want Chance to end up with . . . anyone but his ex-wife's niece, or Sharon; but maybe I really don't want Cleve to end up with "bb" because I like the character and I don't want her to get stuck with a dud like him, but I do want Summer to spin completely out of control - maybe Tara could return to GC to claim her son? - run off to Italy and marry a phony Italian "Principe" who will bamboozle her out of her last dime.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The moderator team has followed the topic over the past week and a half and, as it may have been noticed, removed several more posts. Some for their content in general, others for the use of nicknames. 
Nicknames are fun. They create humor and a sense of togetherness. There’s a group dynamic that makes one feel like they belong: only a limited number of people know who is meant, how it's meant, and I’m one of them.

But there’s another side to nicknames. 

Nicknames are derived from stereotypes or a character’s/person’s (physical) traits. Consequently, any comment that uses a nickname alludes to the stereotype or trait the nickname originated from, regardless of what the comment is about otherwise. As only an exclusive group of people will fully understand, a nickname becomes a dog whistle. 

While it may seem harmless where fictional characters are concerned, it should be remembered that there’s a person behind every fictional character. An actor, a creator, a voice.
There are people who identify with (part of) a character or (part of) their story, people who share similar (physical) traits. To them, a harmless-seeming nickname can be hurtful. 

To others, it can create an unwelcoming environment. 

Posters who aren’t familiar with the culture may ask themselves: Who is referred to? How is the nickname meant? Where does it come from? Can anyone use it or will I be made fun of when I use it? I’m not comfortable using a nickname, so what reaction will there be if I don’t?

That creates uncertainty and discomfort. Someone who’s hesitant to post to begin with may not want to post at all. Someone who’s posted before may withdraw.

That isn’t just true for the use of nicknames. Every post affects not only our fellow posters but also members and guests who read without posting. Like the use of nicknames, every post contributes to the environment we post in and determines if it’s an environment only a select few or a large majority feels comfortable posting in.

Does that mean you have to avoid certain subjects? Absolutely not. What it means is that before hitting that submit button, it can be helpful to look over the post again and consider:

- if you would say what you’re saying to a person's face
- if you would be comfortable if the person, a person connected to that person or a person who shares similar traits with the person you’re talking about, read the comment
- how you would feel if you were the person you're talking about and you read the comment
- how would you feel if you were sympathizing with the person you're talking about or if they were someone you knew and you read the comment

These are questions every poster has to answer for themselves but as you answer them, please keep in mind that the person you're putting yourself in the shoes of, (likely) doesn't know you, so they don't know what you sound like or how a comment is meant.

But as a general guideline, it's not so much about what is discussed, as it is about how it's discussed.

(Please note that (much of) the above also applies to any commentary on moderator action. Feedback and questions should therefore be kept out of the discussion forums and taken to the appropriate place).

(edited)

About Chance.  His looks were (and still are) a wowser; he clicked with Abby.  But at this point (for me) he has become wallpaper; so good to look at, but that's about it.  The pairings with Sharon and Summer seem forced.  He should be a main character in the never-ending Chancellor/Winters/etc. business story. 

Show...Lily is single. Has Elena been sucked into a volcano?  Her character can seem a bit dull (therefore the romance with Devon) but she can be a vibrant actress.  Sometimes it seems that half the cast has become day players.

Come on, make something happen with Chance! Let him become a true Abbot and insert some much-needed life into a now very dull and predictable soap opera. 

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 5/3/2024 at 4:18 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

This has to be one of the worst addiction stories ever. If Jack did indeed pop real pills, wtf? If the whole thing was an elaborately staged scene to shock Nikki into sobriety, that is terrible writing. It’s such a dumb, convoluted, unrealistic thing to do that it boggles the mind.

I’m so tired of Nikki apologizing to Victor. Apologize to Jack for sucking his life force dry. Apologize to yourself. Tell Victor to take his imperious, controlling shtick and enjoy a long walk off a short pier. While he’s right that Jack should not be Nikki’s sponsor, the prick isn’t doing her any favors stashing her supervillain nemesis on the property.

This episode felt like the Newman Hour with cameos by a couple of Abbotts.

These writers are notorious for plot holes and sloppy writing to cover how bad they are. I felt like they should have had Nikki in rehab a long time ago and if they wanted to continue the story this way with Jordan , have Jordan pose as an orderly and kidnap her from rehab. Not that hard to figure out. 

Yes Nikki has to apologize to Jack, herself and maybe Victoria but definitely not Victor. The way he treats his family at times is horrible and he’s doing no favors for anyone imprisoning Jordan on their property.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:05 PM, Sake614 said:

So it seems that it wasn’t a ruse and Jack did in fact take real oxy. What a complete and total moron! At least next week Diane gets to read him the riot act, so that’s something. But seriously, WTF was he thinking? Nikki means more to him than his family? Than his own sobriety? Maybe he needs some intensive therapy as well to overcome his addiction to her. But I just can’t abide Victor screaming at Jack that Jack was supposed to take care of VICTOR’s wife. That’s not a sponsor’s job Victor, it’s yours. And you failed her by not insisting weeks ago that she enter rehab. Like maybe the time when you found all the booze she stashed away? Or when she called you from the bar and said she was hammered? But no, you just kept telling her how brave and strong and resilient she is and how she can beat it on her own. 

I liked the sibling banter between Nick and Victoria. It was fun and lighthearted for a change. 

I rag on Dummer a lot, but kudos to her for insisting that Harrison receive therapy immediately to help him cope with being kidnapped. That’s what a responsible parent does, unlike everyone else in that damn town.

when Claire and Kyle first met, I thought it was a chem test. But after seeing them today, he talks to her more like an older brother, encouraging her to put the past behind her, asking what she wants to do with her life etc. I could see them as friends, but I certainly don’t want her to end up as Harrison’s nanny. Aside from the fact that I’m still not sure I trust her, I have a hard time seeing Victor Newman’s granddaughter being hired help. 

in other news I truly covet the leather jacket Claire was wearing today. Waiting for it to go up on wornontv.net so I can drool over something I couldn’t hope to afford Lol!

Yes you said it perfectly. Jack is obsessed with Nikki specifically because of his savior complex. He needd  to feel he’s saving his friends and family when when it’s not his place. Diane deserves to be angry at him. He’s putting her in a bad position. He’ll probably tell her not to tell the rest of the family. This could have really easily gone sideways with now the family having to deal with Harrison’s trauma, Ashley’s mental issues and his death. They are dealing with enough. This would have sent everyone over the edge and for what? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 5/3/2024 at 6:15 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

More musings on today's Y&R:

I thought Claire had some huge stones, showing up unannounced at the Abbott manse after what they just went through with Harrison's kidnapping. She had to cover her bases with Kyle quickly, I guess.

Claire and her doe eyes were giving me the ick. Kyle's an all-day sucker for them though. 👽

Harrison is not going to forget anything. At best he'll merely stop talking about the kidnapping and at worse he'll repress his scary memories in unhealthy ways.  

Odd that the EMTs left Jack there in the hotel room unconscious instead of taking him to the hospital.

I sure wish Tucker would've been walking down the hall and seen the mess going on in Nikki's room. Oh well, he'll have to settle for reading about it on the GCAC's subreddit.

Like father like son. Aren’t both suckers for women who take advantage of them and walk all over them? 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
On 5/4/2024 at 11:09 AM, TVForever said:

Either they are going rid of erasing Tara from Harrison’s history or wait until later to maybe if Kyle and Claire get married or Kyle and Summer get back together. TIICs (The idiots in charge) seem very reluctant to hire many new actors nowadays, so it could be that too.

On 5/4/2024 at 11:56 AM, MollyB said:

Coming soon to your nearest supermart:  Campbell's Mental Alphabet Soup!

=rant over=

He shouldn’t abruptly have Harrison cease contact with Summer, but I get what you mean. Kind of wean Harrison off of Summer and have him get to know his bio mom.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Where exactly does a man have to be shot for just his little swimmers to become "non-commissioned," but for him to still be able to ejaculate - My apologies for the clinical wording of this question, but I worked in a VA hospital back in the 70s, and it was almost entirely male patients.

It may have been just a grazing shot that caused a lot of inflammation (like when Phyllis ran down Pristine & Paul with a rental car and its hood ornament hit Paul in the crotch, yet Ricky was born a few years later). In Chance's case, they weren't sure that he would become permanently infertile, which made the whole rush to create a child for Abby in his absense storyline ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Re the many faces of Ashley - from the Better Health Channel: "Traumatic events that occur during adulthood may also cause dissociative disorders Such events may include war, torture or going through a natural disaster."  However, McClean Hospital reports on its website that: "Dissociative identity disorder—a type of dissociative disorder—most often develops during early childhood in kids who are experiencing long-term trauma. This typically involves emotional, physical, and/or sexual abuse; neglect; and highly unpredictable interactions with caregivers."

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

highly unpredictable interactions with caregivers.

This describes the childhoods of every Newman and Abbott child, doesn't it?

Case in point, Noah Newman: His six-times married mother, Sharon (Collins/Newman/Abbott/Newman/Newman/McAvoy) Rosales was first married to his father, Nicholas Newman, then married his father's brother, Adam, then married, divorced, and then re-married his father's father, Victor Newman, then married his father's half-brother, Dylan McAvoy - if his mother had had a child each with Adam and Dylan, they both would have been his  maternal half-siblings and his paternal half-cousins, as his father would have been his maternal half-siblings half-uncle, and if his mother had had a child with Victor, they would have been his maternal half-sibling and his paternal half-uncle/aunt, as his father would have been the half-brother of his maternal half-siblings - - believe it or not, things something like this happened, more than once, from about the late 1700s through to the 1850s in the Alabama side of my family - half-first cousins (once removed) marrying and having children, siblings from my family marrying siblings from another, resulting in children who were double-first cousins - the reproductive combinations they could come up with, without there having been actual incest, are astounding to our modern day sensibilities.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
19 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

This describes the childhoods of every Newman and Abbott child, doesn't it?

Case in point, Noah Newman: His six-times married mother, Sharon (Collins/Newman/Abbott/Newman/Newman/McAvoy) Rosales was first married to his father, Nicholas Newman, then married his father's brother, Adam, then married, divorced, and then re-married his father's father, Victor Newman, then married his father's half-brother, Dylan McAvoy - if his mother had had a child each with Adam and Dylan, they both would have been his  maternal half-siblings and his paternal half-cousins, as his father would have been his maternal half-siblings half-uncle, and if his mother had had a child with Victor, they would have been his maternal half-sibling and his paternal half-uncle/aunt, as his father would have been the half-brother of his maternal half-siblings - - believe it or not, things something like this happened, more than once, from about the late 1700s through to the 1850s in the Alabama side of my family - half-first cousins (once removed) marrying and having children, siblings from my family marrying siblings from another, resulting in children who were double-first cousins - the reproductive combinations they could come up with, without there having been actual incest, are astounding to our modern day sensibilities.

I missed the part of today's show were this was a topic of discussion.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5

@Js Nana...I'm sure you could have answered the "Four Questions" appropriately..." Yes - yes - fine - fine." 

I'm confidant that the soap opera characters of Ashley, the Newmans and the Abbots wil remain mentally and emotionally unharmed.

I'll see your Alabama story and raise you a Southern Maryland one. My first "real" boyfriend [ at 12 & 13 ] was someone I dated off & on til we were 18 & 19. At that time we toyed with the idea of marriage. Then his mother jokingly revealed that my paternal great grandfather was her maternal grandfather.  It was his third marriage and her second. After 5 or 6 or more pregnancies  a wife would pass away, causing the need for another wife to mind all the children. Thankfully wife number 3 was a widowed mother past childbearing age !! And I never did marry my "step-cousin " .

Back to our previously scheduled snark...

• Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Man Victor is a creepy psycho. Just sitting there for who knows how long just watching Jordan sleep with that smirk on his face. I wonder how it smells down there. I saw no toilet or bucket and is he feeding her? Rats maybe? It’s his prior MO. Does she have anything to drink before he gave her the vodka? How long has she been in there? Don’t make me feel sorry for her Victor. 
And Jack’s complete lack of awareness of what could have happened. Those scenes with Diane were great. 
Lastly, it was nice to see Sharon, but the costumers hate her. What was that top and purse? The shoulder pads? Hello 1986.

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Sharon! <was sitting on my hands so hard a few of my fingers almost broke>

Blah, blah, blah, Jack. Sacrificing yourself to your own addiction to "save" Nikki was utter b.s. insanity. How are you so stupid? How!!!!????

Sharon was the professional Summer consulted about Harrison's possible PTSD. 🙄 At least Sharon referred Summer to someone with more apt treatment skills.

Summer compared her parenting of Harrison to Phyllis and Nick's parenting of her when she was a kid. Good grief. Are we supposed to be seeing Summer as mentally ill too?

On my Monday Y&R What the Fcukery bingo card, I did not have Nick of all people propping Jack's absurd actions wrt getting Nikki to stop drinking. 😱

Phyllis brought up the peanut butter kiss that almost killed Summer as a child. Interesting nod to history. Not sure I'd compare it to Harrison's kidnapping though. Jordan wasn't trying to kill him.

There it is. Summer demanded Claire not be allowed around Harrison. Not gonna disagree but I don't think that's Summer's call.

Summer said she wants to banish Claire from her whole life. Good luck with that, Summer. GC is a small town when it comes to Newmans. You'll have to avoid pretty much all of them, especially your Aunt Vikki.

Ehhh, Jordan will need more than one bottle of booze to drink herself to death, Victor. Just sayin', there are better ways to accomplish the goal.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

More musings on today's Y&R:

l wonder how Jack managed to get out of the GCAC without the press swarming him? One of the elites of GC having the EMTs called for them should've been breaking news.

Who's running NE right now? Nikki's at rehab; Victor is tending to his secret prisoner in the cellar jail; Nick is running around shooting the breeze with his ex-wives; and, Victoria is probably at the Tack House coddling Claire.

Phyllis keeps saying over and over how she wish she could've taken that bish Jordan down. Me too, Red. Then maybe she'd be dead and you'd be in prison.

Why was it even up to Summer to find a therapist for Harrison? Seems to me that would be Kyle's responsibility as, ya know, Harrison's actual, legal parent.

Diane was right, the opioids Jack took could've been laced with fentanyl. Or rat poison. Gah Jack is so stupid!

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
10 hours ago, Kemper said:

Show...Lily is single. Has Elena been sucked into a volcano?  Her character can seem a bit dull (therefore the romance with Devon) but she can be a vibrant actress.  Sometimes it seems that half the cast has become day players.

It's odd how long-time characters now seem like they just pop in randomly. Elena's not a vet but she's shown she can hold her own with them. I wouldn't mind seeing her with Chance. Meanwhile, Lily's headed back to Billy I suspect, though it may be a ruse on his part.

45 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Those scenes with Diane were great. 

Yes, the actress brought her A game today. You could feel Diane's growing anger and horror as Jack told her bit by bit what he did. Brava!

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Summer said she wants to banish Claire from her whole life. Good luck with that, Summer. GC is a small town when it comes to Newmans. You'll have to avoid pretty much all of them, especially your Aunt Vikki.

It's possible to avoid the Newmans - or rather they avoid you.  Just ask Abby. 😆

Summer could potentially have her own health issues with having a child since she gave up part of her liver for Lola. She could have some complications that make it a high-risk pregnancy. That could be a reason she's holding on to Harrison so tightly.

Phyllis and Nick talking about their/Summer's past trauma off Patti poisoning her with peanut butter feels like a reach to give her current reactions to Harrison's kidnapping more heft - but I appreciated the nod to her history.  Also going back to how Victor shouldn't be able to say boo to Jack given the Marco debacle, he also played a hand in young Summer getting hurt due to his bringing Patti to town to destroy Jack. It'd be something if Jordan somehow got the drop on Victor and locked him in the cage and left him to rot. Him hallucinating and being 'tortured' by his family and Nikki and Jack could give some interesting insights into how his mind works these days. Between his age, dehydration, and his need to take his heart transplant anti-rejection meds (from Colleen due to the Patti craziness because of, you guessed it, Victor) things could get dicey for him real quick. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Peppermint said:

I never did marry my "step-cousin "

As children of siblings, your father and your bf's mother were 1st cousins, which means that you and he were 2nd cousins; it also means that your father was your bf's 1st cousin once removed and his mother was your 1st cousin once removed - do you think these kinds of reproductive combinations are only prevalent in the South, because I was born and raised in Massachusetts, and I can't remember ever hearing of anything like that happening here.

2 hours ago, boes said:

I missed the part of today's show were this was a topic of discussion.

It wasn't a part of today's show, it was simply me musing on some of the plot devices the show has in play right now - some shows focus on Victor/Jordan, some shows focus on Summer's hysteria, some shows focus on the goings-on at Chancellor-Winters, and some shows focus on Ashley's Dissociative Identity Disorder.

(edited)

Jack deserved every blast Diane sent his way, and more.  His Hero complex is way out of whack and needs to be dialed back fast.  Both Susan Walters and Peter Bergman did a really good job today, I thought.  I wonder where this is going, though......

Careful with the ultimatums, Dummer.  You don't want Harrison around Claire, well, maybe Kyle doesn't want Harrison around the psycho you call mommy, Phyllis.  Claire's done some pretty awful things but your mommy Phyllis has DECADES on her.  Also, didn't Phyllis just make Harrison mourn her death when she wasn't dead?

Of course, until very recently, we had no indication that Phyllis, or Nick, for that matter, had even met Harrison, much less had some relationship with him.  But now we're supposed to believe that they've been in his life for ages. Okay, Show, two can play at that game.  So lets ban ALL psychos from his life, which will include Mommy Dearest Phyllis.  That'll cut down on his Christmas card list, considerably.

Also, maybe Kyle might want to remember that he's the only parent in Harrison's current scenario and that Dummer is nothing more than a concerned non-relative with ZERO decision-making regarding the kid.  If only there were any brain matter in his pompadoured head instead of just hair product, Kyle might remember that.  God, Lola dodged SUCH a bullet!

Though, truth be told, I'd be happy if Show gave us a break from Claire, just because.

Yea!!  Nikki is off to rehab and we're relieved of having to watch her for a while.

Meanwhile, Victor sits ensconced in his upholstered potty chair watching Jordan overact.  Much more of this and I'll need that drink.

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

To comply with the moderators directive, I will no longer use nicknames. 

You want to make a situation worse, have Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ and Phillis 🕷️ weight into the situation.  

Hey Victor, I have info for you. Jack almost didn’t kill Niki. He actually risked his life to save her.  Victor’s animist towards Jack shows no bounds. 

Even Nick 🦍🦍🦍🦍 saw the truth in what Jack was trying to do. Victor doesn’t realize that sponsors are not infallible. 

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ it’s about her and than in turn Phillis🕷️ makes it all about her.  It’s about Harrison, not them.  

Summer❄️x6 has turned green once again because she doesn’t want Claire/Eve anywhere near Harrison. Summer❄️x6 it’s not your decision to make. If Kyle wants Claire/Eve to see Harrison that’s his choice not hers.  Maybe Kyle should keep Phillis🕷️ away from Harrison. She could be a terrible influence on him also. Summer❄️x6, after that rant is now Summer❄️x7.  Why doesn’t Kyle remind Summer❄️x7 that she chose her mother over Harrison.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

You know, Dummer, I was almost on your side -- OK, I said ALMOST, and really for a split second at most. 

Look, would you be fine & comfy, knowing Claire's background & behavior (er, keep in mind, that's within the last year alone!), being around your 6 or 7 year old son, and starting to form an extremely close bond with him?  Me?  I'm not so sure -- wait, yeah, I am, hell no!  I'd keep her visits very well supervised at ALL times, thank you!

It's just lovely & wonderful for Vicky & Cole (who may be a crackhead, we don't know for sure, but looks like one, so I wouldn't think much of his judgement) that they trust Claire completely.  But even Nick (THE biggest dunce in GC, other than Chance) is skittish about trusting Claire.  I still don't trust her.

But Dummer's reaction was over-the-top nutty -- even for an offspring of the biggest loon in GC, Phyllis.  Now, I'm curious how Kyle will react to this.  Will he wimp out & give into her wacko bullshit?  Or will he say -- listen, bitch, fuck off, you have no powers here, get lost!  And will he bring up a more interesting point -- what are her rights in decision-making about Harrison?  Are they NONE, as we suspect?  Hmmmm.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Huh. I thought I posted here this morning about enjoying the episode with fictitious Jack and fictitious Nikki and his offering her toast, the bread kind, just before he started making toasts. Remember years ago when the fictitious character Nikki relapsed and we saw her pouring vodka from a flask into a teacup at the GCAC, and she held up this little triangle of toast, real toast - not the fictitious kind, to try to hide the flask? That was both hysterical and iconic. I believe that when fictitious Jack offered fictitious Nikki bread toast he was giving a nod to that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

I said it before & I'll say it again -- that chair parked across from the prison cell in Vic's basement is disturbing & weird shit.  So he just wants to sit across from her & taunt her?  And what's he accomplishing with this?  Are we supposed to find this entertaining?  Gives me the creeps & icks.  

Idk, to me, this twisted shit goes more in line with his deep hatred & disrespect of women, than anything about Jordan anymore.

• Applause 10
(edited)

Phyllis wore this today:

QvUVtki.jpg

Phyllis wore this in January 2023:

plKcc8A.jpg

According to Worn on TV, both are from the same designer and the main difference is the older one is velvet. I'm at a loss to understand what's so fabulous about this dress that Y&R's wardrobe people needed to buy two of them.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
yeah, i'm still ocd like that
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, boes said:

Meanwhile, Victor sits ensconced in his upholstered potty chair watching Jordan overact.  Much more of this and

Upholstered potty chair. Now there's a visual. 😵 It would only be worse if it were made of suede instead of leather.

49 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

So he just wants to sit across from her & taunt her?  And what's he accomplishing with this? 

At this point I think Victor is planning to keep to himself out of legal trouble. If he turns Jordan over to the authorities she'll tell them he's kidnapped and held her hostage twice. She may be looking at a permanent stay in prison for murder, attempted murder, and kidnapping but Victor would also be charged for his crimes.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Love 3
On 5/5/2024 at 1:39 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

while they're revving up their new soap opera.

What new soap opera?

• Like 1