Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, boes said:

there are only 7 basic narrative plots

Whether it's Wycliff Aber Hill's 36 basic plots, or Christopher Booker's 7 basic plots, or Matthew Jocker's 6 basic plots, the plot is the structure of the story, while the narrative is how the story is told, and if the narrative of, in this case, a soap opera storyline, rehashes situations and events that have been used as plot devices many, many times before in that particular show, then they become cliched - - how many times did Victor Newman call on his "crack" security team to protect his family from some villain, before faithful viewers realized that his doing so meant that some Newman was going to fall victim to some villain who got past that same "crack" security team.

• Like 2
(edited)

My only other soapy DID experience was Carrie Todd on GL ages ago.  I remember it being pretty well done (Doug Marland was writing at the time, but the story ended abruptly when he left).  Carrie had distinct personalities, and I don't think they knew what the others were doing.

Real Ashley is totally in the dark, but the other Ashleys seem to know everything about Real Ashley's life.  So why didn't Flirty Ashley know the details of how she and Alan met?  

The most interesting part of Nikki's drunk dreaming was how it revealed that she subconsciously knows how cruel and abusive Victor is.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

More musings on today's Y&R:

Abby said Billy is her favorite uncle. Sucks to be you, Nick. 😈

So it sucks to be Jack, who is the main reason she won $500 million!  (And an honorable *sucks to be* mention to Victor's hot brother Matt, but I don't think Abby ever met him.)

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, boes said:

Well, according to a lot of academics, there are only 7 basic narrative plots anyway, so pretty much everything is broadly a retread of something else.

I agree there are only 7 basic plots but there are only 3 major themes.

Which are:

Man vs Man

Man vs Nature

Man vs Himself

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
(edited)

So it sucks to be Jack, who is the main reason she won $500 million! 

Oh, I just really wanted to say something mean about Nick. I can't imagine Abby ever having anything against Jack. (At least not unless Abby finds out not one of the Abbotts told her Ashley had gone off the rails, or Jordan had kidnapped her cousin Kyle's kid right out of the family home.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Love 3

So it sucks to be Jack, who is the main reason she won $500 million!

Coming back to this, I had completely forgotten Jack was the one who put Abby up on game regarding her Newman trust fund. That storyline wasn't working for me because waaah, rich kids mad because they don't get to be richer with zero effort. And then Victoria and Nick jumped on the bandwagon so they could snatch their trust funds too. I was glad Abby triumphed though because AFAIC it's aways nice when Victor is defeated.

What's odd to me though is how Victor, Jack, and Devon are the only people considered to be billionaires. Seems to me at least Abby and Victoria should have invested well enough to have grown their $500M inheritances to a billion or more. Nick made a big production of giving most of his money away to charity so he's likely scraping by with only a few hundred milion. 🙄

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

My only other soapy DID experience was Carrie Todd on GL ages ago.  I remember it being pretty well done (Doug Marland was writing at the time, but the story ended abruptly when he left).  Carrie had distinct personalities, and I don't think they knew what the others were doing.

I didn't much watch GL and am not familiar with their DID storyline. However, I think Erica Slezak,  formerly of OLTL, set the standard on soap opera portrayals of DID. She won six Daytime Emmys, a record she still holds. (And that was back when winning a Daytime Emmy actually meant something and it wasn't little more than a participation trophy.)

On OLTL, grande dame Victoria Lord had six alters, including a young teenaged boy and a manifestation of her evil father who had sexually abused her as a child. Josh Griffith was a writer on OLTL for some of their DID stuff so former viewers of that soap might be recognizing his handiwork here on Y&R.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, boes said:

I hope that MTS's Emmy submission reel is a speeded up version of her running from Jack back down the hallway to her room.  Preferably with the Looney Tunes theme music.

Dammit boes! Give a girl some warning before you write this stuff! Note to self: Do not imbibe whilst reading boes posts!

Edited by surfgirl
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

MTS' acting is good, but I have never enjoyed watching drunks.

I thought Victor had one of his crack security detail following Nikki at all times. Did he pull them when he declared Jordan "dead", still knowing that Nikki has a hard time avoiding the bottle?  Why not put a find 'your' phone app on Nikki's phone (not something I would do, but it is certainly something Victor would do). In addition to contacting bars & booze stores, why hasn't Victor instructed the GCAC to let him know if she is at their bar or has booked a room?  

The Abbotts should do the same for Ashley since she keeps disappearing and is close to the line for being charged with sexual harassment by the GCAC bartender, piano player, and at least one guest.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3

I can’t believe what trash today’s episode was. A pair of senior citizens stumbling around slurring for an ENTIRE EPISODE? I fast-forwarded all the way to the last scene just to see where we would end up. Jack we see those pills are fake. Bad acting, 60 minutes wasted. A few scenes of that would have been PLENTY. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Js Nana said:

t Estelle Getty, who played Sophia on Golden Girls used cue cards towards the end of the run of the show, because I would notice her looking off camera while delivering some of her lines

I read that she had the beginnings of dementia and her lines were all over the set.  It was particularly true when she had awful raisin scene.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

Ok I get it. The monkeys with a keyboard have previewed their top 3 Daytime Emmy nominations with Nikki, Jack, and Ashley.

I have to believe Jack was faking it to scare Nikki straight but the monkeys with a keyboard gave us a pretty good insight to the world of an alcoholic. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

Sober her up? Jack, it should be clear you don't have the skills necessary to make that happen. At this point Nikki is still a dry drunk even when she's not actively chugging vodka.

Geez, now Jack has to call housekeeping because the glass bottle Nikki smashed on the floor can't pick up itself. Plus, getting a sliver of glass is your foot is hella dangerous.

Drunk Nikki's got jokes. PB did used to play a doctor on TV, tee hee.

Jack could've had housekeeping take the bottles of vodka when they came to clean up the broken glass, no?

Jack called his old dope dealer! Oh damb! Seriously though, what would it accomplish for Jack to throw away his own sobriety from pain killers just hoping to shock and guilt Nikki?

Apparently Nikki did not know about Jack's former struggles with narcotics. Huh.

Wait, what? Why was Jack's dope delivery in a neat baggie of tablets? That must be the fancy way illegal drug drops are done. The rubes just get some folded up wax paper full of loose powder for direct snorting. 😉

Hmm, methinks Jackie palmed those tablets instead of swallowing them. They were probably filled with powdered sugar anyway.

And then Jack pretended to pass out after he called to give somebody a heads up. Diane? Lauren? Victor?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

awful raisin scene.

It's been a while since I've watched reruns of the show, so I have to ask which episode had that "awful raisin scene"

• Like 2

I think Jack must have a hero complex, where he thinks his power is his crisp diction. Trying to talk sense into a drunk person is like conversing with the radio, even if you enunciate ev.er.y sin.gle syl.la.ble.

Me 25 minutes in: is this entire episode devoted to Nikki and Jack? Ehhh, it's a 36-minute Emmy reel for two soap vets. (And of course JG will submit it for writing and directing. 🤨)

🎶They need to make her go to rehab, but she'll say, "No, no, no!".🎶

I see you, JG, giving us a bottle episode which contained a lot of bottles. <chuckle>

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, surfgirl said:
17 hours ago, boes said:

I hope that MTS's Emmy submission reel is a speeded up version of her running from Jack back down the hallway to her room.  Preferably with the Looney Tunes theme music.

Dammit boes! Give a girl some warning before you write this stuff! Note to self: Do not imbibe whilst reading boes posts!

Edited by surfgirl
  • LOL 11

A pair of senior citizens stumbling around slurring for an ENTIRE EPISODE?

Not sure what their age had to do with it. Rhetorical questions: would the episode have been better if it had been Summer and Chance? Heather and Daniel? Lily and Devon? Claire and Kyle? Aria and Harrison?

At least Jordan didn't show up disguised as a housekeeper.

• Like 9
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Jack: I have nowhere else to be…

Yeah, Diane might disagree with that assessment. You remember her, right? Your wife? 

I truly hope Jack either pretended to take the pills or they were placebos. I would hate to think he’d willingly throw away his own sobriety for Drinki. Although I was kind of hoping he’d REALLY loosen up, not just loosen his tie Lol!

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

It's been a while since I've watched reruns of the show, so I have to ask which episode had that "awful raisin scene"

I don't remember the whole premise, but Estelle was telling a story, About Mamma Celeste, and it was painful to see her struggling for her lines.  Not funny at all--it was painful to watch. It almost looked like her lines were on the rains.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
52 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

About Mamma Celeste

Is this the one about who's the better cook - Mamma Celeste or Sophia?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Trying to talk sense into a drunk person is like conversing with the radio

Never argue with a drunk, the drunk always wins.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not sure what their age had to do with it. Rhetorical questions: would the episode have been better if it had been Summer and Chance? Heather and Daniel? Lily and Devon? Claire and Kyle? Aria and Harrison?

lol the last two i think can be left out of the conversation for a few years.  I’m AARP age old too,so I can sympathize, but it just looked like PB was trying not to throw his back out at certain points. The physicality of the scenes just seemed difficult for the actors at points.

But I will admit I can’t think of any two characters on this show that I would likely enjoy watching for an entire episode. My attention span is too short, I’m ready to be done with this Nikki storyline.

• Like 12
On 5/1/2024 at 8:15 PM, Waldo13 said:

Being a Brooklyn Dodger and then a NY Mets fan we heard, when they loose, wait until next year. 

That's how it was for me growing up in Boston as a Red Sox fan - every stinkin' year, even when they started off great, even when they made it to the playoffs, they would find some stupid way to lose - people who were new to Boston would become excited about the team's prospects, and I would have to tell them not to count on it because they'd just end up with their hearts broken - and then, at last, after 86 years, they pulled of winning the 2004 world series - The End

• Like 2
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I don't remember the whole premise, but Estelle was telling a story, About Mamma Celeste, and it was painful to see her struggling for her lines.  Not funny at all--it was painful to watch. It almost looked like her lines were on the rains.

Hey, could you guys please take these random musing to the small talk thread? They clog up the discussion here. Thanks so much! 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Hey, could you guys please take these random musing to the small talk thread?

Sorry, surfgirl, I got carried away.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sober her up? Jack, it should be clear you don't have the skills necessary to make that happen. At this point Nikki is still a dry drunk even when she's not actively chugging vodka.

Geez, now Jack has to call housekeeping because the glass bottle Nikki smashed on the floor can't pick up itself. Plus, getting a sliver of glass is your foot is hella dangerous.

Drunk Nikki's got jokes. PB did used to play a doctor on TV, tee hee.

Jack could've had housekeeping take the bottles of vodka when they came to clean up the broken glass, no?

Jack called his old dope dealer! Oh damb! Seriously though, what would it accomplish for Jack to throw away his own sobriety from pain killers just hoping to shock and guilt Nikki?

Apparently Nikki did not know about Jack's former struggles with narcotics. Huh.

Wait, what? Why was Jack's dope delivery in a neat baggie of tablets? That must be the fancy way illegal drug drops are done. The rubes just get some folded up wax paper full of loose powder for direct snorting. 😉

Hmm, methinks Jackie palmed those tablets instead of swallowing them. They were probably filled with powdered sugar anyway.

And then Jack pretended to pass out after he called to give somebody a heads up. Diane? Lauren? Victor?

First of all , both actors did an amazing job in their scenes yesterday. Sometimes tough to watch but well done !! Emmy noms for both . I have to admit I felt bad laughing at Nikki imitating Victor and the doctor joke but that was comic gold . Jack has patience of a saint . Nikki isn’t making it easy for him. Being the mean drunk it makes it tough to help much less like her . 

But Jack is in over his head . And he’s in for a world of trouble . If he’s taking he’d ensue the wrath of Victor and if he’s not he’s putting his life at risk for Nikki and it’s not worth it , sorry . And of course add the wrath of Diane . Why Victor let Jack go on with this sponsor thing is beyond me . It was so ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Denize said:

MTS' acting is good, but I have never enjoyed watching drunks.

I thought Victor had one of his crack security detail following Nikki at all times. Did he pull them when he declared Jordan "dead", still knowing that Nikki has a hard time avoiding the bottle?  Why not put a find 'your' phone app on Nikki's phone (not something I would do, but it is certainly something Victor would do). In addition to contacting bars & booze stores, why hasn't Victor instructed the GCAC to let him know if she is at their bar or has booked a room?  

The Abbotts should do the same for Ashley since she keeps disappearing and is close to the line for being charged with sexual harassment by the GCAC bartender, piano player, and at least one guest.

Agreed . Both lacking on their parts .

21 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Boes is frickin 😄 funny!

13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Jack: I have nowhere else to be…

Yeah, Diane might disagree with that assessment. You remember her, right? Your wife? 

I truly hope Jack either pretended to take the pills or they were placebos. I would hate to think he’d willingly throw away his own sobriety for Drinki. Although I was kind of hoping he’d REALLY loosen up, not just loosen his tie Lol!

Jack no matter what happens now is in a world of trouble. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I truly hope Jack either pretended to take the pills or they were placebos

I was hoping this was a set up, too.  Of course, Jack had no idea Drinkki was there-he was consulting with Assley's friend and just  happened upon Drinkki.  [not a spoiler, just my guess] But maybe, whilst Drinkki was in the bathroom and room service came and cleaned up the glass, too, he was able to contact someone (hope it was Diane because the only other person I could think of was Adam who helped him out of another drug related deadhooker mess) and got fake pills to fool the drunk.  After years of not contacting him, I can't believe a) Jack had the dealer's current number b)the dealer even picked up and c) Jack got the pills so quickly.

Also having a hard time that Drinkki didn't pass out after all that booze.  Or die from alcohol poisoning.  There were way too many empty bottles in that room.  I would have been blacked out, throwing up and passed out after the first pint.

2 hours ago, realitytvfan1017 said:

Why Victor let Jack go on with this sponsor thing is beyond me . It was so ridiculous.

Why Viktor didn't put her in rehab from the gitgo is beyond me.  Same with Assley.  Traci/Jack don't want to admit she has alters, like it would bring shame on the Abbotts or something.  But flouncing around town hustling bartenders and piano players doesn't?

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Well apparently I was wrong about the pills being fake. It is really hard to believe that Jack would take pills out of nowhere… and I am going to be really annoyed if we now have to watch a Jack relapse story. Enough already.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 9

Why would anyone ever stay at the GCAC? Apparently people can just open your room door as there are no locks. Or if Victor did have a key he would have had to get it from the front desk, and then it’s not a safe place to stay as they give keys to non registered people.

• Like 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MollyB said:

I was hoping this was a set up, too.  Of course, Jack had no idea Drinkki was there-he was consulting with Assley's friend and just  happened upon Drinkki.  [not a spoiler, just my guess] But maybe, whilst Drinkki was in the bathroom and room service came and cleaned up the glass, too, he was able to contact someone (hope it was Diane because the only other person I could think of was Adam who helped him out of another drug related deadhooker mess) and got fake pills to fool the drunk.  After years of not contacting him, I can't believe a) Jack had the dealer's current number b)the dealer even picked up and c) Jack got the pills so quickly.

Also having a hard time that Drinkki didn't pass out after all that booze.  Or die from alcohol poisoning.  There were way too many empty bottles in that room.  I would have been blacked out, throwing up and passed out after the first pint.

Why Viktor didn't put her in rehab from the gitgo is beyond me.  Same with Assley.  Traci/Jack don't want to admit she has alters, like it would bring shame on the Abbotts or something.  But flouncing around town hustling bartenders and piano players doesn't?

Yes, I was surprised it was real and was convinced he was faking . Yeah I wondered how he would have figured it out that quick but I’d never guess he’d actually have the drug dealers number and then actually get the drugs from him.

Yes both should have been in rehab/mental health hospital a long time ago. They are too worried about Nikki’s and Ashley’s feelings. Their feelings won’t matter if they are too far gone and all. 

1 hour ago, lgprimes said:

Well apparently I was wrong about the pills being fake. It is really hard to believe that Jack would take pills out of nowhere… and I am going to be really annoyed if we now have to watch a Jack relapse story. Enough already.

Oh gosh, I hope not a relapse/rehab story for Jack! 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

This has to be one of the worst addiction stories ever. If Jack did indeed pop real pills, wtf? If the whole thing was an elaborately staged scene to shock Nikki into sobriety, that is terrible writing. It’s such a dumb, convoluted, unrealistic thing to do that it boggles the mind.

I’m so tired of Nikki apologizing to Victor. Apologize to Jack for sucking his life force dry. Apologize to yourself. Tell Victor to take his imperious, controlling shtick and enjoy a long walk off a short pier. While he’s right that Jack should not be Nikki’s sponsor, the prick isn’t doing her any favors stashing her supervillain nemesis on the property.

This episode felt like the Newman Hour with cameos by a couple of Abbotts.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9

So it seems that it wasn’t a ruse and Jack did in fact take real oxy. What a complete and total moron! At least next week Diane gets to read him the riot act, so that’s something. But seriously, WTF was he thinking? Nikki means more to him than his family? Than his own sobriety? Maybe he needs some intensive therapy as well to overcome his addiction to her. But I just can’t abide Victor screaming at Jack that Jack was supposed to take care of VICTOR’s wife. That’s not a sponsor’s job Victor, it’s yours. And you failed her by not insisting weeks ago that she enter rehab. Like maybe the time when you found all the booze she stashed away? Or when she called you from the bar and said she was hammered? But no, you just kept telling her how brave and strong and resilient she is and how she can beat it on her own. 

I liked the sibling banter between Nick and Victoria. It was fun and lighthearted for a change. 

I rag on Dummer a lot, but kudos to her for insisting that Harrison receive therapy immediately to help him cope with being kidnapped. That’s what a responsible parent does, unlike everyone else in that damn town.

when Claire and Kyle first met, I thought it was a chem test. But after seeing them today, he talks to her more like an older brother, encouraging her to put the past behind her, asking what she wants to do with her life etc. I could see them as friends, but I certainly don’t want her to end up as Harrison’s nanny. Aside from the fact that I’m still not sure I trust her, I have a hard time seeing Victor Newman’s granddaughter being hired help. 

in other news I truly covet the leather jacket Claire was wearing today. Waiting for it to go up on wornontv.net so I can drool over something I couldn’t hope to afford Lol!

• Like 8
  • Love 4

So frigging stupid, Jack. You risked killing yourself to get Nikki to stop drinking. WTAF.

Buh buh buh busted, Nikki! Hope getting bombed out your mind was worth the wrath of Victor.

See what your secrets and lies have wrought, Victor?  Now wait until Nikki finds out Jordan isn't actually dead.

How that crow taste, Summer? You probably had to pull your whole foot out of your mouth before you could eat it.

Kyle, what's next for Claire is her dedicating herself to coming at you and your son to create her own instant family. Buy a clue.

Whoa, Victor basically wished Jack dead. Jack better pray this incident doesn't reignite his and Victor's old feud. O hai Marco Annicelli.

Yeah, no, Claire, I wouldn't be letting you anywhere near Harrison. If he needs to talk things out, his family can get him professional help. Stop trying to glom onto a innocent child.

And now Summer has an excuse to turn her "my son" obsession up to 11. Tara, where are you???!!!

Re the previews: Jack's gonna need a vat of aloe when Diane gets through burning his hide. Let's go!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, MollyB said:

Also having a hard time that Drinkki didn't pass out after all that booze.  Or die from alcohol poisoning.  There were way too many empty bottles in that room

Or develop "wet brain".

So I'm think maybe, just maybe Jack has been taking a few pills every now and then.  That maybe he has dealer on speed dial?

ETA Jack's talking about all his responsibilities between the company, Ashley and Harrison's kidnapping and other stressors in his life made me think he's slipped or thought about it and the responsibility Nikki threw on him just overwhelmed him and he relapsed.

Just my 2cents.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought Claire had some huge stones, showing up unannounced at the Abbott manse after what they just went through with Harrison's kidnapping. She had to cover her bases with Kyle quickly, I guess.

Claire and her doe eyes were giving me the ick. Kyle's an all-day sucker for them though. 👽

Harrison is not going to forget anything. At best he'll merely stop talking about the kidnapping and at worse he'll repress his scary memories in unhealthy ways.  

Odd that the EMTs left Jack there in the hotel room unconscious instead of taking him to the hospital.

I sure wish Tucker would've been walking down the hall and seen the mess going on in Nikki's room. Oh well, he'll have to settle for reading about it on the GCAC's subreddit.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

Why would anyone ever stay at the GCAC? Apparently people can just open your room door as there are no locks. Or if Victor did have a key he would have had to get it from the front desk, and then it’s not a safe place to stay as they give keys to non registered people.

IKR? Ashley and others have let themselves into Tucker's room more than once. It didn't appear to matter whether they were also guests of the hotel or not. Seems like a huge potential liability to the hotel to me. Whatever, Victor probably threatened to buy the joint and fire all the front desk people if they didn't hand over the key.

Or, that was the NE corporate suite (e.g., where Victoria and Nate used to have their trysts). Then all the Newmans can get the key whenever they want.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Conner with OCD, Ashley with DID, Nikki with Alcoholism, and now is Harrison going to have PTSD.  Well he might according to Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ because he’s worried more about Claire/Eve than himself.  Harrison has a big heart so why wouldn’t he be concerned more about Claire/Eve than himself.  Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ jumps to conclusions because she really doesn’t worrying about anything more than herself.  Altruism is another concept the ❄️ can’t comprehend.  Another trait she inherited from her mom. 

I get it, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is really worried that Harrison is becoming too close to Claire/Eve. As I said before, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is and has always been upset when she is not the center of attention.  

I still have one burning question.  WHO IN THE HELL WAS THAT DEAD WOMAN IN THE STORAGE UNIT!!  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/2/2024 at 1:50 AM, surfgirl said:

Firstly, the Drinkki Show was uh.maze.ing. MTS does really do drunky mcdrunkeness so well. I don't know if they chose her to play this long story line because of that, or if she's just taken to it like a duck to a pond full of vodka. Either way, I applaud her for allowing herself to be filmed in those ungodly pink slacks, which were - how to put this nicely - were less than flattering when we saw her laying about on the couch in her vodka-induced haze. Then running around in said slacks, I have no words. I'm not sure why you would wear such hideous clothing and at a time when you're slinking around a hotel trying to go unnoticed, and yet for some reason thought it a good idea to wear hot pink, ill fitting slacks but okay, they really looked awful, so go costuming dept.

All this, man. Just happened to catch this on my day off-just give her all the awards!

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I still have one burning question.  WHO IN THE HELL WAS THAT DEAD WOMAN IN THE STORAGE UNIT!!  

PREACH !!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/1/2024 at 11:39 PM, Snaporaz said:

Carrie had distinct personalities, and I don't think they knew what the others were doing.

From what I've found on line, for an individual suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), there is usually one dominant identity with one, or more, subordinate identities, and while this dominant identity can't remember what happens during the time a subordinate identity is in control, the subordinate identity(ies)may be aware of the dominant identity's existence and actions and may even comment upon and criticize the dominant identity as if it were another person.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is really worried that Harrison is becoming too close to Claire/Eve.

Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is worried that Claire will end up with Kyle and usurp her as Harrison's stepmother.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, pvandal said:

Apparently people can just open your room door as there are no locks.

In this case, the EMTs left the door open when they left and neither Nikki nor Jack realized it - that's how Victor the Great, Emperor of the Entire Universe, including Uranus, got in.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Thanks Js Nana. I totally missed that. Do you think Victor has that title on his business cards? If not he’s gonna once he hears it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Do you think Victor has that title on his business cards?

I think that his business card may read something like this: 

"His Imperial Majesty, Victor the Great, Emperor of Every Domain in the Universe (including Uranus) . . . quake in his glorious presence, you lowly minions, including his family, for he is the Sun, and you mere satellites caught in his gravitational pull who must worship 'He who is the Boss of Everybody' for all eternity."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

5/3/24 episode (S51 E147):

1. The Y&R PTB should definitely hire the actor who was sitting behind Victoria's left shoulder in the Society scenes; that man made a whole character out of an anonymous background figure, it was like he was playing the character with everything he had - from facial expressions to head movements to even just the movements of his right foot when he crossed his right leg over his left, to taking sips from his cup of coffee, to his effective use of the I-pad he was holding as a prop - it was an eye-catching performance without one word of dialogue.

2. I'm sorry, Princess Summer, but you are NOT Harrison's mother, you are his former stepmother, and you are eaten up with fear that Claire will not only become TGVNs favorite grandchild, but you are also terrified that she will end up as Kyle's third wife and Harrison's third stepmother (if we include Victoria in as his first stepmother) - Fandom lists Summer as Harrison's adoptive mother, but every other site I've checked out lists her as his step-mother.

3. TGVN rushes into Nikki's room at GCAC like he's the boss of her - when he told her to get cleaned up and that he was taking her home and making arrangements for her rehab, she should have replied that she was, indeed, going to clean up, but that she would be taking herself home and making her own rehab arrangements and getting to rehab under her own power - she should never have apologized to him for anything - I will say it loud and clear, Nikki Newman is an abused wife - she is bullied and ordered around by a husband who believes he is the "Emperor of the Universe, including Uranus."

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3

I truly disliked virtually everything about today and yesterday's episodes.  Although Jack can be annoyingly obtuse at times and too much of a cheerleader at other times, he's still one of my mainstay favorite characters, portrayed by one of my favorite actors.  I've never been a huge fan of Nikki nor of MTS, though I've liked both well enough at times.  I like MTS best in her role as mother and grandmother, I think she relates easily with younger actors when she's given the chance.  

But yesterday's episode, with Nikki's ugly meltdown and then Jack following suit wasn't something I wanted to watch.  They may have a done a good job acting but I didn't want to watch it.  I really don't want a storyline of Jack falling apart and back into addiction.  I neither liked nor really bought him as an addict before and I can't see it being anything but worse this time around.

Today, after reading your posts about this episode, I mostly skipped every scene that had Victor in it.  I couldn't stand to listen to that character berate and sneer at Jack and Nikki and nobody tell him to STFU.  Lock that asshole in a cell.  Show insists on portraying Victor and his actions as somehow admirable or at least understandable and that doesn't work for me.

I could stand not hearing anyone, ever again, apologize to the malignant mole of a man and I NEVER want to hear anyone ever again say "he really loves his family". 

No he doesn't.

• Like 8
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 10
6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Well, go find out!

• LOL 8

As unpleasant as the last 2 eps were, it's kinda consistent with these 2 characters.  We saw Nikki has been on a downward spiral, taking quick chugs & scarfing down breath mints.  So did she need a direct trigger for such a tailspin to hell?  Not really.  If anything, maybe thinking everything is wrapped up might have set her off. 

And Jackie wants to save (& care for) everyone near him.  That's his shtick.  So maybe what he did makes sense for him.  Very ugly, dark, depressing, disturbing & unpleasant stuff.  Not exactly a light, casual way to spend your afternoons, eh?  Thanks for nothing, Josh.

Idk, I'm way more disturbed by Vic's behavior & attitude.  Again, very consistent with his horrible character (or lack of).  He blames Jackie for Nikki's state (not his fault she's a drunk) & has zero empathy that he could have died trying to help Nikki.  And he won't accept that Jackie's actions finally motivated Nikki to go to rehab.  Yech, he's awful.  And did he say he never should've ALLOWED Jackie to be her sponsor?  ALLOWED???  Ugh!

And yeah, there's still Jordie locked up in his dungeon/prison basement.  How long is that sick shit gonna go on for?

As much I'm not digging Claire, she has a sweet chemistry with Harrison.  I'm not seeing any romantic spark with her & Kyle, but those pouty faces Dummer was making when Claire was near Harrison?  Oh, we know what's comin'!  Tantrums, shrieking & hissy fits.  Now just add one-shoulder jobbies & overly flat-ironed strings & ya got mommy's twin!

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, boes said:

I couldn't stand to listen to that character berate and sneer at Jack and Nikki and nobody tell him to STFU.  Lock that asshole in a cell.  Show insists on portraying Victor and his actions as somehow admirable or at least understandable and that doesn't work for me.

Jack told him that Nikki saved his life, and Victor casually replied “I wouldn’t have.” As if his undead ass has the right to say boo to Jack after the Marco debacle.

Nick and Victoria had the only relatable scene, and I kept waiting him to ask his sister to pull his finger.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

This week was awful. When the rescue of Sheila Carter on B&B is more fun to watch, you know you've got problems. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3