Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

How are my babies this weekend?
Aunt Jordan did a lot for Claire. She had some nerve calling her a monster. She’s a mentally ill woman. 
Poor Nikki, waking up to her sponsor. It would have been funny if it had been Deacon Sharpe sitting there. 
Oh my, more flashbacks. I couldn’t care less about Tucker and Ashley’s 5 minute marriage.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

So, I wasn’t going to watch the dream episode since I dislike them but there I was, sucked in by how different Sharon Case looks since her return. I wonder if something has been going on for the last year or so with her, fillers or whatever else is popular without doing surgery, and then while she was out she quit doing that stuff and this is a more natural face? Her skin just looks better, not as puffy and slpotchy. Or am I naive and she had some real work done? Because she doesn’t look “done” to me, just normal now and looks refreshed but her age. She does seem to have lost quite a bit of weight. And her hair is in a softer style so that helps de-age her. 
I am on the episode after the dream one and whoa! first scene of Audra and Tucker with Tucker being all country gentleman turtleneck and plaid with a scarf hot as heck Let me fill you in Tucker. I needed a moment to regroup. Trevor just does that so well, these little moments. 
I also need to rewind and check out how high the slit really is on Audra’s skirt. She looks lovely. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Tucker being all country gentleman turtleneck and plaid with a scarf hot as heck Let me fill you in Tucker. I needed a moment to regroup. Trevor just does that so well, these little moments. 

There better NOT be a who killed Tucker story on the Horizen.

BTW I'm more inclined to believe Tucker about Paris--or maybe a bit more than he said...if he had blown up, breaking glass she throwing chairs, the management probably would have intervened.  And Ashley is looking kind of wacky these days, and she's always trying to find him. Holy run-on sentence Batman!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Victoria turned Cole into a vampire on the plane ride to Oregon, right?

Yeah, I don't get Cole's appearance either. He looks like a cokehead to me, and it just seems like there's more going on with him than meets the eye.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

I honestly think that’s just how Cole looks. It just struck me what a thin little family he and Claire and Victoria are. They probably could have sat in lawn chairs and caught a gentle breeze from Wisconsin to Oregon.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

BTW I'm more inclined to believe Tucker about Paris--or maybe a bit more than he said...if he had blown up, breaking glass she throwing chairs, the management probably would have intervened.  And Ashley is looking kind of wacky these days, and she's always trying to find him. Holy run-on sentence Batman!

I had the thought of What if this is Ashley gaslighting Tucker? Will she manipulate a breakdown in order to outfox him?

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I don't get Cole's appearance either. He looks like a cokehead to me, and it just seems like there's more going on with him than meets the eye.

More going on with Cole or the actor? 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2024 at 6:20 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

She also should have wolfed down a loaf of bread--that helps sop up the booze.  Oh course, I've only heard that one....

Lauren, what the hell were you wearing?

My dad swore by mashed potato's, conjecturing that potato plants are kind of poison so their roots were good at soaking up toxins. Daddy wasn't a doctor.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)

Okay now on the episode where Sharon is wearing that fantastic brown cream pleated tie dyed dress with a pleather jacket a d I can’t focus on anything but her damn neck. What is going on with her? Gah! Her face looks different than when in the dream episode.  She is too darn young for this and I hate that women do this at any age. Gah!

Victoria and Cole scenes are ff for me. Don’t care about the recovery of Claire story just get to the part where Cole and Victoria leave the show and Claire and Audra take over Newman.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2024 at 7:25 PM, Waldo13 said:

Doesn’t  Sharon live on Victor’s Ranch Compound?

I don't think she was coming from her place on the Newman compound, I think she was coming from GC, so she would be driving on to the compound past the security gate.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

how different Sharon Case looks

Sharon Case is 52 years old and reappeared after a hiatus from the show looking about 25 years younger, and there's no way a 52-year-old is going to look like a 27-year-old without having had some work done - one way you can tell that she has had work done is that her neck still shows crepey skin when she holds her head at certain angles.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, crowsworks said:

Daddy wasn't a doctor.

According to the Mt. Sinai website, Solanine, which is very toxic even in small doses, is the poisonous substance that is found throughout the plant, and that only potatoes that are not green and have had any sprouts removed can safely be eaten - who knew that eating a potato could be life threatening!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He looks like a cokehead to me

They recently had a 30-year Victoria and Cole flashback on the show, and I have to say that the young J. Eddie Peck was kind of a cutie, but he's 65-years-old now, and while some age well, others, like me, just look old, and I think that's what's going on with J. Eddie.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)

More going on with Cole or the actor? 

Cole.

I have this whole alternative storyline written in my head where Cole's been running a long con with Claire's help, to get money out of Victoria/the Newmans. It was interesting to me that he was the one who flew alone back to OR to get a hairbrush of Claire's to secretly test her DNA. He was the one who had the DNA test run, and the results were sent directly to his cell. He showed the phone's screen to Victoria and she immediately accepted what she saw. None of his actions have been confirmed by Victoria and I think there's room for it all to be a con.

Absolutely not.

I wish though that they'd give Tucker more to do than keep butting his head against the Abbott/Jabot fortress and pining after crazypants Ashley. Why is he not allowed to deal with the Newmans? Audra is right there at Newman Media but all she's talked about lately is taking over Jabot. Meh. (I do think Tucker should leave C/W alone though. That's his grandson's legacy, along with Moses, Mattie, Charlie, and Jill's heirs.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Don’t care about the recovery of Claire story just get to the part where Cole and Victoria leave the show and Claire and Audra take over Newman.

Ngl I would fast forward that too 😭😂

I know mileage varies but, I don't care about a long lost Newman kid adult and having her win that big 5 whole minutes after she got here would probably drive me nuts. Claire's existence is honestly infuriating because if JG wanted a new Newman that badly, then he could've and should've left Adam & Sally's baby alone. Not that I like them as a couple anymore but I could probably endure them being co-parents. Also Victoria already has a daughter that's also an Abbott. As tired as that angle might be, I'd take it over whatever the hell JG is gonna do with Claire. 

37 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is he not allowed to deal with the Newmans? Audra is right there at Newman Media but all she's talked about lately is taking over Jabot. Meh.

Because no one is allowed to step to Victor Newman. Not even his own children that he abuses(especially if that child is Adam). But even still, I don't know why Jack and his family have to be precived as easier targets. Kyle & Billy aren't much to be scared of sure. But I would think Jack & Ashley would've earned their stripes for going toe to toe with the Newmans for decades & still standing for the most part by now. If Victor isn't sweating someone like Tucker, then Jack shouldn't be either imo 

• Like 6
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I have this whole alternative storyline written in my head

You should be writing this show.  It would be a lot more fun to see how Cole turns into a baddie than seeing him be all weepy about the missed parenting.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

have this whole alternative storyline written in my head where Cole's been running a long con with Claire's help, to get money out of Victoria/the Newmans. It was interesting to me that he was the one who flew alone back to OR to get a hairbrush of Claire's to secretly test her DNA. He was the one who had the DNA test run, and the results were sent directly to his cell. He showed the phone's screen to Victoria and she immediately accepted what she saw. None of his actions have been confirmed by Victoria and I think there's room for it all to be a co

I absolutely LOVE this scenario.

• Like 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I honestly think that’s just how Cole looks. It just struck me what a thin little family he and Claire and Victoria are. They probably could have sat in lawn chairs and caught a gentle breeze from Wisconsin to Oregon.

Ever see the Aussie movie "Danny Deckchair"?  Stars Miranda Otto & Rhys Ifans.   2003 · 1 hr 40 mins · Comedy/Romance/Drama

Hilarious! Loved that crazy movie.

Your comment so reminded me of that film.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Still strange things going on here. I can barely post

If you are open to me dm’ing here I might have some suggestions. There is also a mod note in the small talk thread about where to get help with the site being glitchy.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

thanks Stewed Squash. I use a kindle fire if that makes any difference. I am open to suggestions and will read the mod note. Today it seems to be working well for me.  Now I forget what I wanted to say about the show.

Instead of rewriting history why couldn't they bring back Reed and or soras her other kids whom she hasn't shown interest in.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Maybe they could stop adding Newmans. Who looks at the ones we have and orders another batch of those assholes? If you have to add to existing families, there’s always Abbotts, Winters, Chancellors… Enough already with the Newmans.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

They'll probably just send Claire off to work with whatshername, Jack's granddaughter. We had a big build up for her, then they shipped her off and stuck us with haggard old head-on-a-stick Mulva. That being said, I don't think they're going to keep Barbara around. Which is a shame and a waste of talent. In fact, I'm surprised she even made another appearance. But when it comes to Claire, I can't allow myself to even hope that they'll keep my favorite Abby.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It's a simple fact that Sharinsane has a great body, and it's a shame about what she's done to her face, but that dress... was she dressed as a half-wrapped mummy or a sfogliatella? And haven't we seen that dress before? Joi, Tough Cookie, you guys are good with the dresses, didn't she wear it before, or did someone else wear it, like a year ago?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)

What a dull episode. Sharon is very boring these days. That dress looks ridiculous but even more so in January. I didn’t like Chelsea’s red glitter or Abby’s  foil looking dresses either. 
Phyllis and Summer are desperate as ever. One is chasing Danny Romalotti and the other is chasing Chance. I don’t care how handsome he is, Chance looks like a damn fool grinning at that pig falling all over him.  Danny is also an idiot for being so kind to the trash box that deceived him more than once and ran down the love of his life in a car like the chickenshit psychotic, repeating, bare shouldered, big toothed grinning asshole she is.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 3

Huh, I thought the battle at C/W was going to be Devon vs. Nate but it looks like maybe it'll be Devon vs. Billy instead. Okay. 🤔

Why was Chelsea wearing a bright red dress to a mid-January event? Did she read the calendar wrong and think it was February 14? Perhaps it was something she had left over from the December festivities.

Meanwhile, Diane definitely likes that shiny, bodycon, asymmetrical bodice look. Seems like she has a closet full of those dresses. Stick with what works, I guess.

What a potentially awkward moment between Sally, Adam, Sharon, and Nick. Both women have slept with both men. Now all they need is for Sharon and Sally to take a walk on the wild side together, tee hee. ✂️✂️

Oh Jack. Since when is sending a digital invitation a technological feat? Isn't it basically an email with a calendar invite embedded? He is such an old fogey. Jackie's probably still amazed by cell phone cameras.

Sharon and Chance must not have changed their relationship status on FacePlace, lol. Both Summer and Abby expected Chance to be at Sharon's event.

Phyllis, Summer may have been born of love but she was conceived of adultery. Shut up. You have no moral high ground when it comes to romantic entanglements, and Summer knows it.

I don't know how Devon manages to walk or sit down with that sanctimonious stick up his bum. He's glad Tucker is staying away from Dom yet he also seemed slightly disappointed when we was talking to Abby about it. 🙄

Sharon named her relaunched company after long-departed Cassie, and dedicated a chunk of its profits to fighting underaged drinking. Hmmm, no wonder Daniel wasn't there. Bad memories of his youthful drinking which led to Cassie's death.

Sigh, Christine really needs to stop engaging with Phyllis. No matter what she says or how she acts, Phyllis will take it as provocation.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

haven't we seen that dress before? Joi, Tough Cookie, you guys are good with the dresses, didn't she wear it before, or did someone else wear it, like a year ago?

I dunno, it didn't ping as a repeat to me. Seemed more like Audra or Summer would wear, although probably in a different color. There was a lot going on with the fabric texture and the ruching. I'll be curious to see if Worn on TV posts the dress.

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What a dull episode. Sharon is very boring these days. That dress looks ridiculous but even more so in January. I didn’t like Chelsea’s red glitter or Abby’s  foil looking dresses either. 
Phyllis and Summer are desperate as ever. One is chasing Danny Romalotti and the other is chasing Chance. I don’t care how handsome he is, Chance looks like a damn fool grinning at that pig falling all over him.  Danny is also an idiot for being so kind to the trash box that deceived him more than once and ran down the love of his life in a car like the chickenshit psychotic, repeating, bare shouldered, big toothed grinning asshole she is.

Whee! Don't be shy, Chatty Cake, tell us what you really think! I think smoke started coming out of my tablet when I read your post, lol.

• LOL 13

Chelsea looks awful in trying to channel her inner Breathless Mahoney.  Don’t like Abby’s dress but she can pull off that look. As usual Sharon looks washed out.  

A friendly chat between Sally and Sharon but in their inner mind they are sizing up who’s better in bed since they both had Banana Breath🦍🦍🦍🦍 and Adam.  By the way, I really like Sally’s hair. 

BlueFang🕷️just can’t help herself from continuing a conversation after Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ tells her to stop.  Every time there is negativity, BlueFang🕷️ doesn’t take responsibility for her actions and acts very indignant for what actions she has taken. 

That’s a good name change but I never heard Cassie being referred to as Cassidy.  Is that her given name?  

Christine, you are such an idiot in telling BlueFang🕷️ that you and Danny are going away for the weekend. When it comes to BlueFang🕷️ it would have uncontrollable consequences as BlueFang🕷️ is addicted to chaos. Unlike Nikki’s addiction, there are no support groups for BlueFang🕷️ addiction. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

If you have to add to existing families, there’s always Abbotts,

We need more Abbotts in case the Newmans need more body parts.

The Danny/Christine/Phyllis storyline repeat is dumb. It was OK in our younger days, but now we're AARP and the ladies should just discuss mood swings and menopause. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 18
9 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I never heard Cassie being referred to as Cassidy.

I can't find any Y&R site that doesn't list her as Cassie, with no mention of it being short for Cassidy.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I remember when she first came on and her name was called Cassidy a few times but Alice referred to her as Cassie most of the time. I’ve attached her Wikipedia page info 

4D48E043-85C3-4564-86F1-1B5F59DAB0D5.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, pvandal said:

I’ve attached her Wikipedia page info

Thank you, pvandal, I just checked out the Wiki In-universe info on the Sharon Newman page, I didn't check it out on the Cassie Newman page, which is also what I did with the other Y&R sites I checked.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Christine, you are such an idiot in telling BlueFang🕷️ that you and Danny are going away for the weekend.

Guess who's going to trick Danny into walking out of the cabin, which will then explode with Christine still inside.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Phyllis will take it as provocation.

Christine rubbing Phyllis' nose in her romance with Danny, hence the look of triumph on her face when she walked into Society and saw Phyllis sitting alone at one of the tables.

Just now, Js Nana said:

Christine rubbing Phyllis' nose in her romance with Danny, hence the look of triumph on her face when she walked into Society and saw Phyllis sitting alone at one of the tables.

SB: "Christine can't resist rubbing Phyllis' nose in her romance with Danny"

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Guess who's going to trick Danny into walking out of the cabin, which will then explode with Christine still inside.

BlueFang🕷️ will be taking a page out of Chloe playbook.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

Whatever DO these corporations/companies DO ?? Produce/create/donate/ build ?? Music/habitats/oil rigs/ college scholarships/business mentorships ??

Diane = Nice monotone outfit, matched her hair, had 2 sleeves.

Sharon = Unfortunate. Butt-Belly-Side-Pugly. Mummy Inspired.

Chelsea = Crispy Candy Apple, perhaps out of season.

Abby = NOW I know where my Christmas tinsel went !!

Summer = wearing the upholstery for my Victorian love seat.

Phyllis = Oddly conservative, good color for her, two sleeves, no crotch slit.

Sally = what feline died to give it's pelt for your outfit ?? Lookin' good. Hair ?? Nah.

Mariah/Songbird/Christine...Nun black, shadows, hiding behind folders, works well.

BTW..where have all the children gone...long time passing...Reid-Vickie's 2 (so seldom mentioned that I don't remember their names] ... Dom...Lily's twins ?? ...Chelsea's son, Ugly Toe & Nick's /Adam's child, Faith & Moses , newly reintroduced Sheila's grand daughter Lucy. Sorry if the paternal lineages overlap...I wasn't in charge of paternity tests back then.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Christine, you are such an idiot in telling BlueFang🕷️ that you and Danny are going away for the weekend.

She really needs to get over the adolescent need to one-up Phylth.  And Danny is such a dumbfcuk that he will tell her where they are going AND the cabin number.  Could another human popsicle be in the making?

15 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

What exactly will Cassidy do business-wise, anyway?

First Technology will include, but not be limited to, drawing on cave walls with a burnt stick, writing in clay and programming a Blackberry.

• LOL 13
(edited)

1 hour ago, MollyB said:

She really needs to get over the adolescent need to one-up Phylth.  And Danny is such a dumbfcuk that he will tell her where they are going AND the cabin number.  Could another human popsicle be in the making?

First Technology will include, but not be limited to, drawing on cave walls with a burnt stick, writing in clay and programming a Blackberry.

Extra credit for ability to run a  printing press.

5 minutes ago, Unathletic Club said:

Edited by Unathletic Club
I do not know ho to quote properly.
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 5

Is it common for an AA sponsor to be of the opposite sex?

I don't know. For some reason I thought they were usually of the same sex to prevent entanglements when one is vulnerable.

And what is up with Seth? He was acting like he was faking it today when he yawned and when he said he was on his way to a meeting.

• Like 7
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Bunnyto4 said:

Please, Bluetooth Ginger Spice-put your tits away. I'm begging you. 

Now, don't be too hard on Phyllis.  I doubt she can reach them anymore.

She better not use her roomba when she's naked because that sort of injury has gotta HURT.

• Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13

Daniel and Danny are Dumb and Dumber.
Daniel, tell your daughter that you know how to make these simple snacks that she has a sudden hankering for instead of encouraging her needy mommy to rush over to your place when you have a girlfriend. 

Good lord is there anything worse than a horny Phyllis? Pulling her 60 year old titties out in goddamn public. How dumb is Danny Romalotti? He rushes out to the jazz club because the Blue Tooth Horndog has to hear him sing right away?  His dumb ass deserves what he gets. I hope he chokes on those big ugly teeth of hers.

Chance has also turned into a bitch boy, letting Summer wine and dine him like he’s a damsel in distress. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Go get it, Summer. Winner take all that hotness.

What were Daniel and Danny yapping about? Pop rock isn't new. In fact, I'd argue that most music heard on the radio for the past 40 years or so has been pop rock.

Grandma Phyllis blowing up Danny's phone like a lovesick teenager. Chile, please.

Still not a fan of child Lucy being all up in grown folks business. Daniel is oblivious but IMO Heather should not be encouraging it.

Run away, Lauren. Nikki is pulling you into her drinking drama and that is not a place you really want to be. Leave her to her family.

Chance, you've been on the rebound before. Like Devo sang, 🎶Go forward. Move ahead.🎶 Stop talking about Sharon.

Okay, Red still has a bangin' body. I ain't mad at her. Pretty sure I heard a cocking sound coming from her pelvic area though. The cooch has been fully weaponized.

Nikki was propping Seth to Lauren as if he were a saint walking among mere mortals. Then like magic he showed up. Ears burning much, Seth?

OMG, Phyllis started exposing herself in public! And wait, what, she sent a live video to Christine? Giiiirrrrrlll. Not sure why she also sent it to Danny though.

Danny getting called out on his wannabe player games. Thumbs up. Just wish it was coming from someone other than Phyllis.

Oy, Seth seemed kinda buzzed. Good job, Nikki. You dragged your AA sponsor down too. 😐

Now would be a good time for Lily to return to GC without notice. I think Heather was hella shady declaring her love to Daniel in his girlfriend's absence. Hmm.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, Phyllis started exposing herself in public! And wait, what, she sent a live video to Christine? Giiiirrrrrlll. Not sure why she also sent it to Danny though.

I think she put it on social media. So internet users can join in the horror show.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

And how damn dumb is Danny anyway? He is a rock star who has been around the world yet his mouth is hanging open in shock at Phyllis flashing her flapjacks at him. He was into that mouth swallowing his head too, he pulled her in closer.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

Oh, my, my, my...Is it too late or too snowy to have InstaCart delivery some mind bleach ?? Three gallons, please.

One for watching Dummer, one for watching Phyllis, and one for watching that totally creepy Seth.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Can.not.get.that.awful.image.from.my.mind.  Not even seeing Chansome helped.

I don't know about Lauren's story re: alcohol, never heard of Ben.

The gala was just one big fashion NO, I think Chelsea looked like she was competing with Nikki for Most Awful Red Monstrosity Of the Year. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1