Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, Kemper said:

Please make all of the business musical chairs stop.

I can only imagine all the grunts at Newman Enterprises and Jabot laying bets as to which nepotic choice is going to be the boss this week.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, nasir jones said:

It was so ridiculous that I honestly thought that the show should be cancelled after that nonsense. 

In the beginning, when TV soaps were 15 minutes long and were shown live, you would occasionally see an actor have to walk so close to one of those huge floor model cameras on wheels to exit a scene that the shadow from the camera would fall across them.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

The old guy is Victor's cousin Vance filming what is going in Genoa City.

Just riffing here: What if Jack Abbott and Victor Newman are actually patients in a Genoa City mental health facility who suffer from the same delusion, that they are the CEOs of corporations based in GC, and they have been part of an on-going documentary that shows their mental processing of storylines that have been suggested to them over the past 40+ years by the film makers?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

First Ashley. and now Billy have been sidelined, am I the only one who wonders if this is the result of Diane's skilled manipulation of events in her plot to create a power-couple to run Jabot and create a family dynasty that will run through her son and his descendants?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I can only imagine all the grunts at Newman Enterprises and Jabot laying bets as to which nepotic choice is going to be the boss this week.

Yeah, can you imagine being a CEO or an executive from any corporation, outside of the Newman wheelhouse, and trying to figure out on a daily basis who to call to conduct business with at Newman or Jabot? This "Wheel of Corporate Mis fortune" would end most companies if vendors and customers knew how erratic their management is. So, is the great plot writer (not) JG going to let the great obsessions of Nikki, Phyllis, and Ashley versus the "Damsel in Distress Diane", just wither on the vine now?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2023 at 1:11 AM, boes said:

I

OK  I just have to rant here re: The complete and continual glossing over Predator Vikki who shamelessly carries on an affair with a co-worker.A aside that she has absolutely NO way he {Nate} should have not been in such a spot {even tho he relishes in his "power'} If things go south NE could find itself in a really nasty work place lawsuit. But Victor will wave his magic wand and somehow that mess will go away, with out it becoming  scandal.  And Nikki  trying to threaten Audra siting on her high horse with a pole stuck up her ass was totally out of line.

It really pisses me off--the office thing. Many years before I went in to teaching I worked corporate. I was verbally harassed, told me he would like to put a mirror right under my dress,asked if I use tampons, called me many time at all hours of the night -- no phone ID at the time, felt free to touch me. When I went to my superior it was: we'll take care of it {wink wink} This went on for a while until I took another job within the firm.

So I am calling out the writers,producers et.al for turning what many,MANY women who were verbally/physically harassed in the past, the strides we have taken so women don't be subjected to this really half ass story line. I guess we haven't made strides we thought we made. SO FUCK PRODUCERS. shame on you.

Yes I could have left the firm, but I was living in NYC. going thru a nasty divorce, had a Manhattan apartment; and I needed the money. It makes me sad that in the producers haven't -taken themselves out of the "50s" culture"

Sorry for the rant, this story line [no wait, it is  Nikki  so it makes it's totes -OK} stirs up  my resentment of my past experiences. No, it makes me rage-y

Rant over!  Let's get back to the snark!

Sorry if this post is a bit scattered. My morning cup of tea is sitting to my right and the caffeine hasn't kicked in.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 11

^totally agree with you Cookie. When I think back to things we woman were.subjected to, it is really unbelievable. But on Y and R it is entertainment.

BTW, Nick looked like total shit yesterday between the haircut and the man boobs. And his back view showed a roll of fat on his scalp.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

It would be great if Jack and Diane could stop acting like Kyle is smoking crack behind Rexx Rugs with a gang of serial killing hobo clowns instead of just enjoying a Summer-free life. I felt like I was taking crazy pills listening to them lecture Kid Pomp about the dark path he’s been going down by kicking his asshole habit.

Bouffant Boy, on the other hand, is sporting a great deal of unearned arrogance. He’s not fit to hold Smiling Jack’s jock. I love how he always wants someone shitcanned at Jabot to soothe his feelings. First Adam, then Buttbiscuit. While Billy definitely deserves a pink slip shoved up his panpipes, Kyle’s Little Lord Fuckleroy act takes a bit of the joy out of it. Isn’t it great, though, that JG is recycling Ashley’s scripts for the past few months and putting Billy’s name on them? 

Nick remains annoying AF. Did Sharon ask you to fight her battles for her? Did anyone ask a potato with moobs to provide psychoanalysis of Adam? No? Shut the fuck up. He’s a judgmental ass, just like his mother.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Js Nana said:

If the grunts even have any time to make book since they are probably the ones doing any real work and keeping the company running.  The 'executives' spend their time canoodling or meeting in the park or drinking in one of the three bars or visiting Victurd-where would they find the time to actually work?

And speaking of being boss:  I assume Kirsten is a real company and has been for a while.  Since Cameron spent a lot of time in jail, who was taking care of the business?  Wouldn't the current CEO of Kirsten have a few words for Sharon about the company's future?  Shouldn't she be working with that person instead of trying to wrangle the Neanderthal and his brother?

• Like 10
  • Applause 7

So I am calling out the writers,producers et.al for turning what many,MANY women who were verbally/physically harassed in the past, the strides we have taken so women don't be subjected to this really half ass story line. I guess we haven't made strides we thought we made. SO FUCK PRODUCERS. shame on you.

Absolutely.

Remember back in 2018 when the top guy at CBS, Les Moonves, was forced to resign because of allegations of sexual harassment, sexual assault and abuse? I think that was only the tip of the iceberg and that there is a continuing pervasive corporate environment at CBS which sees such treatment of women (and sometimes men) as acceptable.

The excrement flows downhill from the C-suite as both CBS daytime soaps present storylines which treat these workplace issues as if either they don't exist or if they do they're not a real problem. Because everyone knows women are whores and should be at home being housewives instead of taking men's jobs. 😒 It's sad to say the least, IMO.

• Sad 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

think that was only the tip of the iceberg and that there is a continuing pervasive corporate environment at CBS which sees such treatment of women (and sometimes men) as acceptable.

The truly ironic thing in my case was...IT WAS A LAW FIRM!

• Mind Blown 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 4
  • Wink 1

So yesterday I happened to catch an episode of Seinfeld which featured the return of Mulva. (Mulva was character played by Susan Walters aka Diane Jenkins.) I guess I didn't remember much about it because this time I was surprised to see Mulva with bright blonde hair versus the dishwater color she had in her initial appearance:

mulva.jpg.d7b203513427b621199a772550b31799.jpg
Seeing SW as a bottle blonde got me thinking: maybe Diane should lighten her hair so she looks more like Ashley, Traci, and Abby. Yeah, that's the ticket! Then they'll love her! 🤡

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11
14 hours ago, MollyB said:

Wouldn't the current CEO of Kirsten have a few words for Sharon about the company's future?  Shouldn't she be working with that person instead of trying to wrangle the Neanderthal and his brother?

Brava, MollyB, brava.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The comment being replied to here is not mine. Misquoting error:

You are quite right, Joimiaroxeu, and I apologize for the unintentional error - it's just that when I want to quote someone, I highlight what I want to quote and hit the Quote Selection box that appears, which causes a heading with the identifying information for the author and a time stamp for when it was posted to be included with the quote, while I assume that you highlight what you wish to quote and hit the Quote icon, which does not include that information.

On 9/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, Kemper said:

I don’t think Sharon C has always been this bad. 

Yeah, she has. The only difference is now she is no longer able to do her "deer in the headlights" facial expression, which was her only "acting" ability.

On 9/6/2023 at 7:25 PM, One Tough Cookie said:

Audra was wearing the white one.  I guess the black one was at the cleaners.

Maybe it was at the cleaners, maybe Nick was wearing it, we'll never know.

17 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The excrement flows downhill from the C-suite as both CBS daytime soaps present storylines which treat these workplace issues as if either they don't exist or if they do they're not a real problem. Because everyone knows women are whores and should be at home being housewives instead of taking men's jobs. 😒 It's sad to say the least, IMO.

Since JG took over, not only that but this show has made all of the women into bitches.

• Like 12

Since JG took over, not only that but this show has made all of the women into bitches.

Yep. Given the trash behavior of most of the men on this show though, that might not always be a bad thing, lol. Whatever, JG seems to be creating a lot of storylines, scenes, and dialogue based on characters just being awful people doing and saying awful things. I think he's lost the balanced approach Bill Bell had and his methods are helping to drive viewers away. The audience expects Y&R to be a daytime drama, not a reality TV show.

while I assume that you highlight what you wish to quote and hit the Quote icon, which does not include that information.

And that assumption would be another error. I'd simply appreciate not having other posters' comments misattributed to me, regardless of how I manage to avoid doing it to others' comments.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

I agree about many of the female characters being made to look like Bitches. But the other side of the coin is that they are being made into victims. Of Nicki, Victor, Nick, etc.  They must spin and twirl around most of the male characters and the worst, outdated writing and storylines ever presented on soaps. Another birth control fail is probably in the works. 

Boy, that felt good. Another mimosa, please.

Edited by Kemper
  • Like 3
  • Love 9

I think the reason why the show can get away with the unbelievable representation of US business practices is because it broadcasts in countries where the viewers may actually believe that's how US businesses operate.

Did anyone notice EB's "beer belly" and untucked in shirt in the scene with Sharon and Heather?

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Fools! Judgmental fools! The cameraman who appeared on camera is a character on the show. He is Skip Picnic, documentary filmmaker. His job is to create the definitive life story of Victor Newman, from a prophecy in the Necronomicon whispered into existence by a demon to the mumbling industrialist of today. How does a man go from timeless, vampiric entity to having his most mundane moments recorded by some schmuck plopped into his living room? Your guess is as good as mine.

90% of the biopic will be various retellings of the orphanage story. A few minutes are carved out to highlight the Abbot family’s secret identity as vampire hunters and their inability to purge the mortal realm of mustached malevolence. Victor Newman isn’t just a hunted abomination; he’s also a family man, father to a wraith, sasquatch and two other ones. Eons of passion preceded his domestic phase, including torrid affairs with queens, saints and warrior women (and possibly mermaids, succubi, Medusa and some kind of fucked up half-unicorn centaur). The documentary will be rated V(omit).

The final 45 minutes are reserved for a Newman Media infomercial, because the public clearly wants more Newman Media content. Interview With a Grampire: The Life and Legacy of Victor Newman will be shown exclusively on Newman Media’s streaming platform. Newman Media! For all your Newman Media needs.

• Like 1
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 9
55 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Fools! Judgmental fools! The cameraman who appeared on camera is a character on the show. He is Skip Picnic, documentary filmmaker. His job is to create the definitive life story of Victor Newman, from a prophecy in the Necronomicon whispered into existence by a demon to the mumbling industrialist of today. How does a man go from timeless, vampiric entity to having his most mundane moments recorded by some schmuck plopped into his living room? Your guess is as good as mine.

90% of the biopic will be various retellings of the orphanage story. A few minutes are carved out to highlight the Abbot family’s secret identity as vampire hunters and their inability to purge the mortal realm of mustached malevolence. Victor Newman isn’t just a hunted abomination; he’s also a family man, father to a wraith, sasquatch and two other ones. Eons of passion preceded his domestic phase, including torrid affairs with queens, saints and warrior women (and possibly mermaids, succubi, Medusa and some kind of fucked up half-unicorn centaur). The documentary will be rated V(omit).

The final 45 minutes are reserved for a Newman Media infomercial, because the public clearly wants more Newman Media content. Interview With a Grampire: The Life and Legacy of Victor Newman will be shown exclusively on Newman Media’s streaming platform. Newman Media! For all your Newman Media needs.

*slow clap* That? Was a thing of beauty! My fav parts bolded!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

90% of the biopic will be various retellings of the orphanage story.

A few minutes are carved out to highlight the Abbot family’s secret identity as vampire hunters and their inability to purge the mortal realm of mustached malevolence.

Victor Newman isn’t just a hunted abomination; he’s also a family man, father to a wraith, sasquatch and two other ones.

OMFG. My three fave parts are bolded above. Inspired genius! Best. Post. Ever.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

The first 9 min of todays episode was preempted for a remembrance of a very solemn day. If I may take a few minutes to give you my #never forget. I watch, every lunchtime, for almost 2 years the WTC being built and in approximately 2hrs I watched the demise of both towers.  I’ve witness  the steel beams being trucked off to the land fill on Staten Island.  Even though I didn’t know personally anyone that died that day, I grieve for all the families that suffered the loss of a loved one and are still loosing to this day.  I grieve the loss of the WTC because I felt it to be a friend that I visited all those working day I watched its construction.  

No Victor, you didn’t do what was best for Adam. What you did was best for Groucho🥸🥸. You let Groucho🥸🥸 undermine Adam at every turn to placate her ego. Victor you gave Adam NM and then you sold it to NE. You gave NE to Adam when Groucho🥸🥸 was playing with Locke, then put Groucho🥸🥸 back in charge a few weeks later.  Victor Victor Victor, Adam has done more good and has far made up for his perceived darker side. The lives Adam has saved far out weights any evil he has done.  Et tu Banana Breath Adam has caused damaged to him and the people he cares about?  Fuck you Banana Breath, Adam could have cause a lot more damage to him by abandoning him in the basement of the farm house or letting Faith die in that car accident or not giving Faith a kidney. Oh I guess Banana Breath doesn’t know he saved Sharon from going to jail for arson. 

Can someone please tell me the difference between what Sally was already doing to establish a business and Banana Breath investing in a new business firm for Sally?  It looks like she just needs customers and not a fancy office with her name on the door.  

Victor’s true love is not Nikki but his true love is Groucho 🥸🥸 by not agreeing with Nikki for Smugly Smug Smug to step down to get Banana Breath back to NE. Maybe for the first time I actually appreciate Nikki. Not only does she have Smugly Smug Smug by the balls but she’s squeezing them.  Step down on your own volition to prove you are sincere.  So Smugly Smug Smug has nothing to worry about since Banana Breath is not coming back to NE?  I’m sure he still does. I’m also waiting to see if Banana Breath is going to receive any repercussions, from Victor, for his decision of not being a family team player. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, pvandal said:

Nick, I’m sure Adam is sorry he’s not the brother you’ve always wanted, but not everyone was raised by a vampire and an aging ex stripper.

To which Nikki would reply, nose in the air, throat bared for Grampire's afternoon tea, "But, darling, Everyone who MATTERS, was."

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Instead of being so fascinated by the continued closeness of her boyfriend and his ex-wife, I thought Sally should've been mystified by whatever was going on with Sharon's face. It looked swollen and painful. 🙀

Victoria in white pants and top after Labor Day. Fashion heresy!  

Nick always has to be the corporate hall monitor. If it isn't his responsibility to keep an eye on Adam then it's his job to watch what Nate's up to. Ehhh. He should listen to Sharon and break free of NE.

Those throw pillows on Adam's couch looked horribly cheap to me. One of them was like half pleather and half felt. His decorator must've shopped at a big box store. NTTAWWT but Adam is a multimillionaire and can afford better.

Calm down, Mariah. Let Aria hang out with her play cousin Dominic and she'll be fine. Dominic has the Chancellor Estate on lock.

Nick said he has a financial team. Okay.

Witch on wheels Nikki started revving her engines again and taking aim at Nate. Right to his face and in front of Victoria. Whee!

Heh, it was funny to see Sharon in that flashback with her old, less narrow nose.

Nate is shady but I don't know why he should quit his new job as co-COO. He hasn't really done anything wrong, yet. Nikki was aggressively overstepping today, IMO.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I watched a bit of today’s show with Mariah and Sharon sitting on the sofa in the Chancellor “Mansion”. The difference in the acting abilities of these women was astounding. Sharon-nasal, Cal girl, no inflection voice is beyond annoying. I realize that she’s a legacy character but holy cow, people. Let her go!!!!

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Those throw pillows on Adam's couch looked horribly cheap to me. One of them was like half pleather and half felt. His decorator must've shopped at a big box store. NTTAWWT but Adam is a multimillionaire and can afford better.

I've got the same feeling about the pillows on the couch at the Chancellor Flop House.  The whole look of Kay's old living room gives off Ross Dress for Less Bargain Basement vibes.  Those metal chairs by the windows, that utter knick-knacky crap on the bookshelves, that ladder, etc.  The Athletic Club hotel room is classier than Kay's house these days.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick said he has a financial team. Okay.

The accounting team of Häagen and Dazs.

Adam, Nate, and Kyle should get together and write a screenplay about Strippi named, “Throw Momma From the Train”. My goodness, Strippi is reaching unwatchable heights in shrewery.

Sally fixing herself up for Adam? Not surprising after Nick stuck his foot/entire leg in his mouth.

• LOL 16

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I thought my boyfriend walked on water, but now I suspect he lurches through a diarrheal lagoon. He was incredibly rude and insensitive today, first engaging with his ex while completely ignoring me. Then he doubled down on the dick moves by implying it was karma that his brother lost a child. That child also happened to be mine. I felt the scales fall from my eyes, and the first thing I saw? Man titties. When he realized I was not pleased, he kept saying even dumber shit before asking to change the subject. For an added bonus, he told me how I should and should not feel about my ex. Later, there was a knock at my door. When I looked through the peephole and saw my ex, I found myself fixing my hair. Is my current relationship doomed?

Signed;

Putting the Ex in Sex

Dear Sex;

I hate to be crude, but DUH!!! I don’t know how you stand the feeling of your boyfriend’s jigglypuffs chafing your nips. Gross. I, of course, have never suffered the indignity of dude udders thanks to my nightly regimen of wearing restraining gear to maintain a concave chest. As for his boorish manners, sometimes the best way to correct a person is a quick, efficient punch to the nuggets. To make this more about me, I have given my brother enough shit to fertilize every inch of land on earth. In fact, I’m plotting to fuck him over as I type this. No matter how many times I insult, betray and abuse my bro, he’s never thrown my dead daughter in my face. The thought would never cross his mind, let alone the words ever crossing his lips. I can 1000% guarantee my brother has suffered more because of me than your boyfriend has due to his brother. God I’m a dick.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I never imagined I’d be writing in to a piping hot rectal roll for advice, but life is an adventure, right! My daughter is still a baby and we’ve just discovered she has profound hearing loss. I subsequently came down with profound chill loss. All I can do lately is lament my daughter’s condition, proclaim her doomed to a miserable life and cry to my mother. I even up and moved in with my dear friends because one of them experienced something similar to my daughter’s ordeal. My wife and I basically have nothing else going on in our lives. Occasionally, we get together with my mother and have a strong woman circle jerk until someone throws up from all the cloying bullshit. How can we get more interesting storylines? I can’t listen to many more of my mom’s platitudes.

Signed;

My Life is a Dial Tone

Dear Dial Tone;

Whoa whoa whoa. Don’t knock the platitudes, friend! They are my bread and butter, a truly efficient way to deposit a pearl of wisdom into a conversation you haven’t been listening to. People will eat that shit up with a spoon, especially if you’re regurgitating greeting card banalities with an ironic, jaunty flair. If you’ve been a self-destructive disaster for years, somehow that makes the bromides all the sweeter. But I suppose you didn’t email me to get advice on how to manipulate people or cleverly pretend to give the slightest fuck about others. As a front burner studmuffin from way back, I can’t tell you there’s a magic formula for getting primo stories. Personally, I’d love scenes of my family blowing sunshine up my nethers. I’m sure your daughter’s condition will be treated with the same sensitivity and respect as Sharon’s bipolar disorder or Chelsea’s suicide attempt. Things could always be worse. You could be wearing a chipmunk head, killing nazis with your thighs or loudly chewing gum to signify a psychotic break. It is what it is. See? Cliches rule, thinking drools.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I’m going to be right up front with you. I am a highly ambitious, painfully sexy, smug son of a bitch. I rock a suit like a boss and my business deals make it rain all over the place. I’m a force of nature, tbh. As off putting as my arrogance and swagger are, there’s something worse out there, lurking on the corporate ladder. The wife of the owner works at my company, and she is as rigid and cold as a polar bear’s pea shooter on Pluto. A non-stop stream of insults, insinuations and threats pour from her mouth like a douchebag dam burst. Today, she asked (demanded!) that I resign so that her B-cup baby boy would come back to work. Isn’t nepotism supposed to be a bad thing? This dude has worked here before and spent 7 hours a day playing spank solitaire on the computer, and yes, that is exactly what you think it is. The other hour was used to hit other people’s desks and spell BOOBIES on their calculators. I may be a first class wanker, but my work is solid. Fortunately, the big cheese didn’t go for my dismissal, and the CEO really appreciates my bottom line. I feel like maybe I should consult a lawyer? WWBBD? What Would ButtBiscuit Do?

Signed;

Eat Shit Nikki Newman

Dear Eat Shit;

I’ve been getting A LOT of letters about this person lately, and there’s not a kind word to be had in any of them. Did anyone order a bride of Dracula Pez dispenser that doles out little rectangles of arsenic and cruelty? No, motherfucker, they did not. Public Service Announcement: Nikki Newman is not the empress of the universe or even Genoa City. Her reign as Queen Shit of Turd Mountain is currently (and ironically!) clogging up the court system. Now, I think nepotism is just fabulous and I’ve milked it for all it’s worth. When such a great concept is used to hand posh jobs to free balling fart miners, I draw the line and so should you. Be smart about it - write everything down, especially detailed descriptions of desktop dick dancing with your boss. Send it to me and I’ll pass it on to my elite legal team of Me, Myself, and I, attorneys-at-law. As someone who is also dealing with a corporate snake in the grass, I wish you good luck. 

• Fire 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

If Mariah ever emerges from her pity party, here are a couple of parents of deaf children resources she might like to look into:

1. The Wisconsin chapter of Hands and Voices, a parent group that has resources for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.

2. Parents Reaching Out (Children's Wisconsin), puts parents in contact with other parents who have children with hearing loss.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1

One thing I like about this blog is that I can write "shit" "piss" "fuck" etc. in my comments without being censored - in other blogs, if your comment concerns a man named "Dick," you get a notice that your comment can't be posted.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7

Is Sharon on drugs? Her delivery in the past several months seems so...sedated and weird; very Stepford Wife. At first, I thought she was trying to play Young and Sexy with a noticeably younger Chance (that's when I first noticed it), but now I realize she's doing this in every scene with any character. 

• Like 10
9 hours ago, nasir jones said:

Strippi is reaching unwatchable heights in shrewery.

and could we get something done on the hair?  It looks as if it was styled at a  slumber party by drunk mean girls.

• LOL 13

Yes, Phyllis, you are trying too hard. The surprise would be if you weren't. Sheesh, the ego on this woman.

Was that Save the Date card Jack showed Diane huge or what? Maybe he figures most of the potential guests are so old they need stuff printed in a gigantic font.

Apparently Summer's divorce doesn't fit into the perfect fantasy world Phyllis has tried to create for herself since she returned from the dead and escaped a prison sentence. Aw.

Sad Tucker is not a fun Tucker. I want fun Tucker back. 🤨

So Heather wants to stay in GC, she's using Lucy to work Daniel, and he's eating it up with a spoon. Hmm.

I liked Diane's dress and thought it was a great color for her. Not sure the cold shoulders were office-appropriate however. Especially for Jabot's Chief Talent Officer. 😏

Dang, Billy sure was schmoozing Diane and Jack. He must be hoping to give Diane a false sense of security, thereby causing her to tip her hand. I dunno, William, Diane has managed not to falter so far. If she is scheming on your family her eyes are staying on the prize and not her silly BIL.

Heather referring to Lucy as "our daughter" still irked me today. How does that work if she hasn't adopted Lucy, and Heather and Daniel have never been married to each other?

Hold up, Abbotts. Don't be out here trying to berate Audra about Ashley and Tucker. Audra handles Newmans on a daily basis so throwing back at y'all would be mere light work for her.

Lol, was Abby lurking in the park waiting for Diane to come through? Bet she wasn't expecting anything like the info Diane laid on her about Ashley and Tucker. I was kind of shocked Diane decided to be the one to deliver the news.

Trust your instincts, Jackie. Billy is definitely shining you on while he's plotting to stab you in the back for control of Jabot.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Heather appropriated  "motherhood by proxy" of Lucy the same way Summer (and everyone in GC) ignores the fact she is not Hairyson's, bio mom, and that Tara Locke has not had removed, or relinquished, her parental rights, to the best of my knowledge. Of course, with Heather being a lawyer, there is an expectation she would be a bit more savvy about this. More signs that JG doesn't know much about scriptwriting, or anything else, IMO.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

What’s wrong with this picture except for Taz🌪️ being an overbearing actor that always comes off a being phony. Yes you guessed it. Summer❄️x6 goes to Milan to buy fabric when now Marchetti is an American company.  Summer❄️x6 why couldn’t you buy American?  

I don’t trust Nostrils at all.  He has a pair of 3’s and trying to get Jack fold on a flush.  

All these twists and turns but non of which are not 🥱🥱🥱😴.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Where is the GCPD when you need them?

I live in Chester County  where for the last 13 days a convicted murderer escaped from prison and is on the loose. This guy is a really bad dude and yesterday he stole a rifle. I've been riveted watching the coverage. Right now they have 500 law enforcement,dogs,horses,armored vehicles,drones and helicopters looking for him.   Is there any way we can get Chance or bring back Paul William to find him?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Hugs 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Today I was checking Worn on TV for Audra's dress (🫤) and I discovered this:

ZyXYZXn.jpg

oQ1pzzo.jpg

Gotta give the show props for the continuity of AL's Summer wearing a robe previously worn by HK's Summer. Wonder if they've ever done that before with recast characters?

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

Where is the GCPD when you need them?

I live in Chester County  where for the last 13 days a convicted murderer escaped from prison and is on the loose. This guy is a really bad dude and yesterday he stole a rifle. I've been riveted watching the coverage. Right now they have 500 law enforcement,dogs,horses,armored vehicles,drones and helicopters looking for him.   Is there any way we can get Chance or bring back Paul William to find him?

Gosh, I'm glad you're able to joke about it because it sounds terrifying. I was reading a news item earlier about a man who walked into his kitchen and found the escaped prisoner helping himself to the family's food. It's hard to understand how this guy has been able to elude the massive efforts to catch him for this long. He's like a Marvel supervillain or something.

Since Chance is the only detective in the GCPD he's probably too busy to go help in the PA manhunt. And definitely forget Paul Williams. DD did an interview recently wherein he likely ended any possibility of being brought back--at least as long as Sony has anything to say about it. Holy moly, I never realized what a prima donna he is. (IMO, of course.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I was struck by several instances of errant good acting today.  When the anxious undertaker ButtBiscuit started trying to polish Diane and Jack's apples with his monotone monologue in the board room, Susan Walters looked sidways at Peter Bergman, raised one eyebrow and pursed her lips while Peter twitched his lips and did some subtle eyebrow magic of his own.  Those two pros know how to do more with half a glance than many can do with a whole scene.  Yeah, I mean YOU, Ms. Stafford.

Then, surprise-though-not-really, Allison Lanier did some fine acting as Summer as well.  I'm not really surprised because I remember how good I thought she was on Red Oaks, but today's Summer was crisp, direct and, I thought, well spoken and believable.  Ms. Stafford could use a tutorial from her Show daughter on how far some subtlety will go in improving a scene.  I think Daniel Graziadei pretty much always does a good job, and I think the woman playing Audra does as well.

So, yawn.....ButtBiscuit is trying to shine Jack and Diane on, and probably Tucker and Ashley at some point, as well.  And, I suspect Tucker and Ashley have staged this "trouble" between them to throw Jack and Diane and ButtBiscuit off the scent.  Though, to be fair, ButtBiscuit's usual stench always tends to overwhelm other smells anyway.

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Gosh, I'm glad you're able to joke about it because it sounds terrifying. I was reading a news item earlier about a man who walked into his kitchen and found the escaped prisoner helping himself to the family's food. It's hard to understand how this guy has been able to elude the massive efforts to catch him for this long. He's like a Marvel supervillain or something.

2 nights ago a guy was in his garage and the convict came in. Stole the guys rifle and the guy pulled out a handgun and shot at him 7 times but missed. He is slippery as hell. He did a crab walk between 2 prison walls to get out. Its unbelievable

UPDATE 10 MINUTES LATER: THEY JUST CAUGHT HIM!!!

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 9
15 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

why couldn’t you buy American?

Probably because American manufacturers don't produce that type of fabric - I mean, what's next, only wool from American sheep can be used for American men's suits?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2