Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Abishola must draw the line when Bob's ex-wife tries to maneuver her way back into Bob's life; Goodwin is concerned when Christina sets her romantic sights on Kofo.

Airdate: 04/06/2020

• Love 1

Same. It appears the episode has been moved to next week according to my PVR. I figure it's an issue with wanting to space out their remaining episodes due to the coronavirus, but I'm not sure. 

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Did this episode air? My DVR recorded a rerun.

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

My guide also listed a rerun but I saw the post for a new one here, so I recorded it. What's up with that?

Titan TV now shows this episode airing next week, but I think they had it originally scheduled for this week. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

Yay! This show is finally back! It was nice to see Dottie so protective of Bob at the start of the episode.

Christina acting like a psycho to Kofu with her changing tone was a great scene, my favorite part of the episode. 😄

I am curious to see if we will see Lorraine after this. If not then Abishola got rid of her easily.

• Love 4

"Did you eat your face?" or whatever that line was cracked me up as did the cake, lol. 

And Christina wanting to see Buttermilk, heh. 

I liked Kofu and his cousin on the beach. 

• Love 3

Bob's ex Lorraine sure looks a lot like Dottie in both appearance and mannerisms! Loved Abishola telling her it was time to go.

Christina is a bit cray-cray!  Kofo and Goodwin on the beach were great!

• Love 7

Awwwww.....  Cray-cray Christina was hilarious, but I was kind of liking her relationship with Kofo.  But only when it was a cute work-friendship, not a potential romance.  I wish they'd drawn it out longer, instead of going to straight bunny-boiler psycho.  It would have been amusing to see week by week, Kofo continuing to be confused by the mixed signals.  But....Goodwin is too practical so he would nip that progression in the bud.

I love how practical and matter-of-fact Abishola is.  She's willing to think the best of everyone, but once that line is crossed.....  "It is time for you to go now."

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

wwwww.....  Cray-cray Christina was hilarious, but I was kind of liking her relationship with Kofo.  But only when it was a cute work-friendship, not a potential romance.  I wish they'd drawn it out longer, instead of going to straight bunny-boiler psycho.  It would have been amusing to see week by week, Kofo continuing to be confused by the mixed signals.  But....Goodwin is too practical so he would nip that progression in the bud.

Yeah, they went way too far too quickly. 

Speaking of going too far, I liked how when the ex crossed the line, Abishola squashed it so quickly.  And effectively.

2 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

Why did they make Christina mentally unstable ? I was liking the relationship. Really pissed me off. Seemed like a very sudden turn. 😡

I think there were signs before, it was mentioned that she stabbed her ex husband (with a fork maybe?), and she does have very sudden mood swings when she is in a good mood and Bob says something that doesn't fit her current attitude.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Why did they make Christina mentally unstable ? I was liking the relationship. Really pissed me off. Seemed like a very sudden turn. 😡

This. Til now, they mostly indicated she was a ditz, but overall I found it not really funny, but kinda veering into creepy territory...

Why couldn't Kofu simply tell Christina he doesn't think it's a good idea to see one of the owners/bosses socially? (Because this is a sitcom, and open communication ends plots too quickly...)

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Why couldn't Kofu simply tell Christina he doesn't think it's a good idea to see one of the owners/bosses socially?

Because you don't tell Christina rara.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

I like the cousins being featured more, they crack me up. I actually really like the supporting cast in general - the twins have even grown on me. 

I don;t think Christina is long for this show but it's always nice to see Nicole Sullivan again, I don't think I've ever not liked her in anything I've seen her in. 

• Love 4

Who would have predicted that stoner bro is actually somewhat sober and competent at his job? Napping aside, he is saner than his sister and does seem to have at least some idea of what HR is about.

I really like Abishola. I also like that everyone agreed with her when she had had enough. I have to wonder what the hell was going on with Bob, though, that he was married to such a trainwreck. Was she always like that and he didn't notice? Or was he also at fault in the marriage, and... I dunno. I think we need more backstory than "wife cheated with his best friend and seems like a real basket case."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, possibilities said:

I have to wonder what the hell was going on with Bob, though, that he was married to such a trainwreck.

People often marry someone similar to a parent. Bob’s first wife is similar to both his mother and his sister. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Of course Abishola, who is always practical and straight forward, finally just handles Bobs ex, who is trying to move back into his life and is taking advantage of his general niceness, by straight up telling her to go away. That was awesome, always straight to the point that lady! Yeah Christina is very Dottie-esc, no wonder Dottie cant stand her! Well, that and cheating on her son with his best friend of course. Like she said in the last episode, there is no way for her to come off well in that story. 

Oh Christina, she and Kofu had a sort of cute thing going, but of course she has a real crazy Christina side to her that comes out. Didn't she once say she stabbed an ex with a fork? Goodwin sure did nip that one in the bud! And they got a vacation out of it, AND Christina gets to be reunited with her true love, Buttermilk! Everybody wins!

• Love 3

On a side note - was anyone able to get a good look at the photo of Mr. Wheeler in Dottie's office? I would swear it was just Billy Gardell with different colored hair, but totally forgot to go back and deleted the ep from my DVR.

• Love 2

My take on Abishola telling Lorraine to leave wasn't really appropriate. Abishola is a new person in Bob's life. They aren't in a 'deep long relationship' yet with each other. She still is standoffish with him at times. Abishola is also an employee in Bob or his mom's house. She is paid to take care of Bob's mother. Abishola really didn't have a right to tell Lorraine to leave someone else's home. It was not up to her even though she may not have liked the idea very much for Lorraine have dinner there. That's my take on it. I would never presume to ask someone to leave a home that was not mine.

4 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

…anyone able to get a good look at the photo of Mr. Wheeler in Dottie's office? …was just Billy Gardell with different colored hair[?]

That’s hilarious if it is! But wouldn’t they want to use it for a laugh if it is? Like maybe having Abishola ask Bob what his father looked like and then having him show her the picture with the camera zooming in on it? 
IDK. Maybe not. Maybe it would just be an on-set joke for the cast and crew. 
I have small-to-tiny screens, so maybe it is more visible to most. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I would never presume to ask someone to leave a home that was not mine

Sure. But if you or I were hired to see to the well being of someone in the home and a visitor was threatening that patient’s well being, we might tell the person to leave, right? Especially if no one else was going to do it. 

Edited by shapeshifter
11 hours ago, floridamom said:

My take on Abishola telling Lorraine to leave wasn't really appropriate. Abishola is a new person in Bob's life. They aren't in a 'deep long relationship' yet with each other. She still is standoffish with him at times. Abishola is also an employee in Bob or his mom's house. She is paid to take care of Bob's mother. Abishola really didn't have a right to tell Lorraine to leave someone else's home. It was not up to her even though she may not have liked the idea very much for Lorraine have dinner there. That's my take on it. I would never presume to ask someone to leave a home that was not mine.

I thought it was fine since Bob wanted Lorraine to leave and it was his house. Lorraine refused to take the hint, and only Abishola put it bluntly enough that Lorraine realized that they were not joking and she really wasn't wanted there.

• Love 2