Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: Hollywood Week - Genre Challenge

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

There's a lot of talent this year, and it all showed up finally in Hollywood. 

I can't even come up with a top 5, there are too many: Julia, Cyniah, Amber, Sophia, Dillon, Maggie May's boyfriend, Arthur, Francisco, Kimmy, Robert, Jovan, Louis, Just Sam. Probably forgot a few at that. Also many really good song choices, although I had to give Amber the evil eye for doing 'Rise Up'.

That yellow and white polka dot bouffant dress Katie had on was hideous.

• Love 8

Arthur Gunn yes Baby!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  !

So many of the auditions gave me MAJOR goosebumps.    I unabashedly LOVE Hollywood Week.  Every year I say the same thing.  Hollywood Week should be a month!  I lose interest after that.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

There's a lot of talent this year, and it all showed up finally in Hollywood. 

I can't even come up with a top 5, there are too many: Julia, Cyniah, Amber, Sophia, Dillon, Maggie May's boyfriend, Arthur, Francisco, Kimmy, Robert, Jovan, Louis, Just Sam. Probably forgot a few at that. Also many really good song choices, although I had to give Amber the evil eye for doing 'Rise Up'.

Tunefind.com is an amazing website to help us find the songs on the show.

https://www.tunefind.com/show/american-idol/season-18/96427

I liked Katy's outfit, but I'm weird like that 🙂

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Sad to see Gilberto not make it and the good-looking couple make it.

I thought Margie Mays was gonna go home. 

Hmmm...in his first audition, they didn't reveal the fact that Dillon James has already "made" it in Hollywood. Lifetime Movie star.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sempervivum said:

She looked like a clown.

I agree with the sentiment that there are a lot of really great people. I think I liked every single person they showed honestly. 

• Love 5

Just Sam did it for me. Amazing song choice, gut-wrenching delivery. I'd never heard the song before but I was crying by the time she was done. Now I'm listening to Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie on replay while I work. 

Jovin Webb is a favorite of mine, along with the blonde woman who sang Over You. So much talent - I really enjoyed everyone. We're going to have hard time paring down with this level of talent. 

• Love 5

I love Francisco. I liked him in his first audition and I still like him. Super talented, good looking, seems sweet and humble - I think he'll go far. Robert Taylor III, I think he is? Was very good, as was the bluesy guy with the blond dreads (eta: oh! That's Jovin!)

Of the women, I thought Julia Gargano was good, I like Sophia Wackerman, especially her speaking voice, but best of the night for me was the woman with long, blond, wavy hair whose name I can't remember. I think she wore a sunflower dress? Or pants? at her audition.  Her voice reminds me of Adele. It is NOT Hannah Prestridge. I think she sang soul. ETA: found her on AI Youtube! Shannon Gibbons.

Poor Doug the sanitation worker. He was so bad. In way over his head. I felt bad for him. 

Edited by librarianbeck
  • Love 2

That was not too bad.  I liked a lot of people who got through, except for the guy who oversang Natural Woman and a couple of the R&B women.  And I did really like Amber and Sophia Wackerman - I was very impressed with both their voices.  I also enjoyed Just Sam's voice, although the dumb name has to go.

On ‎03‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:48 PM, librarianbeck said:

Poor Doug the sanitation worker. He was so bad. In way over his head. I felt bad for him. 

Yeah, there might be some talent in there, but it was not on display in Hollywood.

• Love 1

This new format is very sensible. Hollywood week episode remain the best.

Do we know if live rounds will be delayed because of the pandemic or are they hoping it will be over by then? If I were pregnant Katy Perry I wouldn't be leaving home for anything!

19 hours ago, incandescent said:

Do we know if live rounds will be delayed because of the pandemic or are they hoping it will be over by then? If I were pregnant Katy Perry I wouldn't be leaving home for anything!

There's a post in the Media thread: right now everyone has been sent home to await further word.

I missed parts of this ep when it was new, & again tonight when it was a repeat. Does anyone know what happened to Courtney, the girl Ryan & the Judges put through without her being vetted by the producers/the other stuff you have to go through before you’re supposed to get to Ryan, Luke, Katy & Lionel?