Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Trap Heals

• Start Topic

The Coterie attends Trap Heals while facing tough decisions. Malika feels the weight of her family’s and Isaac’s anxiety. Callie deals with a moral dilemma. A confession blindsides Mariana. Davia worries about rocking the boat, and Dennis confronts his feelings.

Callie is the absolute worst.  I'd rather have Jamie on the show than her, but you know that's not how things are going to work 🙂

If the Marianna/Evan scene was real, they really need to not bang at the office.  With all the issues going on there it is absolutely the worst idea, like stupid enough that Callie could have suggested it.

4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

What happened with Dennis/Davia at the end?  My DVR cut off.

He told her he loved her and they started making out.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bybrandy said:

What happened with Dennis/Davia at the end?  My DVR cut off.

He said that whatever support group he’s in his therapist recommended him not getting in a relationship until I can trust his feelings but the hell with it and they kissed

4 hours ago, dmc said:

I mean Callie blew up her relationship with Jamie for a completely ridiculous reason.  

I'm not clear on how this made any sense (or maybe it didn't) in this particular instance, but I think they were not going to work out in the long run. We've got a "The Way we Were" situation where Jamie is all "people are more important than their principles" and Callie is pretty much in the "People ARE their principles" side of the argument. Also, I think Gael is a much better fit for where she is in her life right now. I find them cute together.

I'm still giddy that Dennis and Davia are FINALLY a thing. I wish the scene had been a bit longer, but I guess there wasn't much to say after he confessed to loving her, being advised to not trust his feelings, and immediately saying "I think that's BS". Short, to the point, and very much earned. Well done show.

Dear Marianna, if you are going to sleep with your boss, can you maybe not do it at your workplace? I mean, I get it, look at him, and he's all sweet and your bf is into your roomate, but at least find another location... 

I doubt Isabella actually slept with Raj and am not looking forward to how that's gonna playout... whatever.

I like Alice and her new love interest. Can they get rid of Sumi and Lindsay? They're really annoying.

• Love 6

Callie is not that into Jamie so Jamie is better off without her.  But, yeah, I don't have any problem with the bit where Callie's activism was always going to get in the way with her more conservative boyfriend.  That's on brand for Callie but somebody studying to be a lawyer (theoretically) making such an unethical decision about that case is so gross.  If she had ever bothered to study for and pass the bar that kind of activity would have her in serious trouble with the bar.   

Callie and Gael are yawn for me.  They don't challenge each other and Gael never feels like he's enough of a character to fit within the show if he's not actively flirting with Callie.   Also I don't love that he went to the event, looked at the art, and appropriated the whole idea lock stock and barrel and proposed it for the Jacob wall.  I mean I guess it is similar to the Alice and Lindsay situation but it felt like Gael isn't creative enough to come up with something that is his own.

I don't think it is Raj that Isabella slept with.  I think it is a different roommate experience.   But Raj is emotionally out of his relationship with Mariana.   

• Love 13

Isabella is definitely playing the long game.  I don't think she slept with Raj and she knew Davia was watching her and is a nosey as hell.  I also think she's knows that Marianna is impulsive as hell and would immediately run to Evan.  Also, why does everyone insist on sleeping with their bosses and coworkers?!?!  It's so frustrating.  I know it's TV and all, but I've had to talk my fair share of early twenty-somethings off the ledge for getting involved with folks at work or threaten HR action when they let it interfere with their work.  I find it always makes me put my manager hat on why I watch shit like this.  Lol!

4 hours ago, dmc said:

I mean Callie blew up her relationship with Jamie for a completely ridiculous reason.  

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Callie is the absolute worst.  I'd rather have Jamie on the show than her, but you know that's not how things are going to work 🙂

I don't get Callie.  She wants to be a lawyer but doesn't get basics like lawyers owe their clients confidentiality?  No wonder she can't pass the damn bar.  I get she wants to be a social justice warrior, but it was not okay for her to demand Jamie tell her his client's plans or to go through his documents when she didn't get her way.  Jamie gave her a lot of info he really didn't need to, but he should have axed that shit at the beginning.  

4 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

That's on brand for Callie but somebody studying to be a lawyer (theoretically) making such an unethical decision about that case is so gross.  If she had ever bothered to study for and pass the bar that kind of activity would have her in serious trouble with the bar.   

Looks like we were posting at the same time, but exactly!  If she doesn't like the things lawyers have to do or the rules they have to abide by, she needs to find another career.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, luvenan said:

I'm not clear on how this made any sense (or maybe it didn't) in this particular instance, but I think they were not going to work out in the long run. We've got a "The Way we Were" situation where Jamie is all "people are more important than their principles" and Callie is pretty much in the "People ARE their principles" side of the argument. Also, I think Gael is a much better fit for where she is in her life right now. I find them cute together.

I'm still giddy that Dennis and Davia are FINALLY a thing. I wish the scene had been a bit longer, but I guess there wasn't much to say after he confessed to loving her, being advised to not trust his feelings, and immediately saying "I think that's BS". Short, to the point, and very much earned. Well done show.

Dear Marianna, if you are going to sleep with your boss, can you maybe not do it at your workplace? I mean, I get it, look at him, and he's all sweet and your bf is into your roomate, but at least find another location... 

I doubt Isabella actually slept with Raj and am not looking forward to how that's gonna playout... whatever.

I like Alice and her new love interest. Can they get rid of Sumi and Lindsay? They're really annoying.

I think Callie would have a hard time making a relationship work with anybody. Most jobs or careers have an aspect of selling out to them.  The prison system is far from perfect but it’s not going anywhere.  Honestly she reminds me of what Malika’s dad said.  That it took him years to find out you could support the movement without sacrificing yourself.  I am all for advocacy I’m all for change.  But at the end of this episode nothing has changed about the prison system and they’ll probably just end up doing this to another group of people.  Also I’m calling bullshit that these people would turn down money because they found a prison would be built there most people wouldn’t give a shit.  

43 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Isabella is definitely playing the long game.  I don't think she slept with Raj and she knew Davia was watching her and is a nosey as hell.  I also think she's knows that Marianna is impulsive as hell and would immediately run to Evan.  Also, why does everyone insist on sleeping with their bosses and coworkers?!?!  It's so frustrating.  I know it's TV and all, but I've had to talk my fair share of early twenty-somethings off the ledge for getting involved with folks at work or threaten HR action when they let it interfere with their work.  I find it always makes me put my manager hat on why I watch shit like this.  Lol!

I don't get Callie.  She wants to be a lawyer but doesn't get basics like lawyers owe their clients confidentiality?  No wonder she can't pass the damn bar.  I get she wants to be a social justice warrior, but it was not okay for her to demand Jamie tell her his client's plans or to go through his documents when she didn't get her way.  Jamie gave her a lot of info he really didn't need to, but he should have axed that shit at the beginning.  

Looks like we were posting at the same time, but exactly!  If she doesn't like the things lawyers have to do or the rules they have to abide by, she needs to find another career.  

Also let’s not forget that in an effort to be ethical to those people she was unethical with Jamie. She knows she doesn’t have any rate going through his things to learn about his case she knows about attorney-client privilege she has absolutely no respect for those ethics 

I forgot to mention Evan and Marianne.  They probably shouldn’t be having sex at work.  

Edited by dmc
  • Love 8

I bet it will turn out that Isabella feels bad about sleeping with her previous roommate’s boyfriend- so Marianna will be racked with guilt and won’t know what to do- should she tell Raj or not?  

Evan and Marianna probably had sex at the office because production didn’t have the budget to build Evan’s apartment.  

So happy about Dennis and Davia.  

Callie did behave unethically.  So did Jamie.  I think she should stay with him and not go back to Gael.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I bet it will turn out that Isabella feels bad about sleeping with her previous roommate’s boyfriend- so Marianna will be racked with guilt and won’t know what to do- should she tell Raj or not?  

Evan and Marianna probably had sex at the office because production didn’t have the budget to build Evan’s apartment.  

Callie did behave unethically.  So did Jamie.  I think she should stay with him and not go back to Gael.

The budget made me laugh

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ok. I LOVED the Raj fake-out at Spekulate.  Also love how people were shocked/dismayed about Raj but some people clapped when the true assholes got perp walked out.

Ugh. Lyndsey.  What a gaslighter. I am glad Alice confronted them. Also isn't that like the worse thing you can do as a comedian is the bite on/steal other comedians signature jokes?

Very happy about Davia and Dennis.  She looked really good at the event.

I agree with a lot of Callie's positions, but she is just so exhausting about it.  Also that was shady not to mention unethical what she pulled on Jamie.

Malika looked real cute except the fuzzy jacket.  It looked like they killed every muppet to make that jacket.

Man, Isabella took off that mask real quick.  Wonder what her endgame is?  Yeah no matter, Raj is welcome to her.

As much as I ship Mariana and Evan, I mean... the office?   Y'all are dumb.  Aren't there already enough issues with Evan acting inappropes with a subordinate?  Why give people the opportunity to get proof? Still, they have great chemistry.

Is this the first time they've used the 'In Good Trouble" song by India.Arie?  Such restraint!  or maybe they just got the rights?

The show really needs to figure out what to do with Gael.  Right now he is just 'hot' and about his 'art' which isn't going anywhere. And no, that doesn't mean get him back with Callie now that she and Jamie are kinda kaput.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Also, why does everyone insist on sleeping with their bosses and coworkers?!?!  It's so frustrating.  I know it's TV and all, but I've had to talk my fair share of early twenty-somethings off the ledge for getting involved with folks at work or threaten HR action when they let it interfere with their work.  I find it always makes me put my manager hat on why I watch shit like this.  Lol!

I hate having to have the don't shit where you eat conversation with subordinates.  It is so awkward.  

1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

What did Jamie do that is unethical?  I think he deserves better than Callie, but I wanted them to stay together because I don't want him off the show.  Aside from liking that he seems like a thoughtful and balanced guy that tries to do the right thing without blowing shit up, which is a nice contrast to Callie's approach, it makes me laugh to think that Matty McKibben grew up to be a high paid lawyer.  I also appreciate that the show took a nuanced approach to someone that leans more conservatively without making them an over the top caricature, too bad they couldn't do the same for Callie.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, it's no surprise that Callie sabotaged her WASP relationship with her incessant obsession with wokeness on every issue she's known about for 5 seconds...an odd time to pull the principle card when she knew Jaime was a corporate lawyer (which inevitably leads to morally selling out on some level) and had been happily shacking up rent free in his luxury apartment (yeah yeah, she paid like 2% for the last month). She needs to reconnect with Aaron from The Fosters - I'm sure he got into the social justice side of law and they can jack each other off to their moral superiority.

Isabella is obviously referring to a past roommate or lying so the Coterie is very, very gullible. Although the introduction of that whole subplot is weak. She's only there to distract and take heat off of Mariana for literally getting off to the idea of cheating on Raj for months. To her credit though, she was willing to move on from having emotional ties to Evan to make it work with Raj and Raj responds by saying he's debating dumping her? For one sex dream and an implied semi at a party? What? More OOC writing to make Mariana seem more sympathetic. Disappointing after how badass it was having her and Evan and Raj work together to pull off the fake firing.

Rather than the Isabella nonsense, I would've rather had Raj struggling with the fact he was secretly attracted to Evan and then when he and Mariana confess to each other they decide to seduce him together after the natural adrenaline high of the firing hoax, lol. Love triangles are boring.

Lindsey and Sumi are very annoying and poorly written. They act like popular high school theater geeks who think they're better than everyone else. I almost miss Joey, but Alice needs friends/partners who aren't always putting her down or exploiting her. She's way better off with the talent scout, but I'm sure it will be revealed next block she's actually Lindsey's spy or something because Alice can never enjoy anything.

A resounding NO to an implied romantic reunion between Gael and Callie. Why is it that whenever she falls on her ass, her exes pop up to kiss it? Please let him do/be more than Callie's booty call on reserve.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Rather than the Isabella nonsense, I would've rather had Raj struggling with the fact he was secretly attracted to Evan and then when he and Mariana confess to each other they decide to seduce him together after the natural adrenaline high of the firing hoax, lol. Love triangles are boring.

giphy.gif

That would have certainly been entertaining!  I love a thruple!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

This was a really good way to end the season.  It felt a little over-packed/rushed (a lot happened), but at least it never lagged. 

12 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Callie is the absolute worst.  I'd rather have Jamie on the show than her, but you know that's not how things are going to work

Callie's gonna Callie. The only way I can enjoy this show is put her SL aside in a little Callie box and kind of ignore it.  Would rather see both Jamie and Gael with someone else, but she is the lead on the show so... But, I just read that the actor who plays Jamie was upped to a regular for Season 3, so I guess he is sticking around.

6 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I thought the show played this perfectly - the timing was just right (they pushed the "will they won't they" about as far as they could go), and the fact that it all came down to a simple and straightforward declaration from him was pretty touching. 

I think I enjoyed Malika's SL the most this episode. Unlike Callie, the character has really shown growth over the season, and I loved the stuff both with her family and Isaac.  It is nice to see a relationship face mature challenges that aren't about triangles/quadrangles etc. Which is why I am sort of over the Mariana/Raj/Evan/Isabella stuff (even though I have to admit the scene at the end between Mariana and Evan was pretty hot).  

Whoever does the costuming did a great job, everyone looked awesome at the Trap Heals party (especially loved Malika's jacket). 

• Love 4

I guess Callie and Jamie were never going to work out because he is a corporate lawyer and she gives her all to every cause that she hears about. But I still really liked him and don't want him to leave the show. Not sure what reason they can have to keep him though.

I am kind of surprised she went through with it, after her talk about not doing things because you love someone. I guess she didn't really love him, but it also seemed pretty unethical to read another lawyers files and pass the information on to their opposition. 

I thought Jamie made some good points. There are mentally ill people who refuse to get any kind of help.  I'm not saying his company was going to help them, but there's no perfect solution.

Anyone else think Evan and Marianna somehow got recorded. We saw her asshole coworkers getting recorded, admitting to the manifesto, so we know other people could plant cameras in the office too. That is just one of the many reasons not to have sex in the office. With your boss. 

Also Marianna should have talked to Raj first, because I do not think the evidence of him sleeping with Isabella is very strong.

Bad decisions all around.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bybrandy said:

That's on brand for Callie but somebody studying to be a lawyer (theoretically) making such an unethical decision about that case is so gross.  If she had ever bothered to study for and pass the bar that kind of activity would have her in serious trouble with the bar.   

Yes!!! I am so mad at Callie right now. I don’t mind her and Jaime disagreeing on the best course of action regarding mental health services for the city, but Callie MAJORLY violated Jaime’s trust as a girlfriend, behaved unethically benefiting a candidate for the bar and demonstrated she’s too emotionally immature to practice law. 

I am 100% on Jaime’s side with this one. I would’ve asked her to leave. 

6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

What did Jamie do that is unethical?  I think he deserves better than Callie, but I wanted them to stay together because I don't want him off the show.  Aside from liking that he seems like a thoughtful and balanced guy that tries to do the right thing without blowing shit up, which is a nice contrast to Callie's approach, it makes me laugh to think that Matty McKibben grew up to be a high paid lawyer.  I also appreciate that the show took a nuanced approach to someone that leans more conservatively without making them an over the top caricature, too bad they couldn't do the same for Callie.

The actor is staying on the show. While I’m more on Jaime’s side than Callie’s, as another lawyer I do think, no I KNOW he should’ve kept his trap shut about who his client was, and what they did etc etc. Now of course lawyers talk to other lawyers about their cases all the time for insight, off the clock help and general brain storming (especially if that other lawyer is their spouse/partner), but when you’re both licensed you’re bound to confidentiality and it doesn’t leave your damn house if that’s your PARTNER. 

Given Callie isn’t actually a lawyer and completely ridiculous Jaime should’ve known better than to discuss this with her. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes!!! I am so mad at Callie right now. I don’t mind her and Jaime disagreeing on the best course of action regarding mental health services for the city, but Callie MAJORLY violated Jaime’s trust as a girlfriend, behaved unethically benefiting a candidate for the bar and demonstrated she’s too emotionally immature to practice law. 

I am 100% on Jaime’s side with this one. I would’ve asked her to leave. 

The actor is staying on the show. While I’m more on Jaime’s side than Callie’s, as another lawyer I do think, no I KNOW he should’ve kept his trap shut about who his client was, and what they did etc etc. Now of course lawyers talk to other lawyers about their cases all the time for insight, off the clock help and general brain storming (especially if that other lawyer is their spouse/partner), but when you’re both licensed you’re bound to confidentiality and it doesn’t leave your damn house if that’s your PARTNER. 

Given Callie isn’t actually a lawyer and completely ridiculous Jaime should’ve known better than to discuss this with her. 

Did he tell her anything before she already "knew" about it?  I don't pay close enough attention to this show to remember weeks back through all their conversations.

I think emotionally immature sums it up perfectly.  She's also way too ego driven.  It was all about what she thought was best and seeing herself as someone that fights for what's right, not necessarily what was best for the tenants.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think you are probably kidding, but now that you mention it, I think I'd love that.

I agree Callie was wrong to read Jamie's files, but I also think she was right to leave him. I could never be in a relationship with someone who does what he does, or with whom I disagree strongly on basic values and principles of right and wrong.

Callie is impulsive, and she gets herself in hot water and undermines her own effectiveness as an advocate. She needs to work on that. But I don't think her basic commitment to what she believes in is inherently wrong. It does make her and Jamie not a match, though.

I really liked her conversation with Mariana, where they agreed that it was a tough situation and Mariana looked at both sides of the argument and didn't try to tell Callie what to do.

Loved Evan, Mariana, and Raj flushing out the real culprits.

Trying to stay calm and not get too worked up about the drama with Mariana-Isabella-Raj-Evan because I really don't trust the show to not irritate me if I pay it much attention.

Loved Trap Heals and the different things that went on at the event... like Malika taking charge of her life and taking care of herself, while lovingly setting some boundaries with her family... and Davia getting all teacherly on Dennis when she was the one who was most uptight was funny... Dennis taking another step in letting the world in and not trying to just be dead inside.

I agree Gael just taking the idea was kind of shady. I wasn't clear on if he actually did just copy the concept, or if he got inspired by something he saw but then got an idea of his own, because I can't remember what the original thing was that he was looking at when he got inspired.

Alice finally being honest about her feelings, and sticking up for herself was such a relief. I really like her, but the doormat routine had gotten to be waaaaaay too much. I get why it was hard to stand up to Lindsey, but she has this problem with everyone. In the very beginning of the series, there was a bunch of trouble because she had to set limits with the Coterie residents. I suspect Sumi and Lindsey won't take it as well as her housemates did, but it had to happen one way or the other.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Did he tell her anything before she already "knew" about it?  I don't pay close enough attention to this show to remember weeks back through all their conversations.

I think emotionally immature sums it up perfectly.  She's also way too ego driven.  It was all about what she thought was best and seeing herself as someone that fights for what's right, not necessarily what was best for the tenants.  

Jaime told her he was representing Anwei(spelling), and then discussed the settlement with her, and then she looked through his files and he continued to discuss his clients building plans with her. Jaime really shouldn’t have told Callie anything about Anwei that wasn’t a matter of public record. I understand why he did though, but that was a misstep on his part. 

I don’t have a problem with Callie and Jaime disagreeing on an issue (on the principle itself I am more on Callie’s side) but what puts Callie in the wrong more than Jaime is that she violated professional trust (as a candidate for the bar) AND relationship trust as his live in girlfriend. Those two things make Callie more in the wrong for me. Jaime made a lapse in judgement, Callie was willfully and deliberately an ass. 

• Love 3

Can I just remind I don't know who that Callie is not studying for the bar exam?

Callie is passionate and really wants to be on the right side of things but she is misguided on how she goes about things like mental health jails. The system is so messed up, it is an impossible fight. The only thing that anyone can do is pick one little fight at a time because  the one she is fighting is already lost - imagine a corporation that has contracts all over the country for multiple types of prisons and detention centers, backed up by legislators, caving to a yet to be lawyer.

Not that the situation is not dire and needs a lot of work, it is just that she cannot see what is obvious: not her fight. Being a civil rights attorney is one of the more frustrating areas, I believe. I listened to someone from the ACLU talking and it is pretty depressing, the ratio of wins and losses.

It was a good episode. I was able to watch Alice's part and loved that she stood up for Lindsey, whom I never liked. I didn't know it was a finale but I liked how they wrapped up - or almost did - each character's plot. Except that they seem to be paining Gael and Callie again. Hopefully they will finally end this poorly written story, one way or another - get together or go separate ways for good

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

Can I just remind I don't know who that Callie is not studying for the bar exam?

Callie is passionate and really wants to be on the right side of things but she is misguided on how she goes about things like mental health jails. The system is so messed up, it is an impossible fight. The only thing that anyone can do is pick one little fight at a time because  the one she is fighting is already lost - imagine a corporation that has contracts all over the country for multiple types of prisons and detention centers, backed up by legislators, caving to a yet to be lawyer.

Right.  At this point, I wonder if she should even go into really practicing law?  It seems to me like she had this vision of arguing the big sweeping Landmark decision cases that go up to the Supreme court that make big sweeping changes like Roe v. Wade or Loving v. Virginia.  But the reality is that those seismic social change cases are minuscule compared the totality of litigious stuff that happens in the US.

She took something that was important to the small group of tenants that she was supposed to be helping and made into this huge global issue about the state of mental health care in America.  When she just needed to focus on the needs of the group she was supposed to helping and advocating for.

• Love 8
(edited)

Well it was inevitable that Jamie and Callie would break up due to Callie and her billions of causes, but its still sad to see it. I always thought that Jamie might be more into Callie than she was into him, but even worse, Jamie just isnt a "cause" for Callie, nor is he the kind of activist that Callie would want. Callie's type is normally someone who embodies some kind of social justice issue for Callie to fight on behalf of. Back on The Fosters, her love interests included a black teen from a troubled home, who she dumped for a trans activist, and she even had a sort of ambiguous thing with a Latinx DACA girl who was also an activist whos parents were deported. Plus, you know, her foster/adopted brother, of course. Jamie was never going to work for her, being a straight white guy from a rich family who leans conservative, even if he is often more fiscally conservative than socially. While I do tend to share similar views to Callie, its just so hard to get behind her so often. She comes in so hot for so many things, and she is so incapable of looking at the bigger picture of an issue or any counterargument, she needs a partner who basically agrees with everything she says about any topic.  Its too bad, because I thought she had gotten a bit better about that, but apparently not. Why is she even acting so shocked that Jamie is a corporate lawyer, she has known this since she met him! It seems crappy for her to get all self ritious (and even breaking huge ethical rules!) on him for something that she has just now decided is her new favorite cause, a cause that she has only been super passionate about for like five minutes. How can she even know everything about this issue, to the point that she can lecture people about it and even break up with her boyfriend over it, when she has seemingly hardly done any research, besides talking to Milikas friends, who very clearly have strong opinions? 

This episode really just shows that Callie isnt going to be a very good lawyer. She seems to actively hate the law and see it as a road block to her constant need to prove how woke she is and champion every cause she comes across. She broke a huge moral and ethical rule when she gave that information to Malika to tell the tenets, both as a lawyer in training and as a romantic partner. Yeah Jamie should have never told her anything about his clients stuff, but what Callie did seemed so much more calculated. I wonder if Jamie will get in trouble if his firm finds out how the tenets got that information? Callie should focus on being a professional activist like Malika is trying to do, being a lawyer clearly isnt what she is really passionate about. I also wonder about the tenets being so open to turning down the money when they found out it would be a mental health jail (is that whats its actually called?) just out of...principle? I kind of wonder if some of them felt pressured or guilted into not taking the money after Malika or someone else showed up to presumably give a big speech about how evil this whole thing was and if they didnt fight people would be abused by the system. In which case, Callie might not be working for what best for her clients, she is working for some much bigger ideological goal, and I feel like that could become an issue for a lawyer Callie. Its all huge rants about the greater issues of mental health across the US, and not about poor people who need to have some place to live who are looking to her for guidance. 

The event they all went to was cool, and it had a lot of good character beats, like Davia going into teacher mode now that she has read White Fragility, and then her being the one to get awkward, the stuff with Malika, and it looked like a really interesting event. I think acupuncture is scary, but more power to them! 

So glad that Dennis and Davia finally got to the kissing! Its great to see Dennis slowly coming back to the world, letting more people in, and trying to move forward instead of living in the past filled with regret. I love that the flashback we have seen several times of him yelling at his son actually ended on a nice note with a good memory of Dennis as a father. Hopefully they finally make this work for real! 

Also glad to see Alice finally standing up for herself, Sumi and Lindsay both suck, and I really hope that Alice can find some more people in her life who appreciate her. 

I didnt think that Raj really wrote the manifesto, but I didnt think that it was all an operation to bust the real assholes and that Raj was totally in on it with Mariana and Evan! That was awesome! I have no idea where all of this is going with Raj and Mariana, but I dont think he slept with Isabella, but Mariana definitely slept with Evan! Or at least made out pretty hard, something sure went down. Mariana really needs to stop boning people at work, especially as she tries to fight for equality and against accusations of female engineers sleeping their way to the top or dealing with sexual harassment! 

Maybe Gael and Jamie both tell Callie to kick rocks and decide to act on that clear sexual tension? 

Everyone looked great at the Trap Party! The costume people were on point!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Trap party looked amazing. I'm going to assume that like the BLM activists playing themselves, Trap Heals is a real thing and that really was the founder?

Malika and Alice are my favorites. I love both of them asserting themselves and I want to give them both a hug.

This show desperately needs Jazmin on it for Gael to have something to do other than brood. He's 100% more likable with her around. Why are she and her cute bf not living at the Coterie?

Mariana! Girl, you *just* conducted a string operation at the office using hidden cameras.

Edited by sab85
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I also wonder about the tenets being so open to turning down the money when they found out it would be a mental health jail (is that whats its actually called?) just out of...principle? I kind of wonder if some of them felt pressured or guilted into not taking the money after Malika or someone else showed up to presumably give a big speech about how evil this whole thing was and if they didnt fight people would be abused by the system.

That's a very good point. It would be interesting to see what changed their minds because the choice for them seemed so tired, like not really a choice when they decided to accept the offer - or how it was shoed to us via Callie's boss. I would guess it is unrealistic since they were not that many and the company already had one building on either side of the one in question (I think that was the graphic in Jamie's documents, right?)

You comments about Callie take me back to my opinion that Maia is the weakest link in the cast, also a executive producer and lead, so they keep upping the stories that end up in a mess. You are right, law is not where she should be going. Maybe they will change it again, trying to get a better fit but I don't think it is going to work. Callie has good moments but the plots for the other character are much more interesting, and/or the actors are better, imo.

As for Gael, I hope they don't make him go back to have "sexy" scenes with Callie and then disappear because it is boring, cliche-filled and without a real purpose

• Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, sab85 said:

This show desperately needs Jazmin on it for Gael to have something to do other than brood. He's 100% more likable with her around. Why are she and her cute bf not living at the Coterie?

This.  Gael is his best self with Jazmin and she's great with our without Gael.   

• Love 3

Am I the only one desperately hoping that the Mariana/Evan thing wasn't real? Sleeping with your boss is the worst idea. I like the things that Mariana working with Spekulate can bring to the story line, and sleeping with Evan will not end well. 

Callie, I get your passion, but that was so unethical to go through Jamie's paperwork, I can't even pretend to be on your side. I don't know how she will even really become a lawyer with such terrible ethics. 

• Love 2